• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewrite said:
Agreed with your point. I absolutely....HATE it when that happens. It's not fun when people rage quit or quit in the beginning of the match and you're left with a crippled team. The matches aren't fun when you're outnumbered.

And another problem: I thought that the idle players were fixed? Two days ago, I was playing co-op and I kept picking up the same idle player in EVERY match. I thought that idle players would get kicked after an idle occurrence, but apparently no. I even added that guy to my block list and I still kept picking that same idle player for like three other matches. And what makes things worse is that when someone quits in a co-op match (either they rage quit or from my experience that stupid idle player), the MATCH ENDS.

WHY!? Let me and my other team mate continue the match. :|
It's funny you should mention that. Was playing with Crush earlier, he went to go do something for one minute. He gets kicked from the game. :lol
I've also run into what you described multiple times as well. Dunno whats going on. D:

Levi

Banned
Replaced my aging 60GB model with a shiny new 120GB Slim. My god, the updates. :/ I'm going to be downloading patches for years and years.

arne

JustHadToJoin said:
from what i understand yes, but i havent tried it yet

Wario64 said:
How would you upload it to Youtube? Arent videos only played from the game-replay viewer?

You can't -- Cinema files are only game data, not a real video file. If we did save video files for replays, then you would be able to upload. However, as they are only game data -- you can only view them in the Cinema are.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Treasure Bearer booster needs to be tweaked to allow normal (1.04) health/1.5x speed. Plunder used to be my favorite, but even touching the treasure now, dead instantly. I can deal with the lower health in the other modes, but it completely broke Plunder to the point where I don't even want to start the game.

Levi

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
Treasure Bearer booster needs to be tweaked to allow normal (1.04) health/1.5x speed. Plunder used to be my favorite, but even touching the treasure now, dead instantly. I can deal with the lower health in the other modes, but it completely broke Plunder to the point where I don't even want to start the game.
Eh, with the fact that you can now throw the treasure as fast and as far as a grenade, TB is pointless. Hopefully when/if they patch out this treasure throwing exploit, they'll address Plunder spawns and general playability.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
you can't even pick it up now without being mowed down. Everyone just camps the treasure because it's a free kill. Pre-1.05 you could pick it up run it a tad, and then throw. Now it's touch the treasure and hopefully you throw it before you're killed. That, along with the terrible spawns makes winning plunder less strategic and more lucky.

jett

D-Member
VsRobot said:
Eh, with the fact that you can now throw the treasure as fast and as far as a grenade, TB is pointless. Hopefully when/if they patch out this treasure throwing exploit, they'll address Plunder spawns and general playability.

wat, this is untrue.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
jett said:
wat, this is untrue.
No. It's true. I've seen happen A LOT of times. I've only done it once, but you can throw the treasure for a very long distance. Across the map. I don't know they do it, but it's possible. I hadn't seen that happen until the recent update.

alr1ghtstart said:
you can't even pick it up now without being mowed down. Everyone just camps the treasure because it's a free kill. Pre-1.05 you could pick it up run it a tad, and then throw. Now it's touch the treasure and hopefully you throw it before you're killed. That, along with the terrible spawns makes winning plunder less strategic and more lucky.
I don't have a problem with that. The reason I die quickly is because I have Invalid on, but whenever I unequip it, it's so much easier to dodge everything and survive a lot more. The problem is that if you're playing with randoms, 99% of the time your team won't give a shit about capturing the treasure or sticking together to protect you. God, fuck those players who just use that mode to get kills.

Irish

jett said:
wat, this is untrue.

No, it's very possible. Well, it was at least. Not sure if it was ever fixed. All you had to do was have at least one grenade and then press L1 to aim the treasure and then double tap L2, holding on the final tap.

Kittonwy

Banned
GGs guys, by the morning I couldn't even aim anymore.
Indifferent2.gif

Dries

So I started Uncharted 1, because I wanted to play that one before I start Uncharted 2. It's a good game, but please tell me Uncharted 2 is waaaay better. I mean.. it starts out awesome with that
temple and german sub
, but after you land on that
unknown island
it's just walking through a
jungle or wrecked village/fortress and shooting the same guys with the same weapons over and over.
I'm in chapter 10 now I think. The story is pretty good though.

So please get me hyped for Uncharted 2 again.

Massa

Irish said:

It's probably not a good idea to post tutorials on how to glitch the game here. :lol

Dries said:
So I started Uncharted 1, because I wanted to play that one before I start Uncharted 2. It's a good game, but please tell me Uncharted 2 is waaaay better. I mean.. it starts out awesome with that
temple and german sub
, but after you land on that
unknown island
it's just walking through a
jungle or wrecked village/fortress and shooting the same guys with the same weapons over and over.
I'm in chapter 10 now I think. The story is pretty good though.

So please get me hyped for Uncharted 2 again.

Well, personally I found that being in that jungle/temple setting in what felt like "uncharted" and somewhat creepy territory never got old.

Uncharted 2 is very different in that aspect, it's basically taking you from one location to the next every few chapters, with set pieces in between to change up the gameplay.

Dries

Massa said:
It's probably not a good idea to post tutorials on how to glitch the game here. :lol

Uncharted 2 is very different in that aspect, it's basically taking you from one location to the next every few chapters, with set pieces in between to change up the gameplay.

Great. That's what I wanted to hear. The location variety in Uncharted 1 isn't that terrific. Still, I'm only in Chapter 10.

_RT_

Went back to the SP for a bit. Finished hard and immediately fired up crushing.
Going back to get all the treasures.

I'm back on UC2. Game just doesn't let go.

Irish

Massa said:

Ha, I'm not even sure if it works anymore. I just had someone show me how to do it in a custom game after it had already been reported. Of course, seeing as how ND has broken the game further with every 'fix', I wouldn't be surprised if you automatically died while picking up the treasure if you happened to have a grenade in your inventory. OR, they may make it impossible to aim with L1 and then throw the treasure.

I'm not just saying that because I dislike the changes made to the gameplay over time. I've just seen them create avoidances to glitches instead of actually fixing them. For example, to fix the 3-booster glitch, they made it impossible to select your boosters a few seconds before the match starts; to prevent out-of-map glitching, they made you die if you even came remotely close to a supposed spot on the map where it was possible to slide through it. Really, they're half-assed fixes that only create new problems instead of solving the old ones.

Jme

arne said:
You can't -- Cinema files are only game data, not a real video file. If we did save video files for replays, then you would be able to upload. However, as they are only game data -- you can only view them in the Cinema are.

Thanks arne, be sure to tell whoever would make that decision to include it in UC3. Or at the very least, an option to "render to video" if the player wanted to export it to youtube/elsewhere.

Also, bring shotgun/pistole only lab back :)

_RT_ said:
Went back to the SP for a bit. Finished hard and immediately fired up crushing.
Going back to get all the treasures.

I'm back on UC2. Game just doesn't let go.

Finished red dead and fancied some UC2 for some odd reason.

Completed on Hard mode as well and got all the treasures, on chapter 5 now of crushing, damn this game is soooo good.

Alex

I found the original to be very iffy, nothing really special in the least. Sequel was a huge, unexpected turn around, IMO.

Erebus

Great now that Sony won't let me add funds to my US account, I cannot buy the "Siege" pack. Any ideas? Would buying one of the these PSN cards let me go through the process?

Dries said:
So what's the main GAF opinion actually? Which Uncharted is better? 1 or 2?
I'd say most GAFers think the 2nd game is a vast improvement over the original. Graphics, gameplay, and set pieces have all been greatly improved. Plus it's got co-op, and competitive MP modes. About the only thing I hear most complaining about nowadays ,is if the story was better than the first or not.

slade

Dries said:
I liked one a lot more then I liked two. Mainly because if you ignore the pretty spectacles in two, you realize that all you're doing is shooting the same guys over and over again. I much preferred the change in tone that the first game had in the middle. It was genuinely creepy at times. They need to reboot the formula for three.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dries said:

I prefer the island-trekking in Drake's Fortune to the globe-trotting in Among Thieves. I mean, you can look out into the vista and see locations you'll soon find yourself in or were at previously. By the time I reached the end I really felt like I'd traversed the entire island in search of this fabled treasure. Everything else is far superior in Among Thieves, though, twhich makes it the better game overall.

One thing I absolutely regret doing in the lead-up to Among Thieves was to absorb as much media on the game as I possibly could. I was fucking hyped. I read scans and interviews, viewed screenshots and trailers, etc. - even going so far as to pre-order it (something I hadn't done since Final Fantasy X) - and although I still fucking loved the game (it's my favourite game this generation, a spot previously held by its predecessor), I couldn't help but feel the experience would've been much greater had I gone in blind as I did with Drake's Fortune (all I saw of the game was the E3 2007 trailer and a few dev. diaries in late 2007 - I didn't own a PS3 till April 2008 and didn't get Drake's Fortune till the middle of the year, so I couldn't even remember anything of the game prior to playing it).

When Uncharted 3 info begins trickling out come December (assuming the game follows a similar unveiling pattern to its predecessor), I'll be paying zero attention to it.

Edit: Speaking of Drake's Fortune, some of you might find this fun fact interesting.

i'd rather shoot the same guys over and over again in among thieves than to shoot even one of those guys in drakes fortune. they were like flies having seizures. ufking endless and jumped around wayyyy too much.

Treb

I liked UC1, but the improved controls in UC2 really made it the better game for me. Mapping grenades to L2 made a huge difference, and taking out enemies in UC2 was a lot more fun with the stealth mechanics.

Massa

JaseC said:
When Uncharted 3 info begins trickling out come December (assuming the game follows a similar unveiling pattern to its predecessor), I'll be paying zero attention to it.

I could be wrong here but I don't Uncharted 3 is coming next year. Infamous 2 is looking like a holiday 2011 game and it would make sense to have more space between these two titles, specially now that they both have the same protagonist. :p It also wouldn't hurt to give Naughty Dog some more breathing time to outdo Uncharted 2, which won't be easy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Massa said:
I could be wrong here but I don't Uncharted 3 is coming next year. Infamous 2 is looking like a holiday 2011 game and it would make sense to have more space between these two titles, specially now that they both have the same protagonist. :p It also wouldn't hurt to give Naughty Dog some more breathing time to outdo Uncharted 2, which won't be easy.

It would make sense for Sony to give ND more time on Uncharted 3 given how successful the franchise is in general and of course the stellar reception of Among Thieves, but on the other hand, as far as we know, Sony currently haven't a big release planned for holiday season 2011. There's no denying inFamous 2 doesn't exactly fit that bill as well as Uncharted 3.

We'll know what Sony's game plan is soon enough.

Rikyfree

In regards to which Uncharted I prefer the most I'll just say this. I didn't put 300 hours into the first one. I also fully expect U3 to come out next year around Sept./Oct. with added MLAA goodness. MLAA in my Uncharted? It's more likely than you think.

JaseC said:
It would make sense for Sony to give ND more time on Uncharted 3 given how successful the franchise is in general and of course the stellar reception of Among Thieves, but on the other hand, as far as we know, Sony currently haven't a big release planned for holiday season 2011. There's no denying inFamous 2 doesn't exactly fit that bill as well as Uncharted 3.

We'll know what Sony's game plan is soon enough.
Actually, I think Infamous 2 would fit the holiday 2011 bill quite nicely if they wanted to give ND more time for Uncharted 3. Or they could always give Insomniac more time on R3 and make that a holiday 2011 title. But I have faith that holiday 2011 is more than enough time for ND to blow us away all over again with Uncharted 3.

Yeef

I'm thinking Infamous 2 will be released Q2 2011. Definitely not a holiday release.

Still I don't think we'll see anything for Uncharted 3 until GDC 2011 at the earliest with a holiday release of the same year.

Massa

Yeef said:
I'm thinking Infamous 2 will be released Q2 2011. Definitely not a holiday release.

Still I don't think we'll see anything for Uncharted 3 until GDC 2011 at the earliest with a holiday release of the same year.

I think it's a late 2011 release because, according to Sucker Punch, they're not even halfway through development.

Resistance 3 is also looking like late 2011 since they haven't even announced it yet.

ZeroRay

Since the Uncharted series likens itself to a summer blockbuster so much, it would be perfect if 3 came out during the summer of 2012.

Gives ND plenty of time to surpass Uncharted 2 and give the PS3 its greatest performance ever.

GGs to VsRobot, CrushDance, Ryanardo, Falthier, and Scored. As much as I disagree with Naughty Dog's decisions, this games still damn fun when the goings good. :D

Gyrian

JaseC said:
Edit: Speaking of Drake's Fortune, some of you might find this fun fact interesting.

Nice catch! It's not just similar, it's exactly it. Same cues, same instruments.
Looks like they borrowed Edmonson's track for the trailer, as it's often done for these.
A good number of these don't sport original compositions made for the movie in question.

Good company there, with Inception. :]

micrometaru.gif

Levi

Banned
Somnium986 said:
GGs to VsRobot, CrushDance, Ryanardo, Falthier, and Scored. As much as I disagree with Naughty Dog's decisions, this games still damn fun when the goings good. :D
Uncharted 2 is a fantastic online game despite their mp-team's post-launch balance adjustments.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Double cash weekend, for 5 days!

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/double_cash_weekend_july_2_july_7/

This weekend marks yet another Double Cash Weekend in UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer!

For the next 5 days, the per-match limit on earned cash will be $150,000. That’s not a typo—we’re running the Double Cash weekend a day longer than typical for a holiday weekend. Make the most of it!

It goes without saying that this is probably a good time to get a leg up on your run to hit level 80. I know I’ll be checking into multiplayer to get a jump on gaining levels.

Double Cash Weekend
Starts: Friday, July 2, 2010 at 10:00 AM PDT
Ends: Wednesday, July 7, 2010 at 10:00 AM PDT

Awesome that it's not just the weekend. Especially since I won't be able to have time to play it this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom