• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

j-wood

7 games today of plunder. 7 games where someone on my team leaves within the first minute. The, we get destroyed. Why does this happen to me? :(

Rikyfree

j-wood said:
7 games today of plunder. 7 games where someone on my team leaves within the first minute. The, we get destroyed. Why does this happen to me? :(
Simple. Your name is not Qlaahrqueh, thus logic dictates that you shall get boned.

After initially being a cry baby about the patch, I no longer care.

A part of me is saddened by the rapage of the traversal system, but whatever. I have a feeling these changes were made when ND players were murdered by GAF players? Just a feeling.

It's also not fun just "aiming" (used loosely) across the map and getting an easy kill. If this is what they want, then fine... I'm ok with that. I feel so bad for new players even more now. I know this was done to make it easier but fuck, they're getting destroyed. Thanks, ND. Free kills ftw.

Rikyfree said:
Simple. Your name is not Qlaahrqueh, thus logic dictates that you shall get boned.

Yeah, and his name isn't cjtiger300!!!!!:lol :lol :lol :lol

Edit: I will be on after Apollo Ohno wins the gold in Short track 1000 meters!

Danielsan

Wowbagger said:
Do you have a lot of chat rooms stored? Maybe there is a limit.
This issue is starting to piss me off.
I deleted all the other chat rooms, left the room (it was still there after I left) and turned the system off. This morning I turned it on to check and lo and behold... no chat room.
Seriously, is there something I'm missing?

borsdy

Banned
so this local video store has like six copies of Unchated but only one copy of Unc2 and it has been rented out for the whole week, should I buy this out of impatience?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
borsdy said:
so this local video store has like six copies of Unchated but only one copy of Unc2 and it has been rented out for the whole week, should I buy this out of impatience?

Short answer: yes.
Long answer:
FUCK YEAH!

j-wood

I really like the new health system. Mainly because now, I don't have to empty an entire clip from the AK into someone, only to have them throw a grenade at my feet. They usually don't have time too now.

Gyrian

j-wood said:
Mainly because now, I don't have to empty an entire clip from the AK into someone, only to have them throw a grenade at my feet. They usually don't have time too now.

This still happens all the time to me; then again, I do have that grenade allergy. :s

I'm really enjoying the re-balance. There are still some tweaks that can be made, but hardly the game-breaking experienced many braced themselves for over here.

A small suggestion; the Dragon's clip size is a good step, but it might also be worth looking into its rate of fire.
Single shot action like a bolt rifle has been mentioned, but I think it would feel out of character for the weapon.
Wouldn't be against NDI giving us a new weapon in that vein, though, like we have two tiers of shotguns.
How about a Kar98K, to supplement the Luger and MP40s?
Come to think of it, I really hope we see those in the new U-Boat pen DLC map! ;]

The FAL can get pretty ridiculous in some maps, but I'm not sure yet what I'd suggest to tweak this weapon.

Negaiido

j-wood said:
I really like the new health system. Mainly because now, I don't have to empty an entire clip from the AK into someone, only to have them throw a grenade at my feet. They usually don't have time too now.

I also like it but not with invalid. With invalid you die with just 1 shot/hit and that's just not fair.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I guess this is kind of a dumb question, but how will matchmaking work with the new map pack? Is there gonna be a specific playlist for them? If not you'd have to be only matched up with the people that have them or people that don't have them would have to be "booted" from the game when they come up for it to work. I'm still looking forward to the new content, though, love the MP. <3

I'm really enjoying the re-balance. There are still some tweaks that can be made, but hardly the game-breaking experienced many braced themselves for over here.

Yeah, I like the health change but I would like them to tweak a few weapons for balance. The sniper's damage should be reduced so you can only one shot when you hit the head or they should at least remove the reticule when you're using it without zooming so it's at least a little more difficult to get kills with it. It wouldn't hurt to tone down the FAL either. Same with 'nades.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Snuggler said:
I guess this is kind of a dumb question, but how will matchmaking work with the new map pack? Is there gonna be a specific playlist for them? If not you'd have to be only matched up with the people that have them or people that don't have them would have to be "booted" from the game when they come up for it to work. I'm still looking forward to the new content, though, love the MP. <3
Or the new maps will only show up when all 10 players have them.

cory

Banned
I'm stuck in the first game, and I just got this as an early birthday present from my brother. Should I just start Uncharted 2?
I'm at Chapter 19 in Drake's Fortune.

Fuzzy

cory said:
I'm stuck in the first game, and I just got this as an early birthday present from my brother. Should I just start Uncharted 2?
I'm at Chapter 19 in Drake's Fortune.
I would spend some time trying to get the Platinum if that matters to you. If not, start U2. If you beat U1 on Normal then start U2 on Hard.

cory

Banned
Fuzzy said:
I would spend some time trying to get the Platinum if that matters to you. If not, start U2. If you beat U1 on Normal then start U2 on Hard.
I just want to see the end of the story, I'm playing on easy and I'm still dying. I'm not very good with aiming on controllers.

Ikkarus

First time I have played with the new patch. I have to say that overall I like it.
The FAL is extra lethal but each gun has their pros and cons to be fair.

I'm now really looking forward to the DLC! Take my money ND!

The one thing that did annoy me is people quitting on my team for Plunder, but not only that the opposition then decides to horde the treasure at their camp without actually scoring it, still I'm always game for a challenge but annoying none the less.

Pinkerton being fully voiced was a nice surprise I thought he may of got the silent treatment.

Fuzzy

cory said:
I just want to see the end of the story, I'm playing on easy and I'm still dying. I'm not very good with aiming on controllers.
Do you even have to aim on easy? :lol

cory

Banned
Fuzzy said:
Do you even have to aim on easy? :lol
I forgot that if you don't zoom and shoot, it almost aims for you. But I've been over-the-shouldering too much, making it harder for myself.

CozMick

Banned
Negaiido said:
No... smh

It works flawlessly in Halo 3 matchmaking.

A dlc specific playlist but also including the new maps in other playlists if all players in the lobby have them.......

Don't forget double cash :p

CozMick

Banned
Negaiido said:
I mean No to your idea of double cash weekend for ppl who buy the DLC. Thats the most stupid idea I've ever heard.

Why? seems to work out great for Bungie/Epic when they first release dlc and give Double XP

Attracts more players to buy it, which we all want really

Irish

I think he thinks you're talking about giving double cash only to the people who buy the DLC, which I think would be silly as well. However, a double cash weekend in addition to this would be great.

CrankyJay

Banned
Fuzzy said:

Completely agreed. Nothing was more satisfying to me than beating UC1 on Crushing and finding all the treasures/doing all the trophy stuff. I feel I really got the most out of this game as a result.

Take the trophy hunting for example. It really made me spend time to look at the environment and appreciate the work that ND put into the game. Absolutely loved all of the locales in the game.

Just finished my first playthrough of UC2 on hard last night and was 45% thru my trophies. Not bad I thought.

Fuzzy

Irish said:
I think he thinks you're talking about giving double cash only to the people who buy the DLC, which I think would be silly as well. However, a double cash weekend in addition to this would be great.
That's exactly what he's saying. If the 2x cash is for the people who download the new DLC only then those on the fence might think about picking up the DLC right away thereby more people having the maps = us happy because we get to play the new maps more often. It's also the thinking behind the new trophies being DLC only even though they didn't have to be.

Shoulder switching isnt an issue for me. Im too focused on the crosshair to actually really pay attention when iy happens. I guess its just me :|

EDIT: :lol to the above

Andvary

highluxury said:
Shoulder switching isnt an issue for me. Im too focused on the crosshair to actually really pay attention when iy happens. I guess its just me :|

EDIT: :lol to the above

It should be an option.

Tonight a member of the opposing team spawned together with our team*-* And killed all of us with a granade. Why is this game becoming more and more broken patch after patch? The matchmaking seems to be even slower too.

Mt Heart Attack said:
Tonight a member of the opposing team spawned together with our team*-* And killed all of us with a granade. Why is this game becoming more and more broken patch after patch? The matchmaking seems to be even slower too.

Spawnpoints are a pretty annoying issue, theres been too many times when you or all die defending your treasure point and you spawn entirely on the end of the oppesite side. The backtracking is fucking tedious.

Razor210 said:
Two major problems: Shoulder camera angle...and the Dragon Sniper.

The sniper is a noobtube.

I can finally kill people with it, but I agree that it is over powered. The need to make it a one shot clip instead of six.

highluxury said:
Spawnpoints are a pretty annoying issue, theres been too many times when you or all die defending your treasure point and you spawn entirely on the end of the oppesite side. The backtracking is fucking tedious.
Yeah that's always been a pretty annoying issue with this game (and maybe it has to do with the not-so-big size of the maps?), but an enemy spawning with one's team? That's some seriously broken shit. Also, after playing for quite a while after the patch, I can say I'm not digging the new health system all that much. I really hope ND reconsiders its decision or makes two different playlists, U2 was one of my favourite online experience in my recent memory. Now.. I don't know.

Just got to chapter 7 in the game after meeting up with
Elena
and I must say I'm really enjoying the hell out of this game. It's easily better than the first one and it's been such a ride.

The first 10 minutes are just...holy fucking shit. What a way to start the game. I'm simply awestruck by the graphics. The snow is just sooo aweesommeeeeee. During the escape scene from Borneo where you just gotta keep on running with
Sully
, I kept dying because I just stuck around trying to get a look at the view. Simply mindblowing.

I'm also loving the stealthy segments of this game. I thought the sneak attacks were much needed on the first game so I'm really happy about them being here. The Urban Warfare city looks really kickass too. Goddamn.

I don't understand the hate the writing gets. Sure it's not oscar worthy but it's not cringe worthy either. I find it amusing and entertaining all around so far.

Okay, enough gushing, let me get back to it.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Wouldn't be against NDI giving us a new weapon in that vein, though, like we have two tiers of shotguns.
How about a Kar98K, to supplement the Luger and MP40s?
This

I love U2 but the fact that 70% of the time you are shooting with the AK really annoys me, Why can't we play with the MP40, WES-44, 92FS-9MM-, the crossbow, etc.

Irish

You can play with the 92FS and Micro-9mm and I make sure to do it 85% of the time. :p

For real though, every day it seems like U2 is pulling away from me. A lot of the "fun" that was in it at the beginning is being slowly drained away. It's not even the lack of maps that's the problem, because I love them all to death, but the fact that I'm being shot to death as soon as I spawn now. :(

Andvary

effingvic said:
I don't understand the hate the writing gets. Sure it's not oscar worthy but it's not cringe worthy either. I find it amusing and entertaining all around so far.

Okay, enough gushing, let me get back to it.

Some people just want to whine about something.

Levi

Banned
Has anyone gotten the medals for "None Shall Pass" or "Proctectorate" yet? Those two seem pretty difficult. "None Shall Pass" because typical King of the Hill games are rather short-lived, and "Procectorate" because my bearers know better than to carry the frickin' treasure. Can't defeat enemies harming the bearer if the bearer plays "right" and throws the treasure as soon as they pick it up.

Got my first "Put 'em Down" today, but it's not reflecting on my stats page yet. :(

17 "That Was Embarrassing" medals just since yesterday. :D

Irish

It was changed in the patch and gets annoying when it comes to medals such as "That Was Embarrassing" and "Finish him!" because I can never see how much they're worth. :(

EDIT: Yep, I've got protectorate. In fact, the only competitive medals I'm missing are No Cigar and None Shall Pass. (besides the level-exclusive ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom