• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

Kittonwy said:
When u guyz play? I checked when I got home but I didn't see anyone playin. ;_;

Indifferent2.gif
We had an impromptu session around 10ish eastern time. It only last for like 5 or so matches.

Just need Survivor + 200 Kill GAU-19 trophies for my Platinum. Must get Drake's Fortune Platinum after this, along with getting back to U2 multiplayer.

I have a question about the 200 kill with GAU trophy. If I start a random chapter (ie. the dig) and I kill everyone in it with GAU, than I load another chapter, will the death count go to 0 everytime I load a new chapter?

TripOpt55

I think the spawns in the Plaza could use some work. They didn't seem to be worked on according to the last update. Also, I feel like the Fort is worse now. It just seems like everyone gathers in the crypts and it gets really messy. I guess that means there is less camping on the top, but it feels like the whole map isn't used as much. But I only played the map a few times since I started playing multi again this week so maybe it wasn't a big enough sample set. Anyone else have any thoughts about these maps of late.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Kos Luftar said:
Time to get one for Drake's Fortune.
I finally got it the other day and let me tell you, it felt so GOOD getting that final trophy I was missing which was beating it in Crushing. I died so many fucking times, but damn I'm proud that I managed to beat it.

Rengoku

For anyone interested, the softcover Uncharted 2 Artbook is now available on Amazon for preorder, its still $65, but at least its free shipping.

Rengoku said:
For anyone interested, the softcover Uncharted 2 Artbook is now available on Amazon for preorder, its still $65, but at least its free shipping.

Wow I guess I will be saving this to buy for myself during Christmas time or something, its a bit on the upper price end I think. Though I cant really see it selling out.

Rewrite said:
I finally got it the other day and let me tell you, it felt so GOOD getting that final trophy I was missing which was beating it in Crushing. I died so many fucking times, but damn I'm proud that I managed to beat it.

I probably should start crushing mode for DF right away since I just beat 2 in crushing yesterday. I still need to get 10 treasures in DF.

Melfice7

hey ND instead of keep changing the hitpoints and fire rate of weapons how about fixing the fucking off maps glitches, just found out 2 more, playing against some assholes on temple.. on every single map theres bastards glitching their way through.. this game is broken atm

edit: right now im watching another motherfucker cheating on sanctuary .. ffs

Psyclone

Silly question? Finished UC2, and still enjoying the multiplayer, how does drake's fortune compare to UC2? Is it worth getting as well? Be gentle, and sorry if this has been discussed previously! :D

Yeef

Psyclone said:
Silly question? Finished UC2, and still enjoying the multiplayer, how does drake's fortune compare to UC2? Is it worth getting as well? Be gentle, and sorry if this has been discussed previously! :D
Story-wise Drake's Fortune sticks to only two major locations (the first basically a tutorial and the other for the bulk of the game). There's no globe-trotting, but it's got a lot more Sully which is wonderful.

As far as gameplay is concerned there a couple of small differences with the controls (grenades have to be quipped rather than having their own buttons and are aimed by tilting the controller. there are some segments where you need to use the sixaxis to balance Drake out). The game is more challenging than UC2. Much more of the cover is destructible so you have to stay on the move more and more of the encounters are of the arena sort, so you have to watch that enemies don't start spawning behind you.

Hung Wei Lo

recklessmind said:
I'm stuck on
the last boss
and completely fucking annoyed.

I just got the Platinum on this bad boy the other day after a long layoff, with only Crushing, 200 kills with the GAU19 and Steelfist. After multiple deaths, and while searching for a guide on this, did it on my last attempt. Anyhow, here's a "cheap" method that I came across: (depending on your level of frustration :p)

right off the bat head left and you'll see a raised platform. Hang off of it and shimmy over to the other side and Lazarevic will climb on top. Keep shimmying back and forth to avoid his shotgun blasts and kind of lure him from side to side. When he drops down to either side, you'll notice some sap there..shoot, rinse, repeat - there's a youtube of it somewhere as well

good luck!
though it's MUCH more satisfying doing it legitimately

Just had time to finish this game yesterday and it was pretty damn good. The boss battle was easy as fuck also. I knew what I needed to do that second, and it took me only 2 tries on Hard. Started Crushing this morning..

arne

Melfice7 said:
hey ND instead of keep changing the hitpoints and fire rate of weapons how about fixing the fucking off maps glitches, just found out 2 more, playing against some assholes on temple.. on every single map theres bastards glitching their way through.. this game is broken atm

edit: right now im watching another motherfucker cheating on sanctuary .. ffs

we have already plugged up many spots for exploits. doesn't stop glitchers from trying to find and finding new ones. it's a constant battle. there'll be some relief from some things, mainly the ability to "walk on air" to get to out of map locations in our next patch. hopefully that will help a little. but we take this very seriously. it's a challenging battle against who knows how many who are hammering at our maps and gameplay to find exploits.

also, i've been a bit MIA in the past week gearing up for and going to PAX East -- anybody who happened to be in our panel, I gave a gaf shoutout with a few claps, but I don't think I got to meet anyone who at least pointed out who they were on gaf. sad!

anyhow, we're still discussing and working on spawn points. I know all of this discussion here and elsewhere has been incredibly helpful.

I also didn't know BleachEX wasn't approved, weird.

Foob

i just saw someone with the naughtydog logo next to their username - I'm guessing that means they work for ND or something?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
arne said:
I gave a gaf shoutout with a few claps, but I don't think I got to meet anyone who at least pointed out who they were on gaf. sad!
Really? I figured since some GAFfers were attending, you would have met with some of them. How sad! :(

arne

Rewrite said:
Really? I figured since some GAFfers were attending, you would have met with some of them. How sad! :(

yeah me too! I know that I was seated in front of lik at one panel and neojubei was around. sad!

Massa

Yeef said:
game is more challenging than UC2. Much more of the cover is destructible so you have to stay on the move more and more of the encounters are of the arena sort, so you have to watch that enemies don't start spawning behind you.

I felt that Drake's Fortune had much more of that style of combat where you had freedom to move around and take out enemies while U2 was heavily scripted most of the time.

Yeef

Hey arne, how are the new digs treating you guys?

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I just realized that Emily Rose (Elena) got the lead in the new Stephen King tv series "Haven". That's pretty awesome for her. I hope she still has time to return to Uncharted 3 though.

http://io9.com/5464597/syfys-haven-finds-its-leading-lady

I'm definitely tuning in because... it's Stephen King and Emily Rose. If this old news though, then... sorry.
Definitely going to check that out.

arne said:
w
also, i've been a bit MIA in the past week gearing up for and going to PAX East -- anybody who happened to be in our panel, I gave a gaf shoutout with a few claps, but I don't think I got to meet anyone who at least pointed out who they were on gaf. sad!

Well I was aiming to go, even had ticket and was definitely going to try to make it to the panel there, but I had a grad school interview the day of PAX. I had urged my roommates to try to go to it, lol but I think they didnt make it to the panel in time :(

Darn. And its nice to see people from ND playing UC2 again. Should do a weekend when the people from ND are playing :p just a suggestion.

TripOpt55

Finally got a chance to play Facility again after my break from the multi and the spawns feel much better. I didn't run into any people spawning right behind me like I was before and it didn't turn into one big shootout at the end of the lower level with the table with the M4 on it. That's waht seemed to be happening before.

Oh and yeah I miss the double-cash weekends. When was the last time we had one of those?

TripOpt55 said:
Finally got a chance to play Facility again after my break from the multi and the spawns feel much better. I didn't run into any people spawning right behind me like I was before and it didn't turn into one big shootout at the end of the lower level with the table with the M4 on it. That's waht seemed to be happening before.

Oh and yeah I miss the double-cash weekends. When was the last time we had one of those?

Its been so long ago that I cant even remember. Anyway, doing a googly search it says Christmas Even through New Years was one.

Banned
hey guys, I just purchased the multiplayer pack but the trophies are still locked.

also, when i log in, i still get the message that says "we noticed you don't have a DLC Map Pack, do you wanna goto the store, etc etc."

I go to the store and it's empty! before and after I bought and installed the map pack.

anyone know why?

I'm gonna re-download and see.

edit: reinstalled, same story.

00011000 said:
hey guys, I just purchased the multiplayer pack but the trophies are still locked.

also, when i log in, i still get the message that says "we noticed you don't have a DLC Map Pack, do you wanna goto the store, etc etc."

I go to the store and it's empty! before and after I bought and installed the map pack.

anyone know why?

I'm gonna re-download and see.

edit: reinstalled, same story.

That's odd, especially since you reinstalled.

andycapps

Naughty Dog needs to run a sale on the map pack via the Spring Break deal on PSN. Mostly because I know there are many people like me out there that will buy something just because it's half off, even if I'm not really interested in it. I am actually interested in the map pack, at some point anyway. Once I get caught up on my backlog and being addicted to Left 4 Dead 2, I may be back.

So they're selling the Eye of Indra Bundle on the North American stores, and the Rika and Pinkterton skins come with it. But what about the people who already bought the episodes? They don't get the skins? Kind of lame if you ask me.

Crewnh said:
So they're selling the Eye of Indra Bundle on the North American stores, and the Rika and Pinkterton skins come with it. But what about the people who already bought the episodes? They don't get the skins? Kind of lame if you ask me.

I think their blog post update about this said if you had them then you would be sent a code to download them via email, I think

Dedication Through Light said:
I think their blog post update about this said if you had them then you would be sent a code to download them via email, I think
Oh okay. Then that's great. Naughty Dog continues to prove their awesomeness. :lol

cabottemp

Banned
hadn't really played this since like, a week or two after it launched, just got done playing a few rounds of multiplayer with a buddy of mine, and holy shit this game is fun! can't believe i've been sitting on this for so long.

Psyclone said:

Is the demo still available on PSN? If so you should definitely try it before you buy. The shooting feels much worse in my opinion, as do the grenades (gimmicky sixaxis implementation doesn't help). Also, much of the game is a tedious parade of bullet sponges - wave after wave of them, taking bullet after bullet to their tanktop-covered chests, wiggling after each hit to avoid your next shot. It's the opposite of fun. Also, there are a couple of pretty terrible jet ski sequences. Now if this sounds too harsh, it is. The game is actually OK. Everything except the gameplay is great. But it really isn't worth your time and money, especially since you've been spoiled by the masterpiece of a sequel.

Well, finally got a PS3. I'm hoping to get Uncharted 2 tomorrow but I had one question.

I didn't want to make a thread about this so if anyone can answer this I'd appreciate it.

It's a noob question, but can I use my 360 ethernet cable with my PS3? I'm sure I can but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

Rich Uncle Skeleton said:
Is the demo still available on PSN? If so you should definitely try it before you buy. The shooting feels much worse in my opinion, as do the grenades (gimmicky sixaxis implementation doesn't help). Also, much of the game is a tedious parade of bullet sponges - wave after wave of them, taking bullet after bullet to their tanktop-covered chests, wiggling after each hit to avoid your next shot. It's the opposite of fun. Also, there are a couple of pretty terrible jet ski sequences. Now if this sounds too harsh, it is. The game is actually OK. Everything except the gameplay is great. But it really isn't worth your time and money, especially since you've been spoiled by the masterpiece of a sequel.

I think Drake's Fortune is a masterpiece. I've beaten the game 4 times and I can still play it some more. In some ways it's better than U2.

I think the shooting is much better in DF and I loved the jetskii/jeep sections. If your good enough, you won't need "bullet after bullet", one head shot and bam they are gone. But People have different opinions I guess.

I would say do not miss out on Drakes Fortune. Plus its only 30$.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Well, finally got a PS3. I'm hoping to get Uncharted 2 tomorrow but I had one question.

I didn't want to make a thread about this so if anyone can answer this I'd appreciate it.

It's a noob question, but can I use my 360 ethernet cable with my PS3? I'm sure I can but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

Yes, I'm actually doing that right now =p

ghostofsparta said:
Yes, I'm actually doing that right now =p
So I guess it doesn't matter since ethernet cables are universal.

I feel stupid asking, but just got the system and you know how paranoia kicks in even though it's unreasonable paranoia!

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
So I guess it doesn't matter since ethernet cables are universal.

I feel stupid asking, but just got the system and you know how paranoia kicks in even though it's unreasonable paranoia!

Yes correct!

I know how you feel, i always go through that when I buy something expensive.

If I buy a new ipod id probably ask "This works with itunes right?".

HYDE

Banned
Hey Arne, do you have any sales data, etc... for the original Uncharted: Drake's Fortune since the launch of 2? Just curious to see how much the sequel helped to sell the prequel. I remember when I went to buy the 1st one, the guy at gamestop said what's that? Oh, and he said, "Is it on XBox 360?" I said nothing, tossed over several magazine racks and was the only one who bought it the day it came out I think.

ghostofsparta said:
I think Drake's Fortune is a masterpiece. I've beaten the game 4 times and I can still play it some more. In some ways it's better than U2.

I think the shooting is much better in DF and I loved the jetskii/jeep sections. If your good enough, you won't need "bullet after bullet", one head shot and bam they are gone. But People have different opinions I guess.

I would say do not miss out on Drakes Fortune. Plus its only 30$.

Everything else here is totally subjective I guess (though I never would've imagined someone was able to squeeze some enjoyment out of those jet ski portions), but the bolded is just silly. I shouldn't have to headshot my way through the game. I mean, hell, by your logic let's just make all the dozens of grunt enemies you fight in a single area be completely invincible in every body part except their heads. After all, if you're good enough....

One more question about muting players while playing online.

On the 360, there's a universal system option where I can mute everyone but my friends. I can't seem to find this on the PS3 systems option. Does it have something like this?

I know in Uncharted 2 I have to mute players individually, but that's a pain. Is there a way I can mute everyone except maybe friends playing like the 360?

I hate hearing people talking through my TV. It's so annoying!

Thanks.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
I'm about 3/4 of the way through UC2 (after completing UC1) and a few things annoy me:

* I've heard Drake referred to as an "everyman". Why? He's far from one, particularly with his capacity to absorb tremendous damage (and quickly regenerate it, of course) and his inhuman skills. Is it because he grunts with pain once in a while?

* Most of the characters--particularly the villains--are one-dimensional. It's cool that UC2 is trying to emulate a Hollywood movie, but did the writers really have to emulate as many boring cliches as they did?

* The puzzles aren't really puzzles, because they don't actually require any thinking.

LQX

Chairman Yang said:
I'm about 3/4 of the way through UC2 (after completing UC1) and a few things annoy me:

* I've heard Drake referred to as an "everyman". Why? He's far from one, particularly with his capacity to absorb tremendous damage (and quickly regenerate it, of course) and his inhuman skills. Is it because he grunts with pain once in a while?

* Most of the characters--particularly the villains--are one-dimensional. It's cool that UC2 is trying to emulate a Hollywood movie, but did the writers really have to emulate as many boring cliches as they did?

* The puzzles aren't really puzzles, because they don't actually require any thinking.

Are you enjoying the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom