• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkman M said:
PS3 exclusives are serious business... :lol

PS3 Exclusives TANK at Retail.

Uncharted, Ratchet, Resistence, Killzone, WarHawk(Best Multiplayer game this gen), Heavenly Sword, InFamous(LOVED it more than GTA4).

AKS said:
I guarantee you'd NEVER speak to me that way in person. Enjoy the security of the internet, keyboard toughguy. I guess this is the first time you've been able to mouth off without getting stuffed into a locker or have your head shoved into a toilet, so enjoy it I guess.

i really don't know, are you being serious?:lol :lol

edit: also i just noticed in the OP, i think it's missing the two postcards on the limited edition

Unregistered007 said:
PS3 Exclusives TANK at Retail.

Uncharted, Ratchet, Resistence, Killzone, WarHawk(Best Multiplayer game this gen), Heavenly Sword, InFamous(LOVED it more than GTA4).

Oh jesus christ you gotta be shitting me. This shit needs to die a horrible death.

Yes, they all dont reach astronomical heights of 5 million, but to call it tanking is pure bullshit at its best. They sell fine/good enough, and leave the sales-age outta the thread.

SMOKE

Banned
I'm debating should I take the trip and pick this up monday or wait and pick up..

Ninja Gaiden 2 sigma, brutal legends and uncharted during the TRU buy 2 get 1 free sale, since I just picked up batman last nite. UUGGHHHH!!! this is very frustrating, so many damn good games coming out in the next month and a half and I am moving halfway across the states at the sametime:lol

Screw it, if I got some fuck over cash then im on my way to LA to pick this baby up and deal with TRU later:D

Darkman M

RichardAM said:
30 pages. The game isn't out. The threads full of bitching and fucking moaning.

Wow.

Sad considering the game it self looks to be goty material from most everyone who's played the game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This thread has really not been that bad... you guys dropping in and posting drive-by complaints are probably the most annoying thing I've had to read.

timkunedo

Just realized in cinema mode that you can snap the camera to any player on any team. NO idea why it took so long for me to figure that out :lol So awesome. LOVING the slow motion kills!!!

NeoUltima

recklessmind said:
This thread has really not been that bad... you guys dropping in and posting drive-by complaints are probably the most annoying thing I've had to read.
Pretty much... As is the GAF norm, more posts bitching about bitching than actual people bitching in the first place...Which then leads to us bitching about people bitching about people bitching. And then people will bitch about us bitching about people bitching about people bitching. The Bitchin' Cycle.

Evolved1

NeoUltima said:
Pretty much... As is the GAF norm, more posts bitching about bitching than actual people bitching in the first place...Which then leads to us bitching about people bitching about people bitching. And then people will bitch about us bitching about people bitching about people bitching. The Bitchin' Cycle.

Sometimes there is bitching before the bitching. Just not really this time.

Anyway... still stunned by the animation in this game -- even in mp. I want to send naughty dog a fruit basket of something.

LaneDS

No way to check how many co-op missions JSnake? I'd be interested to hear, if you can connect to the servers already.

NeoUltima said:

It's more like a Maelstrom of Hypocrisy, I agree though.

We're doing it right now, fuck.

recklessmind said:
Anyway... still stunned by the animation in this game -- even in mp. I want to send naughty dog a fruit basket of something.

1601 Cloverfield Boulevard
Suite 6000 North
Santa Monica, CA 90404
United States

kikanny

I would just like to add one thing. This is a very good game where Naughty Dog put a lot of effort into it. I'm sure all of us are here because we love the game. The best thing to do would be to enjoy the game for what it is rather than arguing about the sales, other ps3 exclusives, review scores, etc. These don't matter. If you have fun with it why does it matter what the other guy thinks about it? We are here because we want to appreciate the game and I'm sure that is what Naughty Dog wants from everybody. That is all. Now back to waiting for October 13.

I spoiled myself by watching the GT review. I couldn't resist ;_;

Hyped me even more for the game though.
I didnt read the rest of the thread so im not aware of the negativity surrounding the game :p

Darkman M

kikanny said:
I would just like to add one thing. This is a very good game where Naughty Dog put a lot of effort into it. I'm sure all of us are here because we love the game. The best thing to do would be to enjoy the game for what it is rather than arguing about the sales, other ps3 exclusives, review scores, etc. These don't matter. If you have fun with it why does it matter what the other guy thinks about it? We are here because we want to appreciate the game and I'm sure that is what Naughty Dog wants from everybody. That is all. Now back to waiting for October 13.

There's hope for you yet junior.

JSnake

LaneDS said:
No way to check how many co-op missions JSnake? I'd be interested to hear, if you can connect to the servers already.

I don't know. I can connect but the most players I ever saw online at one time was a massive 14 players. I have not been able to get into a game yet

Atrus

Gold Member
zoukka said:
The AI comment was directed at the sneaking sections. It's weird to see people bashing a review they didn't even watch.

That is pretty much the fault of Gametrailers. I wish I could understand what the context is in regards to people's complaints of the review but I stopped watching the review roughly 2 seconds in when one of the comments below warned everyone about spoilers.

Their Killzone 2 review also showed and said a lot that it shouldn't have, and it blunted one of the key moments in that game.

Evolved1

kazuma_pt said:
1601 Cloverfield Boulevard
Suite 6000 North
Santa Monica, CA 90404
United States

They'd probably rather just have my sixty bucks than a wicker basket full of
star
fruit!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im so weak, i had to watch all the 'behind the scenes' videos.
Luckily they are spoiler free.

LaneDS

JSnake said:
I don't know. I can connect but the most players I ever saw online at one time was a massive 14 players. I have not been able to get into a game yet

Connect online and go to custom game, then choose co-op objective. You can then see how many maps are available for play. And we would love you long time for that information.

NeoUltima

LaneDS said:
Connect online and go to custom game, then choose co-op objective. You can then see how many maps are available for play. And we would love you long time for that information.
Yes, please

JSnake

LaneDS said:

Do you mean just plain "co-op" because I don't see "co-op objective." I see Gold Rush, Survival, and Co-Op

oh,my god this is the famous shitty game uncharted2,but this is crap c,mon viva pinata hat better textures ,and lego bat-man ist better game ,every person look and see this game ist gargabe and shit,the ps3 is broken and sony to,ps3 is japan consol and this is american .i come from texas and i hate ps3 und every american hate play3 to
a love bill gates my hero my man and my stars
a love shanne kim
a love major nelson
a love my next man steve balmer
a love usa
a love busch
a love reagan

gotta love GT comments section :lol

LaneDS

JSnake said:
Do you mean just plain "co-op" because I don't see "co-op objective."

Assuming the menus are the same as the demo, once you go into multiplayer, go to custom game, then gametype would be simply co-op like you said. From there I'm just curious how many more maps there are beyond Nepal Warzone, which is the only one we can select in the demo.

JSnake

LaneDS said:
Assuming the menus are the same as the demo, once you go into multiplayer, go to custom game, then gametype would be simply co-op like you said. From there I'm just curious how many more maps there are beyond Nepal Warzone, which is the only one we can select in the demo.

OK there are 2 other maps besides Nepal. They are The Village and The Sanctuary.

LaneDS

JSnake said:
OK there are 2 other maps besides Nepal. They are The Village and The Sanctuary.

Thank you for checking and reporting back.

I wonder if maybe the co-op objectives are much longer than the ones in the demo? Like perhaps the Nepal Warzone has numerous sections? Because only three 15 minute long maps would be a big bummer I gotta say.

corpserot

Wish I had a little time between Brutal Legend and this. Getting both day 1, but it's going to be a rough choice to decide what to play first.

JSnake

Llyranor said:
.... What?

Can the other co-op modes (survival, gold rush) be played through all 7 maps?

Survival has 4 maps and so does Gold Rush but they're the same maps for both modes. The Village, The Sanctuary, The Plaza, and The Lost City.

Darunia said:
Only 3 objective maps? Damn that sucks. Maybe they'll include some more in dlc.

I thought it was stated that there would be 3 maps a number of pages ago (in this thread). I suppose the thing to consider is that the co-op maps in the retail game may be substantially longer than the element included in the beta (Nepal).

But what is survival? I have heard of that, but thought people were just referring to the normal co-op. Any details? Something like horde?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JSnake said:
Survival has 4 maps and so does Gold Rush but they're the same maps for both modes. The Village, The Sanctuary, The Plaza, and The Lost City.

What is Survival about?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
the_prime_mover said:
I thought it was stated that there would be 3 maps a number of pages ago (in this thread). I suppose the thing to consider is that the co-op maps in the retail game may be substantially longer than the element included in the beta (Nepal)

Could be. It is pretty weird that in the demo the mission ends after you nail the big turret guy. No treasure cutscene or anything. Could be that the misions are longer...

Darunia said:
Only 3 objective maps? Damn that sucks. Maybe they'll include some more in dlc.
DLC is what I'm thinking also. Three objective maps is kind of low to start off with, though. I thought there was going to be 7 maps for each mode, but I guess not.

JSnake

TTP said:
What is Survival about?

Horde mode basically I assume. I can't say for certain because the public doesn't have the game yet and so it's basically impossible to get a game going.

JSnake said:
Horde mode basically I assume. I can't say for certain because the public doesn't have the game yet and so it's basically impossible to get a game going.
Oh, I think I'm going to like that mode a lot. :D

thaOwner

RichardAM said:
30 pages. The game isn't out. The threads full of bitching and fucking moaning.

Wow.
...and people like you.

Fersis said:
Im so weak, i had to watch all the 'behind the scenes' videos.
Luckily they are spoiler free.

Yeah, those were pretty good. They really are like a family and that whole doing away with the 'hierarchy' shit is an excellent idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom