• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeef said:
How to strafe*

The game does all the aiming for you with those guns, but for some reason it does a terrible job if you attack someone head-on.

Yeah well it certainly didn't do any aiming for my ass the 10-20 games I played on that shitty play list, even upping the blindfire for Pistole or Shotgun didn't change shit. I could sit there have my blind-fire reticle RIGHT ON A DUDE and not kill the asshole. WTF.

TheSeks said:
Yeah well it certainly didn't do any aiming for my ass the 10-20 games I played on that shitty play list, even upping the blindfire for Pistole or Shotgun didn't change shit. I could sit there have my blind-fire reticle RIGHT ON A DUDE and not kill the asshole. WTF.
This is the problem I was having as well. More often than not ,me firing 2 pistole shots to the face, ended up in me dieing.:mad: did a little better with the shotty but even then it felt 50/50. was running blind firing. Jumping while shooting feels completely unsafe to try now.

Wowbagger

Yeef said:
How to strafe*

The game does all the aiming for you with those guns, but for some reason it does a terrible job if you attack someone head-on.

Well, I meant aiming down the sights. The pistole's higher range and rate of fire means you can score kills from farther away than a shotgunner. Admittedly, it can be a bit of a pain landing the two shots required if the shotgunner does a good job zig-zagging towards you.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
12764808706tO337utBU.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I will give my left leg for that shirt...

maybe, but I'd rather it be like 20 bucks or so

Levi

Banned
Not particularly looking forward to sniper-only elimination-- my two least favorite modes in one! But I'm willing to try, and heck, maybe I'll get the 21 wins I need for that dang trophy.

mempbisB

Looking forward to getting the Greatest Hits Edition just to feast on Next Gen Graphics.

Hows the sounds effects? This is gonna be my first time getting this game.

So despite already owning UC2 for awhile and then selling it. I just had to return FF13 and get back in UC2, I even got the Siege DLC and UC1 too. I just can't get away from this game, it is soooo damn good!

So at long last my crew of PS3 friends got their hands on Uncharted 2 so we could get a solid session of Survival, Siege and Co-op objective.

We ended up beating Plaza and High Rise in survival, but I was the only one who got the trophy.

Fix this shit Naughty Dog! The gameplay is awesome, but the lack of reward for Survival just left a real bad first impression for my buddies.

Mega bump... just about to finish this game up. It looks beautiful, but is it just me or the game itself is not as good the first one? It feels so formulaic! I have an action scene, then I have a climbing scene, then I have another action scene, then a climbing scene, followed over and over and over.

I feel like the shooting is a little less strategic as well. I wish they'd just ditch the partner for the most of the game, rather than having him/her shoot the baddies.

Anyway, not a bad game, it's a triple A title, but I feel like something is missing compaired to the first game (which I played for the first time not even a month ago)

Rikyfree

Sohter.Nura said:
Mega bump... just about to finish this game up. It looks beautiful, but is it just me or the game itself is not as good the first one? It feels so formulaic! I have an action scene, then I have a climbing scene, then I have another action scene, then a climbing scene, followed over and over and over.

I feel like the shooting is a little less strategic as well. I wish they'd just ditch the partner for the most of the game, rather than having him/her shoot the baddies.

Anyway, not a bad game, it's a triple A title, but I feel like something is missing compaired to the first game (which I played for the first time not even a month ago)
It's you.

Sohter.Nura said:

naaah the game is definitely better than the first one.

DF is overhyped around here not even worth $30 but UC2 is definitely worth $60, the online is not that great however.

Kittonwy

Banned
TheThunder said:

DF is overhyped around here not even worth $30 but UC2 is definitely worth $60, the online is not that great however.

The online is awesome, best online game on the PS3.
Indifferent2.gif

Kind of late posting this as I thought of it days ago: What if Arne's shirt is a hint at 4-player co-op in Uncharted 3? Like... campaign co-op.

I'd like it ONLY if they had parts where they seperated because I love the parts where you're on your own in crazy places. If all four were all together all the time, it'd be one straight out shoot fest after another.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
TheThunder said:

DF is overhyped around here
not even worth $30 but UC2 is definitely worth $60, the online is not that great however.
It is overhyped but I wouldn't say it isn't worth $30... Maybe not $60. And online is AWESOME! Except for when it gfets laggy as hell.

Gyrian

Kittonwy said:
GGs chrp, robot, 75, fiz, gyrian, score, wowbaggr.
Indifferent2.gif

Definitely; U2 continues being way too much fun. :]
Took me some 5 or 6 games to go from 'well, i'm out!' to an actual 'turn off PS3'.

micrometaru.gif

squall211

Gyrian said:
Definitely; U2 continues being way too much fun. :]
Took me some 5 or 6 games to go from 'well, i'm out!' to an actual 'turn off PS3'.

micrometaru.gif
[/QUOTE

it really turns into so much fun with a group of skilled ppl too

Has a lot changed gameplay-wise since release? I'm interested in playing online a bit again but I wondered if there were any big changes.

squall211 said:
Has a lot changed gameplay-wise since release? I'm interested in playing online a bit again but I wondered if there were any big changes.

hell yeah! but theres been so many changes that i cant really even remember how it was in the beginning. i just remember that it was better. grenades though; they are pitiful now. it will only kill if it is right next to the person. maybe someone else can detail the rest

Irish

squall211 said:

Well, it has changed a ton. If you liked it in the beginning, you probably won't like it nearly as much now. Then again, if you weren't a big fan of it at first, you may love it.

Basically, it turned from more of strategy/tactical shooter into more of a twitch-based one.

Irish said:
Well, it has changed a ton. If you liked it in the beginning, you probably won't like it nearly as much now. Then again, if you weren't a big fan of it at first, you may love it.

Basically, it turned from more of strategy/tactical shooter into more of a twitch-based one.
you forgot to cry about grenade nerfs:lol

VulcanVillain

Neo Member
Irish said:

I was thinking lag-based. I can deal with SA abuse and campers, but lag lately has been close to insufferable. I just started picking this game up again after a lengthy layoff, so I know I'm a bit rusty...maybe it's just me (but I'm pretty sure it's not).

grimmbomb

VulcanVillain said:
I was thinking lag-based. I can deal with SA abuse and campers, but lag lately has been close to insufferable. I just started picking this game up again after a lengthy layoff, so I know I'm a bit rusty...maybe it's just me (but I'm pretty sure it's not).

Not just you. Lag is terrible...

I'm pretty sure I just saw Elena (Emily Rose) in an ad for a new show called "Haven" that'll be airing on syfy. I'm not 100% certain because I didn't notice until I heard the voice as I was talking to my wife who is watching Aliens on that channel right now. If so... good for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom