• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

elohel said:
wait so what are the reasons for some people really wanting the old UC2 multi back?

just curious, lttt(late to the thread lol)
You had more health which meant it took more than just getting the jump on someone to get kills since skilled players could out-maneuver attackers and turn it around. It was also harder to camp again because of the ability to use cover and traversal to get close to people that tried.

Now players have a lot less health which makes climbing and running and gunning less viable. If someone gets the drop on you you're dead before you get the opportunity to react. So more people camp. It's not terrible in deathmatch, but it's made the objective modes much, much worse.

Don't misunderstand, there were issues before the 1.05 (the patch that brought most of the changes). Down the Irons was insanely overpowered. Last minute grenades were EXTREMELY common and annoying and I'm sure there's some other things that I didn't like that I can't remember, but overall the game was a lot more interesting and varied.

KanZolo said:
I think fixed spawns, more health, no glitchers.
The spawns were fine up until 1.06 and there have been glitches since the beta.

Irish

Yeef said:
Don't misunderstand, there were issues before the 1.05 (the patch that brought most of the changes). Down the Irons was insanely overpowered. Last minute grenades were EXTREMELY common and annoying and I'm sure there's some other things that I didn't like that I can't remember, but overall the game was a lot more interesting and varied.

DtI was the only real problem and it was due to it's 'side-effects' more than it's accuracy boost.

Sure, people would always throw grenades at their feet when they died, but how often did you die from them when they weren't from me? :p Enemy grenades rarely killed me, but TK 'Nades were a big problem. :(

Yeef said:
You had more health which meant it took more than just getting the jump on someone to get kills since skilled players could out-maneuver attackers and turn it around. It was also harder to camp again because of the ability to use cover and traversal to get close to people that tried.

Now players have a lot less health which makes climbing and running and gunning less viable. If someone gets the drop on you you're dead before you get the opportunity to react. So more people camp. It's not terrible in deathmatch, but it's made the objective modes much, much worse.

The spawns were fine up until 1.06 and there have been glitches since the beta.

This is pretty much it. No matter what side of the fence you're on, there's no denying that the changes had these effects. Some people chose to pump up their online bravado and deal with it while others complained.

I'm in both camps. I bitched but I'm dealing.... but I would fucking love this game even more if it went back. I'm sick the BS.

Hopefully the developers somehow understand the importance of that little thing that makes this game so unique... ("traversal" is it called?). Right now, this game is pretty fucking boring as is. Running around with a trigger finger getting blind kills and avoiding campers. WOWFUN!!! I'VE NEVER PLAYED ANY OTHER MP GAME LIKE THAT!!!! [/Sarcasm]

Also... I still hate pressing circle to dodge only to stick to a wall and then trying to get off the wall and just spinning to a new one. Was embarrassed one game when I kept flip-flopping back and forth in front of a doorway in the middle of being fired at.

TripOpt55

I couldn't find a game for some reason :( Hopefully it'll be fine later. Looking forward to seeing how the spawns are. I'll be so happy if they fixed as I was worried how much enjoyment I would get out of the DLC as it was.

CozMick

Banned
Pre 1.06/Post 1.06 - Doesn't matter to me, I'm still having as much fun now as I did on the first day I bought the game, infact since the beta. :D

But, one thing..........Veiled booster fucking sucks!! :lol

Rikyfree

CozMick said:
Pre 1.06/Post 1.06 - Doesn't matter to me, I'm still having as much fun now as I did on the first day I bought the game, infact since the beta. :D

But, one thing..........Veiled booster fucking sucks!! :lol
Come get some booster owns all types of asses. It is by far the best negative booster imo. So awesome, barely hampers my play style, and I still earn 25k every 5 kills with it.

I think we should all thank Arne for the great works he's done thus far as CM. Sure most of us don't play as much anymore, but the constant feedback from ND, patches and so forth is very much welcome. It always amazes me when I come back to this thread and find Arne is discussing why certain changes were made that we may disagree with, but explaining nonetheless. Then jumping on issues that specific players are experiencing and seeing it through...

You guys have done a terrific job all around with Uncharted. Thank you!

Irish

Agreed, Crush. (I've been missing my lovely Canadian brother. Shagg's going to take your job full-time if you keep disappearing on me. Kitton is a cat, so he doesn't count.)

I can never hate a man who included me in a promotional video. :p

Melfice7

just had an ice cave death match and.... no respawn shenanigans
346vrqu_th.gif
i iz pleased

Played some Deathmatch games with patch 1.07. Me likey! :D I'm glad the spawns were fixed, the airwalk was fixed, AND the collision was fixed. That's exactly what I wanted from this patch, and it makes me very happy. I only saw one bad spawn in The Plaza, but that's just ONE compared to the numerous ones before. I'm pleased. I can't wait for the maps tomorrow. Thanks Arne and Naughty Dog for fixing up this game, and giving us cheap, and filled with greatness, DLC. *hugs Arne and Naughty Dog* :D

Kittonwy

Banned
Wowbagger said:
From the Naughty Dog blog:

Title Update 1.07 will be released worldwide today, April 21, 2010, at about 11:00 AM PDT / 6:00 PM GMT (what time is that in my city?). Some regions may receive the update slightly earlier or later than this time, but every region will receive Title Update 1.07 today.

Title Update 1.07 includes the following:
  • Players can now select a Hero skin through their online profile for Co-op Arena matches only
  • Additional spawn system changes to enhance spawn point update effectiveness
    [*]Gameplay changes to prevent “airwalk” exploit by players
    [*]Updates to map geometry collision detection to improve prevention of players attempting to leave normal multiplayer map boundaries

Good job ND.
Indifferent2.gif

Irish said:
Agreed, Crush. (I've been missing my lovely Canadian brother. Shagg's going to take your job full-time if you keep disappearing on me. Kitton is a cat, so he doesn't count.)

I can never hate a man who included me in a promotional video. :p
<3 Can't wait to play with you all again!

Wowbagger

Played about 20 DM's tonight and experienced just one or two spawn issues. Spawns have improved tremendously with 1.07. Great job, ND!

Now, if you'd only get rid of the built-in wallhack (aka Situational Awareness) and fix the three boosters exploit, then MP would be perfect. :)

Oh, btw, why just 11 trophies this time? 2 bronze equals a silver, right? So couldn't you make the Crushing trophy a silver and still be within the DLC limit?

Ah, well... marathon session tomorrow night! I hope the chatroom will be crowded.

Teknoman

I'll probably be up for it later on then.

Also people are back glitching already. Some guy named [BMK] Falcon was in a wall on my last match (Pistole/Sniper in that Submarine bay map whose name escapes me atm). Was on my team, but still...kept saying "Hey can you see me, i'm glitchin".

jett

D-Member
Wowbagger said:
Played about 20 DM's tonight and experienced just one or two spawn issues. Spawns have improved tremendously with 1.07. Great job, ND!

Now, if you'd only get rid of the built-in wallhack (aka Situational Awareness) and fix the three boosters exploit, then MP would be perfect. :)

Oh, btw, why just 11 trophies this time? 2 bronze equals a silver, right? So couldn't you make the Crushing trophy a silver and still be within the DLC limit?

Ah, well... marathon session tomorrow night! I hope the chatroom will be crowded.

what's this now?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
jett said:
what's this now?
There's a glitch that lets you equip three boosters at the same time. I've enabled it accidentally a couple of times by switching boosters at the last second possible before a match starts.

TripOpt55

I played a few matches and the spawns really did feel better. It froze up on me though and then I needed to get an update for the PS3 and I decided to come back to play later. So far so good though.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
reKon said:
Double Cash this weekend? Where does it say that? Looks like I'll have to play a little this weekend if I have time!
Arne's post over at the PS Blog.

Arne said:
To celebrate the release of the Siege Expansion Pack, this weekend marks the return of Double Cash Weekend!

Starts: Friday, April 23, 10:00 AM PDT
Ends: Monday, April 26, 10:00 AM PDT

Irish

Zen said:
That's good to know.

Only if we've somehow gone back in time. :p

Anyway, I had planned to get on tonight, but with an unfinished NCWC entry sitting in front of me and a rapidly approaching deadline, I don't think I'm going to make it. So, it looks like I'll be making my MP return with a fresh set of maps and skins.

So I just played my first MP since the game's launch.

Holy shit.

This is fun as ever, totally buying the new add on tomorrow as well as the existing MP bundle.

Yeef

Square Triangle said:
So I just played my first MP since the game's launch.

Holy shit.

This is fun as ever, totally buying the new add on tomorrow as well as the existing MP bundle.
Get someone with the GAF chat to send you an invite so you can play with GAF.

Once you go GAF you never go back.

Also, try to avoid playing with Guy Buttersnaps since he hogs all the kills.

So, I played loads of Deathmatch games today, and it's way more fun to play this game now. I had like one bad spawn in The Train Wreck, and I think another one but I don't remember. It wasn't enough for me to be frustrated, though, so I'm happy that the spawns are so good now. Haven't witnessed any glitchers yet, and hopefully I don't see them ever again. Gosh, the DLC is coming out tomorrow. So excited. :) When I was playing Deathmatch, I saw some people with the new skins, the Dead Explorer and the ultra white Skeleton. So coolies.

Rikyfree

Yeef said:
Get someone with the GAF chat to send you an invite so you can play with GAF.

Once you go GAF you never go back.

Also, try to avoid playing with Guy Buttersnaps since he hogs all the kills.
Blasphemy! You shall pay with your life*!!

*Said life is in digital form and not in the physical realm as such would constitute as murder, or in Yeef's case, a favor to all humanity.

I am Guy Buttersnaps and I approve this message.

If I could, I would change it, but I simply do not wish to go through getting all my trophies again and leveling up my guys again in any MP.

I remember an IGN article detailing the new content. Earlier, they said it was four new maps.

So does that mean tomorrow's pack is the first set of two DLC we're going to get? If so, hope they add more skins for Elena and Chloe!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So selectable co-op skins included in the update today!? Shit. Gotta get on ASAP to play some matches. ;D

And double cash weekend? Fuck. So good.

...And I have to update my PS3. :(

TripOpt55

Tonight was the most fun I had in while playing this. I remember when the spawns starting going haywire I said that if they could just clean them up I could deal with the new damage and most everything else in 1.06. But overtime I wasn't sure if that was it or not because I was just getting frustrated with the game so often. But with the spawns fixed it is so much more fun. Not the best it's been, but a lot of fun. I think I had one bad spawn issue on the Village maybe all night. Great stuff. I'm even more excited for tomorrow's DLC now.

Kittonwy

Banned
Rikyfree said:
Blasphemy! You shall pay with your life*!!

*Said life is in digital form and not in the physical realm as such would constitute as murder, or in Yeef's case, a favor to all humanity.

I am Guy Buttersnaps and I approve this message.

If I could, I would change it, but I simply do not wish to go through getting all my trophies again and leveling up my guys again in any MP.

You were raging tonight.
Indifferent2.gif

Levi

Banned
Playing late at night is for suckers--nothing but laggers and high-level assholes abusing the cheapest tactics in the game. So lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom