• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irish said:
It was changed in the patch and gets annoying when it comes to medals such as "That Was Embarrassing" and "Finish him!" because I can never see how much they're worth. :(
What an odd change. So it's not a mistake? That was suppose to happen?

Very annoying.

Levi

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
It's gotta be IN YO FACE, DUDEBRO, ala COD6.

Yeah, it's definitely "inspired" by the rank-up notices in MW2. Speaking of, on Twitter Mik posted a link to a youtube of a MW2 player getting a tactical nuke. Basically, he found a nice camping spot, surrounded it with mines, picked off 7 players, and got almost all of the rest of the kills via killstreak rewards. So, everyone complaining about the "cod-ification" of UC2 take heart: it could be much, much worse.

Danielsan

Great games tonight guys!
That plunder match on Sanctuary was intense. Our death tally was insane. :lol
God I hate plunder on that map.

VsRobot said:
Yeah, it's definitely "inspired" by the rank-up notices in MW2. Speaking of, on Twitter Mik posted a link to a youtube of a MW2 player getting a tactical nuke. Basically, he found a nice camping spot, surrounded it with mines, picked off 7 players, and got almost all of the rest of the kills via killstreak rewards. So, everyone complaining about the "cod-ification" of UC2 take heart: it could be much, much worse.
True, true. Kill streak rewards would totally put me off the multiplayer.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
this is what the game needs. pulldown/KO kill notifications

30aypz9.jpg

2ebe5pu.jpg

or something similar, instead of the vanilla melee icon.

Gyrian

alr1ghtstart said:

30aypz9.jpg

2ebe5pu.jpg

Yes, it needs this. We, melee addicts, demand it!
*makes another entry in the 1.06 wish-list*

Levi

Banned
There's a new Ice Cave glitch I've been seeing a lot lately. With the sniper, you can one-shot anyone anywhere on the map. Ice Cave is pretty unplayable. Had to quit a game because of someone abusing this glitch, and I got DOCKED 40K. BULL FUCKING SHIT.

VsRobot said:
There's a new Ice Cave glitch I've been seeing a lot lately. With the sniper, you can one-shot anyone anywhere on the map. Ice Cave is pretty unplayable. Had to quit a game because of someone abusing this glitch, and I got DOCKED 40K. BULL FUCKING SHIT.

Seriously, fix the glitching first before you impose HUGE FRACTIONS on people who cut out because they don't want to be abused by all the assholes playing this game.

I'm REALLY hoping ND can get this all fixed out before this game's multiplayer scene starts to die out. It's really fun when it's on.

Rikyfree

Yeef said:
A stealth kill icon would be nice as well.
Agreed. Just use the ninja head icon for that. Also that one gaf match was insane. 10-0 against you guys on elimination was insane. By far the best I've done in a gaf match. Great games tonight.

Yeef

PSN is having issues tonight. Multiple times I've had full sections of my friend list all disconnect at once. Other people have noticed the same phenomena. Hopefully it's all sorted out tomorrow. I want to get to 50 before I start Heavy Rain.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Had the worst spawn I've ever seen in this game earlier on the plaza, RIGHT across the map in plain view of their sniper. Spawnkilled my team mate and had me pinned behind cover. I would've tried some stuff to get out, but I feared a bullet nicking me and thus was completely stuck until he eventually got instant kills elsewhere. *sigh*

This was also during Plunder, which I used to love, and now will vote against whenever possible. Jeez, you're SUPPOSED to be vulnerable when you hold the idol, which is where team work used to come into play. The match I played had 2 high leveled players(mid 40) both have that booster on to walk faster with it and were also good with pistols who basically tore it up and never tried to actually score until 2 people on my team quit. Fanfuckingtastic job on that patch, really made it "easier" to get into the game for sure.

Levi

Banned
Yeef said:
PSN is having issues tonight. Multiple times I've had full sections of my friend list all disconnect at once. Other people have noticed the same phenomena. Hopefully it's all sorted out tomorrow. I want to get to 50 before I start Heavy Rain.

Yeah, there were quite a few matches this evening where pretty much everyone would get booted. One match had 7 people DCed all at once! Luckily, even though I was booted three times, I didn't get penalized. Wonder if it was planned maintenance or something?

alr1ghtstart said:

30aypz9.jpg

2ebe5pu.jpg

I think its fine that those icons arent there because it doesnt reveal your actions to enemy. It would be kinda annoying if the oppesite would get an idea of what you just did and storm that location. Especially since melee attacks like pulldowns and kick-offs arent exactly easy to pull off.

TheOddOne

On my first playthrough, this game pretty much blows me away every second.

The village level, GODDAMN... its like concept art come to life :D

for the people not happy with the new health...

what about a booster for increased health?

I think they should do this if:

1) The medals for kill streaks require a higher kill count if enabled.
2) This booster is available at a lower level: level 15?
3) If you kill someone with this booster, you get more money for the kill?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
djtortilla said:
for the people not happy with the new health...

what about a booster for increased health?

I think they should do this if:

1) The medals for kill streaks require a higher kill count if enabled.
2) This booster is available at a lower level: level 15?
3) If you kill someone with this booster, you get more money for the kill?

Ughh please never do this... this is COD bullets do more damage sort of garbage. Why make the playingfield so uneven? I remember R2 had Iron heart, which was something like double the health, just awful. Why not keep it the way it was? Boosters are so gimmicky IMO anyways.

Levi

Banned
Got seven kills while in the Hill in a King of the Hill game on Fort and None Shall Pass didn't activate. Super annoying, because that was kind a pain to do.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Your av needs to be quoted. Joke post, though.. right?
Why would I be kidding? The last few levels of Uncharted were absolutely incredible. Nothing in UC2 tops that church shootout.

cory

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Your av needs to be quoted. Joke post, though.. right?
I was almost going to do that (av quote), there are about 10 churches in UC1.
Now I'm on a boat and the dude with the laser sight is getting me every time. I suck at aiming on controllers. (I know you can't shoot him yet).

Chamber

love on your sleeve
There are a lot of churches in UC1. I suppose when you said "the church near the end", I assumed you meant "the church near the end".

My bad on that one.

cory

Banned
Chamber said:
There are a lot of churches in UC1. I suppose when you said "the church near the end", I assumed you meant "the church near the end".

My bad on that one.
I did mean the very last church, I was just saying it didn't seem that special compared to the other ones.

Chamber said:
Why would I be kidding? The last few levels of Uncharted were absolutely incredible. Nothing in UC2 tops that church shootout.

I just didn't think it was fair to say "it's all down hill from there" given what ND accomplished with UC2's environments. They may not be as eerie and atmospheric, but they set the tone of the new game perfectly not to mention how incredibly detailed and comparable they are to the concept art.

With that said, i do hope ND goes back to a single location with a new vibe for UC3 instead of globetrotting like in 2.

TheOddOne

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I just didn't think it was fair to say "it's all down hill from there" given what ND accomplished with UC2's environments. They may not be as eerie and atmospheric, but they set the tone of the new game perfectly not to mention how incredibly detailed and comparable they are to the concept art.

With that said, i do hope ND goes back to a single location with a new vibe for UC3 instead of globetrotting like in 2.
Wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Levi

Banned
Thanks to Bleach and Dave, found out that "None Shall Pass" requires your team of have control of the hill, you have to be in the hill, and only then will your kills count towards your 5. Can't do it if the hill is in the process of being captured.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Yep, agreed. Or maybe they could do something like RE4, various locations but on a single journey (well maybe the locations should be a little more, you know, fitting than the ones in RE4:p)

CozMick

Banned
Only 3 days left til the release of the new dlc,

Which half of the divide will you be?

$5/£4 is pocket change, I ain't no cheapskate! EDDY RAJA 4 LIFE

or

Premium downloadable content is single handedly destroying online gaming, "Large Big Mac meal with a Coke Zero to go!......"

:D

evalue said:
that reads like its some kind of problem for you ?

About a week ago SCEA said the game passed 2.5 mil. Then about 2 days later it was closing in on 3 million.

Week later it's now sold 3.5 million?

I wish the game all the success as it was fantastic, but this all sounds really silly with numbers being tossed around.

Irish

Alright, ND, I'll give you at least $10 for you to bring back the old Uncharted 2 MP back. Pre-1.05, I had fun putting 7 hours a night into this game. Now, I can play maybe 2 hours at most before I have to put in a different game or just quit. The fun factor is no longer there. :(

For U3, bring back the old gameplay or don't bother designing maps, just create flat plains. (Yes, I do feel the need to over-dramatize everything. :p)

JB1981

i don't mind the new damage model in elimination/deathmatch but i hate it in objective games. plunder is so so frustrating now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom