• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irish said:
(I'd pay $60 to get the old U2 MP back. Is that sad or what?)
No, but the fact that your playing FFXIII over any game is. :p

Just saw the videos, looks good. Really hoping the spawns will get fixed. Glad their taking time to fix the plunder spawns, man what a disaster that mode is now.:lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Siaynoqq said:
Nope. I suppose that answers my question :]
You should give it a shot! I swear, it's so much fun! I don't know why people don't talk about it here. ;(

Hopefully with the Siege DLC, more people will.

The most I'm excited about is being able to use skins on it. I've been waiting for this FOREVER. :lol

Yeef

Spawns are definitely better, but still not perfect. On Sanctuary I spawned twice with enemies on either side of me. Granted they didn't have line of sight the second I spawned, but they did within a fraction of a second.

On Lost City I spawned in the doorway of one of those corridors directly underneath the spawns (where you can toss the idol up through the hole in plunder) and two people were in the corridor behind me (managed to take one of them out though).

Other than those instances I haven't run into any major spawning issues.

Rewrite said:
You should give it a shot! I swear, it's so much fun! I don't know why people don't talk about it here. ;(
Because there's not really much to talk about. Co-op is fun, but there's not really anything to 'discuss' about it.

Ah, I just read the news post again on Naughty Dog's website again. It was updated saying that Patch 1.07 has a hook that should fix the spawns. That's good to know.

rac

Banned
Just got my ps3 and this game today. Some of the most fun I've had in multiplayer in a long time. Seriously considering buying the map packs. Just want to know are the map packs for co-op only?

Yeef

rac said:
Just got my ps3 and this game today. Some of the most fun I've had in multiplayer in a long time. Seriously considering buying the map packs. Just want to know are the map packs for co-op only?
All of the downloadable maps work for both co-op arena and competitive.

Melfice7

spawns still messed up too, played in train wreck, plaza and village however there was barely any lag, the last few weeks it was lagging alot and it wasnt my connection

edit: lmao on sanctuary me and some guy killed each other and we respawn in the same spot :lol

Ok so what the FUCK happened? First few games tonight were perfect.. nothing to complain about. Last batch were utterly atrocious. Delay killed through walls, wells, ceilings, what the fuck have you. I'm sitting here yelling at my goddamn tv because of this bullshit making an ass out of myself. What the fuck am I witnessing here?

I'm pissed. I enjoy playing this game but not when PERFECT shots to someone's back does NOT kill them and even so, a grenade simply makes them FALL TO THE GROUND!!!!?????? Shouldn't the damage I had given them at least fucking kill them?

My favorite... someone runs up to me and one hit melees me. Awesome.

I wasn't prompted to update to 1.07 so I'm still at 1.06.566 or whatever it is. Am I playing with updated folks? I'm aware of lag... but it's never been this terrible. Fuck this game for now.

jett said:
Still getting borked spawns here.
Same here, but...

UPDATE: In further discussion with one of MP game designers and the QA team—I’ve learned that within Title Update 1.07 are some hooks that work with the spawn update that have shown a marked improvement in our testing. And that without TU1.07 we see only minor improvements. I may have jumped the gun a little on this one - sorry!

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/spawn_point_update_april_19/

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I wasn't prompted to update to 1.07 so I'm still at 1.06.566 or whatever it is. Am I playing with updated folks? I'm aware of lag... but it's never been this terrible. Fuck this game for now.
Yeah, everyone for now is at 1.06.556. Patch 1.07 will come out shortly prior to the release of the DLC Thursday, so that means it's either coming out Thursday or Wednesday.

Irish said:
Yeah, would it be really that hard to include a new playlist with increased health?
(it's not a rhetorical question :p)

Kittonwy said:
Objective spawns aren't fixed yet.
I think they are. From what I got it's only plunder spawns that haven't been fixed, so the other objective based game modes should be fine.

sun-drop

ok i've deleted all game data, reinstalled, redownloaded all the patches, re downloaded the DLC ... and i'm still just sitting in the ranked match match making lobby staring at "finding player..."

wtf?

don't have any other issues with online games ...

worked 2 mths ago whn i last played ..wtf???

Kittonwy

Banned
GG last night guys.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
sun-drop said:
ok i've deleted all game data, reinstalled, redownloaded all the patches, re downloaded the DLC ... and i'm still just sitting in the ranked match match making lobby staring at "finding player..."

wtf?

don't have any other issues with online games ...

worked 2 mths ago whn i last played ..wtf???

I don't see why you have to delete all game data, reinstall and redownload everything when the problem you're encountering is match-making.

Calion

Irish said:
Eh, I'd own in that gametype, so it can't be representative of actual skill because we all know that I lack 'it'.

Anyway, FFXIII is eating up my time at the moment along with a healthy helping of work on the side. I should be finished in time for the new map pack, so be ready to play with my whiny ass.

Of course, I'll probably ragequit after an hour or two due to the ruining of the best MP game I've ever had a chance to play by ND and their "fans" who weren't even playing the game by the time the changes came.

Basically, Bleach's post represents my feelings exactly minus the ton of cursing I would have used to emphasize my true rage. Hell, I was starting to be fine with the shitty new health when they decided to HALVE the damage radius of grenades because of the same people with awful aim who were whining about people being bullet sponges.

All right, BrokenOath, hater of haters is signing out. :p

(I'd pay $60 to get the old U2 MP back. Is that sad or what?)

As would I. I miss it so much. : (

arne

Yeef said:
Anyone know where I can get overhead diagrams of the multiplayer maps or if such things even exist?

For reference, something like this: http://talkplaystation.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/tau-crater-full-map.jpg

They exist to a degree internally for a few maps -- the best we have is what's included in the strategy guide, which are more approximation of map overheads than rendering or screenshots. I don't know if you've been able to see those.

Even then, the strategy guide only includes those for the initial set of multiplayer maps.

Wowbagger

From the Naughty Dog blog:

Title Update 1.07 will be released worldwide today, April 21, 2010, at about 11:00 AM PDT / 6:00 PM GMT (what time is that in my city?). Some regions may receive the update slightly earlier or later than this time, but every region will receive Title Update 1.07 today.

Title Update 1.07 includes the following:
  • Players can now select a Hero skin through their online profile for Co-op Arena matches only
  • Additional spawn system changes to enhance spawn point update effectiveness
  • Gameplay changes to prevent “airwalk” exploit by players
  • Updates to map geometry collision detection to improve prevention of players attempting to leave normal multiplayer map boundaries

CozMick

Banned
Wowbagger said:

Title Update 1.07 will be released worldwide today, April 21, 2010, at about 11:00 AM PDT / 6:00 PM GMT (what time is that in my city?). Some regions may receive the update slightly earlier or later than this time, but every region will receive Title Update 1.07 today.

• Players can now select a Hero skin through their online profile for Co-op Arena matches only
  • Gameplay changes to prevent ?airwalk? exploit by players
  • Updates to map geometry collision detection to improve prevention of players attempting to leave normal multiplayer map boundaries

FUCK YEAH, ND ROCKS!!! that is all.

Sh0k

I purchase the first DLC map pack but I have yet to play it online. Is there any specific mode that I need to play for the DLC maps to appear in the rotation ? I have tried Deathmatch and Competitive mode.

Yeef

I thought 1.07 would have more balance changes. I like what's there, but was expecting it to be a lot more substantial.
Sh0k said:
I purchase the first DLC map pack but I have yet to play it online. Is there any specific mode that I need to play for the DLC maps to appear in the rotation ? I have tried Deathmatch and Competitive mode.
Set your matchmaking to DLC in your profile. It'll take longer to match you up, but will only match you with people who have the maps.

CozMick

Banned
Yeef said:
I thought 1.07 would have more balance changes. I like what's there, but was expecting it to be a lot more substantial.

Balance? Like?

I find it to be one of the more balanced online multiplayers to be honest.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Sh0k said:
You updated your profile right? The MM option in your profile has to be set to DLC.

4386395660_d5c9fcf519.jpg

Sh0k

Thanks Yeef & Kilthee for the answer, I'm going to update my profile next time I play !

If anyone wants to add me to your friends list, here is my gamertag Sh0k (the O in the name is a zero)

I'm only at level 21, not very good and no mic yet.

Rikyfree

I'll reserve judgment for a while when I see if spawns are affected. But I am really happy about the co-op stuff. That will be fun!

Yeef

CozMick said:
Balance? Like?

I find it to be one of the more balanced online multiplayers to be honest.
This is like a broken record at this point, but I felt the game was best balanced during 1.04. Ideally they'd set the health back to how it was then, but we all know that's not going to happen. I'm fine with them leaving the health the way it is now since I've gotten used to it, but I think the traversal and close-range gameplay have both suffered a lot because of it and could use some tweaks.

JudgeN

Wowbagger said:

• Gameplay changes to prevent “airwalk” exploit by players

Bring on the new (new) spawns :lol

Rikyfree

Just played a few games of deathmatch with W0Wbagger, and I love the new spawns, absolutely fantastic so far. It may be a bit early still to judge the complete package, but I think I am falling in love again. <3:D

elohel

wait so what are the reasons for some people really wanting the old UC2 multi back?

just curious, lttt(late to the thread lol)

TripOpt55

I have to go try the new patch. Spawns have been driving me nuts.

I think the main reasons that people like the old multi better is that it allowed more for evasion and climbing and getting the jump on someone wasn't necessarily enough to take them out before. Or at least getting a jump on someone was less of an issue. I mean you can still get away now, but it's a lot tougher. And those were some of the things that made it feel unique. I'm sure people here can elaborate a bit more than I can. But I do miss the focus on climbing and movement/evasion a bit. Also, I don't feel like the weapons are quite as balanced maybe... not sure though. Seems I stick with the AK a lot more now than before.

Melfice7

for me its mostly 3 things, 1º too easy to kill/die you cant even grab the treasure in plunder without dying instantly for example. 2º messed up spawns (apparently they're fixed now). 3º grenades are now firecrackers that dont kill even if they explode right next to you

elohel said:
wait so what are the reasons for some people really wanting the old UC2 multi back?

just curious, lttt(late to the thread lol)

some people are really good at the games and they always aim for the head, so for them it didn't take a whole ak-47 clip to take someone down, but for most people like me who can barely aim at the enemy, it took a whole clip to kill someone so they changed the health so you don't take as many bullits.

Salz01

I cant wait till this DLC comes tomorrow. So good. Just need more Chloe Skins... gimme.... mo.
But thanks ND for the continued support.

A few bullshit spawns still happen, but hey, the game is playable again!
Just had a 10 minutes deathmatch in the Sanctuary, I can't even remember how much time had passed since the last deatmatch that lasted that long :p

CozMick

Banned
Yeah, has the health been stealth tweaked?

Seems to take a few extra bullets to kill someone.

But loving the new spawns so far, Sanctuary, Village, Lost City and The Facility have been flawless for me,

Absolutely no bullshit :D

Can't wait til tomorrow

Irish

Yeef said:
I think the traversal and close-range gameplay have both suffered a lot because of it and could use some tweaks.

Precisely the reason why my love pulled a 180 in regards to this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom