• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long legs this game has. 3,5 million! Two weeks ago it was 2,5 million. Word of mouth and these awards flowing in sure are healthy for sales :D. Onward to 5 million!

jett

D-Member
AniHawk said:
I bought it used.

21cv2p.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
They have a top secret chat room, I think that's where they make plans to meet up.
I'll be on later tonight and most nights, if you a co-op partner feel free to add Snuggler86.

Yeef

Snuggler said:
They have a top secret chat room, I think that's where they make plans to meet up.
I'll be on later tonight and most nights, if you a co-op partner feel free to add Snuggler86.
I tried to invite you to the room a couple of nights ago, but I couldn't find your on my list. Did you delete me?

That's not cool, bro.

Teknoman

Snuggler said:

Alright. Oh and to anyone else, PSN TeknomanEX.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeef said:
I tried to invite you to the room a couple of nights ago, but I couldn't find your on my list. Did you delete me?

That's not cool, bro.

Well, it's probably sounds weird but in a moment of frustration I made the questionable decision to delete like half of my friends list because I hadn't spoken with them or played with them in months. I shouldn't have deleted the Yeef though, if it's cool I'll shoot you another friend request so I can get in on the Uncharted action.n

deepbrown

templeusox said:
It's gone up half a million with each new press release.
This is the first "press release" the dog's were just speaking by what they had been told before then in interviews that had been held weeks before.

Cesar

Banned
3,5 million? That's a fantastic number, especially for a Sony first party game. Besides GT5 Prologue I believe it's their best selling PS3 game yet.

Up to 4 million ND!

CozMick

Banned
Deathmatch Snipers and Pistole on Lost City is bloody awesome stuff, love it!

Has there been more info on the unreleased new game modes that were rumoured?

Chris_C

I played MP today for the first time since about a month after launch. Damn, folks got good. Also, the new maps are tres confusing, the Shambala ruins almost feel too open, like there's nowhere to take cover.

heringer

Well, I guess you CAN play Uncharted 2 first, but then you will miss some references and feel underwhelmed when you get to play the first.

I recommend playing Drake's Fortune first.

CozMick

Banned
Chris_C said:
I played MP today for the first time since about a month after launch. Damn, folks got good. Also, the new maps are tres confusing, the Shambala ruins almost feel too open, like there's nowhere to take cover.

Wait! what? you have the new maps?

Whats this Shambala Ruins you're talking about?

Danielsan

Perhaps someone here can help?
I keep losing the Uncharted 2 chat room from my chat memory.
W0Wbagger sent me a new invite yesterday (thanks again!) which I used this morning.
Sadly Uncharted 2 locked up and I had to manually reboot the system.
And sure enough, the chat is gone again. It's not just after manual reboots either.
I really don't get it. It's not like I ever asked the system to delete the chat.

CozMick said:
Wait! what? you have the new maps?

Whats this Shambala Ruins you're talking about?
He means The Lost City I think
Which isn't a new map though...

Chris_C

Yes, the Lost City, and it wasn't there at launch, as I said in my post I hadn't played since November so that, the Tibetan ruins map, and the throwback map to Uncharted 1 are all new to me.

Danielsan

Chamber said:
Lost City was there at launch. The only added map is the Fort.
It wasn't there during the beta though.

Is the game locking up as much for anyone else?
This is like the 3rd time today that the countdown stops at 1 and everyone ends up stuck...

heringer

Man, I'm so pissed right now. I was winning a Plunder match, great game, almost 40k of winnings. Then right in the end of the game I got a disconnection. When I get back not only I don't get my earnings but also get punished in 20k. This is bullshit.

AniHawk

I got to about chapter 17 or 18 before I stopped. It's got the same major issue I had with Jak II, but it's not nearly as severe. Also, the balance between being a decent shooter, a boring shooter and the platforming seems to be better, and I think it's thanks to the game being so very linear compared to Jak II. Certain parts are really cool so far- the way the game begins is pretty fantastic (although I question why ND had me play that part twice, but I think I already know the answer).

Oh, and you just gotta love the Crash Bandicoot chase scenes. Those just happen and you have to smile.

I should beat it today, maybe do a little multiplayer. Overall, it's good. I can see where people would enjoy it. I can't see where people would enjoy Jak II unless they were narrowly focused on the few good platforming elements. I'll be back once I'm finished.

Wowbagger

Danielsan said:
Perhaps someone here can help?
I keep losing the Uncharted 2 chat room from my chat memory.
W0Wbagger sent me a new invite yesterday (thanks again!) which I used this morning.
Sadly Uncharted 2 locked up and I had to manually reboot the system.
And sure enough, the chat is gone again. It's not just after manual reboots either.
I really don't get it. It's not like I ever asked the system to delete the chat.

Do you have a lot of chat rooms stored? Maybe there is a limit.

Andvary

Danielsan said:
It wasn't there during the beta though.

Is the game locking up as much for anyone else?
This is like the 3rd time today that the countdown stops at 1 and everyone ends up stuck...

It has happened to me a couple of times this week.

Andvary said:
It has happened to me a couple of times this week.

This is what happens when the host losses the connection while the game is loading. Best thing to do is sign out of PSN and then log back on. If you don't do that, it will sit there forever.

JB1981

Have mixed feelings about the new damage model. Hate the over-the-shoulder switching however. What was the rationale behind this decision? Please change it back to the way it was originally please.

I am also trying to figure out if I have good games because I am usually host. Is there a way to tell that you are host?

slider

Ordered this for a friend's birthday (ordered in Sept '09 so a pre-order really) from Play and on a recent trip back to home discovered he'd never received it. Contacted Play and they sent me a form to fill out which I in turn sent back to them. They shipped a replacement and didn't charge me. Awesome work. Checking my credit card statements I wasn't charged the first time either. Not sure if this is their normal policy but pretty pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom