• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoboman said:
No way. You're crazy

I loved Navarro and Roman. Both of them had some level of charm and personality which is the complete opposite of Lazarevic. Lazarevic was an extremely one-dimensional, cookie cutter villain with absolutely no connection to Nathan or any kind of character development at all. I'm not entirely sure that Amy could have written in a mole stale villain that I absolutely did not care about.

Flynn was cool, but misused and
had an incredibly lame and anti-climactic death

Kittonwy

Banned
brandonh83 said:
I'd say Uncharted 1 is better in a few ways, namely the story/villains.

umad?
Indifferent2.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Rewrite said:
I wish you guys can see this god damn bullshit if you haven't experienced it yet. Nothing is worse than being on a team that doesn't give a shit if your treasure is within fucking reach of the treasure box. God.

YES. GOD. JUST MOVE THE GODDAMN THING. If you die, GREAT YOU HELPED MOVE IT IN THE PROCESS!

Fucking shit, that's why I hate playing Plunder with randoms. They basically think it's "Team Deathmatch with a Shiny Gold Head in the map." FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.jpg

dralla

brandonh83 said:
I loved Navarro and Roman. Both of them had some level of charm and personality which is the complete opposite of Lazarevic. Lazarevic was an extremely one-dimensional, cookie cutter villain with absolutely no connection to Nathan or any kind of character development at all. I'm not entirely sure that Amy could have written in a mole stale villain that I absolutely did not care about.

Flynn was cool, but misused and
had an incredibly lame and anti-climactic death
Navarro and Roman barely got any screen time, they weren't developed at all. Laz is the more predictable villain but definitely more fleshed out.

dralla said:
Navarro and Roman barely got any screen time, they weren't developed at all. Laz is the more predictable villain but definitely more fleshed out.

whaaa

I certainly do not recall Lazarevic getting more screentime, but even if that's the case, I still didn't find him to be anything close to a fleshed-out villain.

Animal

Banned
I think it would be cool if in a future Uncharted game Nathan dies and you continue playing as Chloe or some new character. :D

Actually forget Chloe. I'd rather play as Elena so I could stare at her bum all day.

rvy

Banned
CozMick said:
I'm giving you fair warning.

EVERY OTHER GAME YOU PLAY AFTER UNCHARTED 2 WILL SEEM THAT LITTLE BIT SHITTER.

I kid you not.
Some of them are borderline unplayable : (

arne

Wowbagger said:
ND's forum doesn't like Opera. Whatever you do, if using Opera, do not click Preview! Lost my whole fucking post. Then after retyping and posting I realized I wanted to edit, but the damn options menu wouldn't pop up; I was just brought back to the top of the page. ARRRGH.

Edit: Oh, and it likes to merge my paragraphs. Just lovely.

have you tried the PlayStation.com forums or other Lithium-based forums? Just wanted to check out if it's an issue with only our forums or perhaps with how Lithium's forums work.

Can't check with Opera at work, so I can't do this for myself.

arne

CozMick said:
My biggest "What the Fuck!" in this game is Elimination.

Why oh why, do you get less cash for kills in this game-mode? shouldn't it be at least double compared to DM?

I would play it religiously if the cash was meaningful to my rank :(

Just doesn't make sense.

We're working on that.

Animal said:
I think it would be cool if in a future Uncharted game Nathan dies and you continue playing as Chloe or some new character. :D

Actually forget Chloe. I'd rather play as Elena so I could stare at her bum all day.

I think Drake needs a guy friend

KZObsessed

A prequel where we play as Sully is what we need. His exploits when he was young, give him an epic flowing mullet and bam, Uncharted 2 surpassed.

Jme

KZObsessed said:
A prequel where we play as Sully is what we need. His exploits when he was young, give him an epic flowing mullet and bam, Uncharted 2 surpassed.

Uncharted: Origins
Sullivan's Big Score: When Drake Met Sully

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
KZObsessed said:

Un chart ed 3: Sully Fucker. (UCE3: SF)

Big Sully infiltrates the Lima bars for young barmaids.

Yeef

ombz said:
Can't wait to get this game for my birthday
Your REAL birthday is in November, but your parents wanted to keep the game for themselves. I guess they finally realized that they'd have to give it to you at some point.

Kittonwy said:

No offense to you, but why are people surprised? Some people prefer it.... big whoop. No one is saying they hate 2, they just have a special place in their heart for part 1. Inferior controls, graphics (in some areas, not all), and action scenarios be damned, I prefer UDF MAINLY because A) It introduced me to these characters and the mythos and B) It was so refreshing playing a game like that at the time.

With that said... AT is one of the best games I've ever played.

Does anyone have any idea why Uncharted 2's online doesn't work for me?
First of all, It worked perfectly in the first beta. When the demo was released I had the same problems with the online as I do now. Trying to connect to the servers is a bitch in itself as it often takes more than 10 minutes to connect with every few seconds a message appears, saying that its syncing live data or something. After it connects finding a game isn't a problem at all but once the game starts the real shit starts happening. My character can't move at all he just stands there for the entirety of the game but if I'm lucky at some point during the match I can move for a whopping 3 seconds at most.

Irish

Yeah, the first Uncharted definitely had a more interesting and mysterious plot. Of course, the set pieces and whatnot were much better in the second game.

Levi

Banned
Damn you guys. I had managed to convince myself that the Plat was enough, but after grabbing the Protectorate trophy (You run, I'll shoot) my trophy lust has been awakened. With just two left to get, I've been working on the BBQ trophy. Only problem is, I am the worst BBQ-player in the world. :(

Of course, I can't stop trying to get it, and I am having zero fun failing over and over...

I blame all of you. I heard a rumor they still run 1.04 up in Heaven, and no one glitches or uses SA.

Baby Jesus, I'm coming up to see you soon! /wrist

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
VsRobot said:
Damn you guys. I had managed to convince myself that the Plat was enough, but after grabbing the Protectorate trophy (You run, I'll shoot) my trophy lust has been awakened. With just two left to get, I've been working on the BBQ trophy. Only problem is, I am the worst BBQ-player in the world. :(

Of course, I can't stop trying to get it, and I am having zero fun failing over and over...

I blame all of you. I heard a rumor they still run 1.04 up in Heaven, and no one glitches or uses SA.

Baby Jesus, I'm coming up to see you soon! /wrist

Sanctuary is a good map for it. A lot of people run right by the propane tank first thing when the match starts. I've even gotten a double BBQ in that spot.

Replaying SP; Why aren't there any Borneo mp maps? Any word on another map pack? I haven't played mp in a good while and would love an excuse to get back into it but want something new and refreshing for everyone playing.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I got an amazing BBQ last night by randomly firing across High Rise as soon as the match started during a DM RPG session.

witness

brandonh83 said:
I'd say Uncharted 1 is better in a few ways, namely the story/villains.

Agree, I much prefer the story of the original. The original just had this certain "charm" about it that, for me, the sequel didn't have.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Havnt played this in awhile...for some reason these updates are moving at snail pace...Taking me over 2hours for these small 100MB patches :/

I think the game is getting revenge for leaving it alone for so long

When does the double bonus end? I didn't really get as much play as I hoped I would but I find I can only play an hour or so of MP at a time, plus I had the SP nagging at me and Demon's Souls.

Darkatomz

Die Squirrel Die said:
When does the double bonus end? I didn't really get as much play as I hoped I would but I find I can only play an hour or so of MP at a time, plus I had the SP nagging at me and Demon's Souls.
Ends tomorrow morning.

Still awaiting the pistol plunder lab this weekend. Arggg, and I gotta keep working on Chrono Cross too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom