• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Patch sounds great, especially with the 'nades being toned down. That has always been my biggest complaint with the MP.
Bad Company has my attention at the moment but I can't wait to get back in. Big ups to ND.

I just had the worst match imaginable. Grenade spamming, ledge camping, situational awareness, treasure box camping, quitters etc. Pretty much every annoyance you could have. I mean one of my own team mates was fucking standing in front of the box while I was trying to score. What happens? A grenade kills me and he takes the point. This was the only time in almost 100 matches since 1.05 that I actually got pissed at the game. Amazing how one match can mess up everything.

Zen

Banned
web01 said:
The patch didnt fix instant grenade spam at feet because grenades still explode almost instantly after touching a surface, this has become absolutely ridiculous.

Its amazing that such a simple change is so fucking hard to implement, just put a minimum timer on the nades FFS.

This shit would have been fixed in the first month from any other developer. Naughty Dog prove day by day they havent got a clue how to balance an online game or listen to the community.

They've only show time and time again that they are listening to the community. This entire patch was dedicated to listening to the community. :lol

Also Grenades do not explode instantly when landing on a surface, heck post update I have had grenades land directly at my feet and been able to get away in time to only suffer a knockback instead of a kill.

Lince

Banned
Chamber said:
This is the best the game has been. Grenades are a joke now but there's no more getting shot while in cover or around corners

:lol :lol :lol

*breathes*

:lol :lol :lol

wait, are you playing on a LAN setup?

edit: gg's tonight GAF, spawns were terrible (laughable), we had to cope with some glitchers here and there, ping advantage is worse than that of Gears of War but all in all I still had a lot of fun playing and getting owned with/by you guys.

Hey just so you guys know. The reason I haven`t been on in like a month has to do with my PS3 and some good 'ol RageDance. I've decided to get rid of my 40GB and grab a slim. the noise of the 40GB drove me to this point where everything quite literally fell apart! If anyone is interested in some parts, I made a post in the Buy/Sell thread to try and scrounge up some money for the slim.

Hope to be back on U2 soon. QQ.

Kittonwy

Banned
Post patch favors pistol but I can't aim worth shit after half a dozen beers.
Indifferent2.gif

Darkatomz

web01 said:
The patch didnt fix instant grenade spam at feet because grenades still explode almost instantly after touching a surface, this has become absolutely ridiculous.

Its amazing that such a simple change is so fucking hard to implement, just put a minimum timer on the nades FFS.

This shit would have been fixed in the first month from any other developer. Naughty Dog prove day by day they havent got a clue how to balance an online game or listen to the community.

Also the spawns are still broken on ice cave deathmatch with both teams spawning continuously from the lower snow cliff base one after another. Resulting in an infinite loop of shooting each other in the back until the game ends.

I am going to stop myself from commenting on the other changes because the problems introduced with the crushing health still remain. Camping is king, traversal gameplay is dead, gameplay is not as fun with less epic moments.
If you hate this game so much, then why don't you just shut up and stop playing the game, period?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I think one of the problems people have with the multiplayer experience is that it's constantly changing. I mean, what we're playing right now is waaay different than what I was playing in the beta. The multiplayer is constantly getting updates so when you are used to playing with whatever version the game is currently at, you will notice a slightly different change come the next update. I think that's probably one of the reasons for the complaints.

I just dont understand, using down the irons, it still took me 75% of the default amount of bullets in the AK to take someone down :(

Also potentially alter the spawn points in the Facility; I and someone on the other team spawned at the same spot at the same time.

Kasra_2x4

Dedication Through Light said:
I just dont understand, using down the irons, it still took me 75% of the default amount of bullets in the AK to take someone down :(

Also potentially alter the spawn points in the Facility; I and someone on the other team spawned at the same spot at the same time.
new maps glitches

web01 said:

Also the spawns are still broken on ice cave deathmatch with both teams spawning continuously from the lower snow cliff base one after another. Resulting in an infinite loop of shooting each other in the back until the game ends.

I am going to stop myself from commenting on the other changes because the problems introduced with the crushing health still remain. Camping is king, traversal gameplay is dead, gameplay is not as fun with less epic moments.

perhaps you missed the fact that it's their first experiment in the online department?
jesus, you guys sometimes can be total tools.
you whined, they fixed it for 1.06. keep whining, they might fix it . but they don't have to change everything you guys want, they made it in a specific way, there might be things they're not willing to change no matter how much you guys complain.

Lince

Banned
Kasra_2x4 said:
new maps glitches

spawning right next to an enemy player happens everywhere not just the new maps, don't know how they messed it this bad.

kazuma_pt said:
perhaps you missed the fact that it's their first experiment in the online department?.

yeah but the game was fine a while ago (except for grenades, lag and glitches), I really don't know who asked for the new damage/spawn system that basically turns the game into a rapid succession of quick and cheap kills around the same area of the map.

Kasra_2x4

kazuma_pt said:
perhaps you missed the fact that it's their first experiment in the online department?
jesus, you guys sometimes can be total tools.
you whined, they fixed it for 1.06. keep whining, they might fix it . but they don't have to change everything you guys want, they made it in a specific way, there might be things they're not willing to change no matter how much you guys complain.
we dont want to change them,we want it the way was before

Lince

Banned
JB1981 said:
I don't ever remember the game being this laggy during the beta or demo. Is matchmaking not picking good hosts ?

server population is low so good hosts are extremely rare (and the game keeps ignoring Europeans in that regard, even when most of us have better upload bandwidth than the typical US host), yesterday our GAF group was being matched with 2-3 players at most, finding a full 10 players match was the exception not the norm.

Zen

Banned
Lince said:
server population is low so good hosts are extremely rare (and the game keeps ignoring Europeans in that regard, even when most of us have better upload bandwidth than the typical US host), yesterday our GAF group was being matched with 2-3 players at most, finding a full 10 players match was the exception not the norm.

What game modes are you searching? "All Competitive" is never short on players, or maybe everyone is playing up with the DLC toggle on, that could be your problem.

Lince said:
yeah but the game was fine a while ago (except for grenades, lag and glitches), I really don't know who asked for the new damage/spawn system that basically turns the game into a rapid succession of quick and cheap kills around the same area of the map.

They ran a test period and the feedback they got was positive, it's something they were considering for a while, tested, got good feed back on, and implemented.

The lower health makes has made the game better

KZObsessed

Grenades are much better now, and you can still get some cheap kills by running at two guys and shitting out a grenade. Infact there was a guy called K-Blu-ray or something who literally that was all he'd do the entire time in a GAF game. He still got a few double kills with it as well, tho I think some of the guys were just a little slow :lol , even though he got me once as well :p

I got a very nice double down with a grenade against two FAL campers in the train on Trainwreck. Aimed with L1 and threw a grenade into the side entrance to the train from the ground below. Boom 2 kills. Great (lucky :p) shot! So you can still get double kills, you can still get your cheap grenade kills by throwing them at the ground and having them explode quicker than when you throw them normally. But the other person has more chance of getting out the way. The greande spam and general amount of grenade deaths were reduced in the games I played and it was much better because of it. Still don't like the way the grenade mechanics work, in fact I think they're ridiculous but now the grenades are much better. Oh, I had one hilarious incident where I threw a grenade at someone then tried to move out of cover to cut them off and instead of pressing forward to move round cover I slipped and pressed left having my character roll out of cover right onto my own grenade BrokenOath style! :lol :lol

I don't mind the new health, personally I didn't hve an issue with the old health either. I do kind of wish it was half way in between but alright. The main issue now is spawns. With the low health the awful spawn system is made much much worse. People now who spawn directly infront, side, behind you can pretty much kill you instantly. At least before you had a chance to get into cover, and maybe have a fun 1v1. Happens on most maps, Plaza and Sanctuary seem to be the worst for me of the old maps. The Flooded Ruins is by far the worst overall tho. You spawn at the destroyed buildings, moce forward kill a couple of guys and they spawn in the buildings right behind you and kill you. It's just goddamn terrible. So you get groups of people who just camp there all game so people can't spawn behind. The map just isn't well designed when you take into account the spawn system.

It's ridiculous how I kill a guy and then he spawns right infront of me and I just kill him again :lol Or I kill a guy and a few seconds later he shoots me in the side/back because he just spwned right there. Spawns are the worst issue with Uncharted 2 MP at the moment.

Zen

Banned
If the guy is able to run right up to two people, throw down a grenade, and then get away, I'd say he deserves the kill points. Either that or he snuck up on them, in which case the result would be the same as if he just threw the grenade at their feet or shot them in the back.

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Spawns are the worst issue with Uncharted 2 MP at the moment.

there's a spot in the new Facility map where enemies keep spawning even if you're 3 feet away, basically you can camp around that place waiting for them to spawn in front of your sights.

KZObsessed

Zen said:
If the guy is able to run right up to two people, throw down a grenade, and then get away, I'd say he deserves the kill points. Either that or he snuck up on them, in which case the result would be the same as if he just threw the grenade at their feet or shot them in the back.

Yeah because it was as simple as that...
You can't say he deserved anything because you weren't in the game, or saw how he played. He didn't engage in a gunfight the entire game. He'd hide behind cover near a teamate and as someone would move forward after killing or to push forward towards the enemy he'd drop a grenade right at the ground and roll away. BOOM 1 kill due to the fact grenades explode faster the shorter distance you throw them. You shouldl have to cook them to decrease detonation time, that would actually require some thought and a lot more timing.

He'd run into the middle of his teamates shooting at us and just drop a grenade at people feet. It's so easy to do, with one tap of L2. He wouldn't care if he died or if he took out a teamate, as long as he got a kill now and again. I remember chasing him up staircase as he wouldn't even shoot at me, he'd run back swivel (I love the fact you change direction instantly without any weight shifting) drop a grenade at the floor and run away. I did mange to roll out the way, get up the stairs and shoot him in the back as he was fleeing, so thank god for the reduced blast radius because who knows how many more cheap kills he could have gotten. The fact that you can finish top of your team with 12 kills in a deathmatch using grenades exclusively shows how ridiculous they are.

KZObsessed

Lince said:
there's a spot in the new Facility map where enemies keep spawning even if you're 3 feet away, basically you can camp around that place waiting for them to spawn in front of your sights.

WOW.

The only times I've played that map were those games we had where it was 3v3 thanx to the matchmaking :lol

I've gotten back into it recently, I definitely like it better. There is still that 'ZomgBeingShot LOL grenade at *boom* your feet', but the radius decrease does help.

I've had trouble with lag, which I wouldn't care about if the game would let me fucking leave matches. And some spawning issues. Seems like I kill a guy, then 5 seconds later he's spawned behind me. I understand not having designated team spawns, but the game lacks that sort of feeling of a frontline. After the first battle, it feels like people can come from/spawn anywhere.

Zen

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Yeah because it was as simple as that...
You can't say he deserved anything because you weren't in the game, or saw how he played.
Me-ow :lol

You posted the comment for public consumption and comment, and I predicated my statement with if. Don't get mad at me! You made a vague statement and then got defensive when I extrapolate a possible situation from a lack of context.

The fact that you can finish top of your team with 12 kills in a deathmatch using grenades exclusively shows how ridiculous they are.

In so far as him waiting until you guys were engaged and grenade dropping, that's perfectly valid strategy. If you could cook Grenades, what stopping him from cooking them behind cover and throwing at you two like a projectile (which was infamous in Killzone 1). It sounds like you want twitch grenade throws to have their timer as such that there's little chance of being hit by them. The timed distance thing could be looked at, but grenade cooking isn't necessarily the band-aid that you think it might be, it could just turn grenades into how they used/abused in Killzone 2 at times.

Imagine guarding a torch on chain reaction to have someone timing a grenade explosive in your face for 1 hit kill; people would call that cheap to. Keep in mind that this is the game where people complain about not being able to become a munitions depository on par with Wolverine before they die.

But to be honest, that guy sounds like such an outlier that I'd consider him nothing but a 3 minute (or whatever time frame the game lasted) oddity. To each their own.

Aside from the grenades being nearly useless, I'm liking the new update. I won't even ask them to change anything because I'd hate to get used to something again only to have the rug pulled out from under me again. Save that for a sequel.

What ND needs to learn is to not listen to complainers after launch. Because, really, all those people were trying to do is make the game more like the game they prefer which is retarded and sadly, it worked. This is UNCHARTED!!! If it doesn't play like your favorite game, why not just accept that it's DIFFERENT and you can have two games that are unique from one another...?

meppi

Allright, I finally fired up U2 again. Bought the DLC maps and updated to 1.06.

Now even though the map pack and skin packs are installed, I get the message when I go online that I don't have them.
I tried deleting all the game data and did it all again, but still nothing. :(

It's a UK copy of the game and I'm in Belgium, but I don't think that should be the problem, unless I was using a JP or USA copy...

Can anyone help? :(

KZObsessed

Zen said:
Me-ow :lol

I can and did; you posted the comment for public consumption and comment, and I predicated my statement with if. Don't get mad at me because you made a vague statement and then get defensive when I extrapolate a possible situation from your lack of context.

Who's mad? Only you apparently. I just said you can't claim the guy "deserved" his kills as if they were based on skill when you weren't in the game and therefore don't have a clue how he played. "Extrapolate a possible situation?" :lol No you made an assumption, and defensively came to a biased conclusion, as you seem to be in favour of the cheap grenade mechanics in this game.

In so far as him waiting until you guys were engaged and grenade dropping, that's perfectly valid strategy. If you could cook Grenades, what stopping him from cooking them behind cover and throwing at you two like a projectile (which was infamous in Killzone 1). It sounds like you want twitch grenade throws to be removed, or have their timer as such that there's little chance of not being hit by them. The timed distance thing could be looked at, but grenade cooking isn't necessarily the band-aid that you think it might be, it could just turn grenades into how they used/abused in Killzone 2 at times. Imagine guarding a torch on chain reaction to have someone timing a grenade explosive in your face for 1 hit kill; people would call that cheap to.

That guy sounds like such an outlier that I'd consider him nothing but a 3 minute (or whatever time frame the game lasted) oddity.

A valid strategy? Being able to drop a grenade instantly with a button press without an animation required to pull the pin first? With a shorter detonation time when throwing them a shorter distance. Laughable. What's stopping him from cooking a grenade and throwing it in your face? Err nothing. That's what you do with cooked grenades. At least with that you have to time it right. Make the "cooking" timer quite long so you can't quickly cook one. Maybe make the distance away from the blast proportional to the damage you take. Rather than dead or stunned being the only two options.

It's not like you can have a timer indicator on the grenade in this like in KZ2, as this is not an FPS, so you don't show people how long it takes for the grenade to blow with a visual indicator like in KZ2. Let them work it out, let them have to time it themselves. Grenades would be a lot more skill based and they'd be a lot less cheap deaths due to them. If you like the cheap mechanics, so be it, but don't act like there's nothing wrong with them and abusing the cheap mechanics are a "valid strategy".

And I never said players like him were the norm, but players like him show how silly the grenade mechanics are in this game and how easy they are to abuse.

Irish

Zen said:
Keep in mind that this is the game where people complain about not being able to become a munitions depository on par with Wolverine before they die.

Really? I mean, really? How wrong could a person be? If you could aim before, (surprisingly few people could) it didn't take but a quarter of your AK clip to kill someone. It was pretty sad. I even saw people empty clip after clip into the wall on my left.

FFObsessed said:
Oh, I had one hilarious incident where I threw a grenade at someone then tried to move out of cover to cut them off and instead of pressing forward to move round cover I slipped and pressed left having my character roll out of cover right onto my own grenade BrokenOath style!

That's not so hilarious. I do that stuff all the time and can say it's beyond embarrassing. :(

I step on grenades (my own, teammates', and enemies') all the time. When I was in no danger of being killed had I not decided to move out of cover. :p

KZObsessed

Irish said:
That's not so hilarious. I do that stuff all the time and can say it's beyond embarrassing. :(

I step on grenades (my own, teammates', and enemies') all the time. When I was in no danger of being killed had I not decided to move out of cover. :p

It was made worse as Lince saw me do it and was almost in tears of laughter :lol

Irish said:
Really? I mean, really? How wrong could a person be? If you could aim before, (surprisingly few people could) it didn't take but a quarter of your AK clip to kill someone. It was pretty sad. I even saw people empty clip after clip into the wall on my left.

Probably one of those Euro laggers :p

VIVA MEXICO!

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
It was made worse as Lince saw me do it and was almost in tears of laughter :lol

one of those "let's pretend it never happened" moments :lol
no worse than running with the treasure in the wrong direction in round 10 of "Gold Rush" (last try) and getting killed... :'(

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
meppi said:
Allright, I finally fired up U2 again. Bought the DLC maps and updated to 1.06.

Now even though the map pack and skin packs are installed, I get the message when I go online that I don't have them.
I tried deleting all the game data and did it all again, but still nothing. :(

It's a UK copy of the game and I'm in Belgium, but I don't think that should be the problem, unless I was using a JP or USA copy...

Can anyone help? :(
AFAIK, it is. You have to buy the pack from the UK store for the UK copy. IIRC, the same thing happened to a couple of people in this thread when the Eye of Indra skins were released.

this game has changed for the worse man. I used to have so much fun ughhhhh God just thinking about it I blew my entire winter break on this game now it's so different

Killthee said:
AFAIK, it is. You have to buy the pack from the UK store for the UK copy. IIRC, the same thing happened to a couple of people in this thread when the Eye of Indra skins were released.

Happened to me..

Zen

Banned
Dude... wtf? :lol

FFObsessed said:
Who's mad? Only you apparently.

I'm not mad.

I just said you can't claim the guy "deserved" his kills as if they were based on skill when you weren't in the game and therefore don't have a clue how he played.

No, you said "You can't say he deserved anything because you weren't in the game", as in "You can't comment one way or another".

Strategy is a form of skill, if he was able to get the drop on you, or use the situation to his advantage than he is making smart tactical decisions.

"Extrapolate a possible situation?" :lol No you made an assumption, and defensively came to a biased conclusion, as you seem to be in favour of the cheap grenade mechanics in this game.

I defensively came to a conclusion? I'm not the one who said "You can't say anything because you weren't there", as a preamble meant to discredit me before actually explaining the situation in sufficient detail.

I 'assumed' that he was able to kill you with a grenade by running up to you, throwing one, and running away? Isn't that exactly what you said he did? That doesn't sound like much of an assumption. A better word would be 'extrapolate', since I extrapolated that him doing that, as you'd (in a lacking fashion) explained it, would mean that he probably deserved those kills since I assumed you guys were shooting etc and not just standing there, and I pointed that that if he got the drop on you, then the result would be largely the same even without grenades.

A valid strategy? Being able to drop a grenade instantly with a button press without an animation required to pull the pin first? With a shorter detonation time when throwing them a shorter distance. Laughable.

Those things would only make his strategy more valid given the circumstances and results and it's your job as a player to plan for him doing that, it's not like what he was doing was a game breaking glitch. But you're conflating the strategy with the mechanics involved.

Realize that I even said the Distance/Detonation timing should be looked at, but I hardly ever get killed by up close nade drops. I hardly ever nade kill for that mater...

What's stopping him from cooking a grenade and throwing it in your face? Err nothing. That's what you do with cooked grenades.

That would result in cheap kills in much the same way the 'dropping it at your feet' are cheap. The Alleged 'unavoidable death' that you're complaining about. Being 'based on skill' didn't stop them from being used for 'cheap' kills like in Killzone.

At least with that you have to time it right. Make the "cooking" timer quite long so you can't quickly cook one. Maybe make the distance away from the blast proportional to the damage you take. Rather than dead or stunned being the only two options.

Personally I see 'grenade cooking' being dangerously close to just another type of 'cheap kills' that people would end up complaining about.

It's not like you can have a timer indicator on the grenade in this like in KZ2, as this is not an FPS, so you don't show people how long it takes for the grenade to blow with a visual indicator like in KZ2.

Actually that would be very easy to do, all you'd need would be an increased glow intensity and a sound indicator- exactly like Killzone 2 in fact, minus the comparable complexity of the KZ2 visual indicator. Heck even just a sound indicator would work fine.

Let them work it out, let them have to time it themselves.

So, Silent Grenades (You said you wanted no form on inticator and rather have people remember the timing) that could be timed to blow up in someone's face? Sounds rage inducing. :lol

Grenades would be a lot more skill based and they'd be a lot less cheap deaths due to them. If you like the cheap mechanics, so be it, but don't act like there's nothing wrong with them and abusing the cheap mechanics are a "valid strategy".

Honestly if they just increase the grenade time up close, that would be a much less overt change that maintains the feel of the game for the community, rather than adding in entirely new mechanics that aren't in single player.

KZObsessed

Zen said:
No, you said "You can't say he deserved anything because you weren't in the game", as in "You can't comment one way or another".

That's not what it meant! Key word there is deserved. You said it sounded as if he deserved his kills, you can't say he deserved anything, as in any of his kills/deaths or whatever, as you weren't.in.the.game. Do you understand?

Strategy is a form of skill, if he was able to get the drop on you, or use the situation to his advantage than he is making smart tactical decisions.

Exploiting a games cheap mechanics is strategy now? Wow, heard it all. I guess exploiting auto-aim is also a good skill/strategy as well. Glitching out of the map, spawn camping. Aaaall good strategies.

I defensively came to a conclusion? I'm not the one who said "You can't say anything because you weren't there", as a preamble meant to discredit me before actually explaining the situation in sufficient detail.

I didn't say anything of the sort. I didn't say you couldn't say anything or comment, I said you couldn't say one way or the other what he deserved as you weren't there! What is so hard to understand about that? And what is there to discredit? You came to some stupid conclusion that some guy who you didn't see play "deserved" the cheap kills he got without enough information, I was simply explaining to you how wrong you were to come to that conclusion without knowing anything of what happend. If you wanted more info on his "strategies" initally because you want to discuss it then just ask before claiming he deserved the kills. This is all very silly and meaningless so I don't get why you're making a big deal out of it and acting as if I got mad by just explaining to you what he did.

I 'assumed' that he was able to kill you with a grenade by running up to you, throwing one, and running away? Isn't that exactly what you said he did? That doesn't sound like much of an assumption. A better word would be 'extrapolate', since I extrapolated that him doing that, as you'd (in a lacking fashion) explained it, would mean that he probably deserved those kills since I assumed you guys were shooting etc and not just standing there, and I pointed that that if he got the drop on you, then the result would be largely the same even without grenades.

No that's not what I said. First of all when talking about what he did, most of it was done to other GAF members on my team. I said he only got me once. And that was when I snuck round the back of cover to take out someone my teamates were shooting at only to discover he was hiding behind cover waiting to greande anyone that came close. He dropped a grenade, I dropped one to retaliate, both of us rolled away and he got shot while I got blown up. That wasn't what I was complaining about, it was his tactics while getting double kills on other gaffers. And the fact he only used the grenades the entire match and managed to get so many kills by dropping grenades at his feet the whole time. I never said he survived every time, I infact said he killed himself and other teammates on occasions. He'd dropa grenade just before he'd die and get a kill on one or two guys. Sometimes when an enemy dies, you don't see any grenade dropping animation and it just falls out of him.

"That doesn't sound like much of an assumption. A better word would be 'extrapolate', since I extrapolated that him doing that, as you'd (in a lacking fashion) explained it, would mean that he probably deserved those kills since I assumed you guys were shooting etc and not just standing there, and I pointed that that if he got the drop on you, then the result would be largely the same even without grenades.

lol

He would drop a grenade at the feet of other GAF players while they were shooting at other players, with a quick tap of L2 and they would blow up almost instantly killing them. You shouldn't be able to drop a live grenade instantly like that and have it blow up faster than when you throw it a long distance. And you keep saying "you" as if he did this to me constantly. Once again I'll tell you he only killed me once with a grenade the whole game, it was his bullshit getting kills on other gaffers that I saw which was bullshit. But good for him for exploiting the silly grenade mechanics! What a great strategiest and great player!

Realize that I even said the Distance/Detonation timing could be looked at.

Looked at? :lol It's as if you can't even comprehend how stupid it is.

That would result in cheap kills in much the same way the 'dropping it at your feet' are cheap. The Alleged 'unavoidable death' that you're complaining about. Being 'based on skill' didn't stop them from being used for 'cheap' kills like in Killzone.

"unavoidable death" is not a phrase I ever used, nor is it one I consider to be "cheap" You don't seem to know what "cheap" means. Unavoidable death can happen in any online game to any player. That is not "cheap" I've already explained how silly the grenade mechanics are and how they can be exploited as shown by the player we are discussing. If you can't comprehend or understand that then that's your problem but stop putting words in my mouth and acting like I'm saying things I'm not.

Maybe you're ok with such things, but I hate them in all games. I hate boost/rockets in KZ2, I hate pretty much everything about MW2 and I hate the grenade mechanics in this game. It's not because they cause "unavoidable death" it's because the stupidity of the design simply annoys me because they can be exploited for cheap bullshit shown by K-Blu-ray.

Personally I see 'grenade cooking' being dangerously close to just another type of 'cheap kills' that people would end up complaining about.

Probably due to your misunderstanding about what "cheap" actually is. Some people will complain and blame the game no matter what type of death occurs. I'm simply complaing about the grenade mechanics because I think they are ridiculous. And can't believe how others, even if they like getting grenade kills, cant/wont admit that dropping a live grenade, instantly with one button press which explodes faster when you drop it at your feet insn't ridiculous.

Actually that would be very easy to do, all you'd need would be an increased glow intensity and a sound indicator- exactly like Killzone 2 in fact, minus the comparable complexity of the KZ2 visual indicator. Heck even just a sound indicator would work fine.

Well, you seemed to think the grenades in KZ2 are abused, when they're not so I was coming up with a way to make them even more difficult to cook and use.

So, Silent Grenades (You said you wanted no form on inticator and rather have people remember the timing) that could be timed to blow up in someone's face? Sounds rage inducing. :lol

Only if it blows up in your own hand, which is the risk that balances out the advantage when cooking a grenade. You can't allow cooking to be too quick, or too easy to time. You need to have experience with it to use it well, otherwise it could become overpowered and frustrating. And I'm not talking about the grenade indicator after you've thrown it, I'm just talking about cooking it. They could have an indicator and I wouldn't mind if they did, I was just thinking of a way to make it even more difficult to cook and get kills with.

You sure know how to tar and feather someone, dayum :lol Honestly if they just increase the grenade time up close, that would be a much less overt change that maintains the feel of the game for the community, rather than adding in entirely new mechanics that aren't in single player.

Well it's easy when someone misunderstands/misinterprets someone elses post, puts words in their mouth and fails to understand very simple words and phrases. I agree that making the detonation times the same whether you throw them short or long distanves should be the case and would be the simplest change to implement. I said that months ago. Personally I think they are changin too many things. I think they should have kept the health the same, despite not personally having an issue with the new health system (except for the spawns), I just want them to think about the mechanics for Uncharted 3. I enjoy the game as it is and I think the grenades are much better now, are less overpowered and it's less easy to exploit the mechanics now. I did infact start off my innital post stating things are better now. The story about K-Blu-ray was actually to reassure people you can still get those cheap kills if you wish and that greandes have not been made useless.

Now, hopefully that's clear for you, but if you want to keep "discussing" such an unimportant thing with such dedication, I suggest we take it to PMs from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom