• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nothin

Banned
Zen said:
Because it wasn't perfect; lowering the health helped balance the game and to say otherwise is ignoring things like shotgun running, and the player population hasn't shrunk since the changes have been made, according to Arne. You might say 'I can't run around as much' but you still do tons of running, climbing, and jumping, if you aren't doing that it's your own playstyle not being up to snuff, not the fact that they've reduced health and reduced accuracy.
It was perfect! It was more of the "Timesplitters" type of fun and less of the "Modern Warefare" type of fun.

Also....why would you have to lower the health of everybody to fix shotgun running? Why not just simply tweak the way the shotgun works? They could have been working on things like: Fixing grenades, Tweaking Shotguns, etc instead of just lowering the health globally. When they did that...they had to go back and "fix" the game for the next 2-3 patches. That kind of shows that it was more of a knee-jerk reaction than something that was planned from the beginning or even for a few months.

The game is tolerable now (for us pre-1.05 lovers). It's a nice middle ground for pre-1.05 lovers and post-1.05 lovers. For me, it feels like the game is on easy mode. In 90% of the recent games I've played, in deathmatch, I score at least half of the 50 kills. I find myself comparing MY score to the score of the opposing TEAM.

Lince said:
a silly patch killed most of the community, basically changed the shooting mechanics overnight for no reason. They're backpedaling now, but the harm is already done.

Yet the numbers of players hasn't changed.

Zen

Banned
mr_nothin said:
It was perfect! It was more of the "Timesplitters" type of fun and less of the "Modern Warefare" type of fun.

Also....why would you have to lower the health of everybody to fix shotgun running? Why not just simply tweak the way the shotgun works? They could have been working on things like: Fixing grenades, Tweaking Shotguns, etc instead of just lowering the health globally. When they did that...they had to go back and "fix" the game for the next 2-3 patches. That kind of shows that it was more of a knee-jerk reaction than something that was planned from the beginning or even for a few months.

I garrantee you they tested it before implementation.

They've only done realtively small tweaks since 1.05 that are ajustments on the current model they addopted, I'd hardly call that fixing instead of improving. They lowered the health because they were getting feedback that shooting didn't feel satisfying. The high health combined with a plethoral of one hit kill abilities unbalanced the experience. Lowering the health makes the the contrast between the tactics less glarring, at the same time they've nerfed accuracy with weapons to help adjust for the lowered health.

Levi

Banned
My pup chewed up my Turtle Beach PX21s. :( Trying desperately to find my bluetooth before tonights festivities. I've been looking forward to seeing everyone back and it'll suck if I can't chat. :( :( :(

mr_nothin

Banned
Zen said:
I garrantee you they tested it before implementation.

They've only done realtively small tweaks since 1.05 that are ajustments on the current model they addopted, I'd hardly call that fixing instead of improving. They lowered the health because they were getting feedback that shooting didn't feel satisfying. The high health combined with a plethoral of one hit kill abilities unbalanced the experience. Lowering the health makes the the contrast between the tactics less glarring, at the same time they've nerfed accuracy with weapons to help adjust for the lowered health.
Relatively small changes?
They had to tweak just about all aspects of the game. They tweaked the damage models (head/torso/legs/arms). They changed the rate of the FAL, decreased accuracy of Down the Irons, and
reduced the rate of fire for the Dragon Sniper by 10%. They also had to change up spawns and we probably wouldnt have seen grenades being changed w/o health being lowered. Before they lowered health, all we heard was "this is the best solution we have".

BattleMonkey said:
Yet the numbers of players hasn't changed.

You can't know that. The number of players they're showing in the menu is just one server afaik. Judging from this thread they fucked the multiplayer up royally. Ever since the infamous patch the thread keeps slowing down.

womfalcs3

Banned
fortified_concept said:
You can't know that. The number of players they're showing in the menu is just one server afaik. Judging from this thread they fucked the multiplayer up royally. Ever since the infamous patch the thread keeps slowing down.

They're not talking about Uncharted 2.

Zen

Banned
fortified_concept said:

If you're being shunted off to a server with a consistent population consistently chances are that the server population has been consistent.

I must be bad at games because, I don't think much has changed since I still suck at the game.

I think the only people complaining are the really good players, and I think since they are really good they should learn to adapt and stop crying.

Lince

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
I think some people have confused their MAG talk with their UC2 talk, thus confusing almost everyone else in this thread as well...

you're right, sorry for the OT guys.

Levi

Banned
The reason I play online mp is so I can pretend I'm social and chat with folks. If I can't talk, I might as well be playing offline--I have a stack of sp games I need to finish. I'm pretty peeved at the moment, because, like I said, I have been looking forward to today for a while, took the day off and everything.

VsRobot said:
The reason I play online mp is so I can pretend I'm social and chat with folks. If I can't talk, I might as well be playing offline--I have a stack of sp games I need to finish. I'm pretty peeved at the moment, because, like I said, I have been looking forward to today for a while, took the day off and everything.

Go pick up a headset at wallmart for tonight, then return it.

Melfice7

wouldnt it be nice if in uncharted 3 somewhere in the plot drake needs help with some kinky expensive gear or something and goes like "i know just who to call.. she owes me" *grabs cell* "hello lara?" :D would make a nice cameo

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I haven't played Uncharted online much lately and I haven't even tried the last set of new maps yet.

Are they playable in Co-op arena mode?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
grimmbomb said:
I bought the comic bundle for the new skins, but I don't see them available. Do I have to enable them on psn or something???
Did you download & install the file? Go to your download list (enter the store and click on the icon next to the shopping cart icon in the top right corner) and download & install if you didn't. Once you've installed the file, you can select your character by bringing up your profile in game (Square while in the mp lobby).

Snuggler said:
I haven't played Uncharted online much lately and I haven't even tried the last set of new maps yet.

Are they playable in Co-op arena mode?
All 4 DLC maps are playable in Co-Op Arena.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Its up via search (click the search icon in the top right corner of the store and search for siege) in the U.S. store.

Dibbz

Been so long since I've played Uncharted 2. Man the game is still as awesome as ever. Took some pics today. Must have spend at least a few hours in Cinema mode. Thank God ND included that. I have so much fun just going back through old matches and taking some nice snaps.

4543913941_fe5d039986_o.jpg

4543913953_e7d67e8092_o.jpg

4543913951_4985c87042_o.jpg

Dibbz said:
Been so long since I've played Uncharted 2. Man the game is still as awesome as ever. Took some pics today. Must have spend at least a few hours in Cinema mode. Thank God ND included that. I have so much fun just going back through old matches and taking some nice snaps.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4055/4543913953_e7d67e8092_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4034/4543913951_4985c87042_o.jpg

How do you get such HQ pictures.

Anyway, what kind of shes is she wearing, lol.

TripOpt55

I took a walkthrough of the maps on my own and they seem really cool. Lots of vertical elements to both maps. Didn't get a chance to actually try them out. I'll give them a go after the draft is done for the night. Also, Highrise seems like it had every weapon.

Dibbz

Dedication Through Light said:
How do you get such HQ pictures.

Anyway, what kind of shes is she wearing, lol.
I don't do anything special, just use the image Uncharted exports to the XMB and upload it to Flickr.

I think she's wearing sandles.

Massa

I have to say the game is perfect right now! Thanks ND.

As for the new DLC is there a cheaper bundle without the skins like the first one?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Great, with the new mode comes some new shit noobs do to get upset about in this game.

STAY IN THE FUCKING CIRCLE.

Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom