• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
I've been craving UC2 a lot lately, maybe it was my spidey-sense letting me know a lot of Gaffers were playing again. :D Crazy.

Never mind. I saw it on a old IGN article.

Sweet! Four new maps! :D

Also, I know there was a free multiplayer map but I didn't see the download on PSN. Was it downloaded automatically when I first logged on online?

Yeef said:
Drop-in multiplayer doesn't always work well.

I've never seen it not work well. I've never seen a Modern Warfare match 9v2. But the brilliant thing is, that's beside the point. In a match where it's 9v2, and you can't find those 2 people to kill? Leave and find another match in 20 seconds. Bam, you're back to the fun.

Yeef said:
There are plenty of reasons to quit, but not many reasons to quit frequently.

Ah but there is. Lag, shitty map, shitty gametype, shitty teammates, and the usual real life reasons. With matchmaking, having to leave twice in a row for any of those reasons is quite likely. Give or take how picky you are.

ZeroRay

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Also, I know there was a free multiplayer map but I didn't see the download on PSN. Was it downloaded automatically when I first logged on online?

Yeah, if you updated your game, you should have the map. It's Fort.

Kittonwy

Banned
Rikyfree said:
AFW? Arrogant French Walrus?

I need ivory for my tower.
Indifferent2.gif

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
GamaFu said:
I just completed Uncharted 1 & 2. Wow... What a game.
It has become one of my favorite series now!
Can't believe it took me so long to get PS3 and play this game.
The story is quite interesting. Conversation is well written, it always makes me laugh.

I finished 2 just last night. Now I try to get into MGS4,
and I just don't like it that much, with all the boring cutscenes.
It's going to be hard to find a game that can top Uncharted. :(
Glad you liked it. :D

Yeef

PedroLumpy said:
I've never seen it not work well. I've never seen a Modern Warfare match 9v2. But the brilliant thing is, that's beside the point. In a match where it's 9v2, and you can't find those 2 people to kill? Leave and find another match in 20 seconds. Bam, you're back to the fun.
That's the thing. I consider a game where people are joining and leaving all of the time to be less fun. Hopping from game to game is equally a sedating, especially if you're rolling with a party, but to each his own.

Rikyfree said:
AFW? Arrogant French Walrus?
It's that redundant?
BOOM!

Somnium986 said:
So the DLC is still scheduled for the 15th? I might try it get in to U2 again but i'm gonna be hella rusty.
Just remember that arne said to take that info with a grain of salt. If it is accurate though, I'm very curious to see what the new skins and the new co-op mode (?) are.

Wowbagger

It sucks that you can only carry six shots for the sniper rifle in co-op modes now. Its damage wasn't increased in co-op, so I assume this was an unintended change. Please fix, ND!

And let us pick what hero to use in the co-op arena modes, dammit!

Wowbagger said:
It sucks that you can only carry six shots for the sniper rifle in co-op modes now. Its damage wasn't increased in co-op, so I assume this was an unintended change. Please fix, ND!

And let us pick what hero to use in the co-op arena modes, dammit!

Thanks for helping out on Nepal and Sanctuary co-op yesterday. We were so close to finishing Sancturay, but I got caught by the grenade launcher guy, and the other guy (sorry I forgot your PSN, i think it was everlong or everdragon) got caught by the choker.

Need to try that again some time.

Why is U: DF crushing much more crushing than U2:AT crushing?

Yeef said:
Hopping from game to game is equally a sedating, especially if you're rolling with a party, but to each his own.

To each their own is basically what I'm preaching. You're free to do what you want but don't decide for me how I play.

Yes it is more difficult to move around in a party, but should everyone else have to suffer because of that?

This reminds me of a great matchmaking solution though, the no parties playlist like Mercenary TDM in Modern warfare. All the transient lone wolves go there, free to come and go as they please. Thus it's more likely in other playlists to have two groups playing each other. Groups are less likely to leave so everyone is better off.

womfalcs3

Banned
4 new maps?

It'd be great if we could buy maps individually. If it's going to be $2 a map like the first pack, I don't want to spend $8 for all of them. We can just watch videos of the maps and decide which ones appeal to us.

Also, I didn't see the usual weekend bump in daily players this week. Hopefully it's just a random occurrence.

thaOwner

PedroLumpy said:
To each their own is basically what I'm preaching. You're free to do what you want but don't decide for me how I play.

Yes it is more difficult to move around in a party, but should everyone else have to suffer because of that?

This reminds me of a great matchmaking solution though, the no parties playlist like Mercenary TDM in Modern warfare. All the transient lone wolves go there, free to come and go as they please. Thus it's more likely in other playlists to have two groups playing each other. Groups are less likely to leave so everyone is better off.
offtopic but what game is that in your avatar ?

jett

D-Member
More maps?? I doubt I'll buy 'em, frankly. The "regulars" are gone and to be honest and I don't feel like I've actually played on the new maps much.

jett

D-Member
WOW just had a spectacular 3v3 plunder match on the raining ruins. Just awesome. First time I reach the 50k limit(and without deposit). Also made level 50 coincidentally! :D Man I know what I just said but this game keeps pulling me back in. :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
jett said:
WOW just had a spectacular 3v3 plunder match on the raining ruins. Just awesome. First time I reach the 50k limit(and without deposit). Also made level 50 coincidentally! :D Man I know what I just said but this game keeps pulling me back in. :lol

Buy teh maps plz thx (if and when they come out).
angry.gif

I just started playing the online in this, and it seems really fun. I am down for some co-op or multiplayer matches. I just picked up the new maps today. PSN: RyJonJinn

I finished the game when it was released but never got Platinum. Have been playing multiplayer on and off. Started playing the single player again for plat. Almost there just need the GAU 19 trophy :D

Anyways, this game rocks the single player experience.

Jme

I'd love to play MP with GAF sometime - I usually only play at nights and on weekends what with my kids/job but I'd appreciate it if some of you would add me so I can get in on some GAF matches!

PSN: jmehatesyou

womfalcs3 said:
4 new maps?

It'd be great if we could buy maps individually. If it's going to be $2 a map like the first pack, I don't want to spend $8 for all of them. We can just watch videos of the maps and decide which ones appeal to us.

Also, I didn't see the usual weekend bump in daily players this week. Hopefully it's just a random occurrence.

My PS3 got back a week ago, Kratos forced his way in, refuses to come out. I'll Platinum that soon, and then come back to U2, haven't played in months, and I know that I'll have to relearn everything. So between this and Batman:AA, I'm good as long as the new Maps/Co-op mode are awesome.

I'd really like to see a Heist-type mode, where you transport the treasure to a getaway point, like the museum with a driving section, or something like that. Or a post-story mode mission.

Filldough

Boombloxer said:
I'd really like to see a Heist-type mode, where you transport the treasure to a getaway point, like the museum with a driving section, or something like that. Or a post-story mode mission.

hmmm.... Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your news letter...

webcivilian said:
I finished the game when it was released but never got Platinum. Have been playing multiplayer on and off. Started playing the single player again for plat. Almost there just need the GAU 19 trophy :D

Anyways, this game rocks the single player experience.

hi five! Im in the exact same boat except im getting treasures while doing my crushing run. I was considering finishing Crushing than going back on easy mode with unlimited rockets to get the treasures but I can just stream youtube while playing. This is my GOTY 2010 :D

VsRobot said:
When can previous purchasers of Indra comics expect their skins?

Also, I don't really care if you quit or not, but don't complain that you got docked. You getting docked sucks, and being part of an imbalanced game sucks, so it evens out in my book.

Prior to the penalty system, no matches finished 5v5 ever. EVER.

But being penalized hard earned points in a non-serious, unranked match is NOT comparable to having less players on your team for a whole ten or so minutes.

Ranked? Sure, penalize those who can't finish what they've started when it affects the more serious stats associated with ranked games.... I'm fine with that.

It's very easy to see the flaws when the game is only 5 on 5 with no late join function. We wouldn't have had this argument if the game featured more players and allowed late join. Let's hate the system and not those who have something to do all of a sudden.

PS: I just want to say that in all of my UC2 MP games, I've quit MAYBE one time (but have had the game lock up on a few occasions). Thankfully, I've never been docked. It's just that lately, when I least expect, I need to tend to my baby. I can't help something like that.

I'm playing because A) I love the game. B) I paid for it and C) I have the time to. It actually upsets me that ND put in this feature to cater to those who have bitched and moaned making it seem like everyone who quits is a pussy. Surprise guests? An accident? Your attention needed? Nah. Everyone quits when they're up 19-3 with 34 seconds left because they're having a bad match and should be penalized...

Massa

The feature was added because a significant number of players would quit the game after realizing they weren't going to win it. It affected everyone playing the game negatively.

The solution was designed to not affect people with legitimate reasons for quitting and it works quite well in my experience.

If you treat unraked games as not serious stuff then surely having a bad experience in matches is worse than losing a few meaningless points?

jett

D-Member
Just had one of those bugged out matches where it looks like nobody has left their spawning positions. Got two sets of five not alive and wipeout :lol

Kittonwy said:
Buy teh maps plz thx (if and when they come out).
angry.gif

lol, maybe. :p

Yeef said:
Just remember that arne said to take that info with a grain of salt.
Well since that first leak everything has turned out to be true. Just got the pricing wrong last time.
Gyrian said:
cj and Somnium debating a return?
What a throwback; can't wait to hear the banter, too. :]
I knew you missed my totally mature outbursts of witty banter. :mad:

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
JB1981 said:
man i really want to play the SP campaign again ... still the best looking game on the system
I can't think of any recent game that's impressed me as much graphically, and I'm a PC gamer. The technical prowess of the graphics is one thing, but the developers also picked really diverse, cool, relatively underused environments and packed them with little details.

JB1981 said:
man i really want to play the SP campaign again ... still the best looking game on the system

Thats what i thought untill i replayed Killzone 2 last week. KZ2 is still the best.

I got back in U2 multiplayer today. Finally hit level 20. Its awesome, whats the max level?

Massa said:
The feature was added because a significant number of players would quit the game after realizing they weren't going to win it. It affected everyone playing the game negatively.

The solution was designed to not affect people with legitimate reasons for quitting and it works quite well in my experience.

If you treat unraked games as not serious stuff then surely having a bad experience in matches is worse than losing a few meaningless points?

Meaningless? hell no. I've worked hard trying to get that money so I can purchase more skins (which may, in fact, be meaningless =P).

If there are indeed new maps coming out for Uncharted 2, I will find some way to get them. Uncharted 2 is seriously my favorite game ever, and I will gladly get any new maps that come out.

Mik2121

BTW, I've been playing the online for just two days but in that time I've seen around 5 or 6 girls.. what's the deal with that? All girls play this game? :lol :lol

Teknoman

Mik2121 said:
BTW, I've been playing the online for just two days but in that time I've seen around 5 or 6 girls.. what's the deal with that? All girls play this game? :lol :lol

Character models or actual women/girls?

Darkatomz

Teknoman said:
Character models or actual women/girls?
I'm sure he's referring to real ones.

I've run into a lot when I played too. It's just a game where it appeals to more than just guys, and still remaining a (hard)core game. I doubt you'll find the same girl audience when you're talking about a game like Gears.

Yeef

Lazarevic (Graham McTavish) was on 24 tonight and it looks like he'll be appearing in the next few episodes as well. Hopefully he ends up squaring off with Jack.

Jaroof

Getting on in a few minutes, if anyone wants to join :)

Edit:
GG tonight, Bleach, Jett, & Kitton.
Even though I was playin like some poopoo :p
Fun games.

And lol @ Jett killing TheAdamastor over and over in that one match :lol

Salz01

thaOwner said:
Anyone else getting disconnected from games a lot ? and by a lot I mean, every game ?

It happened to me once or twice last night.

Also I hate the punching knockouts. I used to connect all the time, and punch the guy out first, but last night it seemed I missed every single damn one. That or it takes two to knock them out.

jett

D-Member
Jaroof said:
Getting on in a few minutes, if anyone wants to join :)

Edit:
GG tonight, Bleach, Jett, & Kitton.
Even though I was playin like some poopoo :p
Fun games.

Yeah good games guys, CHRP and cjtiger300 too. It was pretty awesome getting back with the old gaf crew.

And lol @ Jett killing TheAdamastor over and over in that one match :lol

Was I not supposed to? :p

Jaroof

jett said:
Yeah good games guys, CHRP and cjtiger300 too. It was pretty awesome getting back with the old gaf crew.

Was I not supposed to? :p
I didn't get to play with CJ :/ Haven't played with that guy in quite a while...

And it didn't really matter. It's just that, at one point, you were the only one killing him.
I'd see him for like a few seconds, then, out of nowhere, a barrage of bullets would mow him down. And it was you. Every time. :lol

Gyrian

cjtiger300 said:
Had fun in the the Reunion!!!! Awesome games Kitton, CHRP, Qlaarq, and Jett!!! Good stuff!!!
What! There was a reunion while I'm out of town?We're dragging you all back in for the weekend. >:[

Reunion can't be considered complete until we run a 10 player GAF melee only, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom