• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man if there's one thing I hate in Multiplayer, is playing Plunder against a whole clan. These people who get 4 Captures within five minutes and then for the remaining 15 brutally murder the hell out of you in swarms for even thinking of grabbing the idol. They hog the idol and camp around it. And then FINALLY capture the last one with a minute remaining. I know it's not as bad as those sniping cheaters, but damn, it really takes a lot of fun out of the game and replaces it with frustration. I was so close to rage quitting, but somehow had the patience to stick with it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
For 1.05, with the COD health (even though 56% of players did not want it throughout all modes), are you at least going to nuke DTI? It's going to turn into a camp fest if you don't. Crushing health only works with no boosters.

xtheEnemy

Banned
ccdd_hanginthere.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/gaming/ccdd/
:D

crispyben

This morning I decided to scratch my UC2 itch with randoms since nobody was playing... GAF spoiled me! Even though I get more kills, it's not as fun without you guys. I'm only halfway to 46, and I'm pretty sure I'll never get to try those negative boosters, so I just want to have a good time, like last night :)

_RT_

Couldn't there be an auto-kick feature that occurs when someone is stationary for longer than 4 or 5 minutes? Thus eliminating the people that just sit there?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
1.05 includes AFK patch :D

2010-02-11-More-Details-TU105.jpg

Yesterday’s blog post about our Experimental Weekend results sparked quite a bit of debate in the comments and on the PlayStation.com forums. That was not unexpected, especially when we have such a great, vocal multiplayer community. Changing some aspects of gameplay is never an easy consideration for us, nor is it something easy for the players to adapt to. I’m sure once Title Update 1.05 goes up, it will renew the debate. As always – we’ll be reading closely and seeing how the multiplayer matches are playing out.

There’s quite a bit more in store for everyone with Title Update 1.05 and it’s all really good stuff.

In our very first Title Update we introduced a penalty system to deter players who were spuriously quitting from matches (also to quite a bit of debate).The deterrent actually worked really well – we saw in-match departures drop significantly almost immediately. That didn’t mean that the system we worked out was the best implementation, so we looked at ways to improve it, which will be active when Title Update 1.05 goes live.

The cash penalty for leaving a match will now be commensurate to your level at the time the penalty is applied. REMEMBER: You won’t receive a penalty for leaving a match for whatever reason for the first time within a particular span of time. The tiered penalty by level is as follows:

* Levels 1 – 20: -10,000
* Levels 21 – 40 = -20,000
* Levels 41 – 60 = -40,000

We’ve also noticed – and heard your reports – of players who are flagrantly AFK during matches, apparently affecting Plunder matches the most. We’ve put in some hooks to look out for AFK players and remove them from the active matchmaking player pool until they’ve returned. That doesn’t mean you won’t run into AFK players or that some less than honorable players will find a workaround, but this should aid matches stay more balanced between teams.

Since Title Update 1.04, we’ve started to hear from you about seeing your individual Level being reset and also seeing your Ranked playlist skill rank reset again during the course of play. Both cases have been some very nasty occurrences that have not been easy to completely eradicate, despite our best efforts. Thanks to some aid from our community, we have been able to get to the bottom of what’s been affecting a small portion of our players. Addressing this as soon as possible was incredibly important to us, which is while you’ll be seeing Title Update 1.05 released very soon.

One last, more cosmetic, detail you’ll see in Title Update 1.05 concerns the multiplayer menu screen. Back in Title Update 1.02 we added leaderboards in various categories to the menu screen. To supplement this, we’ve added a crawling ticker to the bottom of the menu screen which displays select stats from the leaderboards.We’ve posted a couple screenshots of this in action in the Title Update 1.05 Flickr set.

It may be hard to believe, but we haven’t covered everything that’s in the upcoming Title Update 1.05 yet. Stay tuned for more!​

Looks like a pretty big update, I hope they add a new map and/or new mode.

fwocoi.jpg

Wonder what the blurred option is.....

Andvary

"1 daily players"

So now they will show how many players are active daily instead of people online at the moment, I think that's better. :)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This update seems pretty awesome if you ask me. I'm glad they heard the complaints about the idle players. Although you can still be stuck with some, it's assuring that they'll be sort of kicked from the matchmaking pool.

Wario64 said:
My guess is an in-game store to purchase DLC content
Me too.

Treb

Hooray for the AFK patch! Interested in learning more about the update. Not too sure about the whole health/damage thing, though.

Seriously, what the fuck! I've said this before and I'll say it again. The people who liked the health/damage change are still playing despite it being set back to default.... and they may have even forgotten about it after all this time and have come to enjoy normal damage even more. BUT, those of us who hated the change are most likely going to discontinue playing a borked version of a game we love. What the fuck are they thinking?

It's hard enough to roll or climb to cover (the aspects of the game that set it apart from everything else) against someone with DTI. I'm probably done with this game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Speaking of Down the Irons...why do you still get hit even when you're taking cover? That's bullshit.

Also:

The Fort glitches? Any word on that?

Loudninja

Blu_LED said:
So 1.05 lowers the HP for everyone. One thing is for sure....

THERE WILL BE BLOOD

Hmm you already died pretty quick don't see the point.Oh well if it does not work out they can always change it back.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Seriously, what the fuck! I've said this before and I'll say it again. The people who liked the health/damage change are still playing despite it being set back to default.... and they may have even forgotten about it after all this time and have come to enjoy normal damage even more. BUT, those of us who hated the change are most likely going to discontinue playing a borked version of a game we love. What the fuck are they thinking?

It's hard enough to roll or climb to cover (the aspects of the game that set it apart from everything else) against someone with DTI. I'm probably done with this game.

I'm ok with the lowered health if they reduce the cheapness of DTI. During that weekend I strapped on DTI with the AK and raped everyone (17-4 and the like). I felt so dirty. I doubt they will though. I hate to think was Invalid is going to be like.

Rikyfree

alr1ghtstart said:
I'm ok with the lowered health if they reduce the cheapness of DTI. During that weekend I strapped on DTI with the AK and raped everyone (17-4 and the like). I felt so dirty. I doubt they will though. I hate to think was Invalid is going to be like.
Yea, I'm dumping invalid now thanks to this patch. Gonna be damn near impossible to get that medal. Hello Half-loaded and Juggler/Sure shot/Rapid hands/ ugh... DTI....

rc213

m0dus said:
Seriously. guys. I was staring at a f**ckton of concept art before the game was even announced. and I had to keep my mouth shut. Do you have any. idea. how. maddening. that. was.?

That is fucking awesome work there m0dus, Congrats.

Killthee said:
1.05 includes AFK patch :D

Okay, stupid question, what does AFK stand for? I know it obviously refers to those Idle players who stick themselves in matches just for Leveling Up, but I can't figure out what AFK is supposed to stand for.

web01

Crushing is gonna completely fuck this game online just like it did on the experimental weeklend.

Best thing about having a decent amount of health is that its not always the person to shoot first that wins as a smart player can outwit an opponent and turn the tables around.
This also helps to reduce the effects of lag as its less about twitch shooting skills. And it also reduces the effect of players camping in obscure places waiting for a kill.

The fact they are bending the results of the poll to lean in their favour is even more disgusting when it is clear that the MAJORITY did not like the reduced health.

How about they fix actual problems with the game like the ability to spam a nade at your feet at the last second which most people agree is completely broken.

Levi

Banned
Angry tirades probably aren't the best way to get your point across. I'm willing to wait and see what the update does before I get too upset.

CozMick

Banned
Awwww still no grenade consistency :(

Scrap the Crushing health idea ND and fix the bloody grenades.

Throwing one at someones feet when dying and having a half second detonation is ridiculous, it literally ruins the game, yet when i'm alive and throw one at a guy who is 50ft away it takes 5-6 seconds.

Wowbagger

crispyben said:
Where has Crushing health been confirmed as part of V1.05???

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/experimental_weekend_poll_results/

Seems it's not quite as simple as changing health to Crushing.

With more work done to show stats in-game, any chance the in-game leaderboards will ever be completely synced with the website stats? A bit silly how in-game board shows total cash earned, but not time played. And since competitive and coop kills are now separate stats on the website, I would think it would be possible to include all competitive kills in-game?

arne

Wowbagger said:
With more work done to show stats in-game, any chance the in-game leaderboards will ever be completely synced with the website stats? A bit silly how in-game board shows total cash earned, but not time played. And since competitive and coop kills are now separate stats on the website, I would think it would be possible to include all competitive kills in-game?

Unfortunately they won't for people who have been playing before the leaderboards. Although over time the delta between your real stats and the leaderboard stats should be a negligible percentage (hopefully).

The leaderboard stat "repository" if you will, started the day we activated the database and only covers data from that day forward. We could not add in historical data unfortunately.

Gloinn

Neo Member
I didn't understand if the new PAtch 1.5 will reduce health !!! If it's true, it's over for me. I HATED the Crushing health. This game has so much lag, it will be "unplayabled 2 Among Thief".
So disapointed...

Garjon

Well this patch seems interesting, glad to see a stop being put to AFK players. I'm in two minds about Crushing health; it might increase the pace of games a little, but it means the FAL is beyond deadly, the AK is beyond useless and the M4 rules all (as usual).
Where I think this could be become problematic is during Plunder, where I can see a large increase in the numbers of tied games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom