• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrus

Gold Member
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Yeah, it's been discussed a page or 2 back. It definitely is the music.

It sort of gave me the idea of Dicap as Drake... but I'm not sure if that would be popular or a good choice even. Can he perform Drake's character?

dralla said:
definitely sounds like "bustin' chops" on the OST

That's good news. I couldn't figure out which track it could belong to after searching Youtube and began to to question myself when other people around me couldn't remember it.

Turns out it is Unlocking the Past from the first Uncharted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvws9cWanos#t=98

Kittonwy

Banned
Rewrite said:
No more Pistols Only Plunder. :( :( :( :( :(

Bring it baaaaack!

As the king of pistolz I agree.
Indifferent2.gif

How do you guys feel about unlocking skins by accomplishments instead of levels? MEaning, there would be a default amount of skins for heroes and villains, then you can unlock
Winter
Sully
(from end credits)
when you kill an enemy within 10 seconds of starting the game (just an example good or bad i don't know.) Would you like that in the next game so that your skins are more unique and show the community the accomplishments you've gotten?

I thought about that because I read that some people said the dutch and blain are very cool skins since they are so unique. Same with the guy wowbaggr uses, that guy in the black and white suit. nice to be unique

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
JustHadToJoin said:
I thought about that because I read that some people said the dutch and blain are very cool skins since they are so unique. Same with the guy wowbaggr uses, that guy in the black and white suit. nice to be unique
I disagree with your previous post (except more Sully skins please), but I will address this one. The guy in black white suit can be obtained if you buy the Indra episodes or something. As for Dutch and Blain, I hate that those skins are unlocked when you reach Level 70 & 80. It takes FOREVER to level up. I just reached Level 60 the other day and I have been playing this game since it was released last year. I honestly don't see myself being level 70/80 ever (since I'm happy to finally have reached what's to me the max level) because it will take like another year for me to do so.

I know it's a good incentive to give people skins for reaching higher levels, but I personally think it's a little lame that we're never going to play as those characters. I think they should be available to purchase at higher prices if you're not at the required level to unlock.

jett

D-Member
Why is the word Rock banned to use as a tag now?

edit: nm seems there's something with the server that crosschecks that

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
OK. I know you guys are going to be like, "Oh, it's that guy that comes and bitches"

BUT

I don't know what the fuck happened right now, but I'll try to explain:

Map is The Flooded Ruins. 11 minutes in the match, a player did NOT appear in the map and was able to kill, punch anyone across the map, AND score the treasure without being detected at ALL. It was like he was invisible running around the map. I'm watching the replay right now and it's in this area and this is what the player's screen looks like:

Lvqk8.jpg

It's just focused like that for like half of the match. However, with the free roam camera option, you can see (you obviously can't "see") that it's someone who is invisible killing people around the map and even throwing the treasure.

What gives?

Can you guys just have it automatically kill anyone that manages to glitch!? This is getting out of hand...

Levi

Banned
Dead body glitch, find his body and "kill" it and he'll start spawning normally again. Isn't something people can do on purpose (as far as I know) but happens sometimes when server lags as dude is respawning.

Kittonwy

Banned
Probably the dead-body glitch, you have to kill the dead body to stop him from invisibly killing people, it's pretty stupid but it doesn't happen that often.
Indifferent2.gif

Yeef

JustHadToJoin said:
How do you guys feel about unlocking skins by accomplishments instead of levels? MEaning, there would be a default amount of skins for heroes and villains, then you can unlock
Winter
Sully
(from end credits)
when you kill an enemy within 10 seconds of starting the game (just an example good or bad i don't know.) Would you like that in the next game so that your skins are more unique and show the community the accomplishments you've gotten?

I might be in the minority, but I wouldn't mind a title and icon system like Street Fighter 4 has (and MW2 rightfully borrowed). It doesn't change the gameplay but still affords players a bit of creative expression. As far as skins are concerned: there's like 45ish skins and games are, at most, 10 players. There shouldn't be any problem with being 'unique.' The problem is that so many skins are silent (And people like to use that as an advantage) that most games don't really have much 'character' to speak of.

In the next Uncharted all of the available characters NEED to have voices and sound effects. In addition, what I'd like to see in Uncharted 3 is for them to take a page from Valve's book. In both Left4Dead games as well as TF2 the different characters have tons and tons of context-specific lines based on lots of different variables. For example, if you're playing as Sully and you kill an enemy who's attacking a Drake the lines that either character might spit out would be different if it were Sully rescuing a Chloe or Rika attacking an Eddy. They already do something similar in single player. The Uncharted universe has tons of great characters, but I feel like the multiplayer does them a disservice.

Wowbagger

VsRobot said:
Dead body glitch, find his body and "kill" it and he'll start spawning normally again. Isn't something people can do on purpose (as far as I know) but happens sometimes when server lags as dude is respawning.

Worth noting that it's hard to tell when you're glitched like this. Happened to me once -- I thought I had one of my rare CHRP-like matches, but then I got some crazy hate messages afterwards. :/

Oh, and it's not always possible to kill the invisible player by attacking his dead body. In fact, the last few times this has happened I have had no luck at all trying to do that. Used to work ages ago, though.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So it was the dead body glitch? Crazy. We couldn't kill him.

Yeef said:
In the next Uncharted all of the available characters NEED to have voices and sound effects. In addition, what I'd like to see in Uncharted 3 is for them to take a page from Valve's book. In both Left4Dead games as well as TF2 the different characters have tons and tons of context-specific lines based on lots of different variables. For example, if you're playing as Sully and you kill an enemy who's attacking a Drake the lines that either character might spit out would be different if it were Sully rescuing a Chloe or Rika attacking an Eddy. They already do something similar in single player. The Uncharted universe has tons of great characters, but I feel like the multiplayer does them a disservice.
It's the skeletons. They fucking ruined the "character" the online had. Everyone uses those god damn skeletons BECAUSE they don't make any noise. It's so boring that way. If it's not the skeletons, it's the other skins from various games that also don't make any noise (I understand the reason behind that, though). Point being: Do not put skeletons in the next game. They are the worst thing ever. Sure, they look cool, but it makes for a boring online experience. I remember back last year when the game had come out (and even in the beta days), it was fun because everyone would have characters that would grunt/say witty shit during the whole match. Now? Hardly.

To put it shortly, I agree with your post.

TripOpt55

Yeef said:
Yeah this all sounds great. And I agree skeletons are lame just because they are silent. I really don't care about the skeleton skins themselves, but the lack of voice is lame and it causes people to use them more than I assume they would otherwise.

Just wanted to jump in and say "Fuck You" to everyone that uses SA when playing against people who wouldn't have access to the counter booster.

The game can be really fun now that many other issues have been resolved, but getting killed over and over by someone who constantly tracks me through walls is definitely not entertaining.

At this rate I will never play long enough to acquire the level needed for Evasion.

Anyone else who chooses the dlc option in profile can't find any games at all, it's like; why did I even buy it. ND should start giving out the maps for free, it's been long enough already.

Solid_Rain said:
Anyone else who chooses the dlc option in profile can't find any games at all, it's like; why did I even buy it. ND should start giving out the maps for free, it's been long enough already.

I have been playing museum, highrise and flooded ruins quite consistently for the past few days. I am using the all competitive modes play list.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
the_prime_mover said:
Just wanted to jump in and say "Fuck You" to everyone that uses SA when playing against people who wouldn't have access to the counter booster.

The game can be really fun now that many other issues have been resolved, but getting killed over and over by someone who constantly tracks me through walls is definitely not entertaining.

At this rate I will never play long enough to acquire the level needed for Evasion.

Welcome to Uncharted 2. Its use is getting more and more prevalent, but I doubt they patch it out (i wish). A simple tweak could fix it (only having it work while standing/not in cover, reveal SA user's position when up is pressed). I swear it used to require you to be standing straight to register, but they may have changed it. Maybe I'm wrong as I've used it a total of about 3 times. I said fuck it, and turned on Come Get Some so I wouldn't rage about it any more.

Levi

Banned
My Uncharted Collection
A Photo Essay by vsrobot

GAF-Uncharted005.jpg

The bulk of my collection, not including posters, the games, and digital-only items.

GAF-Uncharted010.jpg

Detail on this neat paper-clip holder, has two actual treasures! Just need 98 more and I'll get a trophy!

GAF-Uncharted012.jpg

Detail on this promo-only item.

GAF-Uncharted013.jpg

Multiple pages long, mostly featuring screen-shots and a little promo-text.

GAF-Uncharted014.jpg

Another page.

GAF-Uncharted015.jpg

Has a map at the last page.. but what's this?

GAF-Uncharted016.jpg

Lift the map to find an Uncharted 2 lanyard. Attached is selling information on the title, for easy reference if you're a game store employee.

GAF-Uncharted020.jpg

Detail on this spiral-bound notebook. Mine is defective--the inside pages are supposed to have an Uncharted:DF watermark, but mine has RC:ToD pages. Besides Ratchet and Clank, they also made these books with Heavenly Sword art. The cover is actually bumpy.

GAF-Uncharted017.jpg

Soundtrack detail -- and an actual Phurba dagger.

My wishlist includes an Uncharted:DF strategy guide, the Fortune Hunter's Edition, the hardcover art book (I only have the soft-cover due to budget issues) and I really wish they'd make a Nathan Drake statue, figure, or doll.

Bonus picture for Kittonwy:

GAF-Uncharted002.jpg

It's a baby kitty! She is only a few days old, found her abandoned, her litter-mates were all dead, but she's a tough little cookie, which is why I call her baby-grizzly.

jett

D-Member
the_prime_mover said:

SA-use does seem to have escalated lately, pretty much forced me to use evasion. Although it's kinda rewarding when I see one of those shitheads standing trying to use SA and they have no idea I'm right behind them. BOOM HEADSHOT!

ryan-ts

VsRobot said:
Bonus picture for Kittonwy:

GAF-Uncharted002.jpg

It's a baby kitty! She is only a few days old, found her abandoned, her litter-mates were all dead, but she's a tough little cookie, which is why I call her baby-grizzly.

Awww gee, keep us updated please.

Dries

I am even more stoned and I'm liking it even more. Best game evah.

Seriously; best singleplayer campaign ever! Yesh.

alr1ghtstart said:
Welcome to Uncharted 2. Its use is getting more and more prevalent, but I doubt they patch it out (i wish). A simple tweak could fix it (only having it work while standing/not in cover, reveal SA user's position when up is pressed). I swear it used to require you to be standing straight to register, but they may have changed it. Maybe I'm wrong as I've used it a total of about 3 times. I said fuck it, and turned on Come Get Some so I wouldn't rage about it any more.

I think the easiest solution would be too make Evasion available at a much lower level as levels 1-49 have absolutely no defence against it.

Dries said:
Holy Fucking Shit.

The only thing I liked about UC1 more than UC2 was the centralized location. It really made the story less jenky. I may be alone in this but I am going to run through both games here in a few days (I don't have any biases towards them now) and really test out my thoughts but that was my first reaction upon playing UC2.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
electroshockwave said:
I think the easiest solution would be too make Evasion available at a much lower level as levels 1-49 have absolutely no defence against it.
People shouldn't even need to equip Evasion to counter Situational Awareness. That booster should HAVE NEVER EXISTED in the first place.

Levi

Banned
Rewrite said:
People shouldn't even need to equip Evasion to counter Situational Awareness. That booster should HAVE NEVER EXISTED in the first place.

Seriously. I'd love to get my top spot back (for Rapid Hands) but I'm stuck using Evasion so I can avoid getting shotgunned by scrubby players running SI/Bandoleer. :/

The only good part is sneaking up on some chump standing still holding up and murdering his face. "Keep pressing up, it won't protect you from me, champ!" or the always popular, "BEHIND YOU!" (bang)

Props to the idiot who played against us for three rounds, getting worked the whole time, and chanting "[name] is gay" every time he got killed (which was often), and calling us all fags in the match-up screen. Guy was really committed to both his homophobia and his total lack of any kind of skill at the game.

Stand-out moment was the game on Temple where I got a double-BBQ, and (I think) joe and Kittonwy both got simultaneous BBQs. Four freakin' dudes got BBQed in one match! Insane!

Also insane was the random Gaffer we ran into in match-making right as Darkatomz was leaving for the day. We needed another player so I quickly added him to my FL and invited him. Guy was rocking the GAF tag so he got called up to the big leagues. :D

Yeef

I stayed around for a few matches after everyone left because I saw that I only needed on BBQ to get the trophy. It took about 3 matches before I got it, but damn was it annoying getting 20+ kills with a 2:1 ratio or higher and still having a close match/losing. I always measure myself against GAF so I consider myself only slightly above average, but playing with all randoms reminded me that I am, indeed, awesome in the grand scheme of things.

We need to play and win 13 more elimination matches so I can get that trophy too.

VsRobot said:
Also insane was the random Gaffer we ran into in match-making right as Darkatomz was leaving for the day. We needed another player so I quickly added him to my FL and invited him. Guy was rocking the GAF tag so he got called up to the big leagues. :D
Psh. He's been on my list since like 3 days ago. I assumed he was one of those daywalker people that I never play with like CrushDance.

Irish

Rewrite said:

Actually, SA was actually balanced in the 'first place'. In fact, it was pretty worthless back in the day. (DtI was terribly unbalanced back then though.) It only became a problem when the health was lowered because you couldn't counterattack the camping bastard before being shot to death. Before, you could survive a few surprise shots to the back, run, lead the dude into a trap, and then annihilate him all before fully recovering. SA became unbalanced when ND decided to fuck up their game.

Levi

Banned
Irish said:
Actually, SA was actually balanced in the 'first place'.

Nah, just no one ever used it because DTI was more over-powered.

The lowered health did make the game a lot friendlier to campers, which resulted in a lot more people using the camper's favorite booster, SA. But SA was always bullshit.

Irish

Not really, SA didn't make up for skill in the past. Shooting me in the back only revealed your position and allowed me to demolish you with a little CQC.

Levi

Banned
Yeef said:
it's annoying getting 20+ kills with a 2:1 ratio or higher and still having a close match/losing. I always measure myself against GAF so I consider myself only slightly above average, but playing with all randoms reminded me that I am, indeed, awesome in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, I always do way better when there's only 2 or 3 of us in a party. I went 19-8 the other day in a game we lost because a teammate went 2-15 or something crazy like that. That never happens with a full GAF party, even if all you guys are kill-stealing, team-killing, shit-talking assholes. :D

Yeef said:
We need to play and win 13 more elimination matches so I can get that trophy too.

That is the exact number I need, and then I'll be back at 100% trophies for UC2.

Irish said:
to demolish you with a little CQC.

I get the 5 melee kills medal practically every match now. Run around with the pistol only, anyone surprises you around a corner, fire one shot and punch. The pistol is better choice than the AK for a lot of reasons, but its incredibly deadliness in close range makes it the only weapon I need.

Irish

Yeah, I just refuse to steel fist unless I fire as many shots as I did before 1.05. It just feels like cheating to do it the new way.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
VsRobot said:
eBay. Some hippie shop specializing is Tibetan objects. I just searched "phurba dagger". Only around $10 shipped.
Never even crossed my mind to think of a non-game related shop, even though I knew all along it was in fact a real life artifact :lol

TheExecutive said:
The only thing I liked about UC1 more than UC2 was the centralized location. It really made the story less jenky. I may be alone in this but I am going to run through both games here in a few days (I don't have any biases towards them now) and really test out my thoughts but that was my first reaction upon playing UC2.
UC1 doesn't take place in just one location (it does only from chapter 4 and on) - but the locations are closer together than in UC2, where the centralized location more or less starts from chapter 5 - although they 'cheat' with the train ride.

Kirous

Neo Member
Awesome collection you have there VsRobot.

Lots of thanks to Wowbagger, VsRobot, Bleach, DerekS, Gyrian and ScoredLastNite for helping me getting those trophies for the hard and crushing runs in co-op objective. Hopefully I didn't forget anyone. Couldn't have done it without you guys. Have to say the crushing ones were not that bad, but maybe it's because I let you guys do all the hard work for me. :D

SA-using has definitely gotten out of hand. I pretty much have to use evasion all the time now even though I'd rather use rapid hands. Don't want to get killed cheaply all the time. ND should patch sa so that the user's position would also be revealed when they press up. It's kinda weird they have fixed some things that needed fixing like dti and changed things that didn't need any fixing yet nothing has been done about sa even though it's by far the most overpowered booster in the game.

Anyways I've been having a great time when playing with the gaf-crew. We are (usually) unstoppable, especially when CHRP is on our team. I just wish there were more eurogaf playing so I wouldn't have to play in the middle of the night all the time. I don't mind though 'cause I'm having so much fun.

Hey guys just started using Situational Awarenes, pretty fun you should check it out. I mean its pretty unfair that with the extreme lag in this game I can be shot when im running away or I turn a corner. Its only fair that I see the person first so that I can stand a fair chance, right? And now I can show my love for their dead body when i hump taunt it without fear of someone else coming, because I know where everyone is! Anyway I know you guys don't want to use it so next time we play I'll be sure to relay the location of all the enemies for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom