• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoboman

TheExecutive said:
You have to start a completely fresh game. You cannot carry over anything into a new game (treasures etc...).

I guess the reason behind this is that the save games from before the trophy patch could not be counted because they were not tied to an account so people, in theory, could just pass around a saved game and gain all the trophies for it.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.
That's fine, but that'll mean playing 2 times to get the Platinum :(

So I have to delete my save file??

Drame

Man, Co-Op is so much fun.

I really need to get better with the controls, before jumping to a human vs. human games.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, I still haven't got any trophies in UC for that reason.

although, in hindsight, I've probably played through it enough since the patch to have long since reacquired all the unlocks. Meh.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yoboman said:
That's fine, but that'll mean playing 2 times to get the Platinum :(

So I have to delete my save file??
No, you already have crushing unlocked, so just start a new game on it. Then after when you have a new file you can delete the old one so that it doesn't confuse you (as you won't be getting any trophies if you load that other file)

deepbrown said:
There are 100 treasures in the full game :O

Shame there's only two trophies for multiplayer though. I guess all the rewards are in-game, and the Dog's will be given extra space for trophies when they put out the first MP DLC pack.
That's very possible actually. But I like that there's no online trophies. They are usually just something completely impossible to get for me, and they don't quite go hand in hand with the description that the game is supposed to be like a 'comfort' movie.

rhino4evr

JSnake said:
There are two online trophies and they are "finish a competitive match" and "finish a coop match."

LOL, those are pretty lame. I hope the Single player trophies are a little more inventive.

timkunedo

JSnake said:
There are two online trophies and they are "finish a competitive match" and "finish a coop match."

I'm glad these are the only ones. Easy as pie to get. I'm glad there's no ridiculous ones like kill 3 chloes online within 3 seconds of each other. Or kill Nate with Chloe with Elena getting an assist. Trophies/Achievements like that drive me insane!

timkunedo said:
I'm glad these are the only ones. Easy as pie to get. I'm glad there's no ridiculous ones like kill 3 chloes online within 3 seconds of each other. Or kill Nate with Chloe with Elena getting an assist. Trophies/Achievements like that drive me insane!

They also ruin the game. Multiplayer Trophies/Achievements are always a bad idea but the ones they added won't effect how people play, so it's cool.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
rhino4evr said:
LOL, those are pretty lame. I hope the Single player trophies are a little more inventive.
They are very similar to the first game I think. Not exactly the most inventive of the bunch, but again - inventive trophies usually means that it's something very hard to get (I always think of PixelJunk Monsters as an example of this)

What I like the best is that the trophies here, just as in the first game, give you an encouragement to look for hidden treasures. Those were fun to find (and fun to ogle over too :)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
ESRB said:
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Sony Computer Entertainment America Teen Blood, Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence PlayStation 3

dunno about U2 , but Uncharted 1 got "T" too , when it was very "M" imo , it's good for the game to get lower rating but I just disagree with ESRB guys here.

LaneDS

Totobeni said:
dunno about U2 , but Uncharted 1 got "T" too , when it was very "M" imo , it's good for the game to get lower rating but I just disagree with ESRB guys here.

Very M? Minus some PG-13 curse words ("shit" being the prime offender) I'm not sure what you could mean. Yeah, you're killing tons of pirates, but there's no blood or gore involved. That's pretty much the benchmark for an M rating these days, as far as I know.

Loudninja

Totobeni said:

What? it wasn't anywhere near a M rating.

Tom Penny

JSnake said:

:lol There should be one for finishing co-op on crushing. Then a platinum for co-op if you finish 2 people crushing ( near impossible IMO) or all 10 rounds of Gold Rush 2 people. It is very hard to do.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
LaneDS said:
Very M? Minus some PG-13 curse words ("shit" being the prime offender) I'm not sure what you could mean. Yeah, you're killing tons of pirates, but there's no blood or gore involved. That's pretty much the benchmark for an M rating these days, as far as I know.
There was blood and some of the cutscenes were a bit graphic with impaled pirates and several close-ups of headshots. It wasn't at an M level but it was definitely much more than I'm used to seeing in a T game. I think it definitely was on par with a PG-13 movie though. Violence has gotten a lot more graphic in those in the past few years.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
LaneDS said:

I'm not sure which Uncharted you were playing, but there is definitely blood when you shoot people. It would feel really weird if there wasn't. It wasn't an offensive amount though and I'm pretty sure it didn't splatter on surfaces. I would be very surprised if the game had gotten an M rating.

SolidC213

LaneDS said:
Just played an elimination against a party of five. Three of our team dropped, so it was 5v2. Managed to kill all five of their team members by myself one round, felt awesome, had to share.

Cant you just show us the video? :D

Lince said:
fantastic news, I was afraid of KZ2-like trophies. I won't be doing that again (playing like mad for a whole week to get the damn trophies), never ever again.

Though I am happy there aren't pages and pages of required trophies for UCD2 like there were for KZ2 I genuinely had a great time getting all the trophies for Killzone. Except the damn turret and air sentry ones damn them to hell!

LaneDS

grif1020 said:
I'm not sure which Uncharted you were playing, but there is definitely blood when you shoot people. It would feel really weird if there wasn't. It wasn't an offensive amount though and I'm pretty sure it didn't splatter on surfaces. I would be very surprised if the game had gotten an M rating.

I played through it last month twice on hard and crushing, and can't recall any blood. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am saying that if it's that hard to notice, it's not exactly anywhere close to gory. Even in cutscenes when they're supposed to show you something gory, like the U-boat captain or the guy stuck on the trap, it's pretty damn ungory. I don't recall blood there either.

The violence is definitely very tame by videogame standards was my point.

MNC

So, the bullet trails/textures sometimes seem to take a long time to get to an enemy. Does this game need any leading? I don't think it does but I'm just checking.

icechai

BruceLeeRoy said:
Though I am happy there aren't pages and pages of required trophies for UCD2 like there were for KZ2 I genuinely had a great time getting all the trophies for Killzone. Except the damn turret and air sentry ones damn them to hell!

agreed, KZ2 trophies really extended the online play without seeming too tedious (looking at Warhawk). Oh well, glad to see Naughty Dog still knows the emphasis of a treasure hunt is still in the single player.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I just got my copy and shit my pants in the process! It's been since MGS4 that I've been so excited for a game.

Yoboman

Started a Crushing run through, I'm getting my ass kicked :lol Any advice?

Im at about 15% trophies now though treasures make it fairly easy there's no way I'll get some like "defeat 50 pirates without dying"on Crushing though

JSnake said:

Almost worthless if you ask me. I tend to enjoy the online trophies that take some time but are not a pain. Like earn so much XP or Money in multiplayer. Something that could take a month or so but you know that in every game you are heading towards it.

Oh well, maybe with some multiplayer DLC in the future we will get more online trophies.

jett

D-Member
Something wrong with headshots in this beta for sure, compared with the last beta. I shot someone right in the face and he didn't die. :/

LaneDS

Yoboman said:
Started a Crushing run through, I'm getting my ass kicked :lol Any advice?

Im at about 15% trophies now though treasures make it fairly easy there's no way I'll get some like "defeat 50 pirates without dying"on Crushing though

Don't rely on the cover mechanic too much. Do a lot of aiming and self positioning to keep yourself out of the line of fire. With the cover mechanic you expose too much of yourself and will die easily. Also, master the pistols, you'll probably get most of your kills with effective pistoling for the early parts of the game. Learning where enemies spawn is also hugely helpful for Crushing.

You might surprise yourself and get the 50 kills without dying on Crushing while doing the later sections of the game. Doesn't have to be pirates either. As for the other trophies, like Brutal Slugger or whatever, do those on easy. Five brutal combos in a row or the five melee finishers on Crushing would be plain awful.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
RoboPlato said:
There was blood and some of the cutscenes were a bit graphic with impaled pirates and several close-ups of headshots. It wasn't at an M level but it was definitely much more than I'm used to seeing in a T game. I think it definitely was on par with a PG-13 movie though. Violence has gotten a lot more graphic in those in the past few years.
Yeah, it's practically that. It's the kind of violence seen in Indy movies, with a select shocking scene or two. There is blood when you shoot at someone, but no pouring blood once they fall on the ground. Also, the comical nature of enemy animations, both regular and death animations, doesn't make the whole thing look very realistic in a scary way. You somewhat feel like you're playing a movie, not a real life, if it makes sense. The enemy deaths don't seem real, but more like acted, as in - they will just stand up and walk away when you move on to the next set piece kind of way.

I think T rating is appropriate, I've seen a lot more gory things when I was teen, that's for sure. On the other hand I cannot for the life of me understand why something like Halo warrants an M rating. There were no particularly scary or shocking scenes, and you shoot at colorful looking aliens, so not even human characters.

LaneDS said:
Don't rely on the cover mechanic too much. Do a lot of aiming and self positioning to keep yourself out of the line of fire. With the cover mechanic you expose too much of yourself and will die easily.
I don't agree with this. Blindfire with shotgun when you're in cover was highly effective on crushing.

LaneDS

bigGIRLSblouse said:
Almost worthless if you ask me. I tend to enjoy the online trophies that take some time but are not a pain. Like earn so much XP or Money in multiplayer. Something that could take a month or so but you know that in every game you are heading towards it.

Oh well, maybe with some multiplayer DLC in the future we will get more online trophies.

Don't expect online trophies down the line. Naughty Dog has said that it taints the online experience, and I don't see them changing that much. I think the medal system and stat tracking is a nice compromise. Doesn't force players interested in trophies to play multiplayer with folks that just want to play the multiplayer for what it is, and you don't see people changing their playstyles to get certain trophies either.

jett said:
Something wrong with headshots in this beta for sure, compared with the last beta. I shot someone right in the face and he didn't die. :/

I've noticed that whenever I get a HS it's more of a fluke than anything else, no matter how good of a job I do with my aiming. Whatever, it's more of a reason to go ninja and just snap peoples necks over and over again.

Also, i haven't been able to check my stats in the last 3 days. The stats site seems to be borked atm. Hopefully it's not going to crap out when the game hits stores.

Decado

So...WTF. Has anyone actually gotten the MP demo to work? I get to the "connecting with players" screen and it just loads indefinitely.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Freedom = $1.05 said:
I've noticed that whenever I get a HS it's more of a fluke than anything else, no matter how good of a job I do with my aiming. Whatever, it's more of a reason to go ninja and just snap peoples necks over and over again.

Also, i haven't been able to check my stats in the last 3 days. The stats site seems to be borked atm. Hopefully it's not going to crap out when the game hits stores.

Well it's a beta for a reason I suppose. I'm sure they'll have it all squared away, Naughty Dog is usually as high quality as it gets, so I'm not worried.

Banned
Decado said:
So...WTF. Has anyone actually gotten the MP demo to work? I get to the "connecting with players" screen and it just loads indefinitely.

I've been stuck at the matchmaking screen for an hour now... pissing me off...

dralla

jett said:

HS were never 1 hit kills, unless you are talking about the co-op.

LaneDS

00011000 said:
I've been stuck at the matchmaking screen for an hour now... pissing me off...

Have you tried dropping matchmaking then putting yourself back into the queue? I've noticed that helps sometimes.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I had a lot of matchmaking problems with the first beta, but until yesterday this one has worked fast for me. I started to have problems yesterday afternoon, I'd be in matchmaking forever...occasionaly I'd find a few players, but it would just reset back to none. Maybe it has something to do with the public demo being out, the servers are way busier.

Banned
LaneDS said:
Have you tried dropping matchmaking then putting yourself back into the queue? I've noticed that helps sometimes.

i've done this many many times, but still get nothing. ughhhh..... so frustrating. This isn't a beta afterall... It's a demo!

LaneDS

00011000 said:
i've done this many many times, but still get nothing. ughhhh..... so frustrating. This isn't a beta afterall... It's a demo!

Bleh, that sucks. If it makes you feel any better, my PS3 doesn't want to get an IP from my router anymore for the past two days (and then sometimes it randomly will). So I understand the pain of not being able to play.

Banned
LaneDS said:
Bleh, that sucks. If it makes you feel any better, my PS3 doesn't want to get an IP from my router anymore for the past two days (and then sometimes it randomly will). So I understand the pain of not being able to play.

no, doesn't make me feel better man. fail of a massive magnitude. canceling pre-order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom