• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got this game, im at chapter 19 or so and the campaign is fantastic. I'm surprised at how much better this is than Drake's fortune, which was my former game of the generation.
It sucks that the online doesn't work for me, during the first beta( the one you got when you purchased infamous) it played excellently and I loved every second of it but whenever I get into a match my character just freezes and I can't move but everyone around me is playing perfectly fine, this seriously blows.

Levi

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:
you forgot to cry about grenade nerfs:lol
Just reread the Game Informer review of UC2, and they specifically call out the grenade play in UC2 multi as being exceptionally fun. :(

I thought the grenades were broken before update.

Now it takes a lot more skill to use it rather than running around and tapping the grenade button.

Irish

I'm not so sure about that. You can peg a guy in the head with a grenade now and it won't even be a guaranteed stun. I never had a problem dodging grenades even with the larger radius because you could always tell where and when one would explode. Of course, I was also insanely skilled with my grenade tosses, most of which led to instant death for my enemy.

Levi

Banned
Lol, my standard issue "throw grenade at treasure before going to pick it up to kill any enemies who might get their first" strategy back-fired total when playing with Seks, since he couldn't hear my warnings not to rush the treasure. :(

Yeef

GeneralIroh said:
I thought the grenades were broken before update.

Now it takes a lot more skill to use it rather than running around and tapping the grenade button.
The grenades were always broken and still are. They're extremely inconsistent. Before the change you'd die from seemingly far outside of the radius. Now people don't even get stunned when they're standing right on top of the grenade. I suspect the problem stems from lag/syncing issues, but it's annoying either way. Still, I'd prefer grenades if they were somewhere inbetween what they are now and what they used to be.

Irish said:
I'm not so sure about that. You can peg a guy in the head with a grenade now and it won't even be a guaranteed stun. I never had a problem dodging grenades even with the larger radius because you could always tell where and when one would explode. Of course, I was also insanely skilled with my grenade tosses, most of which led to instant death for my enemy.

I miss the grenade days. So satisfying to place one as a trap, around corners, etc.

Oh well, as much as I loved it, I kinda moved on.

TheThunder said:
naaah the game is definitely better than the first one.

DF is overhyped around here not even worth $30 but UC2 is definitely worth $60, the online is not that great however.

Nah. I am now at the last boss and it's probably one of the stupidest boss i've ever fought. It's frustrating :p U2 feels so formulaic. It fails at being a movie, despite being a good game.

Anyway, I gotta say that so far I liked Uncharted DF better =P I gotta try U2 online though. I've just changed my place around so I haven't gotten my wireless setup.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why so many ch-ch-ch-changes?
Bowiechanges2.jpg

May we at least have a Lab weekend of 1.04/no boosters?

Sohter.Nura said:
Nah. I am now at the last boss and it's probably one of the stupidest boss i've ever fought. It's frustrating :p U2 feels so formulaic. It fails at being a movie, despite being a good game.

Anyway, I gotta say that so far I liked Uncharted DF better =P I gotta try U2 online though. I've just changed my place around so I haven't gotten my wireless setup.
All the MP in UC2 is great, but in terms of the SP campaign I agree I enjoyed the first more.

Filldough

BobTheFork said:
All the MP in UC2 is great, but in terms of the SP campaign I agree I enjoyed the first more.

Fork over the drugs Bob. You're clearly hoarding the good stuff!! (I kid, I loved em both, U2 was better in my opinion but I can definitely see how people would like the first better)

Levi

Banned
Lag + cheap players abusing fleet foot by strafing back and forth over and over = invincibility. Once it gets late and the POS matchmaking starts matching us with people halfway across the world the game turns to shit.

Ah well, many, many good games and lop-sided wins for us until those last two crap-fests. Right now I'm ready to throw the game in the fucking trash but I know I'll be right back online tomorrow. :D See you guys then.

Kittonwy

Banned
VsRobot said:
Lag + cheap players abusing fleet foot by strafing back and forth over and over = invincibility. Once it gets late and the POS matchmaking starts matching us with people halfway across the world the game turns to shit.

Ah well, many, many good games and lop-sided wins for us until those last two crap-fests. Right now I'm ready to throw the game in the fucking trash but I know I'll be right back online tomorrow. :D See you guys then.

LOL u rage-quitted, we were taking quite a beating.
Indifferent2.gif

Levi

Banned
Kittonwy said:
LOL u rage-quitted, we were taking quite a beating.
Indifferent2.gif

There was only 15 seconds left in the match when I left, I didn't leave you guys to twist. It was either rage-quit or rage throw-my-fucking-controller-through-my-tv, and the second option would probably lead to me getting divorced, lol.

Or a new tv, hrm.

Levi

Banned
Arne at Naughtydog.com Blog said:
Welcome back to another episode of “The Lab” and the episode which concludes our first month of this very special playlist. If you’re looking forward to what’s coming up after this weekend in “The Lab” – and we don’t blame you one bit – we’ll be posting the July schedule early next week.

“The Lab” is open from TODAY, Friday, June 25, at 10:00 AM PDT (what time is that in my city?) through Monday, June 28, at 10:00 AM PDT (what time is that in my city?).

This episode of “The Lab” is Sniper Extermination, which features a snipers-only race to see which team can exterminate all the other players first. Get exterminated by an opponent and you’re out for the remainder of that round. Exterminate out all your opponents and your team wins the round. Best of five rounds wins the match. Find some key sniping spots, make sure to watch your six and be very, very careful peeking out from behind cover, lest you be exterminated with one well-placed headshot. Can I say “exterminate” one more time? You bet.

The active maps for this weekend of “The Lab” are:

* The Sanctuary
* The Train Wreck
* The Warzone
* The Lost City

Oh, and we’ve turned off Boosters for “The Lab” playlist so there’s no fools with Situational Awareness messing with the deliberately tense environment of an all snipers, sudden death match.

Do us a favor and log in to UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer next weekend for a little something special. Yes, I said next weekend.

What is The Warzone? Maybe an internal nickname for an old map? I doubt they'd announce a new map with no fanfare like this.

No boosters for Sniper-only Elim is a good idea, no DTI, no Scoped-In, no SA, fuck yeah.

Also, sounds like they're doing something special for the July 4 weekend. Chloe in an American Flag bikini? One can only dream. If it's a 2x cash weekend I'll be bummed because I have to work all three days and I'm real close to 60...

EDIT:

Warzone is Plaza.

Twitter.com/naughtydog said:
@vsrobot It's the Plaza, transposed one of the names for it. Our blog post on NaughtyDog.com has it right now. Correcting the PS.blog soon.

Darkatomz

VsRobot said:
What is The Warzone? Maybe an internal nickname for an old map? I doubt they'd announce a new map with no fanfare like this.

No boosters for Sniper-only Elim is a good idea, no DTI, no Scoped-In, no SA, fuck yeah.

Also, sounds like they're doing something special for the July 4 weekend. Chloe in an American Flag bikini? One can only dream. If it's a 2x cash weekend I'll be bummed because I have to work all three days and I'm real close to 60...
A majority of the boosters affecting attacks don't apply to the power weapons (sniper, nade launcher, rockets, deagle). DTI does nothing to it.

Haven't played this game in over a month. Hell, haven't really played a PS3 game in over a month, since I use my summers to catch up on old gamers. I might log on sometime this weekend during the day if you guys are up for some games.

Kittonwy

Banned
VsRobot said:
There was only 15 seconds left in the match when I left, I didn't leave you guys to twist. It was either rage-quit or rage throw-my-fucking-controller-through-my-tv, and the second option would probably lead to me getting divorced, lol.

Or a new tv, hrm.

I wasn't blaming you for leaving or anything, I was laughing cuz they were trash-talking so much, it was just a brutal match overall, I wish we could have won, it would have been very satifying, if we had a fifth it might have made a difference.
Indifferent2.gif

Chaplain

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/reminder_the_lab_sniper_extermination/

2010-06-25-The-Lab-Sniper-Extermination.png

Welcome back to another episode of “The Lab” and the episode which concludes our first month of this very special playlist. If you’re looking forward to what’s coming up after this weekend in “The Lab” – and we don’t blame you one bit – we’ll be posting the July schedule early next week.

“The Lab” is open from TODAY, Friday, June 25, at 10:00 AM PDT (what time is that in my city?) through Monday, June 28, at 10:00 AM PDT (what time is that in my city?).

This episode of “The Lab” is Sniper Extermination, which features a snipers-only race to see which team can exterminate all the other players first. Get exterminated by an opponent and you’re out for the remainder of that round. Exterminate out all your opponents and your team wins the round. Best of five rounds wins the match. Find some key sniping spots, make sure to watch your six and be very, very careful peeking out from behind cover, lest you be exterminated with one well-placed headshot. Can I say “exterminate” one more time? You bet.

The active maps for this weekend of “The Lab” are:

The Sanctuary
The Train Wreck
The Plaza
The Lost City

Oh, and we’ve turned off Boosters for “The Lab” playlist so there’s no fools with Situational Awareness messing with the deliberately tense environment of an all snipers, sudden death match.

Do us a favor and log in to UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer next weekend for a little something special. Yes, I said next weekend.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Now if only they would turn off SA for all playlists...

Next week is 4th of July weekend so they'll definitely be doing another double cash weekend with something else added

Apparenlty two new multiplayer villain skins have been added; Dutch and Blain available at level 70 and level 80. I first noticed because i went to the leaderboards and I saw that the guy on top was level XX. Any idea who those guys are?

CozMick

Banned
JustHadToJoin said:
Apparenlty two new multiplayer villain skins have been added; Dutch and Blain available at level 70 and level 80. I first noticed because i went to the leaderboards and I saw that the guy on top was level XX. Any idea who those guys are?

Holy shit,

Is this for real?

79 to 80 - $100,000,000,000,000,000 confirmed? :lol

CozMick

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
jesus. Only villain skins too. Hopefully these guys are from UC3.

They're from UC: DF

The guy with the hat is the grenade launcher dude and the other is one of Navarros mercenaries.

alr1ght

:lol :lol 362 MILLION to get to level 80. :lol :lol :lol :lol

That's at least 6,000+ matches after you hit 60.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Who is Dutch and Blain? Any pics? I don't think I'll ever unlock those skins. I'm at level 59 and god, it's taking forever to get to 60. I'm like 3% to 60. They should just make them available for all players.

It's so great to see that there's a no booster playlist. Hopefully they'll implement it on every single playlist for a week to see how that goes. Glad to see some shots from arne about Situational Awareness. What a bullshit booster.

:D More Hero skins please. Villains have so much variety. Make up new characters for the hell of it! I don't want no more skeletons. God, skeletons are the worst things ever.

d0c_zaius

VsRobot said:
You need to make it clear when you're copying someone else's post, son .

Plus I already posted all this info. No need to repost.

Jeezus, get the hell off of your high horse, kid.

His post had an actual link too. But you're still the coolest though!

Wowbagger

New ranks?!? Holy shit!!! What wonderful news. I always regretted boosting my way to 60 using negative boosters. It's silly, I know, but it bums me out when I've played especially well and the money earned is useless.

New skins are nice =)

2010-06-25-Level-Cap.jpg

arne

Wowbagger said:
New ranks?!? Holy shit!!! What wonderful news. I always regretted boosting my way to 60 using negative boosters. It's silly, I know, but it bums me out when I've played especially well and the money earned is useless.

you're like the only one who likes this news.

alr1ght

arne said:
you're like the only one who likes this news.

the concept is good, but unless you live in Uncharted 2's virtual world, you have no chance of getting to 80 until Uncharted 4 comes out.

jett

D-Member
I'm at level 54 and frankly I don't give a shit about leveling up, using negboosters impairs my enjoyment of the game. Half-loaded and Invalid make me change how I play too much for my liking. I've gotten used to the boosters I use too, I guess(rapid hands and sure foot).

TripOpt55

New ranks huh? I'm never going to get to 60 as it is. I can't really bring myself to use negative boosters. I feel like it would kill the fun if I wasn't playing as well. I guess it gives something for level 60's to go after though. I've been playing the game again for the first time in a little while and having a lot of fun with it though. I'll try this new lab out this weekend. I do like those skins though even if I'll never get them.

arne

VulcanVillain said:
And for good reason - Plunder matches are already exploited for farming. How will this fix anything??

We've brought up and tried different solutions to the farming, although the actual solution is something we can't implement without breaking the rest of the game essentially. That's the unfortunate side effect of how some of the game was built.

Although we just came up with a solution to the Plunder farming that may work -- or at least be highly discouraging. I'm not sure if we can really put it in, but we're gonna try it out.

VulcanVillain said:
And....if it's Sniper Extermination....why the hell are Nathan and Chloe toting pistols and shotguns in the graphic?

The graphic is the icon for the playlist in the menu. That way you know what to look for ;)

alr1ght

Why not just leave the money cap @ 50k for Plunder, and $150k for every other mode? That will get rid of the people farming for money, but not much for the KDR whores, which you can't really do much about.

arne

alr1ghtstart said:
Why not just leave the money cap @ 50k for Plunder, and $150k for every other mode? That will get rid of the people farming for money, but not much for the KDR whores, which you can't really do much about.

Can't do that. The money cap is unfortunately global and only one variable. We can't make that kind of change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom