• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/title_update_106_and_multiplayer_updates/
2010-03-04-Title-Update-106.jpg

Title Update 1.06 will be released on Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 10:00 AM PST. After that time, you will be prompted to download and install Title Update 1.06 when you connect online to UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer.

Title Update 1.06 includes a couple under-the-hood fixes we needed to make that don’t affect gameplay. Beyond that, we’ve also made the following updates:

* Removed automatic shoulder selection when players click the thumbstick to zoom
* Delayed the appearance of the scoreboard to allow time for players to view any medals received simultaneously with player death

At the same time, we’re updating other aspects of our multiplayer separate from the Title Update.
These updates include:

* Adjusted hitbox attributes so that players will take less damage to the character’s legs
* Decreased kill radius of grenades by 1 meter
* Decreased accuracy of Down the Irons by 15%
* Reduced rate of fire of the FAL by 10%
* Reduced rate of fire for the Dragon Sniper by 10%
* Collision and geometry changes to “The Fort” to prevent intentional glitching by players

We’ll be keeping an eye on how these changes work out in-game and, as usual, through your comments, forum posts and Twitter. See you online!

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Well if it helps, you can download all the making of's of the PSN and the first comic, all are free and honestly give you 30-70 minutes (more on the high end) of Uncharted footage and story, you also get interviews with Claudia Black and get to watch her mocap.
Ooh i didn't know that either, i'll have to check that out. <3 Claudia Black.

MP has been really infuriating for me the last couple days. I think i'm gonna take a break, possibly until ND tweaks it.

Edit: Just saw above post. Guess i won't be. :lol Sounds like good changes.

I am loving the looks of the 1.06 changes, thanks for posting that. Been playing a lot of Uncharted 2 lately, so I am looking forward to these changes.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
fucking awesome. DTI, grenade, and FAL nerfing. Hitboxes are back for the legs. :D The sniper should still be a single shot bolt action so you have to reload after every shot.

mr_nothin

Banned
The things that they're working on (FOR FUTURE UPDATES) is pretty good.
I hope they would consider putting the health back to where it was but maybe the FAL/DTI nerfing/Leg dmg fix will offset that. Idk how I feel about the FAL being nerfed but its all for the better with the new health. I loved the 1-2-3 flow of the FAL but then again, the way you pretty much insta-die from across the map because all of the bullets hit you pretty much @ the same time...wont happen as much.

FYI: The top 2 are the changes for 1.06 and the rest are for a future update.

arne

mr_nothin said:
The things that they're working on (FOR FUTURE UPDATES) is pretty good.
I hope they would consider putting the health back to where it was but maybe the FAL/DTI nerfing/Leg dmg fix will offset that. Idk how I feel about the FAL being nerfed but its all for the better with the new health. I loved the 1-2-3 flow of the FAL but then again, the way you pretty much insta-die from across the map because all of the bullets hit you pretty much @ the same time...wont happen as much.

FYI: The top 2 are the changes for 1.06 and the rest are for a future update.

I have to update my post if it's not clear. The second list of updates will be simultaneous with TU 1.06 -- they're just not part of the same file you download/install

Treb

Nice! I think these changes will make things more tolerable for me now. FAL definitely needed some nerfing, people have been abusing it quite a bit with the 1.05 update. Hopefully that treasure glitch on Fort is gone as well.

Irish

* Removed automatic shoulder selection when players click the thumbstick to zoom

Hm, seems confusing. I don't zoom in that often, but when I did, shoulder position never seemed to have mattered. They probably should have made it an option when doing basic aiming or removed it entirely.

* Delayed the appearance of the scoreboard to allow time for players to view any medals received simultaneously with player death

Sweet!

* Adjusted hitbox attributes so that players will take less damage to the character’s legs

Hell Yes!

* Decreased kill radius of grenades by 1 meter

WHAT THE FUCK!!! Fuck you GAF, grenades were perfect before. Seriously, didn't you guys look at my picture? 6 Squares with the 7th being the stun area.

* Decreased accuracy of Down the Irons by 15%

Awesome, hopefully the bullshit side-effects have been decreased by 100%.

* Reduced rate of fire of the FAL by 10%

Probably not necessary. :(

* Reduced rate of fire for the Dragon Sniper by 10%

Was totally needed.

* Collision and geometry changes to “The Fort” to prevent intentional glitching by players

Now it's time to fix the Ice Cave.

Also, grenades. :(

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
fucking awesome. DTI, grenade, and FAL nerfing. Hitboxes are back for the legs. :D The sniper should still be a single shot bolt action so you have to reload after every shot.

Similar to what I asked for (nerfing DTI, FAL and Sniper except it's rate of fire and not damage.

Hopefully you'll start playing again.
Indifferent2.gif

No more shoulder-switch is HUGE for me. So annoying having to anticipate which shoulder I'm shooting from.
Indifferent2.gif

Irish

FFObsessed said:
Greandes were perfect? :lol

Maybe not for you laggy Euros. :p

Seriously though, the only times I die from a grenade are when I either jump on it or roll into one. (You'd be surprised at how often I do that though.)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Update sounds great, pretty much every bullet point is in the right direction. Now we just have to see how much leg damage is reduced

_RT_

1.06 update sounds MONEY.

Quick question on the recent DLC... I'm a co-op player only. Is there any reason I should pick up the maps? Are they in the co-op as well?

Update sounds awesome. I just started playing again last week after a looooong break because I couldn't resist the charm of Eddy Raja, and I've HATED what the game had become. Hopefully the update restores some of the fun I used to have with it.

arne

_RT_ said:

Quick question on the recent DLC... I'm a co-op player only. Is there any reason I should pick up the maps? Are they in the co-op as well?

Yeah, they're built and available for co-op arena gametypes -- survival and gold rush.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
_RT_ said:

Yes, they are.

mr_nothin

Banned
arne said:
I have to update my post if it's not clear. The second list of updates will be simultaneous with TU 1.06 -- they're just not part of the same file you download/install
D:

Awesome
In the blog post, it does sound like you're just working on that 2nd list for a later update. Can be read either way really but to me it sounded like that because of the "seperate from the Title Update bit".

Good news though

Arne, I remember when the game was launching you guys said that new Co-op missions would be impossible, due to the amount of assets needed to make one of those levels (or something along those lines). Then shortly after that I remember reading that new Co-op missions were still a thought. Was there ever a final statement on this?

KZObsessed

To be fair it's not really the blast radius that makes grenades in this just so shit. It's the fact that they require barely any animation before a throw, infact the throwing animation may as well not be there because the greande flies out of your waist instantly anyway. And always in the direction of the camera no what what direction the character is actually facing. Or how bout how the grenades have a shorter detonation time the shorter distance you throw them? Yeah that makes sense. Run round a corner and into two guys? No worries, press forward on right analog stick and press L2. Blows up isntantly and two kills. So cheap it's laughable. Worst grenade mechanics I've ever seen in a MP game.

The reduction in blast radius would certainly help a little, but isn't the route of the issue with the grenades. It's a welcome change tho. Especially for playing late night where it always matches you with US players and gives them host making it borderline unplayable. Wont help with bullets flying miles passed you on your screen yet you just suddenly die when you get round a corner or into cover. *sigh*

And they reduced the speed of the Sniper? Great, it's still one hit kill. And glitches on Fort? How bout on The Temple, had the most frustrating game ever today, Sniper only on Temple, I'd spawn, step forward and get shot through the scenery constantly until the game ended. Or shot while I was in cover. Or how about Ice Cave where we were getting melee'd to death in one hit by a guy on the other side of the map?

And the fuck the spawn system in this game. Kill a guy and 10 seconds later he shoots you in the back.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
mr_nothin said:
D:

Awesome
In the blog post, it does sound like you're just working on that 2nd list for a later update. Can be read either way really but to me it sounded like that because of the "seperate from the Title Update bit".

Good news though

Updated ND post said:
At the same time the Title Update is released, we’ll also be pushing live updates to other aspects of our multiplayer. These updates include:

Much better :)

Yeef

Changes sound great, can't wait to try them out.

I forgot to mention that we ran into some guy named alec2good4u. He was like some kind of bizarro AJ. It was weird.

After I initially beat the game, I never got too into the multiplayer portion. I just logged on for the first time earlier and I gotta say, it's a blast! Even as a noob I got a fair amount of kills for my team and leveled up fairly quickly (I'm at level 9 :D). I can't believe I've been missing out on this! Definitely going to go at it again tomorrow or even tonight.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
_RT_ said:
Bomb. Thanks arne-
I'll be picking them up ASAP.

Thanks for all the hard work.
The new maps are really fun on Survival/Gold Rush. Gold Rush ESPECIALLY in The Facility is such a fucking bitch in Round 9 and 10 because the enemies spawn where the treasure chest is at. :lol I hope they NEVER fix this because it makes Round 9 and 10 so intense. You're like rushing in hoping you don't die with like 15+ enemies in front of you. I absolutely love it.

-viper-

Banned
Irish said:
Maybe not for you laggy Euros. :p

Seriously though, the only times I die from a grenade are when I either jump on it or roll into one. (You'd be surprised at how often I do that though.)
Grenades were awful. I'd personally be happy if they made it so you are unable to tap L2 whilst getting shot to death.

changes look good though.

arne

FFObsessed said:
To be fair it's not really the blast radius that makes grenades in this just so shit. It's the fact that they require barely any animation before a throw, infact the throwing animation may as well not be there because the greande flies out of your waist instantly anyway. And always in the direction of the camera no what what direction the character is actually facing. Or how bout how the grenades have a shorter detonation time the shorter distance you throw them? Yeah that makes sense. Run round a corner and into two guys? No worries, press forward on right analog stick and press L2. Blows up isntantly and two kills. So cheap it's laughable. Worst grenade mechanics I've ever seen in a MP game.

The reduction in blast radius would certainly help a little, but isn't the route of the issue with the grenades. It's a welcome change tho. Especially for playing late night where it always matches you with US players and gives them host making it borderline unplayable. Wont help with bullets flying miles passed you on your screen yet you just suddenly die when you get round a corner or into cover. *sigh*

And they reduced the speed of the Sniper? Great, it's still one hit kill. And glitches on Fort? How bout on The Temple, had the most frustrating game ever today, Sniper only on Temple, I'd spawn, step forward and get shot through the scenery constantly until the game ended. Or shot while I was in cover. Or how about Ice Cave where we were getting melee'd to death in one hit by a guy on the other side of the map?

And the fuck the spawn system in this game. Kill a guy and 10 seconds later he shoots you in the back.

Did you read the update notes all the way through? Looks like you didn't on a couple items.

KZObsessed

arne said:
Did you read the update notes all the way through? Looks like you didn't on a couple items.

Yes. What have I missed? Just read it again and there's nothing about changing the cheap grenade mechanics apart from blast radius which I mentioned. Nothing to decrease lag while being matched up with US players and them getting host all the time. Glitches are being fixed on "The Fort" but not on the maps I mentioned. There's the hit boxes for the legs but Snipers would still be one hit kill everywhere else. To be honest I'm not too bothered about the snipers, yeah it's annyoing dying instantly especially with them being so easy to aim, but I can live with it. The other issues like the awful spawn system which I also didn't see anything being mentioned about are a much bigger issue for me. What points have I missed? I am posting on an embarrassingly tiny Acer Notebook right now so it is difficult to see. :p

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Wah wah grenades, wah wah map glitches. Arne, can you answer the BURNING IMPORTANT ISSUE: are we ever going to get Pinkerton and Rika?

Lince

Banned
arne said:

Arne did you get my PM? is there a way to wipe out my "I told you I was hardcore" stats from the server? I have that glitched trophy since the infamous system clock incident, I know it's not your fault but Sony's, but I don't know who to turn to anyway. Help?

Lince

Banned
-viper- said:
I'd personally be happy if they made it so you are unable to tap L2 whilst getting shot to death

listen to this guy, no more "quick" grenades, force players to properly aim those mini-nukes.

arne

D2M15 said:
Wah wah grenades, wah wah map glitches. Arne, can you answer the BURNING IMPORTANT ISSUE: are we ever going to get Pinkerton and Rika?

I've said before this is in the works, I just don't have anything I can share yet. Like timing/method, etc.

Lince

Banned
Irish said:

don't believe that sorry, everyone dies by insta-nades be it in the middle of a close encounter (the closer the faster they detonate) or when you're capturing a zone, there's not enough time to roll away from them, at least with laggy American hosts where you can't even see the animations.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Meeting Claudia Black (Chloe) on the weekend and getting her to sign my UC2 Tin :D

arne

Lince said:
Arne did you get my PM? is there a way to wipe out my "I told you I was hardcore" stats from the server? I have that glitched trophy since the infamous system clock incident, I know it's not your fault but Sony's, but I don't know who to turn to anyway. Help?

I did, but I didn't hear back on any suggestions yet. Not sure, if anything, we can do from here.

Irish

-viper- said:
Grenades were awful. I'd personally be happy if they made it so you are unable to tap L2 whilst getting shot to death.

changes look good though.

Who just taps L2 anyway? I always, and I mean always, aim my grenades with L1 first.

I just think you guys (Lince, FFO, and vLper) were all on the bad end of Euro lag. :p

Gyrian

Kittonwy said:
No more shoulder-switch is HUGE for me. So annoying having to anticipate which shoulder I'm shooting from.
Indifferent2.gif

I'm with you on this, one of the most welcome tweaks for tomorrow. :]

Well, one last night with the current rule-set to enjoy.
I'll be on, hope to see some of you still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom