• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CozMick said:
Has Naughty Dog confirmed or denied any future dlc?

I hope to god the siege dlc wasn't the last.

And when I say "dlc" I mean maps/gamemodes not those shitty skins..........

although I bought every skin pack
:D
Seriously, I hope there is at least another double XP weekend. Right in the middle of level 50 and am going back to MW2. :/

Rikyfree

CozMick said:
Has Naughty Dog confirmed or denied any future dlc?

I hope to god the siege dlc wasn't the last.

And when I say "dlc" I mean maps/gamemodes not those shitty skins..........

although I bought every skin pack
:D
I'm down for a couple more maps, say the Borneo level based one and maybe a trainyard one.
Also a free for all mode and execution deathmatch mode would be cool.

mr_nothin

Banned
XxBigP123xX said:
Seriously, I hope there is at least another double XP weekend. Right in the middle of level 50 and am going back to MW2. :/
Oh come on. Do you really need some artificial rank to keep you playing a game? I'd think that if you're at level 50 then you'd be playing the game because you liked it...not to get more XP and level up. Unless you really just want that donut drake skin.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
jett said:
I miss GAF matches...tonight the peeps were only interested in getting that garbage protectorate trophy. :/ Enough with your bullshit MP trophies ND, thanks.

SERIOUSLY.

Or if you're going to do them, have them fit the DLC theme. Co-op Arena maps? Well, gee, make them CO-OP ARENA trophies instead of stupid versus. >:|

mr_nothin said:
Oh come on. Do you really need some artificial rank to keep you playing a game? I'd think that if you're at level 50 then you'd be playing the game because you liked it...not to get more XP and level up. Unless you really just want that donut drake skin.
I am not the only one who plays my PS3, gets annoying having to switch the disks like 20 times a day. When I have other great multiplayer games to play both have to give me a reason to play each other. If the map pack wasn't coming out for MW2 I probably would have stuck with UC2 a little longer.

So, I played quite a bit of matches today, and had some fun. One match in The Plaza had a glitcher, though. I quit out of it, but the other rounds didn't have any glitchers, which was good. After spending some time with the new maps, The Highrise map is my favorite out of the new maps. The Museum is detailed and impressive looking, but it's too big for my tastes. I just can never do too well on The Museum. I do sometimes, but not all the time.

For the past week or so I haven't been able to get online due to an error regarding the session manager. I'm wondering if anyone can help me out because nobody seems to have a clear fix for this problem, and I'm pretty much at the end of my rope. I've deleted the game/DLC/patch data already and I've tried various network setting changes to no avail.

TheSeks

What the hell is up with Cinema mode? It seems I can play some elimination matches I have in there fine, but others the round(s) after round 1 blank/hang. The PS3 isn't loading anything and I have to shut it down.

And there is a file I want to upload, but can't. But can upload any of the others in my file list. WTF, Naughty Dog? o_O

TripOpt55

Managed to get through Siege mode today with a friend. It was pretty cool. Did it on The Lost City. You are definitely at the mercy of the zones they pick. Some on that level were really bad and some were almost too good (one of the underground ones in particular was really easy to get), but that didn't affect the fun. Just threw an element of luck into things.

Kittonwy

Banned
GGs tonight guys (jett/joe/lemm), no compassion, no mercy.
Indifferent2.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Reached level 57, and switched to Glass Jaw/Keep Firing. After using Half Loaded for so long, Keep Firing makes a tremendous difference. Easy beasting.

and arne,
please separate the medals listed on each page to only show what can be obtained in that mode (i.e. only competitive medals on the competitive page).
http://www.naughtydog.com/stats/medals/

TheSeks

Dear Naughty Dog,

Your matchmaking system sucks thousands of ass.

"Situational Awareness?" Yeah, about that... putting level 49 down in games with level 50-60's that have THAT ALWAYS EQUIPPED is shitty. Please stop with it.

No love,

Me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
At level 20 or so I was being stuck in games with roman numeral people. I know the matchmaking isn't based on your rank but when you're going up against a party of 4 X people and you're only level 24 it usually doesn't go in your favor.

TheSeks

Snuggler said:
At level 20 or so I was being stuck in games with roman numeral people. I know the matchmaking isn't based on your rank but when you're going up against a party of 4 X people and you're only level 24 it usually doesn't go in your favor.

Well, I'm level 40. Which isn't the issue. The issue is this shitty "wallhack" booster that has NO FUCKING COUNTER EXCEPT AT THE SAME LEVEL IT'S FUCKING AT.

Hello oversight. This is Modern Warfare 2: Airspace counter being level 30 is just as shitty as this.

Kittonwy

Banned
TheSeks said:
Well, I'm level 40. Which isn't the issue. The issue is this shitty "wallhack" booster that has NO FUCKING COUNTER EXCEPT AT THE SAME LEVEL IT'S FUCKING AT.

Hello oversight. This is Modern Warfare 2: Airspace counter being level 30 is just as shitty as this.

The evasion booster nullifies situational awareness.

Irish

BrokenOath.png

Lies, I tell ya, lies!

(Where's the grenade/melee/Micro love? The AK can go die in the glorious explosion of a grenade.)

Also, Kitton can't read. :p

NO FUCKING COUNTER EXCEPT AT THE SAME LEVEL IT'S FUCKING AT.

He knows about Evasion.

Jaroof

Ran into a glitcher in the Fort yesterday :/

*siiigh*

I miss the good ol' Beta days of U2, when no one knew where all the weapons and best camping locations or glitches were. Everybody just winged it.
Plus the health was perfect :p

Kittonwy

Banned
Irish said:
BrokenOath.png

Lies, I tell ya, lies!

(Where's the grenade/melee/Micro love? The AK can go die in the glorious explosion of a grenade.)

Also, Kitton can't read. :p

He knows about Evasion.

So what is he complaining about. Would he like a counter to come get some as well?
Indifferent2.gif

Levi

Banned
GG tonight Broken, TheSeks. Aj, Crush. Got two consecutive Wipe-Outs in Elimination, that was neat. End of the round, it was crazy looking at my medals: Perfect, Streak, 2xWipe Out, etc. Almost like I was good at this game :D

Apparently they're getting closer to making the Uncharted film... Sony loves the script and they have directors in talk... they want to get one out in 2011.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/108/1087488p1.html

May 3, 2010 - Sony is moving ahead with their games-to-film adaptation Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

The Los Angeles Times reports that the studio has met with David O. Russell -- the director of Three Kings, I Heart Huckabees, Flirting With Disaster, Spanking the Monkey, and the upcoming Mark Wahlberg-Christian Bale drama The Fighter -- about helming the movie.

The paper stresses, though, that Russell is only one of a number of directors on Sony's wish lish and that "it's at the meeting stage, and not close to the dealmaking one."

Furthermore, the paper claims Sony is so high on the Uncharted script by Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer (Sahara, the new Conan the Barbarian) that they are considering trying to get the film out by summer 2011. Yes, by next summer. However, that scenario seems a little less likely now that they've shifted the release date of the Kevin James comedy The Zookeeper to summer 2011.

Gyrian

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Apparently they're getting closer to making the Uncharted film... Sony loves the script and they have directors in talk... they want to get one out in 2011.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/108/1087488p1.html
They are only in talks so far, but the completed film is supposed to be released by next summer?

I guess they feel videogame-based movies don't self-sabotage enough, and hey, the moneyhat is causing an itch.

Give yourself some time and tie it in with the 3rd game, for Christ's sake. :s

Jme

Kittonwy said:
So what is he complaining about. Would he like a counter to come get some as well?
Indifferent2.gif

The complaint is that players with lower levels can't equip evasion to counter the higher level people using situational awareness. So when you get into matchmaking as a lower level player against the 50+ crowd, it's completely unfair for you, as you don't even have a chance to counter it. See the imbalance there?

ReBurn

Gold Member
Kittonwy said:
GGs last night, it was nice to end with the plunder win but it would have been better had we won the ones we lost/tied.
angry.gif
Stupid college. I hate it when education gets in the way of my recreation, too. :D

Rikyfree

Hopefully I'll be on tonight for some mayhem and all around disorder!

Also @ the movie: James Roday for Drake! I'm gonna start campaigning that right now.

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
GGs last night, it was nice to end with the plunder win but it would have been better had we won the ones we lost/tied.
angry.gif

Bah! We played well. And, you're impatient as fuck.

Having said that, I can't believe I let this game sit on my shelf so much. The MP is outstanding.

CozMick

Banned
I finally understand the complaints about the $50,000 cap.

Reaching 50k with Invalid and then playing the rest of the round for no reason is a bit annoying,

mik

mik is unbeatable
VsRobot said:
GG tonight Broken, TheSeks. Aj, Crush. Got two consecutive Wipe-Outs in Elimination, that was neat. End of the round, it was crazy looking at my medals: Perfect, Streak, 2xWipe Out, etc. Almost like I was good at this game :D
You're awesome at the game, you son of a...

Levi

Banned
mik said:
You're awesome at the game, you son of a...

I'm mostly okay, but I'm nowhere in the league of many of the Gaffers I play with. It's hilarious how many more kills I get when I'm not in a party with 4 other gaffers--but I have a lot less fun.

Jaroof

Rewrite said:
2isxtap.jpg

Bow down to the co-op head shot master.

Psh..amateur.
nice

GG tonight vsrobot and BrokenOath.
and lol @ BrokenOath looking like a walking slideshow :lol
There was something wrong with U2 as of late.. so many freezes and disconnects. :p

Gyrian

VsRobot said:
I'm mostly okay, but I'm nowhere in the league of many of the Gaffers I play with. It's hilarious how many more kills I get when I'm not in a party with 4 other gaffers--but I have a lot less fun.

Too true; one of the best ways to experience kill starvation is to party up with CHRP, Ryan, and Riky all at once. Sometimes, it feels like you're wandering a Ghost Town, never finding the opposing team they go down so fast. :D

Great games last night!

Irish

Yeah, when playing with CHRP, Ryan, & Guy, you can pretty much do laps around the map without ever seeing another virtual soul.

Rikyfree

I think my ps3 might be dying. It's getting little graphical glitches here and there. Then again, it was a little humid here with the fan running full blast so it could have just been too hot.

Gyrian

Rikyfree said:
I think my ps3 might be dying. It's getting little graphical glitches here and there. Then again, it was a little humid here with the fan running full blast so it could have just been too hot.

Wish you the best, but be prepared. :s

You're getting more warning than I ever did.
If you can't accept losing your protected saves, you will need your new destination PS3 before your current system goes out.

I stopped playing Uncharted 2's multiplayer for some time now...

It's too bad, because at first I really liked it. I hope Uncharted 3's multiplayer will be better and last longer.

I've posted this thread at ND's forums. Feel free to contribute:
http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Multiplayer/Multiplayer-suggestions-for-Uncharted-3/td-p/13978

I've been reading these boards quite extensively today. Arne PM'ed me on the official PS forums a few weeks back about the new ND boards, inviting me over to participate in a private environment.

Unfortunately, I missed his message and I haven't been playing U2 much lately anyway. I did purchase the previous DLC package, but have played it only once. And not even both maps.

Why? Because none of my friends play it anymore, and because I've been busy with Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
Mainly because my friends are too, and of course because the game is awesome.

Another reason is that I, well... don't like the game anymore. This is because of the many patches that changed the gameplay too much. The game doesn't ‘feel’ as good as it used to. It's no longer fun to play. The balance is off, you die to easily... and the core mechanics are too clumbsy.
In the singleplayer, this is charming because you're playing Drake. It fits his character. But for a multiplayer-game, the controls are too 'loose' and limited to fully enjoy it. The cover-mechanics are limited when compared to Gears of War (For example: you can only stick unto the corners of tall walls, which will always leave a small part of you exposed, and there's no way to toggle crouch - by bending your knees - when you're sticked unto a pilar or a wall)... The aiming and shooting is 'off' and does not feel very satisfying, and there's no way to revive downed teammates, which would be so much more fun.
These issues didn't bother me when I played the game the first few months... but the longer I played, the more these 'flaws' started to annoy me. And then there were, of course, the many patches and changes to the game.

I also would've liked to see more original modes. Back when the multiplayer for U2 wasn't even announced yet, I had so many wild ideas and fantasies about what ND could do with this game... See, the climbing-mechanics and theme of Uncharted 2 are great. A more open approach at dynamic and competitive multiplayer-objectives (defending an entire 'fortress', instead of a 'circle' for instance) with multiple paths and interactive objects (canons, traps or even AI hostages/enemies etc) could be awesome… There is just SO much you guys can do with this.

Anyway, I love the singleplayer intensely and I can't wait for Uncharted 3. And I sincerely hope the multiplayer will be even better than your first attempt (which was certainly not BAD by any means… just not as longlasting as Gears of War, or other shooters I've been 'addicted' to).

So, this thread is for all suggestions concerning the multiplayer in Uncharted 3!

GO!

Kittonwy

Banned
magicaltrevor said:

It's too bad, because at first I really liked it. I hope Uncharted 3's multiplayer will be better and last longer.

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Multiplayer/Multiplayer-suggestions-for-Uncharted-3/td-p/13978

After the latest update it plays pretty great now.

You're completely wrong about Uncharted 2 MP and your ideas are fucking trbl.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy said:
After the latest update it plays pretty great now.

You're completely wrong about Uncharted 2 MP and your ideas are fucking trbl.
Indifferent2.gif

I disagree.

By the way, what ideas are you talking about?
This one?

A more open approach at dynamic and competitive multiplayer-objectives (defending an entire 'fortress', instead of a 'circle' for instance) with multiple paths and interactive objects (canons, traps or even AI hostages/enemies etc) could be awesome… There is just SO much you guys can do with this.

Salz01

magicaltrevor said:

You lost me when you said you were playing some other game....basically comparing that play style with this. Its apples and oranges.

Every single game I play, I play with pickup groups. Through all the updates and so forth, I still have fun, and I die alot. I wouldnt consider myself awesome, but I can hold my own.

Kittonwy

Banned
magicaltrevor said:
I disagree.

You can disagree but you're still wrong, not to mention you haven't played the game recently so how the hell do you even know how it plays anymore? You don't.

Your suggestion that Uncharted 2's cover system is somehow "limited" is just plain false, it's way more flexible with way more walls/objects/ledges that the player can use as cover, not to mention the controls is the most responsive in its genre.

By the way, what ideas are you talking about?
This one?

Reviving in MP competitive wouldn't work all that well, because it's a fast-paced game and waiting for the revive slows it down, not to mention you will have more instances where the downed player will end up serving as bait or just getting killed repeatedly and unnecessarily.

It's 5 on 5, how complex would you want the game to be? There are already a mode where the players have to take hold of three different areas, the players defend circles because circles are highly visible and easy to locate.

There's a reason why there are no traps or cannons, because they're too easy to get kills with, the game right now is pretty damn balanced and accessible as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom