• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
alr1ghtstart said:
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_lab_july_2010_schedule/
July 9 – 12
Plunder Pistols Only
Plunder. But with Pistols only, no rifles, no power weapons. This should even the odds between the treasure bearer and his assailants as all will be equipped with the relative high-rate of fire and excellent accuracy of the 92FS pistol. This will be a good playlist to hit up if you are still looking to get your Protectorate medal.
Now this sounds fun.

alr1ghtstart said:
July 23 – 26
Grenades Only
Boom.
Wtf? D:

fixuis

Okay this is getting ridiculous. I've tried deleting game data, switching Id but I keep getting the error Sync model crap and can't get online. Any hints?

Jaroof

fixuis said:
Okay this is getting ridiculous. I've tried deleting game data, switching Id but I keep getting the error Sync model crap and can't get online. Any hints?

Keep trying to log on. :p
That happened to me too.
It's because of all the new skins that were added, I believe..
It took like 10-15 minutes to get on.

Treb

Yeah I had trouble connecting to the servers yesterday as well. I kept getting "Error getting ticket", so I had to keep signing off and logging back in to get it to work.

Also, Plunder Pistols mode sounds interesting. :]

Yeef

Plunder pistols only sounds cool.

Grenades only better have no boosters or something. Otherwise everyone will just run sure foot and it'll take forever to get any kills.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
fixuis said:
My friend also has this problem. :(

Me and him tried to play last week, but he kept getting the same errors you're getting. Error syncing levels, error syncing models. He has never played online before and it was going to be his first time last week. Alas, it wasn't possible.

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
July 9 – 12
Plunder Pistols Only
Plunder. But with Pistols only, no rifles, no power weapons. This should even the odds between the treasure bearer and his assailants as all will be equipped with the relative high-rate of fire and excellent accuracy of the 92FS pistol. This will be a good playlist to hit up if you are still looking to get your Protectorate medal.

That's like giving me a gigantic ball of yarn.
Indifferent2.gif

Jaroof

alr1ghtstart said:
July 9 – 12
Plunder Pistols Only

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Expect me and TheAdamastor to be all up on this. :D

Irish

Gyrian said:
A variation I'm sure GAF would've come up with, if grenades were plentiful enough. :]

Would have? How about 'already did'? Because we have and it took a ton of time to finish the round.

Massa

alr1ghtstart said:
July 9 – 12
Plunder Pistols Only

The bold should read July 2 - forever.

:D

Gyrian

Irish said:
Would have? How about 'already did'? Because we have and it took a ton of time to finish the round.

I'm aware.

It's to say that we've explored and exhausted every possibility when it comes to U2.
If there had been a practical way to set up a proper, dynamic grenade-only game like the lab may now provide, we would have figured it out months ago and still be playing it today from time to time. :]

micrometaru.gif

jett

D-Member
1.- matchmaking is borked tonight

2.- holy crap lots of that plunder-throwing glitching tonight like you guys said. Has this been going for long? First time I notice.

Darkatomz

alr1ghtstart said:
July 9 – 12
Plunder Pistols Only

July 23 – 26
Grenades Only
Boom.

good luck with that grenades only playlist. They're so shit now that 50 kills will take a half hour.
Plunder pistols sounds AWESOME!! Definitely a playlist I can get behind. Nades only... probably not so much.

TripOpt55

Ran into a lot of camping tonight for some reason. Wasn't very fun. Hopefully it was just a bad stretch of games. I'll try to get back into it tomorrow for some of the Double-Cash.

Levi

Banned
You Run, I'll Shoot is the dumbest Uncharted 2 trophy, one I never thought I'd get, but thanks to Ryan for organizing an epic farming session a bunch of us in Uncharted 2 Gaf managed to lay hands on it. :D Special thanks to CJ, who stayed up way too late, and Kittonwy, who already had the trophy and (mostly) cooperated in our dumb boosting--love you Kitty.

Jeers to you-know-who for conveniently losing count and racking up a 93-3 score while obtaining 17 Protectorate medals. I really thought I was about to get screwed out of my chance, just like what happened when we boosted the Ninja medal--which I still don't have.

BUT! We managed to keep it together long enough for the last of us to get our trophies, and for that, Uncharted 2 GAF will always have a special place in my heart (and my trophy cabinet).

Yeef

OMEGA BOOST!

I'm not normally a fan of boosting of any kind, but that trophy is just ridiculous and I had fun while getting it. Hooray for GAF.

Poor jme, though.

Rikyfree

I remember during our gaf only play session that we do a pistol only plunder. And now the whole community is doing it! This mode is one I feel will really stick.

Wowbagger

VsRobot said:
You Run, I'll Shoot is the dumbest Uncharted 2 trophy, one I never thought I'd get, but thanks to Ryan for organizing an epic farming session a bunch of us in Uncharted 2 Gaf managed to lay hands on it. :D Special thanks to CJ, who stayed up way too late, and Kittonwy, who already had the trophy and (mostly) cooperated in our dumb boosting--love you Kitty.

Dammit! I always seem to miss the GAF boosting parties. :'(

Gyrian

VsRobot said:
Jeers to you-know-who for conveniently losing count and racking up a 93-3 score while obtaining 17 Protectorate medals.

95-3. 95 freaking 3.

Also on the news, team of 10 veteran U2 GAFers get so involved in routine, they collectively forget how to count.
We almost did the whole thing twice, haha. :s

Last night, U2 delivered again. The biggest reason it's still ridiculous amounts of fun is the tightly knit community we have here.
Thanks for all the good times, gang.

And a special thanks to CHRP, for an epic crushing co-op 2p session yesterday. :]

micrometaru.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeef said:
Grenades only better have no boosters or something. Otherwise everyone will just run sure foot and it'll take forever to get any kills.

ND, being smart? You're crazy, Yeefles. <3

I may do Plunder Pistols if you/vs drag me into it. It doesn't sound as horrible as the others.

Where is my "I don't like any of these options, give me something else" poll option on ND.com's poll? ARGH. ARNEEEEEEEE.

Levi

Banned
Next time we "accidentally" meet in match-making, it's on like donkey kong. No boosting, no nonsense--just straight murdering people in the faces.

Kittonwy

Banned
VsRobot said:
Next time we "accidentally" meet in match-making, it's on like donkey kong. No boosting, no nonsense--just straight murdering people in the faces.

You had no idea how hard it was for me to refrain from killing you all.
Indifferent2.gif

CrushDance said:
At least all my medals are legit and earned the hard way. I'm ashamed to say I know you guys now.

:lol Are you still on for, 1 on all matches? You'd be racking them Wipeout medals like no business.

Aw, I miss those U2 GAF days, I ought to bounce back in with the rest of the pack.

Amytime guys. Actually we did a 5 vs 1 match on...Friday was it? And within a minute, CHRP canceled the game. The fear was palpable. <3

Yeef

alr1ghtstart said:
The Protectorate medal is the only one I wouldn't feel bad about boosting.
The fact that it took a [mostly] well-organized group a whole night to get it just shows how ridiculous it is. I honestly don't see it being possible to get naturally. It's always better to throw the treasure than carry it. It's faster and with the reduced health anyone carrying it gets mowed down too fast to actually get the medal.

It's also ridiculous that Protectorate takes FIVE carrier defending kills instead of 1 or 2. It seems the only way to 'naturally' get it would be for one person to carry the treasure as bait and have everyone else camp for an ambush. Even then, the other team would likely catch on before you got your five kills.

CozMick

Banned
I feel so dirty using Invalid and Half loaded. :lol

Getting 10 kills 15 deaths and finishing with $150,000.

Then watching SA noobs get $20-30,000.

Love it.

Levi

Banned
Managed to hit level 60 today-- glad I got it before ND lowered the requirements for 60.

Apparently, the level progression is getting reworked in order to make it less insane to hit 80-- which makes sense, but I wanted to hit 60 legit while that is still an accomplishment worth being proud of.

Wowbagger

They should take another stab at the new rank icons too. The black X is much cooler looking and easier to read than the pink XI that I'm now stuck with. I realize the icons have to be of a certain size, but we could at least have gotten unique colours. I don't want to be mistaken for some 50ish noob, dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom