• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yoboman said:
Has flash Drake never heard of a door handle?

Flash Drake is really tall and runs stupid.

OT: You have probably the best avatar and I don't even know what it is...

recklessmind said:

A genuinely feel-good foreign film called "Amelie". Check it out if you feel like smiling for two hours.

recklessmind said:

Audrey Tautou is amazing. Her interview with Craig Ferguson is on youtube, check it out, good stuff. :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
WretchedTruman said:
A genuinely feel-good foreign film called "Amelie". Check it out if you feel like smiling for two hours.

Chick makes me feel like fapping for two hours but I guess smiling is alright too.

iamcool388 said:
Audrey Tautou is amazing. Her interview with Craig Ferguson is on youtube, check it out, good stuff. :lol

And finally... a name.

Schrade said:
The best avatar is Veronica Belmont shaking her boobs in her Cthulhu shirt.

Can't really argue...

Schrade

recklessmind said:

The best avatar is Veronica Belmont shaking her boobs in her Cthulhu shirt.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Ah damn it the demo is only multiplayer???

I thought there was a singleplayer demo out:((

And what was that photomode about? Can I move around and take pictures?

dfyb

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
you can watch previous matches and pause/fly around/take screens etc

awewehsdgwe.JPG

awefwegds.JPG

more:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17861419&postcount=3371

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ether_Snake said:

The last 20 competitive multiplayer matches are automatically "recorded" and viewable using the game's Cinema Mode. You have the option of either manually controlling the camera or letting it follow the point of view of any player in the match. You can also visually tweak the settings of the camera and take screenshots (you need to be playing in 720p for the screenshot function to appear).

Yoboman

Ether_Snake said:

Just download it, the multiplayer is awesome

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
dfyb said:
you can watch previous matches and pause/fly around/take screens etc

more:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17861419&postcount=3371

How do I access the mode?

EDIT: Ah I see.

ANyway, my god, Uncharted 2 is the most beautiful game I have EVER SEEN.

Btw can you only orbit the camera or can you move it around?? And why are my videos only 8 seconds long?

Oh I found out how to move the camera. But my video is only 8 seconds.

Ether_Snake said:
How do I access the mode?

EDIT: Ah I see.

ANyway, my god, Uncharted 2 is the most beautiful game I have EVER SEEN.

Btw can you only orbit the camera or can you move it around?? And why are my videos only 8 seconds long?

Both. Push triangle twice to have full control.

Killthee

Ether_Snake said:

Oh I found out how to move the camera. But my video is only 8 seconds.
If you migrate host during a match it stops recording.

Gribbix

-Winnie- said:
Any spoilers?
Not in my opinion. If you're super anal about seeing new areas of locations from the campaign-mode, then I guess you might want to skip the 3rd video (Story and Art) to be safe, but it all looks pretty spoiler-free to me.

Note to those who don't read carefully: I'm referring to the the behind-the-scenes videos on GI's website, not the GT review. The GT review is filled with spoilers.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Game Trailers are notorious for showing scenes from all over the game. I wouldn't watch if you're afraid of spoilers, guys. I know I won't be.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I always wonder how to devs react to stuff like that. It must suck to have thousands of people see things that you tried really hard to implement in the game with the right level of tension leading up to the reveal, and all of that.

I guess that's why the GT review was a bit later than most?

Killthee

Ploid 3.0 said:
Do the perks only work in non co op matches?
Yup, but Co-Op has its own set of weapon upgrades (more ammo [$25,000], better accuracy [$50,000], faster reloading [$100,000]) you can purchase as you level up.

Animator

GT can go fuck themselves this is the last time I ever watch a review on t hat site. Its like those assholes are trying to raise the bar on how many spoilers you can show in a game.

do NOT watch it if you want to go in unspoiled.

Rez said:
I always wonder how to devs react to stuff like that. It must suck to have thousands of people see things that you tried really hard to implement in the game with the right level of tension leading up to the reveal, and all of that.

I guess that's why the GT review was a bit later than most?

I'm sure it's frustrating but a 9+ score probably eases the pain. Imagine when they do it to a game they pan.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Animator said:
GT can go fuck themselves this is the last time I ever watch a review on t hat site. Its like those assholes are trying to raise the bar on how many spoilers you can show in a game.

do NOT watch it if you want to go in unspoiled.
I'm not defending them, I think it's super-annoying (because usually their reviews are a good watch), but to be fair, Game Trailers have been doing this spoiler-thing for years now. You probably should have expected it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Felix Lighter said:
I'm sure it's frustrating but a 9+ score probably eases the pain. Imagine when they do it to a game they pan.
true, true

Ydahs

So is there a place where matches between GAFers get organized? Maybe an IRC? I've added a bunch of GAFers onto my friends list through the Online thread though many are still pending.

Anyone want to add me? I'll be available to play maybe soon or sometime in 10 hours.

PSN ID: YdahsR

Yoboman

Rez said:
I'm not defending them, I think it's super-annoying (because usually their reviews are a good watch), but to be fair, Game Trailers have been doing this spoiler-thing for years now. You probably should have expected it.
Not really. There's a huge number of reviews where they say "we're not going to give away too much of the story"and keep it relatively spoiler free. ODST was a recent example IIRC. Did they really put final boss/story spoilers in this review?:|

patsu

Ydahs said:
So is there a place where matches between GAFers get organized? Maybe an IRC? I've added a bunch of GAFers onto my friends list through the Online thread though many are still pending.

Anyone want to add me? I'll be available to play maybe soon or sometime in 10 hours.

PSN ID: YdahsR

There is a GAF U2 demo chat room.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Anyone who has an invested interest in the story and cast should not watch the GT review. At this point I don't want to see anymore screens or video. Don't mind reading bullet point reviews though.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yoboman said:
Not really. There's a huge number of reviews where they say "we're not going to give away too much of the story"and keep it relatively spoiler free. ODST was a recent example IIRC. Did they really put final boss/story spoilers in this review?:|
oh, wow. didn't realise it was that bad. ick.

patsu

Ydahs said:
How do I access this chat room? Is this IRC? Sorry, I'm not familiar with it.

Someone who has access to the chat room needs to add you to his friends list and then send you the chatroom invite. After that, he can drop you from the friends list if he wants to and the chatroom link will stay with you forever ... until you delete it explicitly.

I can't sign in now because my wife is using the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom