• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
I was really down on BBQs after my first day of trying for the trophy, but then it only took me 2 play-sessions to get the 10 I needed. :D I now have another tool in my arsenal!

I got addicted to Trickys during dcw, got 90 in two days, now I try for at least a few every match. I'll also take any opportunity for a Put 'em Down--I love telling someone they just got put down. ;) I'm bad!

Still love this game, when there is minimal lag nothing is better.

Best moment of the day: one-shotting a scrub who was doing the pump taunt over Som's corpse. Went 11-1 on Flooded Ruins chilling in the dome with Sniper Rifle and Deser Eagle, lawl.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So people can glitch in High Rise as I've reported the other day and today I found people glitching in The Sanctuary. WTF? They glitch where the Grenade Launcher is at and they also glitch where the shotgun is at (at the top of that house). And it looks so easy to do too.

Rewrite said:
So people can glitch in High Rise as I've reported the other day and today I found people glitching in The Sanctuary. WTF? They glitch where the Grenade Launcher is at and they also glitch where the shotgun is at (at the top of that house). And it looks so easy to do too.
Some GAFers were talking about this in the chat. They just need to put a huge killzone on anything that is out of bounds. Like behind every wall, under the map. They'll always find a way to glitch through something. Dunno if it would be easy to do though. UC3 maybe.

Dries said:
Holy Fucking Shit.
:lol :lol :lol :lol Thats pretty much what everyone says within there first few hours of U2!!!

On another note, I found out tonight I suck when I get distracted by great conversations! Oh well, I play this game for fun, and last night, despite all the lag near the end, was fun as hell!!!!

Gyrian

cjtiger300 said:
On another note, I found out tonight I suck when I get distracted by great conversations!

I've known this for a while; it's really conflicting, haha.
On one hand, the conversation is getting great, on the other hand, I'm becoming rather useless. :p

micrometaru.gif

Levi

Banned
Tonight I'm going to play a little Burnout Paradise with CHRP (and whoever else we can rope in) but afterwards I am so down from some Pistol Plunder.

Hopefully they put this in as a custom game variation we can choose even after the lab is done.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Game Analyst said:
“The Lab” Plunder Pistols Only is live:

http://www.naughtydog.com/images/uploads/2010-07-08-The-Lab-Plunder-Pistols-Only.png[IMG]

[url]http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/reminder_the_lab_plunder_pistols_only/[/url][/QUOTE]
FUCK yeah baby! I can't wait to try this when I get home!!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, pistols only Plunder is a blast. Pistols are my favorite weapon anyway, so I'm in heaven. :D

Jaroof

I do :D

Used to use FAL and AK from time to time.. but ever since they changed the health, it left me feeling kinda cheap. You die so quickly from both of those.
I don't really even use any of the power weapons.
Pistols are that much fun :D

Irish

Kittonwy said:
It haz happened, Uncharted 2 MP officially belongz to me, Kitton, teh king of pistolz.
Indifferent2.gif

Remember, I was the one that abdicated my throne.

Anyway, I am so ready for pistols-only plunder.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The Lab is fucking AWESOME. Seriously. This shit needs to stay permanently. Everyone plays differently and sticks together the MAJORITY of the time.*

*Edit:

Out of all the matches I've played, only the other team sticks together. Why do I always have bad luck in getting stuck with a fucking shitty team!? I'm going to fucking cry. :lol

Also, you know what would have made this mode even sweeter? If there were no boosters. That would be SOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome.

Dizzle24

Slightly off topic, but I'm watching some show "Haven" on Syfy and Elena's voice actor, Emily Rose is starring. Her police friend is named Nathan :lol

Levi

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Vitoliez.
Indifferent2.gif

Grats!

On another note, sorry to anyone I made mad, or got mad at! Had a really, really shitty day and it was awesome to blow off steam with you crazy foos.

<3 UC2 GAF.

Irish

That's it. I just ripped the multiplayer portion of the game from the disc. It no longer exists. Tell me when the MP team gets their act together again. I still own the SP, but the MP is no longer in my possession.

Why guys? Why did you do this to me? I was good to you. I even bought all of your DLC. Was the game just too perfect? Did shit go out of balance in the universe and you guys had to ruin one of the most perfect MP games out there so all would be right with the world? I'm not even sure if that was a good enough reason. Pretend your playing Prince of Persia and hit the damn rewind button. Please? Pretty please? I'll buy another new copy if you do.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Dear Naughty Dog,

PLEASE KEEP THIS PLAYLIST OF PISTOLS ONLY PLUNDER MATCHES. It's absolutely fucking incredible.

With love,

Your fans.

Does anyone actually play CO-OP anymore? I have only played one mission (the one on the beta) but I am not going to wait like 30 minutes for matchmaking to team up me with some peeps that disconnect mid-campaign :|

Kittonwy

Banned
Irish said:
That's it. I just ripped the multiplayer portion of the game from the disc. It no longer exists. Tell me when the MP team gets their act together again. I still own the SP, but the MP is no longer in my possession.

Why guys? Why did you do this to me? I was good to you. I even bought all of your DLC. Was the game just too perfect? Did shit go out of balance in the universe and you guys had to ruin one of the most perfect MP games out there so all would be right with the world? I'm not even sure if that was a good enough reason. Pretend your playing Prince of Persia and hit the damn rewind button. Please? Pretty please? I'll buy another new copy if you do.

What happened, why ur ragin. U know plunder spawns aren't exactly perfect, DM is perfectly playable tho. Even then last night pistol onry plunder went very well for our group.
Indifferent2.gif

jett

D-Member
Irish said:

buh bye

Yeef

Haven kind of sucks, but it's got Emily Rose and Eric Balfour. That's enough to keep me watching for at least a few more episodes. With any luck it'll get better.

PetriP-TNT said:
Does anyone actually play CO-OP anymore? I have only played one mission (the one on the beta) but I am not going to wait like 30 minutes for matchmaking to team up me with some peeps that disconnect mid-campaign :|
Most people that play co-op objective do so with friends via custom games. Matchmaking is for fools!

Binabik15

I played U2 for the first time in months yesterday (SP), damn, I totally forgot just how good this game looks :lol

Is it possible to get the MP trophies at this day and age? I guess only the hardcore players are left after all this time. I think I need Gaf fwiends helping me ;_;

Kittonwy

Banned
Binabik15 said:
I played U2 for the first time in months yesterday (SP), damn, I totally forgot just how good this game looks :lol

Is it possible to get the MP trophies at this day and age? I guess only the hardcore players are left after all this time. I think I need Gaf fwiends helping me ;_;

MP trophies aren't difficult actually.

Yeef

Binabik15 said:
But one of them is for co-op, can I just join a random co-op game and not get flooded with hate mail?
If you've played single player then you shouldn't have any issue with co-op. It plays the same, just with other people playing with you.

Competitive multiplayer does play a bit differently than the single player.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, I pretty much only want to play Pistols only Plunder from now on.

I'm down for some co-op later, I've never actually gotten the chance to mess around with that. PSN is the same as my username, Grizzlyjin.

TripOpt55

Man I stink at Pistols Only Plunder, but both times I played it was with a group of randoms versus a team of 4 plus a random I think. That may have been why it went bad. Truth is I'm not too good with pistols and Plunder really isn't my favorite either just because I'm usually playing with randoms.

I've been really enjoying this game lately though. For some reason a few of my friends just started playing the online lately. Not sure why so late but better late then never. Been playing pretty well too.

And I watched Haven. Nothing special. A little generic even, but I'll keep watching for the time being because of Emily Rose. Maybe it will get better.

Levi

Banned
Moment of the day (so far): sick double BBQ on Temple, my first "two dudes, one propane tank" moment. Also had a real nice Put 'Em Down on Fort on some scrub rushing the rocket launcher-- staggered him as he was picking it up with a misthrown grenade, hit him with a couple quick pistol shots. He got to watch me steal his rocket on his death cam. :)

Now that I don't need money or trophies, I'm trying to not just get kills, but get the tougher medals for those kills.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't want the pistols only Plunder matches to ever end. They're such a fucking blast. Please keep it, Naughty Dog.

Also, you know what I noticed!?

NEW PEOPLE.

Seriously, new players playing online. Level 1's playing the Pistols Only Plunder matches. Me and my buddy were SHOCKED because out of every mode we've played, we had never seen such an influx of low level players. It's always Level 30's and up. I don't know what you guys did, but it's nice to see new players (who can't play for shit lol) get into the online action.

VsRobot said:
Som's super lucky double-BBQ today had us laughing for the nxt few matches. :D
My luckiest BBQ ever!

nd91g1.jpg

Uh, I'm sorry Tenzin, do you have a plan to go with that propane tank?

vwy7fb.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

2v35zew.jpg

DON"T MESS WITH EDDY RAJA!

Atrus said:
So I was just watching an Inception trailer on TV just now and could have sworn that the theme they used came from Uncharted.

What say you GAF? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5q6SCGyuVY&feature=player_embedded

Am I right or has Uncharted warped my brain? It starts at the 17 or 18 second mark.

Yeah, it's been discussed a page or 2 back. It definitely is the music.

It sort of gave me the idea of Dicap as Drake... but I'm not sure if that would be popular or a good choice even. Can he perform Drake's character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom