• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittonwy

Banned
Lion Heart said:
Lazarabitch on Crushing. Can I melee him to death or does it go infinite times. Im up to 110 (yes I counted)

lolwut.
Indifferent2.gif

When I first started playing today, Uncharted 2 was running good. Then, I kept getting matches with 3 people on each team, hehe. Along with the glitching, I hope the respawns get fixed as soon as possible too. I've seen way too many times today respawns gone wrong. Though, even with the problems this game has, I still love to play it.

VsRobot said:
I have never heard of a cheater being banned or suspended. Has anyone? Very frustrating that glitching and cheating being rampant is something else ND has borrowed from MW.

And they're all high levels too. They all buy the maps though so what can you do?

sinny

Banned
lastinline said:
When I first started playing today, Uncharted 2 was running good. Then, I kept getting matches with 3 people on each team, hehe. Along with the glitching, I hope the respawns get fixed as soon as possible too. I've seen way too many times today respawns gone wrong. Though, even with the problems this game has, I still love to play it.

The same happend to me today.

Yeef

The spawns are entirely ridiculous. We were playing an rpg match on Ice Cave and I tried camping the bottom spawn for a little while to see if the game would adjust. Each time an enemy spawned right where my crosshairs where and the spawnee was exploded before he could even do anything. The spawn algorithm needs a lot of work.

Rikyfree

Fix the spawn and I'll forgive everything else. Also so happy I hit 58! Already in love with the come get some booster. I use it so my victims will say to themselves, "Wow, Guy Buttersnaps came and killed me and I witnessed his glory coming upon my pitiful presence."

Lince

Banned
Yeef said:
The spawns are entirely ridiculous. We were playing an rpg match on Ice Cave and I tried camping the bottom spawn for a little while to see if the game would adjust. Each time an enemy spawned right where my crosshairs where and the spawnee was exploded before he could even do anything. The spawn algorithm needs a lot of work.

honestly, they just need to roll the game back to 1.01 and call it a day, the whole new damage/spawns changes are a complete failure.

Kittonwy said:
Congrats, how many times did you end up going through that boss fight.
Indifferent2.gif
I went up to 120 melees until Gaf started to make fun of me so I just youtubed the easy way and beat him in 3 minutes. Took me 3 tries including the melee run.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
VsRobot said:
I have never heard of a cheater being banned or suspended. Has anyone? Very frustrating that glitching and cheating being rampant is something else ND has borrowed from MW.

The kid who was previously number one LER978 got banned. I dunno why, he's on one of my friends buddy list, and one day he just all of a sudden was off the top of the highscores and reset to 0.

CozMick

Banned
Just finished playing for the first time in a month, in anticipation of the new dlc,

My god the spawning is utterly fucked. What happened?

I was playing Deathmatch on Flooded Ruin, killed a guy, and before my damage had worn off the same guy literally spawned 3ft in front of me and killed me.

:lol

This also happened on Village.

Tell it to me straight
i'm still buying the dlc
is it getting sorted?

Rikyfree

CozMick said:
Just finished playing for the first time in a month, in anticipation of the new dlc,

I was playing Deathmatch on Flooded Ruin, killed a guy, and before my damage had worn off the same guy literally spawned 3ft in front of me and killed me.

Tell it to me straight
i'm still buying the dlc
is it getting sorted?
In a word, yes.... I hope. Arne said it was, so we can hope that it gets sorted out when the patch 1.07 goes live. If not, more and more people are going to drop this game.

CozMick

Banned
Rikyfree said:
In a word, yes.... I hope. Arne said it was, so we can hope that it gets sorted out when the patch 1.07 goes live. If not, more and more people are going to drop this game.

Oh, so 1.07 has been confirmed?

That's good to hear.

Absolutely adore this game, just haven't had the time to play lately :(

Darkatomz

CozMick said:
Oh, so 1.07 has been confirmed?

That's good to hear.

Absolutely adore this game, just haven't had the time to play lately :(
Well, the DLC is supposed to come this Thursday, and ND has already said that patch details (and release) will happen BEFORE the DLC, so we'll probably hear about it on Monday. Frankly, I was surprised the details didn't come last week.

CozMick said:

Tell it to me straight
i'm still buying the dlc
is it getting sorted?
This game has become a fuckfest, half of my deaths (and well, half of my kills, I suppose) are in some way a result of broken spawns.
Really, either fix that shit or bring back the old health, it'so so frustrating as it is now.

Massa

VsRobot said:

I really hope these people do get banned from PSN. I remember someone being banned for trolling on Resistance forums, never heard about cheating getting you banned.

just finished my treasure run on this.... can;t be said too many times what an AWESOME achievement it is.

Every time i play it i'm surprised at just how good it is.

Naughty Dog... I salute you.

CozMick

Banned
Kasra_2x4 said:
This 1.07 patch better solve the problems or I'll quit.

Pretty much how I feel.

I tried my hardest to tolerate the spawning all night, but having 4 players spawn directly behind me while i'm taking cover from the 5th guy shooting me is fucked up, it happened dozens of times on multiple maps.

Such a damn shame, apart from glitches and spawns this my personal online MP of this gen.

Yeef

Jaroof said:
There should be a way to choose to play elimination without M32's and Rocket Launchers. :p
I've always wanted a pistols & grenades elimination mode to separate the skilled from the phonies. Alas, no such mode exists.

After playing quite a bit of rounds today...

*prays*
Please be fixes for all spawn and glitches in patch 1.07.

Didn't have any glitchers in the rounds I played in today, but I still hate them. It seems like each day the spawns just get worse and worse, though. It's probably due to the fact that each round is different, and each player is different. If you have a powerful team as your enemy, you are going to die a lot, and see the spawns mess up more. On a good note, I have $34,000,000 now from playing just Deathmatch games today. Very close to the $37,000,000 mark needed for Level 58. Woohoo to that! Also, I seriously crave a Double Experience weekend!

Jaroof

Yeef said:
I've always wanted a pistols & grenades elimination mode to separate the skilled from the phonies. Alas, no such mode exists.

:(
AARRRRRNE!!!
Make this happen
Please. :D

Also, I'm getting on now.

EDIT:
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS
Beat the Village back-to-back!!!
Pretty much with one life, too.. lol.
Died twice early on.
There was one part in the end where I was the only one left, and there were two armored shotgun enemies coming towards me.. so I run around them, straight into an armored FAL guy, shoot him twice with my SAS, punch him out, then run past him to safety :lol
SO much pressure.. I can't believe I made it.

sun-drop

is matchmaking down for any one else?

i got the game back from a mate after about a mth and i installed the DLC i missed ..and now i'm just sitting there matchmaking for ages..have not go into a single game yet for 3 days straight ... :(

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
lastinline said:
After playing quite a bit of rounds today...
*prays*
d!
they have probably started working on uncharted 3 so dont expect a lot from nd

Kittonwy

Banned
Took a break yesterday, will play either tonight or tomorrow, definitely getting the new maps, the new videos look CRAZY, so much verticality and climbing.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
daxter01 said:
they have probably started working on uncharted 3 so dont expect a lot from nd

They probably have a few people on the MP team maintaining Uncharted 2 MP, plus you can learn alot in terms of balancing for future games.

Kittonwy said:
Took a break yesterday, will play either tonight or tomorrow, definitely getting the new maps, the new videos look CRAZY, so much verticality and climbing.
Indifferent2.gif

is that supposed to be a good thing?
have you forgotten that since the new health whenever attempting to climb anything that a swarm of bullets comes and eats your heart out?

Yeef

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif
Wait. What videos?

Yeef

Weird. I'm subscribed to Gametrailer's feed but the videos never showed up in my reader. I'll have to look into that when I get home.

CozMick

Banned
Those maps are utterly, utterly gorgeous looking.

But I've changed my mind about purchasing them,

I wanna see the 1.07 patch notes before I consider putting my hand in my pocket.

Rikyfree

arne said:
Just posted about pushing some spawn point updates (in all modes except Plunder) on NaughtyDog.com and (our new, slightly hidden forums).
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/spawn_point_update_april_19/
http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Multiplayer/Spawns-update-April-19/td-p/246

Let me know what you guys think of the spawn updates, if it helps, any weak spots, etc. We can't test as thoroughly as in the real world no matter what we do.
I know you've been busy man. Thanks for trying to keep up with everything going on. Hope to see you on sometime so we can play again.

yencid said:
gametrailers home page.
:O

I love both maps, but damn The Museum is just way awesome. Siege mode looks really fun, and the helicopter is a real threat now. The fact that you can use DLC skins in Co-op now is even more amazing. Gosh, Naughty Dog... I love you guys! :D

arne said:
Just posted about pushing some spawn point updates (in all modes except Plunder) on NaughtyDog.com and (our new, slightly hidden forums).

Let me know what you guys think of the spawn updates, if it helps, any weak spots, etc. We can't test as thoroughly as in the real world no matter what we do.
:O :O

If this works, I will give you the biggest hug ever!!! I'm going to play today and see how the respawns are. Now, if patch 1.07 fixes the glitching completely in every map, then Uncharted 2 online will be perfect, in my opinion. Anything else that would be in the patch is just icing on the cake. Must say, thank you guys for still paying attention to the online, and fixing these things. It's going to make playing the game everyday a lot more fun.

CozMick

Banned
arne said:

Arne, you sir are a damn genius!

Why did I ever doubt you guys?

£4.79 coming your way this Thursday :lol

TripOpt55

Looking forward to the DLC even if the multiplayer has been a bit frustrating lately. Hope these new spawn updates help. Maps look fantastic.

Kittonwy

Banned
Spawns...

The Village - So far so good.
The Facility - So far so good.
The Flooded Ruins - So far so good.
The Lost City - Spawned twice in the same area, and died shortly after. Good otherwise.

I played these maps only in Deathmatch, and I will be playing only Deathmatch more tonight. If I see any bad spawns, I will post here about it. Spawns seem to be better than they were, though, so that's a good thing. :) The only thing bad is that I got killed by a phantom grenade when I spawned in The Village, but I'm sure you guys are fixing that up.

Irish

Yeef said:

Eh, I'd own in that gametype, so it can't be representative of actual skill because we all know that I lack 'it'.

Anyway, FFXIII is eating up my time at the moment along with a healthy helping of work on the side. I should be finished in time for the new map pack, so be ready to play with my whiny ass.

Of course, I'll probably ragequit after an hour or two due to the ruining of the best MP game I've ever had a chance to play by ND and their "fans" who weren't even playing the game by the time the changes came.

Basically, Bleach's post represents my feelings exactly minus the ton of cursing I would have used to emphasize my true rage. Hell, I was starting to be fine with the shitty new health when they decided to HALVE the damage radius of grenades because of the same people with awful aim who were whining about people being bullet sponges.

All right, BrokenOath, hater of haters is signing out. :p

(I'd pay $60 to get the old U2 MP back. Is that sad or what?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom