• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

Sony bitching force really will not stop unless an exclusive gets full 100% on metacritic...

It really is something else #_#

snap0212

zoukka said:
Sony bitching force really will not stop unless an exclusive gets full 100% on metacritic...

The problem is that some of those guys have a point but you won't find them because of the amount of bitching Fanboys who see the rating, compare it to other games and freak out.

Don't take reviews so seriously. It's the writer's opinion and just HIS opinion.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
J-Rzez said:
It certainly is tiring. So many sites are incredibly transparent when it comes to this. Double standards are what makes these places a joke. Most "cover it up" with different reviewers and such, but it's a cop out. I never take review scores to heart anymore, nor really get worked up over it, but it really is funny anymore.
I'm sorry, but this is one the most hilarious paragraphs I think I have ever read on GAF.

Firestorm

Seriously. Uncharted 2 is proving to have the worst fanbase on GAF. Maybe it's because I didn't give a shit about Killzone 2 and was staying 100% the fuck out of MGS4 threads for fear of spoilers. Have you people always been this way or is there something in Uncharted that brings out more of the crazy?

Oh, boy, a 9.3?! Man, this game is getting awesome scores all around! I wonder if the official thread has updated it ye-

*enters thread, looks around*

birdshock.gif

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
zoukka said:

IF you read anything, doubt it, you would know it isn't the score people are bitching about. Who am I kidding you just came in to post that and probably never come back.

Firestorm said:
Seriously. Uncharted 2 is proving to have the worst fanbase on GAF. Maybe it's because I didn't give a shit about Killzone 2 and was staying 100% the fuck out of MGS4 threads for fear of spoilers. Have you people always been this way or is there something in Uncharted that brings out more of the crazy?

What an idiot thing to post.

Well folks you see it isn't the "crazies" but people here who want to call everyone in this thread "SDF", "crazies" and crap up this thread.

YoungHav

Banned
Kittonwy said:
No need to be bitter just because you don't like how online is set up in some game by some dev you won't name, in fact that particular game which shall remain nameless plays very well right now and is quite balanced.
packing in only 8 multiplayer maps is hardly balanced.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Firestorm said:
nah, the UC community is alright. this is nothing like the whole KZ2 thing. In this case, it's just a handful of repeat offenders making the whole community look bad.

Firestorm

Lyonaz said:
WTF at Gametrailers review, so many fucking spoilers. =(
Dude. Stay away from video reviews of games you care about.
Text reviews too.
But especially video reviews.

I've skimmed one review and that's it. Staying away. Gonna play the game like it should be played <3

Rez said:
nah, the UC community is alright. this is nothing like the whole KZ2 thing. In this case, it's just a handful of repeat offenders making the whole community look bad.
I saw the stupid gifs around gaf (and the avatars that went way too far beyond release imo), but yeah never entered the threads for an extended period of time.

Speaking of gifs, please keep those uncharted gifs out of topics :(

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Initially, I was put off with some of the...strange comments in GT's review (especially about the first game with the harping on about random shit). Then, as the final clip in the review was shown with the train, all of it went away because this is Un-Fucking-Charted 2 bitches. :lol

It was very strange to hear the undercurrent of bitching that Uncharted 2 wasn't sandbox-ish though. Seriously...what?

For the record, I stopped the review before the scores popped up. No clue what it got and I don't care. :D

kadotsu

Banned
All you people bitching about review scores should remember one thing (besides stfu). Right now, at this very moment someone at Naughty Dog is working on Uncharted 3.

neojubei

Anyone know if the game will be in stores on the 13th or ship on the 13th then arrive on the 14th? I have a long weekend due to the 12th being a holiday and considering taking the 13th off if the game arrives on that date.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Why did I watch the Gametrailers video review??????

I'm so weak......... but I did have the volume off and skimmed through it but damn did they spoil things. Only a week and a half to go.

zoukka

neojubei said:
IF you read anything, doubt it, you would know it isn't the score people are bitching about. Who am I kidding you just came in to post that and probably never come back.

Nah man the score whining is everywhere. It's the conspiracy paranoia that really freaks me out.

klee123

WretchedTruman said:
Oh, boy, a 9.3?! Man, this game is getting awesome scores all around! I wonder if the official thread has updated it ye-

*enters thread, looks around*

birdshock.gif

To be frank, despite what I said before, 9.3 is a great score, but GT's reason to criticize the game is just lame, especially when games like MW2 will definitely get a free pass with regards to originality.

Firestorm said:
Yeah...maybe you shouldn't be in here. This seems like flamebait worthy post.

neojubei

Ballistictiger said:

That's the reason he posted it, you think he actually wants to talk about the game?

Loudninja said:
So can I just listen to the review or am I going to here spoilers still?

If you are talking about gametrailers review or Invisible walls and want to avoid spoilers I recommend you do not watch or listen to either of them.

As for the review I just disagree with what he said about originality in the game since other games are not marked down for being unoriginal, that's all.

Firestorm

Ballistictiger said:
I'm excited about the game. I just don't see why people are so excited about metacritic. Maybe this is why there was that "Official Thread 7 Days Before Release" rule.
Loudninja said:
So can I just listen to the review or am I going to here spoilers still?
Seriously, do my method. Play the game. Finish it. Then look at some reviews. Then again, I'm really anal about spoilers. Well, not anal enough that I've not seen the E3 trailer a half dozen times, but I do hate having things ruined for me - be it plot or area or whatnot.

Loudninja

neojubei said:
That's the reason he posted it, you think he actually wants to talk about the game?

If you are talking about gametrailers review or Invisible walls and want to avoid spoilers I recommend you do not watch or listen to either of them.

Damn what the hell ;(

Talking about it does more good then harping on the people who is already irritated on reviews, which in turn will get pretty ugly.

Any Sully fans here?

neojubei said:

As for the review I just disagree with what he said about originality in the game since other games are not marked down for being unoriginal, that's all.
There is a better approach then to harp on the entire fan base in this thread just because of a few complaints.

spidye

Ballistictiger said:
There is a better approach then to harp on the entire fan base in this thread just because of a few complaints.
to be honest I've seen nothing but these types of posts from him. go to the review thread and look at his post and now this.

Superlative presentation, ok, i think that's fairly self-evident.
No sandbox dimension and derivative gameplay.... well, yeah. What the ef did they expect?

Ploid 3.0

zoukka said:

It seems like people are always licking their lips waiting on someone to disagree with something a review says. Waiting for that one sign of someone possibly complaining about a review not being 100%, 95%, or 90% and not 89%. People are talking about the complaint on it not being original since it usually come up as a wildcard.

Personally I think it mixes things so well it's unique enough. People could barely imagine Uncharted with multiplayer, and multiplayer vs but it's so darn fun now that it's here. It seem like it was meant to be. The same for the cinema stuff, sure a lot of games record replays and let you view them again with different filters, and effects (too bad it don't allow uploading to youtube, yet at least. ND hook us up). ND put their own twist on this mode too I think (I haven't played other games with a machinima like mode). The reason they added things certain gameplay mechanics is because it works well and makes sense. People study history all the time, and it's good we do. By doing so we learn what works, and what's a mistake. Maybe by doing things in Uncharted that can be found in other games, and adding them all together in a good way, other games will find something else to do with them.

Competition push people to go further. It's like Microsoft and Sony doing motion control. Who care if it's original, is it great? Nintendo wasn't first, but their attempt was more popular. Deathmatch isn't new, but maybe adding a twist to it will make things more fun.

"The game isn't original" is the discussion about the score. The score let people know that the guy must have been more let down about the fact that it had elements from other games. It was a high score for whatever section it was in (nothing was below 8 I think) but it started a conversation about it. We have a lot of time to talk about Uncharted 2 news, and this review is something new to discuss (especially the spoilers).

spidye

Ballistictiger said:
Exactly when a new review comes out this thread will shift towards that review. It'll be most likely Edge or Giantbomb's review.
why do you need a review. believe me when I say this game is goty material ;)

Ploid 3.0

YoungHav said:
packing in only 8 multiplayer maps is hardly balanced.

How many maps TF2 had? I think the maps are made very well. Well enough to have good strategies and not feel old. They have good elevation, good counter approaches, and good places to hang for the stylish cover hang shots. The maps are very balanced from what I can tell. Just looking at the map dev walkthroughs show that they put a lot of thought into them. No spot seem too safe, all spots has alternate ways to approach it.

spidye said:
why do you need a review. believe me when I say this game is goty material ;)

Because it's something to talk about while waiting on the game. Sure we have MP but maybe a review will talk about some of the other MP items that aren't in the beta, and possibly more of the co op objective maps.

Ballistictiger said:
Exactly when a new review comes out this thread will shift towards that review. It'll be most likely Edge or Giantbomb's review.

The new Edge just came out so people will have the game by the time the next issue comes out.

Ploid 3.0

kadotsu said:
All you people bitching about review scores should remember one thing (besides stfu). Right now, at this very moment someone at Naughty Dog is working on Uncharted 3.

Maybe the reviewer should have also mentioned that you can't upgrade your vehicle and you can't buy a crib in the game. Uncharted 3 would have been open world, had a original car ownership/tuning system, and it will get slapped again for trying to be like Just Cause. Adding things reviewers complain about isn't something you should want ND to do. They know what kind of game they want to work on. Whether it's double jumping, orb collecting, buddy having Jak, or cover taking, weapon upgrading, perk buying Drake it'll be something they will know what it needs. Heck it might be another awesome kart game that let you make customized games (what weapons you will allow, and powerups), and a lot of improvements that they had ideas bubbling in their heads waiting to mess with.

Sectus

Giantbomb finally posted their review... WTF at their score: 2/5 stars o_O

While Uncharted was a great game despite all its obvious borrowed game mechanics, Uncharted 2 adds nothing new to the table, making all those over-used mechanics really tiring. Imagine Gears of War with Lara Croft's acrobatics and Lost Planet's snow, and that is literally all what this game is.

There's no denying that the game looked brilliant at conventions such as E3, and based on those demos alone I could have easily been tricked into giving the game 5 out of 5 stars. But unfortunately, that's all what it was: a trick. That amazing scene with Drake running out of a building as it collapses, the varied urban scenery and the truck chase sequence... that all happens within the first 10 minutes of the game, and rest of the game is in drab snowy areas with cut-and-paste level design. There's even one level where the enemies respawn 4 times in a row from the same spawn points before you're allowed to proceed. It's mindboggling and they obviously spent the majority of development on the prologue.

You've probably noticed the score by now and must be thinking "If the game is this bad, why is it scored 2 stars instead of 1?" The answer is simple, if you've viewed our Uncharted 2 quick look where all we do is play around in replay mode to get the best screenshots of Chloe's ass... then well, there's the reason. To be honest, there are few other redeeming factors in the game: like the end level finally mixes up things by having Drake on the moon fighting off space lobsters, it is revealed that Drake is actually Jak in disguise and there's a sex scene with Chloe, Drake and Elena. But besides those minor high points, the game is about as entertaining as being slapped around by an oversized frying pan (that is, not very entertaining at all and it physically hurts).

Full review here: http://www.giantbomb.com/uncharted-2-among-thieves/61-22420/reviews/

I'm so so so sorry. Please don't ban me, pretty please.

don't you think Giantbomb guys would be pissed someone used their site for fake reviews?
especially since not many people here will actually click that link and see what it lead to.

Thrakier

So...did the guy in the review say I want to go on to play the U2 Multiplayer because there is no other "good" MP game on the PS3? WTF? XD

jax (old)

Banned
Sectus said:
Giantbomb finally posted their review... WTF at their score: 2/5 stars o_O

Full review here: http://www.giantbomb.com/uncharted-2-among-thieves/61-22420/reviews/

I'm so so so sorry. Please don't ban me, pretty please.

where's the review?

GTFO!

Thrakier said:
So...did the guy in the review say I want to go on to play the U2 Multiplayer because there is no other "good" MP game on the PS3? WTF? XD

there's no review at the link. Its rubbish.

Sectus

Callibretto said:
don't you think Giantbomb guys would be pissed someone used their site for fake reviews?
especially since not many people here will actually click that link and see what it lead to.
Maybe not all people will click the link, but the last quote and spoiler text should make it fairly obvious it's a joke. If anyone actually thinks it's real, I'll apologize to that person and bake them a cake.

Sectus said:
Maybe not all people will click the link, but the last quote and spoiler text should make it fairly obvious it's a joke. If anyone actually thinks it's real, I'll apologize to that person and bake them a cake.

I'm not even sure people even read anything outside the bolded parts...

magus

Sectus said:

There is no review at the link you posted. What was the point of posting all that false information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom