• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salz01

Like the DLC. Just wish they had more outfits that revolved around Chloe/ Elena. But thats nit picking... Or having those Furry Warriors from the end on Steroids.

I hope the POOL is still in the highrise one! lol

The museum, should have seen that one coming, I loved that place in the story.

I think this just about covers every location in the game (except the courtyard with the trains, chapter 13ish I think?). Actually I guess theres still that location and then the forest location where we had to set off the detonators in the camp.

Cant wait to buy this one, $7.99 again right?

Lince

Banned
ok I understand Nathan finds a lot of skeletons exploring around... but they look completely off in the multiplayer, I almost prefer seeing Cole or the Helghast soldier running around the maps than the silly skeletons.

Interstellar

Neo Member
Looks like the best DLC maps yet.

121vo7c.jpg

The lighting has been changed on the museum level.

wtg4ft.jpg

Highrise looks awesome too with lots of vertical levels to climb.

Wowbagger

Platzor and Glowzor? Are you serious? Are we gonna get Lavazor and Aquazor in the next DLC?

How about an option to bring back the charm the game had when everyone were running around as characters with personality, who said funny shit and felt like they belonged in the U2 universe. You were off to such an excellent start with the Rika and Pinkerton pack. These days, it's hard to find a game where half the players aren't running around using either a skeleton or hero skin -- they're silent, it's like a free third booster!

I'd pay good money for a multiplayer option that would replace all skeleton and hero skins with random non-mute characters.

M3Freak

Banned
I'll be getting this new DLC for sure. I haven't been able to play a lot of U2 multi, but damn is it fun when I do. More co-op would definitely be great.

Cool new maps! I think it'll be the first set of two map packs, totaling to maybe four new maps. I remember IGN saying the third DLC will have four maps.

Did Naughty Dog break it up to two DLC packs and will probably sell it in a bundle later?

I don't mind.

And like someone mentioned, I'd like more outfits for Elena and Chloie too.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What I would really like is the ability to use the skins in the co-op modes. Seriously, why can't we use them? :( That's why I don't buy skins, only the maps. I'd understand the skins not working for the co-op story like modes, but why not for Survival/Gold Rush?

Like the look of the maps but... I can already imagine the horror the spawns will be in unfamiliar territory.

Don't really like the skins. More Drake, really? And i don't have anything against the skeletons in the game(i actually like that their silent) but we have enough. What about including rika and that old guy. Or better yet how about enabling us to use the SP skins for MP. Mummified Francis Drake from the 1st game would have been nice.

Thanks to the advice to those who helped me out, I think I'm getting better at the game during online play.

I'm getting more kills, getting used to it more, and I'm ranking up fast!

It's funny because sometimes I play with guys that are like Level 25, 36, and even 40+ guys and I'm getting more kills and I'm only level 10! :lol

Some guys are just really good though. I can't even kill them!

Fun game. I think it's my second favorite multiplayer game, first going to Bad Company 2 of course!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
thaOwner said:
Can I still get the skins if i buy all the comic episodes today ?
Yeah, the new bundle in the store includes the skins. The voucher codes sent out were for all the people who bought episodes 2, 3, & 4 separately because of the SCEA fuckup.

:O

New amazing looking maps. New skins. New siege co-op mode. $6. April 22. :O Yeah, well, I'm going to be buying that for sure. Wouldn't miss that for the world. Thank you Naughty Dog for being so awesome. :D

Dementia

How about a new multiplayer gameplay mode where everyone has body armor giving them 25% more health.

Make it happen Naughty Dog.

thaOwner

Killthee said:
Yeah, the new bundle in the store includes the skins. The voucher codes sent out were for all the people who bought episodes 2, 3, & 4 separately because of the SCEA fuckup.
Oh ok, but how can I obtain the skin for girl from the comics and that old dude in tux ?

Ikkarus

New DLC looks amazing.

I guess I will milk the last of the exclusive Baseball Drake outfit. My EU Special edition has served me well.

I need to get some serious play time on U2, still need to get the Hard co-op objective missions, too bad none of my friends play it anymore so I have to rely on randoms who usually play on easy or normal .D:

Gyrian

Wowbagger said:
Platzor and Glowzor? Are you serious? Are we gonna get Lavazor and Aquazor in the next DLC?

How about an option to bring back the charm the game had when everyone were running around as characters with personality, who said funny shit and felt like they belonged in the U2 universe. You were off to such an excellent start with the Rika and Pinkerton pack. These days, it's hard to find a game where half the players aren't running around using either a skeleton or hero skin -- they're silent, it's like a free third booster!

I'd pay good money for a multiplayer option that would replace all skeleton and hero skins with random non-mute characters.
I could not agree more with Mr. Bagger. :s
U2 online without Flynn's 'eeencoming' doesn't feel right. Some of the charm has gone.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
thaOwner said:
Oh ok, but how can I obtain the skin for girl from the comics and that old dude in tux ?
By purchasing the Eye of Indra bundle. The unlock file for the Rika and Pinkerton skins is bundled with the comics.

thaOwner

Killthee said:
By purchasing the Eye of Indra bundle. The unlock file for the Rika and Pinkerton skins is bundled with the comics.
Thank you. Buying it right now. Also really wanna play with some of you guys. Am tired of been placed in shitty teams.. :/

Rikyfree

Just noticed this from the naughty dog page that someone pointed out. If you look at the sanctuary pic for siege mode you will see drake using his wetsuit. This makes me think that a feature in the new title update coming soon (1.07) will have the ability to select co-op skins!

Here's said pic:
s60ygn.jpg

Levi

Banned
Confirmed by Arne in the blog post comments is the fact that the new trophies will not be retroactive. :p Just when I think I'm out...

Rikyfree said:
Just noticed this from the naughty dog page that someone pointed out. If you look at the sanctuary pic for siege mode you will see drake using his wetsuit. This makes me think that a feature in the new title update coming soon (1.07) will have the ability to select co-op skins!
OMG, if they finally enabled purchased skins in Co-op, I will be so happy. :D

womfalcs3

Banned
Rikyfree said:
I kinda think they should have released a free skin on opening day in celebration.

Hint: Baseball Drake

It'd be cool if Naughty Dog does what Media Molecule does with LBP.

Release free seasonal/time-appropriate skins for multiplayer on the PlayStation Store.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Rikyfree said:

Here's said pic:
http://i41.tinypic.com/s60ygn.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
OMG. Possible megaton news for me!! Please be true!

thaOwner said:
Also really wanna play with some of you guys. Am tired of been placed in shitty teams.. :/
It was cool playing with you today. :) When my friend got on, and then your friend, it got way awesome. Wish the game wouldn't have froze on you, though. So, yeah, Uncharted 2 is most likely going to be the online game that I play frequently, so if you ever want to join a game with me, just message me. I'm going to be shitty sometimes, though, especially against level X players. I don't think I will ever be that good, haha.

And... I'm still way excited about the new maps. I can't wait to play them both. :D

Finally got Down the Irons booster.

So what's the difference? It just seems like the zoom is slightly closer but not by much.

I guess it helps aiming a little bit. I was expecting something different though.

Dementia

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:

So what's the difference? It just seems like the zoom is slightly closer but not by much.

I guess it helps aiming a little bit. I was expecting something different though.
It ionizes your bullets so they are magnetically attracted to any enemy in the vicinity of your crosshairs.

jett

D-Member
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:

It's really not as bad/good as people say. Frankly the effect of DTI is minimal for me.

aristotle

Maybe someone in here can help me out. For some reason U2 Mp (competitive) is almost unplayable for me. It pauses/lags for me constantly. I see things happening around me but my player can't move at all. I can play co-op just fine though for some reason. I can play any other MP game with no issues whatsoever (KZ2, Burnout Paradise, CoD 4,5,6, etc.). I'm using wireless as well. Maybe that's it? I for the life of me can't figure out why it only does it on this game and only in one game mode.

Jme

Anyone else been having CONSTANT connection error problems the past few days? I can barely make it through 3 full matches per hour. It's getting pretty ridiculous...

Kind of getting back into U2 after going through the various single player games this year so far (GoW, XIII, etc)..

Notice they have that DLC, which I bought. I'm a bit disoriented at the new levels (of course), but I'm liking them so far. Anyone still play semi regularly? Looking to start dropping time into it again. Love co op or any objective/competitive modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom