• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielsan

fortified_concept said:
I can't enter my credit card on a UK account because it forces me to enter as billing address UK which is inconsistent with my credit card details. How did you manage to bypass that?
I bought an instant 20£ PSN code here:
https://www.gamepointsnow.com/psn-playstation-network-cards

It's not perfect but it's the only way.

DarkUSS said:
I don't know if this helps you but even though I have the UK version of RE5, I bought the DLC from the greek store last week. It turned out just fine.
RE5 DLC may not be country locked but Uncharted 2 definitely is.
Always check the product code on the spine of your game and compare it with the code(s) listed in the DLC information. I learned that one the hard way.

Wowbagger

The Facility is insanely detailed. =)

Too bad I have to go to bed now that the US store finally updates. I hope to play with some of you US players this weekend.

And we really need to get more Euros to use the chat room. It's quite empty early in the evening. I got a couple open spots in my friends list if anyone wants an invite.

k0ji-wd said:
The Flooded Ruins is absolutley beautiful. . .so I made some Panoramic images, sorry I graded the color and whatnot :D

v645qr.jpg

4vjpdy.jpg

15nt3mh.jpg

2wme7ue.jpg

23ut1m0.jpg

Those are simply breathtaking.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Flooded Ruins is absolutely huge. I can already tell Lost City has been replaced as the "get shot in the back" map.

arne

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Arne, I've been bitchy to you many pages back about the update and i want to apologize. Having played with the new update quite a bit, I've come to accept that the game has changed. Sure, i can't climb quite as effectively, which sucks... but I've gotten over it.

I for one have been getting double the kills thanks to the lack of skill necessary to do so. I'll live. I say all this because the last few games I've played (a couple days ago) have played mostly the same as pre-patch which is great. Nothing compared to the camp-fest I first experienced.

Fix glitches and boost up the leg health and we're all good.

No need to apologize. This place wouldn't be the same without strong opinions.

Danielsan said:
I bought an instant 20£ PSN code here:
https://www.gamepointsnow.com/psn-playstation-network-cards

It's not perfect but it's the only way.

Thanks a million man, I just did it and it works flawlessly. Ironically I payed less for the DLC than I'd pay on the european store; thanks a lot SCEE you morons.

ND's stage design as always is absolutely amazing. I really wish they'd bring the old damage system back because as much as I hate to admit it I can't quit this game no matter how pissed off I am with the changes. Funny thing is that with the new system I've become much better but the gameplay is still less fun to me.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So can anyone confirm if you can use the new Uncharted 1 skins in Co-op Arena mode? I know you'll be able to pick the maps, but I don't know if you can use the skins.

Got crushed tonight for the first few matches (particularly the first match which was the first I've played in a while and was on a new map... ouch). Slowly got back the mojo. It's disheartening not being able to outclimb my enemy's bullets.

The new maps are stunning. Excellent job. Look forward to playing more between Heavy Rain, GOW collection, and Warhawk sessions (assuming I gain the motivation to re-update/re-download everything in Warhawk to my new PS3....).

Yeef

The new maps load super fast. Makes me wish there were an option to install the normal maps as well.

Both maps are great, although I would have preferred if the treasure chests were on the second floor instead of the first in Facility.

We're all disappointed that there's no WES on either map though. I really think the spawns of the Dragon and Desert need to be switched on Flooded Ruins. It also seems like both the desert and the Hammer are a bit easier to get for the Villains since they're both on the backside of the dome.

New maps are totally awesome. Very nice job Naughty Dog! I love have huge they are. Very detailed too. :D

Now fix the shoulder switching and health please

Treb

Love the new maps, they're nice and big. I think it's going to take me a while to get used to them. GG's tonight!

Edit: Agreed with all the posts below. I would love to see the old health system return again. I barely get the chance to escape anymore when spotted. Things felt more balanced before than they do now.

You know, the new maps would work *so much better* with the old health system. As soon as you get shot, you're dead. There's no escaping gunfire (especially if shot from the back or side), so they're kind of irritating to play.

Ugh. Just put the health system back to where it was, ND.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TheMissingLink said:
You know, the new maps would work *so much better* with the old health system. As soon as you get shot, you're dead. There's no escaping gunfire (especially if shot from the back or side), so they're kind of irritating to play.

Ugh. Just put the health system back to where it was, ND.
That thought kept popping up in my head tonight. There's so many places to escape gunfire in the new maps (especial in the Ruins), yet its virtually impossible to do that with the new health system.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
OMG. I just got fucking brutally slaughtered in The Facility in Gold Rush mode at round 9. HOLY SHIT. Like fucking 20+ enemies staying near the treasure box where you're supposed to put the treasure. SO...Fucking INTENSE! :lol :lol I LOVE these maps because it's so difficult for Gold Rush near the end.

I think the new health makes going for a stealth kill from behind more difficult. I think I was only able to get one or two stealth kills since the patch, and I used to get a whole bunch of them. It's going to be one insanely hard trophy to get now.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Killthee said:
That thought kept popping up in my head tonight. There's so many places to escape gunfire in the new maps (especial in the Ruins), yet its virtually impossible to do that with the new health system.
Yes, I really don't understand those saying the new health makes cover more important. You try to roll into cover and you're dead by the time the animation starts.

Health concerns aside, I really enjoy the new maps. Very refreshing.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My first game on The Facility was 3vs3. Even though the goal is only 25 kills it took forever because the map is so big and there were so few of us. :lol

Darkatomz

Eh... not sure how I feel about the new maps so far. Facility is ok to me so far (although being on the top center platform is just asking for an easy way to die), but I felt it could use another sniper.

Ruins I don't like so far, but I haven't really played that one too much.

Once I figure out how to play the maps and learn the spawns (if I can do this before GoWIII and FF13, including my spring break where I won't be gaming), I'll see what I think then.

crispyben

Darkatomz said:
Once I figure out how to play the maps and learn the spawns (if I can do this before GoWIII and FF13, including my spring break where I won't be gaming), I'll see what I think then.
Set up a custom match for yourself and roam the maps for spawns...

Zen

Banned
I... like... the new health when I played a game in Facility. I might be a part of the problem, but I'll have to play more. :lol People die when I should them, that's nice. I didn't enjoy the new health on the village map, though, so maybe it has to do with how open a map is.

TripOpt55

Got to try the new maps a bit. I think I played the Flooded Ruins only once. Pretty cool, but I was kind of a mess on it. I need to get used to it some more. The Facility I played about 3-4 times. I liked it so far. The first time I played it, it felt like no one knew what they were doing, just all running around so unfamiliar with the map. Felt like I got spawned in some bad spots, but I probably just wasn't quite aware of the map enough and didn't react the right way when I spawned. Love the new skins. Especially Elena and Eddie. Also tried the Navarro and Roman ones too. Anyway, I'll try and play some more tomorrow. So far so good. DLC matchmaking worked pretty fast too. Just wish the DLC maps came up more often when I played.

Yeef

Good games tonight guys. We played a plunder match on Flooded Ruins. It seems like the villain treasure chest has a pretty big advantage. For one the chest itself has its back to a wall whereas on the backside of the area where you're generally clear to put it in. The other thing is it seems like most of the spawns are on the hero side of the map and the hero treasure building is fairly open and has many routes to get into it. Overall I'm having a lot of fun on the new maps.

We also ran into the invisible players glitch again. Now you can actually score the treasure in plunder (before it'd respawn instantly after 30 seconds), but it's still fairly annoying.

Levi

Banned
Two things I've been hoping for since I started playing this game happened tonight: got to play with (get owned by) Arne, on my first time ever on the flooded map, and I got my very first 5 Not Alive medal. Only missing Rampant, Protectorate, and No Cigar now, iirc.

I couldn't resist dancing on Arne's corpse one of the few times I killed him. LOL.

Stantron

The new levels are really nice. One thing I noticed on the Facility level is that you can grab the M16 that's at the tip of the sub without even climbing to get it. Come to think of it, I also remember grabbing grenades off the spawn location from a few feet away. Seems odd to me.

While I'm complaining about things that have probably been beat to death... two other things that really annoy me as I got back into multiplayer. Getting grenade killed by people who, through some miracle of super human strength, are able to throw a frag in a fraction of a second, as they are getting peppered with shots, the instant before they die. SMH. Feels really cheap to die this way.
Getting melee'ed 4+ feet away is kinda bs. And, I'd really like to see melees get stuffed the moment the would be attacker takes a shot. Punching through bullets just seems so wrong to me.

Other than that, and the imbalanced boosters, fun times.

j-wood

You guys that cry about not being able to get away from bullets must suck. I'm not the best player by FAR, but when I am getting shot by dodging, rolling, jumping, and then finding cover, I've escaped death multiple times.

crispyben said:
Did you set your MM preference to DLC in your profile?

Yeah it still comes up with a few games on old maps, but there were times when it was the choice between both DLC maps. The facility is particularly interesting.

People love camping out on the high ledges in the city one.

cory

Banned
I beat the game! Took 11 hours with 169 restarted checkpoints on normal.
Blue guys were really easy once you spammed them with grenades and got the crossbow.
Lazarevic wasn't as bad as I thought he was going to be.
Anything blue and glowing looks amazing.
Ending was cute.
I want a sequel. (hopefully they're fast-tracking UC3).
One of the best games I've ever played.

What's the census on the DLC, worth it? I'm tempted, but with so many games coming out, I'm unsure of how much I'll be playing this even though I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom