• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
After getting jerked around switching disks over and over (using my disk slot :p) I had a disaster where I lost two hours of Bayonetta progress, and it was immediately after that (when I hated all games) that I posted.

Spending a ton of time in the lobby and not playing sucks, but losing two hours in Bayo is even worse. Over all, one of the least fun gaming nights ever. I nearly put my controller through my tv. ;_;

Salz01

VsRobot said:
After getting jerked around switching disks over and over (using my disk slot :p) I had a disaster where I lost two hours of Bayonetta progress, and it was immediately after that (when I hated all games) that I posted.

Spending a ton of time in the lobby and not playing sucks, but losing two hours in Bayo is even worse. Over all, one of the least fun gaming nights ever. I nearly put my controller through my tv. ;_;

I'm going to suggest that you should have played with a pick up group while you wait, but I'll spoiler tag what you will respond to this suggestion.

But I want to play, when I want, where I want, and what I want

Kos Luftar said:
Som, stop spewing your BFBC2 propaganda when playing UC2 mp. Kthxbai :D
You (and everyone else) can stop the propaganda today! ......By joining me in BFBC2.squad up with 3 of your friends for intense team based multiplayer action!

Somnium986 said:
You (and everyone else) can stop the propaganda today! ......By joining me in BFBC2.squad up with 3 of your friends for intense team based multiplayer action!

I am pretty bad at U2 but if I played BFBC2 online, I'd probably be 100 times worse.

Levi

Banned
Salz01 said:
I'm going to suggest that you should have played with a pick up group while you wait.

I don't play with randoms. The game isn't fun unless you're playing with people on your friends list. Also, it's a douche move to start a game while you're waiting to join your friends--then they have to wait in the lobby for you, which as I've previously stated, is not fun.

deepbrown

VsRobot said:
I don't play with randoms. The game isn't fun unless you're playing with people on your friends list. Also, it's a douche move to start a game while you're waiting to join your friends--then they have to wait in the lobby for you, which as I've previously stated, is not fun.
:/ Lets all be friends.

Levi

Banned
Where's my damn colonel sanders (aka Pinkerton) skin? Wasn't today the day for suckers who already bought the Indra comics to get their dl codes? I can't wait to spawn directly in front of an enemy as a new dude.

Yeef

Somnium986 said:
Does the full game have non-squad voice chat? That was really my only issue with the demo. Everything else about it was fantastic.

VsRobot said:
Where's my damn colonel sanders (aka Pinkerton) skin? Wasn't today the day for suckers who already bought the Indra comics to get their dl codes? I can't wait to spawn directly in front of an enemy as a new dude.
I had the email waiting for me when I got home from work (about 10 minutes ago). In the original blog post it said that you needed to have your account to receive marketing emails from Sony. If you didn't I'm not sure how you'd remedy that.

Massa

VsRobot said:

People just spam their friends list with game invites and start playing as soon as the room is full, I also really hate that.

TripOpt55

I made sure to allow for the marketing materials from Sony back when they blogged about the skins/motion comic thing, but still haven't gotten the email. Hopefully they still have to send some out? I'd like to have the skins.

Gyrian

Great games tonight, starting with a very tense Plunder game on Sanctuary with Kitton + Vs.
Dishonorable mention to Oath, who stayed for a single quick elimination; leaving after he discovered that he and the micro didn't get along anymore. :p

Levi

Banned
Yeef said:
I had the email waiting for me when I got home from work (about 10 ago). In the original blog post it said that you needed to have your account to receive marketing emails from Sony. If you didn't I'm not sure how you'd remedy that.

playstation.com said:
You are currently opted in to receiving communications from PlayStation®.That means you've given us the okay to send you the customized emails, newsletters special offers and more.

Nevermind, got my skins!!

After playing Uncharted 2 online today, I realized that I really really love this game. So much that I don't want to play any other online game. I'm neglecting MAG, cause I'm just still having so much fun with Uncharted 2.

Yeef

Finally hit 52. Invalid took me a couple of rounds to get used to, but now that I'm accustomed to it it's not so bad. I know a lot of people stopped using it after the health nerf. It sucks getting killed in like one and a half shots, especially when people spawn behind you right as you're about to stealth kill someone.

VsRobot said:
WHERES MY SHIT
I assumed you checked your spam folder. The next step is to complain at SCEA.

Yeef said:
Finally hit 52. Invalid took me a couple of rounds to get used to, but now that I'm accustomed to it it's not so bad. I know a lot of people stopped using it after the health nerf. It sucks getting killed in like one and a half shots, especially when people spawn behind you right as you're about to stealth kill someone.
I had Invalid on for a while, but yeah, you get killed way too fast so I stopped using it. I put Rapid Hands and Half Loaded, and I do a lot better. I can't wait to get Glass Jaw. I'm level 56, and a bit close to level 57 which is when Glass Jaw unlocks. It's crazy how you have to go from like $20 million at level 56 to $27 million to reach level 57. It would be way hard without negative boosters, though. So, I'm glad they have those kind of boosters.

Kittonwy

Banned
GG. Nice crowd tonight.
angry.gif

Levi

Banned
My PS RLS e-mails go to my main account, and so do my receipts, but I guess I filtered the other PS e-mails into a bacn folder. Thank you Gmail for letting me google all my stored e-mail! Thank you ND for the free skins! Now fix the spawns and the grenades. :mad:

I'm back to UC2 as my main online game, at least until I get the mp trophies.

So, a few things:

1. Are everybody else's stats on naughtydog.com not updating? Mine still says that I last played on the 24th of March and that I'm level 22 when I've been playing solidly for the last few days and I'm level 32 now.
2. Is anyone else gettiing a lot of connection errors in co-op? I've only been able to play with randoms and only recently managed to unlock hard mode because half my co-op games seem to end this way.
3. Can I get into a GAF game sometime? I mostly play plunder but I'm fine with anything, my PSN ID is the same as my username and I've got the DLC maps although I haven't got much use out of them.

Facism

Gold Member
I wish the MP gripped me more. GAF games were great fun but the lag and various other bullshit turned me off massively.

Plus i've adopted a pair of KITTONZ and they are a handful to look after, so I'm barely willing to go online ;p

Gyrian

jett said:
fuck yeah, even got some gaf games going on!

You were building up some smooth rage by the time I signed off, haha.

Loads of fun; one of the best games I've had the pleasure of playing, combined with some of the finest people to go with and against. :]

Is this real?

Named the Siege Expansion Pack, the new DLC features the first add-on co-op game type (“Siege”), in addition to 2 new multiplayer maps, 6 new skins, and 11 new trophies.

Co-op Game Type

Siege
Pits 2 or 3 players against the AI.
Objective: capture and hold the territory against the waves of increasingly difficult AI adversaries. All players must be in the territory to capture it, so it’s a constant battle to keep the AI from assaulting the player’s position.
Players compete in one territory per round and the territory changes location every round.

2 Multiplayer Maps

The Highrise
Towering over the streets of Nepal, The Highrise is a map with plenty of opportunities for players to get the high ground on their opponents. Set on a series of destroyed and under-construction buildings, players need to be on their toes as there are many different jump locations and paths around the map. Players should also watch out for the incoming airstrikes, as they can clear the rooftops in seconds.

The Museum
Set at dusk amongst the courtyards and display cases at the site of Drake and Flynn’s heist, The Museum provides players with a mix of intense gameplay covering traversing across rooftops, dodging gunfire through twisting corridors, and close quarters fighting. Players need to watch their backs as there are numerous flank routes in all parts of this circular map. Players should also learn the secret climbing routes that will allow them to get the drop on their opponents.

6 Skins

Wetsuit Drake
Baseball Shirt Drake
Prakoso
Platzor
Glowzor
Dead Explorer

11 Trophies – 180 Trophy Points

Bronze
You Can’t Break Me – Complete all 3 co-op objective maps on Crushing
Under Siege – Finish Wave 10 in 1 Siege game
Speedy – Get 10 First! Medals
I’ll Cover You – Get 50 Defender Medals
Fallen Angel – Get 50 Afterlife Medals
Not So Fast – Get 20 “Shut’em Down Medals
Jack of All Trades – Get 15 Triple Threat Medals
You Run, I’ll Shoot – Get 10 Protectorate Medals
Back At Ya – Get 50 Retaliation Medals
Kneel Before Z… – Get 5 Put-em Down Medals

Silver
Rock a Rhyme – Get 100 Tricky Medals

Source

I like the sound of that! Nice!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Siege sounds awesome! IGN has the full press release, looks like it comes out in 2 weeks (the 22nd) :D

2rr56px.jpg
zyhj4x.jpg
9t0dv9.jpg
2py9nxl.jpg
35k7qc1.jpg
154bomo.jpg

uncharted-2-among-thieves-20100409091515463.jpg

uncharted-2-among-thieves-20100409091509869.jpg

uncharted-2-among-thieves-20100409091518947.jpg

uncharted-2-among-thieves-20100409091549602.jpg

uncharted-2-among-thieves-20100409091524572.jpg

uncharted-2-among-thieves-20100409091540259.jpg

Gyrian

Holy Awesome! I knew we were missing a Museum-based map.
Can't wait to see some pictures. Also, who in the hell might Glowzor and Platzor be?

More importantly, what happened to Winter Sully?

I finally got to Wave 10 in survival with a couple of randoms, still got to do Gold Rush and hard runs on objective. The DLC sounds great, it's a pity that I'm back to uni in a couple of weeks and I've got tests coming up.

Also, I had a possible idea for Uncharted 3. They could have randomly generated loot instead of just generic treasures in co-op. The treasures could have different values and rarities and you would be able to view what treasures you've collected as well as allowing other people to view your collection (it could be limited to just friends).

EDIT From the IGN article comments:

why would i buy this crap if they never even used the last map pack for online? thats stupid. I never got in a match with the new maps. F this shit.

I bet he's got the matchmaking in his profile set to default.:lol

Treb

:O New DLC sounds awesome! Hopefully it's cheap.

Edit: Yeah, not too excited about more skeleton skins, but Siege mode and the new map looks great!

Gyrian

Ah, crap, not two more skeletons. :s
Everything else looks damn promising.
Waiting for NDI to toss these images in their Flickr account.

aristotle

hmmm...it seems I missed getting into the online games in this one. I'm replaying my way through the SP to get the trophies I missed now. I think I may try and catch some of you on tonight and get a few games going. I already have alot of the MP gaffers in here on my friends list. :D

TripOpt55

Wow the new maps look amazing. Can't wait for those.

Unfortunately I still haven't gotten my email with the Eye of Indra skins :( Anything I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom