• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The animation in mp is sooo good. It's not just Drake, every character moves really well...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
GeeDuhb said:
LMFAO! That is epic! You need to make that into a GIF...I still want to know how people do that...

Major pain in the ass...

MNC

I want to record my BBQ kills :(

Also this is one of the few games that I'm actually saying Day 1. I might even preorder :lol

MNC

Rapping Granny said:
I uploaded a video, where do I go to see it? and WTF at the stats page not working in naughtydog.com.
It means it's stored online, so you can send it to friends on PSN. No browser viewing on the PC or anything.

LaneDS

Shuusui said:
How the hell do you upload matches to YouTube?

There's no in-game functionality for YouTube support unfortunately. You'd have to use a capture card (or a camera) to YouTube replays.

timkunedo

LaneDS said:
There's no in-game functionality for YouTube support unfortunately. You'd have to use a capture card (or a camera) to YouTube replays.

just my opinion, but i think ND should have focused more on youtube integration than twitter integration. Not that big of deal though....still my goty!!

A.R.K

timkunedo said:
just my opinion, but i think ND should have focused more on youtube integration than twitter integration. Not that big of deal though....still my goty!!

agreed...It would have been really awesome to watch your uploaded videos on youtube or somewhere on a PC. Didn't Sony already had Youtube uploading in the PS3 SDK that could be used by any developer? Hope ND will patch this feature and the ability to turn on the HUD during screen caps.

LaneDS

timkunedo said:

Yeah, would have been cooler, but probably a lot harder to implement compared to something like Pixeljunk Eden. As said above, maybe we'll see a patch or at least see it in Uncharted 3.

YoungHav

Banned
This demo is great. Online feels good and I like the touch of putting Cinema mode in. Glad to see they didn't spend 4yrs worth of money on graphics, only to have major holes in online play, unbalanced classes, and changing their controls within a week unlike some other devs I won't name.

Zzoram

templeusox said:
I would love to see Sony pull some strings to get Nolan North on a late night talk show to promote the game as if it was a movie.

Which one? What date? Is it online yet?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
JSnake said:
I just got to the ice world and OMFG THIS GAME. GOTY
I had exactly the same reaction :D . I'm waiting for my wife to go to sleep and I'm back to it. Needless to say I'm completely addicted.

Crisis

Banned
timkunedo said:

If it were uploaded online already I don't see a reason we shouldn't be able to sign into our YouTube account information and opt to have the video converted to a YouTube-friendly format and then upload it from the PS3 or save it to the hard drive.

Crisis said:
If it were uploaded online already I don't see a reason we shouldn't be able to sign into our YouTube account information and opt to have the video converted to a YouTube-friendly format and then upload it from the PS3 or save it to the hard drive.
I believe a way to quickly encode the video has not yet been found so to do it they would need to further update the entire cinema mode to handle that process. Hopefully this shows up through a patch as I agree that putting up clips of the game on YouTube (or just in 720p to the HDD) would be awesome and could make for some GREAT machinima :D

timkunedo

Crisis said:

Fix this shit Naughty Dog!! :lol

Violater said:
So we wont be able to view the replays on ND's website?
that kinda sucks :/

Not sure if it is for the same reason but Halo 3 had the same issue for a long time. Only recently do they render video for the web.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Here's an article from a Metal Gear Solid fan site that compares first Uncharted with MGS4. I'm posting it not because I necessarily agree with author (I think he's way, way too critical of MGS4, and doesn't give it nearly enough credit for many things) but because I thought it points out how much there is to like in one series if you like another. Both are very strong on characterization and want to tell an interesting story in a believable, thickly painted world. I wish more MGS fans everywhere realized this sooner.

http://metalgearscholar.blogspot.com/search/label/Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

ryan-ts

Lord Error said:
Here's an article from a Metal Gear Solid fan site that compares first Uncharted with MGS4. I'm posting it not because I necessarily agree with author (I think he's way, way too critical of MGS4, and doesn't give it nearly enough credit for many things) but because I thought it points out how much there is to like in one series if you like another. Both are very strong on characterization and want to tell an interesting story in a believable, thickly painted world. I wish more MGS fans everywhere realized this sooner.

MGS isn't a believable world :lol

Violater

JSnake said:
I know I said I wouldn't take anymore pics but that was before I got to the MOTHERFUCKING ICE WORLD GODDAM SON.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/Jsnake9/SDC10010.jpg

This game. :OOO

x1ilhh.jpg

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
ryan-ts said:
MGS isn't a believable world :lol
I don't know if I used the right word. I didn't mean believable in a physical sense. For example, I know for a fact that nowhere in our universe there is and will be anything like a Lord of the Rings world. Magic like that is just not phycally possible. Still though, I would call that an extremely believable world, in the same sense I was trying to communicate for these game series.

RichardAM said:
Lava world and underwater world are next right?
You joke, but I wish more games would have Ice&Snow 'world'. Having snow that your characters feet fall through a bit and make that squishy sound, always makes me giddy. First Jak game did this well.

JSnake

Lord Error said:
I don't know if I used the right word. I didn't mean believable in a physical sense. For example, I know for a fact that nowhere in our universe there is and will be anything like a Lord of the Rings world. Magic like that is just not phycally possible. Still though, I would call that an extremely believable world, in the same sense I was trying to communicate for these game series.

You joke, but I wish more games would have Ice&Snow 'world'. Having snow that your characters feet fall through a bit and make that squishy sound, always makes me giddy. First Jak game did this well.
I think he was making fun of how I call it an ice world as if it's a Mario game or something :lol

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Lord Error said:

Oh no, I love me some snow- the ice cavern map in the beta is superb so i'm definitely looking forward to more of it.

JSnake got what I was trying to say. :lol

slipknot2009

Neo Member
anybody going to check out the in-theater uncharted 2 events on tuesday? apparently, if u live in LA, san fran, seattle, or chicago, you can play uncharted 2 in a movie theater.

i am definitely going to the one in LA since I haven't been able to stop playing the MP demo since i downloaded it wed. night.

info/locations: unchartedthegame.com

anybody thinking about going?

ryan-ts

Lord Error said:

Yeah, I'm just foolin. I understood what you meant to say.

I just had a match where on my team only 3 members got kills in deathmatch. Needless to say we were slaughtered but the three of us accounted 30 or so kills so it's all good.

Lord Error said:

Oh, god.

JSnake said:
I think he was making fun of how I call it an ice world as if it's a Mario game or something :lol
A lava world is totally possible! What if Drake was driving a plane and accidentally crashed into a volcano where he will fight the last boss!

The last boss is Wesker.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
RichardAM said:
Oh no, I love me some snow- the ice cavern map in the beta is superb so i'm definitely looking forward to more of it.

JSnake got what I was trying to say. :lol
Oh, I got it too, but just wanted to express my undying love for well realized snow in games.
Creatures 2 on C64 still has one of the best snow levels of anything I've played.

Kittonwy

Banned
YoungHav said:
This demo is great. Online feels good and I like the touch of putting Cinema mode in. Glad to see they didn't spend 4yrs worth of money on graphics, only to have major holes in online play, unbalanced classes, and changing their controls within a week unlike some other devs I won't name.

No need to be bitter just because you don't like how online is set up in some game by some dev you won't name, in fact that particular game which shall remain nameless plays very well right now and is quite balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom