• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikyfree

Jaroof said:
So I found a Uncharted 2 shirt while I was in Hot Topic...
Do go on...

Also, My name is no longer Qlaahrqueh. You will refer to me as Guy (pronounced "Gh eee")
Buttersnaps upon my return. Say it and bask in its awesomeness. Guy Buttersnaps!

Kittonwy

Banned
GG ppl.
Indifferent2.gif

Jaroof

Rewrite said:
You got it, didn't you?

Well, ya see, it's pretty funny because I---

Yeah, I got it.

Also, gg to qlaarqueh (guy buttersnaps), somnium, and vsrobot..
Even though I was still playin kinda bad.. lol
Had one good day like two days ago, now I just stank.

GGs guyz. Was fun playing with GAFers I haven't played with in a while.

Same old problems are still there though. It's just not as fun for me as it used to be. I'll be playing tomorrow too, see if we can get a GAF match going.:D

FerranMG

I have Uncharted 1 and 2 on my shelve.

I have not played Uncharted 1 nor 2.

I have a lot of games to play and limited time to do so.

Question is: is it really worth to play both games, or I can just play #2 and go "ok Uncharted 1 is gonna be the same but a little worse in every aspect" and never look back?

(in fact, I once started Uncharted 1, got to the submarine place very early in the game, and left it there because my brother's ps3 hunged every single time I tried to reach the sub, so I got super mad and started playing inFaumous.)

How much do you guys think the next DLC will be?

Since it's four new maps and five new skins, hope it won't be expensive like the Stimulus Pack for MW2...what am I saying, this is Naughty Dog not Activision!

I'm sure it'll be reasonably priced! :D

I'm guessing about $6.99. Unlike Craptivision and $15 map packs.

Ikkarus

FerranMG said:
I have Uncharted 1 and 2 on my shelve.

I have not played Uncharted 1 nor 2.

I have a lot of games to play and limited time to do so.

Question is: is it really worth to play both games, or I can just play #2 and go "ok Uncharted 1 is gonna be the same but a little worse in every aspect" and never look back?

(in fact, I once started Uncharted 1, got to the submarine place very early in the game, and left it there because my brother's ps3 hunged every single time I tried to reach the sub, so I got super mad and started playing inFaumous.)

Uncharted 1 is still a fantastic game to be fair. Not to mention you get more Sully time than the sequel.

My advice would be to start with 1, if you wanted to hit up multiplayer then sure go for Uncharted 2 but otherwise tackle them chronologically.

GG last night.

Som is so bad, he was worse than me in some matches.

I had no idea Rickyfree = Clarkehh

P.S.
No one should feel bad about Gaia.

jett

D-Member
One thing I don't get is how come the winning team doesn't get anything? Like in KZ2 you get double the amount of points...

Salz01

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
How much do you guys think the next DLC will be?

Since it's four new maps and five new skins, hope it won't be expensive like the Stimulus Pack for MW2...what am I saying, this is Naughty Dog not Activision!

I'm sure it'll be reasonably priced! :D

I'm guessing about $6.99. Unlike Craptivision and $15 map packs.

Is this even confirmed? That there is a new map pack coming soon?

Yeef

No, you don't get anything for winning other than the satisfaction of being superior. There are some medals that require you to get though (That Was Embarassing, for example).

I'm not sure how I'd feel about a win multiplier. During the beta I thought it'd be a good idea, but I think it'd just lead to even more farming in plunder matches.

Levi

Banned
Holy BALLS the spawns are so bad!!

Guess that is what happens when you constantly rebalance a game post-launch--tons of unintended consequences. I wish they hadn't tucked with it to begin with, and we wouldn't have new terrible flaws introduced after every "fix".

However, I do have to say that after taking ~month or so off, the health doesn't bother me anymore. With fresh eyes, it doesn't feel so bad. Helps they nerfed the FAL. (The FAL being OP yet another unintended consequence).

Wish they'd nerf Sit. Awareness or give it a cooldown period or something. There never used to be this many campers. :mad:

PS GOW2 > GOW3 (and DMC beats them both!)

Rikyfree

Yeef said:
No, you don't get anything for winning other than the satisfaction of being superior. There are some medals that require you to get though (That Was Embarassing, for example).

I'm not sure how I'd feel about a win multiplier. During the beta I thought it'd be a good idea, but I think it'd just lead to even more farming in plunder matches.

Easy fix for that- multiplier goes away after 8 minutes.

Edit: Make that 10.

Yeef

Rikyfree said:
Easy fix for that- multiplier goes away after 8 minutes.
I was actually thinking of that. Something like the multiplier in Gold Rush where it slowly drains over time. The longer you take to win the lower the bonus. It could be added to every mode and I'd probably be happy with it.

Kos Luftar said:
GG last night.

Som is so bad, he was worse than me in some matches.

I had no idea Rickyfree = Clarkehh

P.S.
No one should feel bad about Gaia.
You think that was bad you should have seen me after you left. Played even worse. :/ Also...
STFU!

Yeef

I may or may not play tonight. It all depends on whether or not I want to play tonight. If I want to play tonight I will play, but if I don't want to play tonight then I probably won't play.

Yeef said:
I may or may not play tonight. It all depends on whether or not I want to play tonight. If I want to play tonight I will play, but if I don't want to play tonight then I probably won't play.

You are so committed to the cause.

I'll try to play some later tonight. Kinda disgusted with the MP though.

Spawn points have become absolutely ridiculous. Makes plunder almost unplayable with people constantly spawning in or base,extending the length of a game that should have been over ten minutes ago. The other modes are just as bad.

TripOpt55

I finally got to level 50. Should be slow going from here though. I also got to play the Ice Cave after having not played it for a while and the spawn issues are still bad. Was hoping they may have gotten better when they adjusted them. Also, still think the Plaza really needs work on the spawns, but I think I said that earlier in the thread.

GGs tonight guyz. No GAF game again today though. :/ Really want to love this game again but I can't do it. Hoping UC3 MP will hit the sweet spot again.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Whoa, so I just played this for this first time since the new Battlefield came out.
I like everything about the new patch (gimped 'nades, YAY), except for the spawning.
I'm sure that you guys have drivin this issue into the ground but what the hell happened...
It was fine before, now I'm spawning in front of enemies, in the middle of the battle field or the enemies are spawning right in front of me. It was really bad on the Fort level, before you'd always spawn on the side with your team but I just spawned on the same side as the enemy team and got gunned down instantly.

It feels so random, it was fine before....

Kittonwy

Banned
GG tonight. Not sure I'll be able to move on to another game, especially 3rd person, this game does so many things right that other games just don't get, especially in SP.
Indifferent2.gif

Jaroof

Kittonwy said:
GG tonight. Not sure I'll be able to move on to another game, especially 3rd person, this game does so many things right that other games just don't get, especially in SP.
Indifferent2.gif

:'(

Couldn't have said it better myself.
And yeah, gg.

Jaroof

Aaauuugh!!!
Almost did the Sanctuary coop back-to-back..
The stupid M32 guys at the end are pretty much the only problem.
Gonna try again tomorrow....errr later today.

Levi

Banned
Very frustrated that twice I quit the game I was playing to accept GAF invites only to be left waiting in the lobby or have my spot given away while I'm physically taking the game I was having fun with out of my tray and putting in UC2 so I could sit in the MP lobby and watch you guys play without me, which was totally worth losing all my progress in Bayonetta to do.

mr_nothin

Banned
Snuggler said:
Whoa, so I just played this for this first time since the new Battlefield came out.
I like everything about the new patch (gimped 'nades, YAY), except for the spawning.
I'm sure that you guys have drivin this issue into the group but what the hell happened...
It was fine before, now I'm spawning in front of enemies, in the middle of the battle field or the enemies are spawning right in front of me. It was really bad on the Fort level, before you'd always spawn on the side with your team but I just spawned on the same side as the enemy team and got gunned down instantly.

It feels so random, it was fine before....
I warned everybody back during the experimental weekend. I WARNED YOU ALL!!! Yall (im from the south) didnt want to believe me but it happened! I explained why I thought it was happening too (increased deaths overloading the game's spawning system). Gimme back the original UC2 setup got dammit!

I love the game and the multiplayer is fun but it takes so many bullets just to kill someone! Gets me so frustrated!

Any tips on how to kill more effectively? The crosshairs is tough to aim with and I get so pissed everytime I pump a full magazine on a guy right in front of me but they kill me with a handgun or a melee attack!

Fun game though. Love it but...kind of hate it sometimes, LOL!

Dementia

VsRobot said:
Very frustrated that twice I quit the game I was playing to accept GAF invites only to be left waiting in the lobby or have my spot given away while I'm physically taking the game I was having fun with out of my tray and putting in UC2 so I could sit in the MP lobby and watch you guys play without me, which was totally worth losing all my progress in Bayonetta to do.
PS3s don't have a disk tray.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I love the game and the multiplayer is fun but it takes so many bullets just to kill someone! Gets me so frustrated!
Yeah, no. no no no no no.
If it takes you too long to kill someone it's probably because you have shitty aim, or are lagging a lot. Player health has already been reduced significantly by patches, unfortunately.

Ikkarus

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Any tips on how to kill more effectively? The crosshairs is tough to aim with and I get so pissed everytime I pump a full magazine on a guy right in front of me but they kill me with a handgun or a melee attack!

Aim for the top half of the body when firing, also if accuracy is an issue for you either swith to DTI booster or go for the M4 rifle or failing that switch to your pistol as the rectile remains constant with handguns and it doesn't take much for your opponent to fall.

mr_nothin

Banned
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:

Fun game though. Love it but...kind of hate it sometimes, LOL!
:|
Get that crap out of here, it's 1 of the reasons why there's so much back n forth going on in the multiplayer now...with all of the patches and changes.

Tips for killing for effectively:
-Shoot in bursts and dont just hold down the trigger unless they're really close
-Use the "Down The Irons" booster which will allow you to pretty much let loose (even thougth I hate that booster)
-Dont always rely on just shooting

Other than that, just learn to aim better. (not trying to be funny)

VsRobot said:
You can blame Kittonwy for one of them.:p
Dementia said:
PS3s don't have a disk tray.
:lol

Well, I just started so I don't have many boosters at the moment!

Maybe I really am a bad aim, I don't know. I usually always play first person shooters and it's pretty tough adjusting to third-person.

It seems like it take me forever to kill someone, but according to you guys, maybe I'm just a bad aim.

I'll keep playing and learn the ropes. Like I said, I love the game and multiplayer is great fun...just a little tough since I just started!

VsRobot said:

:lol :lol cry moar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom