• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
seems like they're trying to fix plunder
http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Mul...k-Plunder-changes-to-curb-griefing/td-p/46353

We've been talking about this a bit more within the studio over the past few days, and refined our potential solution some more:

* Reduce the cash value of all medals BUT
* Increase the overall cash value of all Plunder-specific medals, including scoring with the treasure
* Add a new high-value medal for winning the game within a certain amount of time (say 5 minutes)

Obviously the goal here is to use the increased Plunder-specific medal values to get you really close to the per-match cap so that if you want to maximize your cash-per-hour, you'll be playing the game.

I understand this won't necessarily address the KDR farmers -- but let's consider this idea the first step and see what happens.

hopefully they implement it this weekend

alr1ght

Fat Lazzy for 4th of July?

That medal for winning is a good idea for every playlist as well. Either that or a score multiplier (1.5x) works.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
FUCK YES! Double Cash weekend baby!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I swear, I was pissed off yesterday night because of the horrible experiences I had in Plunder matches, but double cash weekend makes up for it.

<3 <3 <3 <3

It's a good thing you guys are trying to fix Plunder. I appreciate it. I think it's a little bit too late to fix that mode (sigh), but we'll see what happens! Better to adopt a wait-and-see approach! :)

alr1ght

ka-boom for the trophy
plz put bbqs back to normal

ibf7k2.jpg

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
JaseC said:
I prefer the island-trekking in Drake's Fortune to the globe-trotting in Among Thieves.
If you think about it, there's practically as much globe trotting in UC1 as in UC2. Game starts on the boat, then you are in the jungle with Sully, then off to an island with an airplane. This all happens in first four chapters. In UC2, you start off in Turkey, go to Borneo, and from there to Nepal, where you're staying from there on. Again in four chapters. It's true that in UC1 you traversed a smaller piece of land, but in UC2 they also made sure that you're on your feet running around, even when you were travelling on a train, as to not make the journey feel disjointed.

JaseC said:
Edit: Speaking of Drake's Fortune, some of you might find this fun fact interesting.
Ha, that's pretty neat!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gyrian said:
Nice catch! It's not just similar, it's exactly it. Same cues, same instruments.
Looks like they borrowed Edmonson's track for the trailer, as it's often done for these.
A good number of these don't sport original compositions made for the movie in question.

Good company there, with Inception. :]

Yeah, I know. I pointed that out with an edit to that post. ;)

DevilWillcry said:
Actually, I think Infamous 2 would fit the holiday 2011 bill quite nicely if they wanted to give ND more time for Uncharted 3. Or they could always give Insomniac more time on R3 and make that a holiday 2011 title. But I have faith that holiday 2011 is more than enough time for ND to blow us away all over again with Uncharted 3.

Of course, but if Sony were in the position where they need a holiday game and it's a toss-up between inFamous 2 and Uncharted 3, chances are they're going to choose the latter.

Lord Error said:
If you think about it, there's practically as much globe trotting in UC1 as in UC2. Game starts on the boat, then you are in the jungle with Sully, then off to an island with an airplane. This all happens in first four chapters. In UC2, you start off in Turkey, go to Borneo, and from there to Nepal, where you're staying from there on. Again in four chapters. It's true that in UC1 you traversed a smaller piece of land, but in UC2 they also made sure that you're on your feet running around, even when you were travelling on a train, as to not make the journey feel disjointed.

I thought you had a point there, so I read up on the plot of Drake's Fortune as to ascertain the locations you see in the game. Turns out they're not spread apart much at all; you begin the game off the coast of Panama, then travel to the Amazon where you find the u-boat and finally find your way to an uncharted island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. The entire game takes place within a rather small geographical area.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
FUCK Plunder, man. God. I don't even know why I even bother with that bullshit mode now. Every single time I get so pissed off.

Kirous

Neo Member
Somnium986 said:
GGs to VsRobot, CrushDance, Ryanardo, Falthier, and Scored. As much as I disagree with Naughty Dog's decisions, this games still damn fun when the goings good. :D

Yeah. Good games. I'm Falthier by the way. I promise I'll start talking more with you guys, but you guys can be rather intimidating. ;)

I don't know if I want to use negative boosters anymore after reaching lv 60, but a five day douple cash weekend sounds too good to pass up on.

It still continues to be funny to me how many people use deposit in deathmatches.

CozMick

Banned
So is Uncharted-Gaf prodominantly American?

I'd love a few games with you guys but the latency
and the accent :p
annoy me

j/k
:D

crispyben

Had a few games yesterday with CrushDance, BleachEX, Somnium and Kittonwy. My first time in more than two months, wasn't worse than usual, I just mopped up their leftovers... This game is still a lot of fun :D

Gyrian

Great games last night! :]
Joe's double BBQ was something else, considering the effective radius nerf. Hot picture, too.

I love that there's a quality core crowd here that continues to play U2. As long as this is true, U2 won't ever stop being fun.
Thanks for the good times, everyone.

Now, let's meditate this Hammer-only Plunder proposition...

micrometaru.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Gyrian said:
Great games last night! :]
Joe's double BBQ was something else, considering the effective radius nerf. Hot picture, too.

I love that there's a quality core crowd here that continues to play U2. As long as this is true, U2 won't ever stop being fun.
Thanks for the good times, everyone.

Now, let's meditate this Hammer-only Plunder proposition...

micrometaru.gif

Saw u guyz on last night after coming back from watching teh firewerkz, too tired to pway, damn I missed teh BBQ.
Indifferent2.gif

might as well delete the objectives playlist arne. I'm sure you can see in your data that 10, maybe 20 objectives playlist games are played every week. It's impossible to do objectives games only now. I'm willing to bet that any and every person who reads or has even heard of neogaf can't find a game on that playlist.

Darkatomz

Wario64 said:
Double cash weekend, for 5 days!

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/double_cash_weekend_july_2_july_7/

This weekend marks yet another Double Cash Weekend in UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer!

For the next 5 days, the per-match limit on earned cash will be $150,000. That’s not a typo—we’re running the Double Cash weekend a day longer than typical for a holiday weekend. Make the most of it!

It goes without saying that this is probably a good time to get a leg up on your run to hit level 80. I know I’ll be checking into multiplayer to get a jump on gaining levels.

Double Cash Weekend
Starts: Friday, July 2, 2010 at 10:00 AM PDT
Ends: Wednesday, July 7, 2010 at 10:00 AM PDT

Awesome that it's not just the weekend. Especially since I won't be able to have time to play it this weekend
Nice! Thank god it's more than just Saturday and Sunday. I'll be on Monday probably. Hopefully no more lag problems by then...

What fortutious timing for an extended double cash weekend. I put UC2 in for the first time yesterday since my old PS3 and accompanying saves went kapoot.

Fake edit: I'm trying to log into the MP to fiddle about, but it keeps giving me a message saying 'Error getting ticket', anyone know what's up?

Animal

Banned
I am not able to start a single MP game. It keeps looking for players and then quits back to main MP menu.

I don't know what's going on because I have zero problems with other games :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Animal said:
I am not able to start a single MP game. It keeps looking for players and then quits back to main MP menu.

Wait another 12 minutes until the double cash weekend starts.

Animal said:

The matchmaking has been really slow for a lot of players lately. When I was in a party last night we had to back out and reenter the matchmaking at least five times. Even then we would only get paired with a few players. Seems to get better the more you play though.

Yeef

Kittonwy said:
No. There are enough boosters already.
Psh!

I mentioned this back when the new levels were first reveled, but I think they should've added two new negative boosters. This one could've had a medal that's 15k per 2 kills.

One that removes your aiming reticule completely (like veiled, but for aiming as well) and one that disables your ability to use long guns.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Rikyfree said:
That's exactly what I told your mom after I finished! What a coincident.

if you had to tell her, then you weren't that awesome...

kyo_daikun said:
The boss at the end of the train on crushing was a supreme arsehole, may he forever die in agony.
Surprisingly, he only gave me trouble on normal, and hard. Beat him my first time on crushing.
But Lazarevic...:mad:

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
djtortilla said:
soccer jersey skins?

I saw a Euro and Mexican player with soccer jersey in survival coop this morning.

anybody else see them?
Yes. They were included in a super LOOOOOOOOONG live syncing update when you connected to the multiplayer. You can choose up to 16 (?) different Drake/Flynn soccer skins.

JustHadToJoin said:
might as well delete the objectives playlist arne. I'm sure you can see in your data that 10, maybe 20 objectives playlist games are played every week. It's impossible to do objectives games only now. I'm willing to bet that any and every person who reads or has even heard of neogaf can't find a game on that playlist.
I've had no luck with that mode at all so I gave up.

alr1ght

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_lab_july_2010_schedule/
July 9 – 12
Plunder Pistols Only
Plunder. But with Pistols only, no rifles, no power weapons. This should even the odds between the treasure bearer and his assailants as all will be equipped with the relative high-rate of fire and excellent accuracy of the 92FS pistol. This will be a good playlist to hit up if you are still looking to get your Protectorate medal.

July 23 – 26
Grenades Only
Boom.

good luck with that grenades only playlist. They're so shit now that 50 kills will take a half hour.

Gyrian

alr1ghtstart said:
July 23 – 26
Grenades Only
Boom.

good luck with that grenades only playlist. They're so shit now that 50 kills will take a half hour.

This might be interesting if it came with the old blast radius.
A variation I'm sure GAF would've come up with, if grenades were plentiful enough. :]

micrometaru.gif

Wowbagger

Plunder with pistols only sounds fun. Doubt it will be much easier to get Protectorate medals, as the pistol is quite lethal, but I'll give it a shot. Bums me out not having 100% in one of my favourite games. :'(

Grenades only?!? Eh, can you do a melee attack without a weapon equipped? If so, I predict more kills from melee than nades. Nades aren't very effective against moving targets and why would you stand still when no one is firing on you? :/

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm so in with Plunder with pure pistols. It sounds like it could REALLY mix things up instead of the bullshit I deal with every match.

lol @ grenade only matches. I don't know if that's going to be fun at all. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom