• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

crispyben

Darkatomz said:
So I'm assuming a bunch of the regs are coming back tomorrow night? I'll probably get on after I get out of my class.
Yeah, I'll definitely be back (dunno if I'm a "regular") for my first double cash week-end :D The wife's gonna be pissed :lol

Rikyfree

Kittonwy said:
You were raging tonight.
Indifferent2.gif
And yet I wuz better den yous!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm having such a blast tonight. Thank you so much arne/Naughty Dog for allowing co-op arena users to choose skins! You don't know how much I've been waiting for this. It brings a lot of life to the game for me now being able to choose different heroes! It's awesome kicking ass with Sully. It may not be a big deal to a lot of the posters here, but it was a huge deal for me so thanks.

Also, I noticed that if a team mate is in need of a rescue and if the round ends, they're automatically healed. That's fucking awesome because sometimes when playing with randoms, that person who needs healing is across the map and if we don't make it on time, they die and are out of the next match. That's pretty cool! It tripped me out at first.

I've been playing multiplayer for a while but I'm still not very good and just generally find it a very frustrating experience. I can tell it'll be fun but I just can't get in to it. Any basic tips?

Wowbagger

Rewrite said:
Also, I noticed that if a team mate is in need of a rescue and if the round ends, they're automatically healed. That's fucking awesome because sometimes when playing with randoms, that person who needs healing is across the map and if we don't make it on time, they die and are out of the next match. That's pretty cool! It tripped me out at first.

Yeah, this was a great change. =)

fionel

Map pack 2 is up on the Japanese PSN. It says it includes a new mode called "survivatory". I don't see this mentioned in the last 2 pages of the thread. Anyone know what this is about?

crispyben

Got my first Glowzor kill, and spotted a wetsuit Drake :D

fionel said:
Map pack 2 is up on the Japanese PSN. It says it includes a new mode called "survivatory". I don't see this mentioned in the last 2 pages of the thread. Anyone know what this is about?
It's called Siege, you defend a zone against enemies, wiuth a different zone in each of the 10 rounds, kinda like Survival.

Facism

I think i'll play tonight. What's the issues with me joining up with the old regs as i won't be buying the DLC? Frozen out of the party due to matchmaking restrictions or what?

Never really experienced how it went down with the last maps, but i'm hoping it isn't the same as the 2nd class citizen experience GG decided to lay on those who don't pay for maps in Killzone 2.

crispyben

Facism said:
I think i'll play tonight. What's the issues with me joining up with the old regs as i won't be buying the DLC? Frozen out of the party due to matchmaking restrictions or what?
Well, one person without the DLC in the party, and no DLC map will ever enter the rotation, which might piss off those who bought them...

Jme

Hey DLC buyers

Target (US only afaik) currently has a sale on PSN points cards $17 for $20 cards. Might as well save a few bucks while you replenish your wallets :D

Gyrian

Good to see some more life injected here!

With the new goods around, I'll have no choice but to meet you all online soon.
Tear me away from RE5 and SFIV. ;_;

Also, this needs another quote:

CrushDance said:
I think we should all thank Arne for the great works he's done thus far as CM. Sure most of us don't play as much anymore, but the constant feedback from ND, patches and so forth is very much welcome. It always amazes me when I come back to this thread and find Arne is discussing why certain changes were made that we may disagree with, but explaining nonetheless. Then jumping on issues that specific players are experiencing and seeing it through...

You guys have done a terrific job all around with Uncharted. Thank you!

I'm 100% with this; The Dogs have far surpassed my expectations on how they were going to handle the MP component so long after the game's release.
Through arne, I can't recall a dev of a major title that has been this available to its user base. My hat is off to you.

As Oath put it, I will forever treasure my neck-snapping two second primetime spot in the Heroes trailer. :]

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Man, there is absolutely no way to ask about a Wetsuit Elena skin without coming across as a perv.

Luckily, I *am* a perv.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, did they change the health system to where it's less bullshit "camp your spawn and don't fucking move into the map" and more "move into the fucking map, but your health is less than it was 1.04?"

Because frankly, I want fucking 1.04 back after the bullshit that was 1.05/1.06. I'm not buying the new DLC and haven't played the versus in months due to that bullshit and my purchase of the DLC and replaying the game hinges on this: CAN I NOW RUN THROUGH THE MAP AND NOT EXPECT ISLANDS OF PLAYERS CAMPING BECAUSE THE HEALTH SCREWED THE GAME UP?

Facism

crispyben said:
Well, one person without the DLC in the party, and no DLC map will ever enter the rotation, which might piss off those who bought them...

Guess i won't be playing then :<

jett

D-Member
TheSeks said:
So, did they change the health system to where it's less bullshit "camp your spawn and don't fucking move into the map" and more "move into the fucking map, but your health is less than it was 1.04?"

Because frankly, I want fucking 1.04 back after the bullshit that was 1.05/1.06. I'm not buying the new DLC and haven't played the versus in months due to that bullshit and my purchase of the DLC and replaying the game hinges on this: CAN I NOW RUN THROUGH THE MAP AND NOT EXPECT ISLANDS OF PLAYERS CAMPING BECAUSE THE HEALTH SCREWED THE GAME UP?

shut up, seriously. don't play the game, don't buy the dlc, we don't care.

Zen

Banned
Great news about the spawns, I'll be back as soon as finals are over.

TheSeks said:

They nerfed DTI twice, the game plays fine now, stop being a drama queen and either play or don't. :|

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
jett said:

ANY of the Versus content boils down to:

-Stay at your spawn
-Camp with the FAL

It basically changed the game for the worse. It's not being a drama queen if most everyone that has played agrees on it. The health system in 1.05/1.06 was horrible. Has 1.07 actually raised the health to where the game doesn't have islands of campers and actually tries to move people around?

Treb

After patch 1.06 (or whichever version it was) I don't recall the FAL being used as much as it was in 1.05. Give it another shot.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
jett said:
Seriously.

Stop using hyperboles to try to prove your argument. The game isn't like what you've said at all.

When this this DLC coming?

I was made to feel like an idiot when WOWBagger implied it was out.. but I have searched and found no indication that it is out.

I know it's "today", but when is "today"?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
DownLikeBCPowder said:

I was made to feel like an idiot when WOWBagger implied it was out.. but I have searched and found no indication that it is out.

Knowing SCEA, I would check the PSN Store around 11:59 PM.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
jett said:
wowbagger already has the dlc...wat
The Euro stores are updated before the N.A. stores (this changes in May afaik : P).
DownLikeBCPowder said:

N.A. stores are usually updated ~4 - 6 P.M. PDT. Usually you can purchase content before the storefront is updated by using the search button to search for it.

JudgeN

TheSeks said:

-Stay at your spawn
-Camp with the FAL

It basically changed the game for the worse. It's not being a drama queen if most everyone that has played agrees on it. The health system in 1.05/1.06 was horrible. Has 1.07 actually raised the health to where the game doesn't have islands of campers and actually tries to move people around?

Almost everyone, really now

TheSeks said:

-Stay at your spawn
-Camp with the FAL

you are the worst poster on neogaf

Irish

JudgeN said:
Almost everyone, really now

I can name nearly a hundred prominent PS3-Gaffers.

Are you saying that the game hasn't turned into what he's describing? From what I've seen, it most definitely has. Yes, I'll be buying the DLC, but that doesn't mean I can't hate the game for what it has become.

JudgeN

Irish said:
I can name nearly a hundred prominent PS3-Gaffers.

Are you saying that the game hasn't turned into what he's describing? From what I've seen, it most definitely has. Yes, I'll be buying the DLC, but that doesn't mean I can't hate the game for what it has become.

O well shit if you can name Gaffer you pretty much got the whole online community right there because GAF is always a great representation of anything gaming related right?

And yes I'm calling it bullshit, you make it sound like no one does anything but stand in the same place and wait for someone to come out in the open. Its not like that people still run around maps, and people still climb, besides the FAL got nerfed as did DTI. Do I think the game trash now because of the new health system, hell no. I can kind of understand why it happened, I mean in what game does it take 10 shots to kill anyone and headshots have never really been that accurate. The shotgunners/pistolle people were destroying people ( I was one of those people). I'm in the middle when it comes to how I feel about the change but at the end of the day I'm still having fun.

Note: i'm not really a plunder player, i'm really talking about the game from a deathmatch player point of view.

crispyben

So, I just spent a few minutes by myself on High Rise and Museum, and it seems ND have outdone themselves again... Kudos to the team, Arne. Of course, I'll have to see how it plays, but they offer so many paths and options that FAL camping cannot be the answer :lol

After playing more since the latest nerfs, I think deathmatch is fine. Almost bordering on awesome again. It's the OBJECTIVE modes like plunder that are still completely borked. Arguing otherwise is pretty silly, at least when playing with randoms. Luckily I usually only play deathmatch, so I've come back around to digging it.

Irish

JudgeN said:
O well shit if you can name Gaffer you pretty much got the whole online community right there because GAF is always a great representation of anything gaming related right?

If those are the only people worth playing with, then yeah, I'd say that represents the whole non-douchebag community. Sure, a few players don't mind playing alone, but when more social gamers abandon a game they played daily with their friends it definitely cuts into the playability of the game.

When you could get four completely full GAF-only games going on with a couple party of fives taking on randoms with everyone chatting about how much they love the game and then a week later everything changes and forces the people who've been playing since the beta away, you can be sure a ton of people are going to be extremely pissed.

A complete change in gameplay after several months of it being played a certain way is most definitely not a good thing. Save that shit for part 3.

JudgeN said:
And yes I'm calling it bullshit, you make it sound like no one does anything but stand in the same place and wait for someone to come out in the open. Its not like that people still run around maps, and people still climb, besides the FAL got nerfed as did DTI.

When 60% of random games end up with both teams camping in either the spawns or BBQ houses with Situational Awareness on, what am I supposed to believe. I've always loved to run around and that has most definitely been hampered by the changes.

JudgeN said:
I can kind of understand why it happened, I mean in what game does it take 10 shots to kill anyone and headshots have never really been that accurate. The shotgunners/pistolle people were destroying people ( I was one of those people). I'm in the middle when it comes to how I feel about the change but at the end of the day I'm still having fun.

Not U2, that was for sure. I suppose some people could have been bothered by shotgunners/pistole users, but their was a counter to every tactic in the game. The balance has completely changed. I'd say the health change unbalanced the game dramatically and made the game less fun. There are now worthless strategies and overpowered ones. Sure, it still a decent game, but it's nowhere near as perfect and balanced as it used to be in my opinion.

That's basically all I can say on the matter.

Zomo

Just started playing this a few days ago, pretty impressed so far. Although I have found myself falling to my death quite a lot whilst trying to grab onto a ledge below me :lol But yeah awesome game so far, looking forward to playing some more.

Lince

Banned
Irish said:
I'd say the health change unbalanced the game dramatically and made the game less fun. There are now worthless strategies and overpowered ones. Sure, it still a decent game, but it's nowhere near as perfect and balanced as it used to be in my opinion.

/thread

we'll never know why they did that but the game was perfect, one of the greatest MP games I've ever played and definitely the most fun, lots of acrobatics and hilarious yet intense fights had me hooked every night until they changed everything for no apparent reason, at least I can't see where or when they explained their decisions? I guess as a company you're likely to make your game appealing to most gamers out there so you can sell more DLC and get everyone hyped for sequels... I also believe the "fun" factor was already appealing when they released the game, why killing it ?

dear friends at Naughty Dog, stop listening to your "fans" in the forums, even NeoGAF, stick to your vision, you're the professionals there. Have a look at MAG to see how following your "fans" advices could potentially lead to ruining the game just 3 months after launch.

MacBosse

Ok, I am about 2 seconds away from buying a PS3 and make the holy trinity at home complete (360/wii/PS3) ... and this game is to blame. And God of War 3 ... and Heavy Rain.

MacBosse said:
Ok, I am about 2 seconds away from buying a PS3 and make the holy trinity at home complete (360/wii/PS3) ... and this game is to blame. And God of War 3 ... and Heavy Rain.

Don't forget Demon's Souls.

Ps3 is pretty rockin, I didn't get one until last year in October. Totally worth it these days.

Melfice7

ZeroRay said:
Plunder was the best CTF mode ever made. I'm still too scared to try it out with the new health tweaks.

its funny when the treasure is in a open wide area no one goes for it because they know as soon as they grab it they die :S

Levi

Banned
Each patch post 1.05 has made the game slightly better than the mess it was when that launched. No one can deny the game was extremely unbalanced right after the health tweak--DTI/FAL was pretty much a win button. Since then they've nerfed both of those, and with the spawns mostly fixed, this is as good as the game can be with this current health system. Is it as good as it was? Hell no. Is it playable and fun? That's up to the user, but I think it is a solid mp game. I miss the game it used to be, and I'll never do another marathon 14-hour game session like I did back in the day, but I guess there's no use crying over split milk.

Lince said:
/dear friends at Naughty Dog, stop listening to your "fans" in the forums, even NeoGAF, stick to your vision, you're the professionals there. Have a look at MAG to see how following your "fans" advices could potentially lead to ruining the game just 3 months after launch.

What happened to MAG? (I haven't really been following the game)

Irish

VsRobot said:
I miss the game it used to be, and I'll never do another marathon 14-hour game session like I did back in the day, but I guess there's no use crying over split milk.

Hm, so you'd rather have a gallon instead of a half gallon? Eh, split milk is divided no matter how you slice it. :p

Anyway, I think I would prefer 1.05 over 1.06 for one simple reason- Grenades.

rager

Banned
Well if the health system is the same and the game continues to be a campfest than I won't be bothering with it. Too many other good games.

Zen

Banned
Lince said:
/thread

we'll never know why they did that but the game was perfect, one of the greatest MP games I've ever played and definitely the most fun, lots of acrobatics and hilarious yet intense fights had me hooked every night until they changed everything for no apparent reason, at least I can't see where or when they explained their decisions? I guess as a company you're likely to make your game appealing to most gamers out there so you can sell more DLC and get everyone hyped for sequels... I also believe the "fun" factor was already appealing when they released the game, why killing it ?

dear friends at Naughty Dog, stop listening to your "fans" in the forums, even NeoGAF, stick to your vision, you're the professionals there. Have a look at MAG to see how following your "fans" advices could potentially lead to ruining the game just 3 months after launch.

Because it wasn't perfect; lowering the health helped balance the game and to say otherwise is ignoring things like shotgun running, and the player population hasn't shrunk since the changes have been made, according to Arne. You might say 'I can't run around as much' but you still do tons of running, climbing, and jumping, if you aren't doing that it's your own playstyle not being up to snuff, not the fact that they've reduced health and reduced accuracy. On top of nerfing shotgun/pistol running they've also hugely improve grenades by reducing the radius.

The game is better balanced now than it was when it was supposedly perfect. There was a lot of unbalanced cheese prior to the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom