• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent back my TV today. It had stuck pixels. God I hope I get it back in time for this. Last time it only took like 5 days so I could be lucky.

Cesar

Banned
So how many copies do you guys think this game will sell? Considering that most PS3 first party games have sold a bit under expectations, I think 2 million copies by the end of the year would be a pretty good number and achievable.

Cesar said:
So how many copies do you guys think this game will sell? Considering that most PS3 first party games have sold a bit under expectations, I think 2 million copies by the end of the year would be a pretty good number and achievable.

UC1 WW sales are just over 2.5mil last I heard. I think close to double that after 2 years wouldn't be unreasonable for UC2.

freitax said:
it will have english only.

Actually there's a bit of confusion going on. A German online shop has the PEGI version in stock and obviously it's possible to play the game in German.

(However box art and instructions are in English)

chris0701

mr_nothin said:
Well it looks horrible on my screen and other games of less graphical quality with screenshot features look better in their screens.

If you watch those screenshots on TV with your PS3,the result is almost same as UC2 mp demo runs on the TV.

The difference is you watch them on TV,not on your PC monitor.

Whoops, someone sent me a link to the first 10 minutes of Uncharted 2 on YouTube, and whoops! SPOILERS. But still, AMAZING intro to a game.

Thrakier

Fortinbras said:
Actually there's a bit of confusion going on. A German online shop has the PEGI version in stock and obviously it's possible to play the game in German.

(However box art and instructions are in English)

So and this PEGI version is identical with the UK version?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
So, after the counter was done, I kept myself busy with making the new theme. I reused a lot of the theme I did for the first game, but changed quite a few of icons to make them have more sense with what's happening in the new one. For example, the old handycam camera is gone and replaced with a pro broadcast camera, as Elena seems to have gotten some budget for her show now (you can see she has a crew member with such camera in one of the trailers). Treasure chest now has snow on it, the infamous dagger is there, etc. Of course, all the backgrounds are changed as well.

I'm still not sure if ND wants to distribute this though the official channels (Arne has to get back to me on this, and he's very busy promoting the game ) but I'd have to make quite a few changes to it if they want to, replacing icons I didn't make with something they'd provide me with, etc. I'm not sure at this point if that will happen, and I'd like to get this out before the game launch. I'm putting finishing touches to it now, so for now I'm only posting the preview image, and in a few days I'll post the whole thing.

35jbhvq.jpg

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Thank you for the following order placed with GAME.

Order number(s):

You may have noticed that the price of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Special Edition on the GAME site has gone up to 44.99 GBP

Please do not worry, your credit / debit card will be charged with the lower amount as originally agreed when you placed the order. This is merely one of the benefits of the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service!

Yay for pre-orders!

Seems like Game can't make their mind up for the price of the special edition. First it was £49.99, then it changed to £39.99 (at which point I ordered it) and now just got an e-mail saying they've changed it to £44.99. They're honouring their lower pre-order price so looks like I ordered just at the right time.

Edit: Yeah same e-mail that I got above.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Cesar said:

Well PS3 is selling stronger than ever right now, and this game has a lot of hype around it. It should do well in the long run.

Replicant said:
The trick to finish Crushing on Uncharted 1:

1. Exploit every nook and cranny available, lure your enemies to come to you.
2. Do a lot of blind fire when enemies coming.
3. If you don't need to be in one specific area, RUN! Run outside to any place which will offer you better hiding place.

uncharted wasn't that hard. I mean it was challenging, but it wasn't impossible. I guess my 1337 gamer skillz are just too much :/

ashbash159 said:
Whoops, someone sent me a link to the first 10 minutes of Uncharted 2 on YouTube, and whoops! SPOILERS. But still, AMAZING intro to a game.
I watched it too. Freaking amazing. I can't explain how awesome it was. Just all came together beautifully.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
MNC said:
While the theme looks amazing, it already looks confusing as well as a preview image.
What do you mean? That it's not obvious what each icon does? Well, I don't know what to say, I gave as much thought to that as I could. Magnetophone is music, photo camera is photos, video camera is videos, crown is trophies, treasure chest is games (they are console's biggest 'treasure' after all :p ), compass is network (navigation, Safari also uses compass icon), pilot headset is for chat, etc. They also have to make sense in the context of the game of course. Besides, don't forget that each icon has text next to it when you actually run it, and I don't have those on the preview image.

I also took good care to not have background images that overwhelm the front end that you navigate through, so the images are a bit darker if they have more detail on it, etc.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Anyone knows if this game multiplayer is region locked? (Like MGO)

MNC

Lord Error said:
What do you mean? That it's not obvious what each icon does? Well, I don't know what to say, I gave as much thought to that as I could. Magnetophone is music, photo camera is photos, video camera is videos, crown is trophies, treasure chest is games (they are console's biggest 'treasure' after all :p ), compass is network (navigation, Safari also uses compass icon), pilot headset is for chat, etc. They also have to make sense in the context of the game of course. Besides, don't forget that each icon has text next to it when you actually run it, and I don't have those on the preview image.

I also took good care to not have background images that overwhelm the front end that you navigate through, so the images are a bit darker if they have more detail on it, etc.
I... o_o

That's amazing now that I look at it. I think the fact I got confused is all the different settings options... I've always found anything other than default settings menu confusing.

My PS3 died yesterday and I don't know what I'm going to do, oh god. I put my Wii and guitar up for sale in the local classified paper. I'll rebuy the Wii but for now I have to do everything in my power to get another PS3 ASAP for Among Thieves.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
protonion, what kind of box is that?

MNC said:
I... o_o

That's amazing now that I look at it. I think the fact I got confused is all the different settings options... I've always found anything other than default settings menu confusing.
Yeah, I admit the settings icons are probably more confusing, but they are the least used, and most of them still make good sense as well, you'll see when the text is next to them. For example, the golden disc is CD/DVD/BD settings, megaphone is audio settings, music box is music settings (you can't really tell it's a music box maybe because the icons on preview are a bit shrunk down), locomotive is system update, contraption with circular mechanism is date/time settings...

netguy503

protonion said:
Good things happen when you know the right people!

DSC00561.jpg

No sleep for me tonight!!!

Can you please set up a jtv or a ustream (is that right?) account for us. It is very easy and would be appreciated. :D

netguy503 said:
Can you please set up a jtv or a ustream (is that right?) account for us. It is very easy and would be appreciated. :D

Reminds himself its only 8 days. Its only 8 days. WTH whats the link btw? :lol

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
protonion said:
It's PAL.

And sorry I can't do what you ask for a number of reasons...

I'll post impressions in a few hours.
Is that what the EU collectors edition looks like? So it's not like this after all?

3768787835_f2f23f9af3_o.jpg

netguy503

protonion said:
It's PAL.

And sorry I can't do what you ask for a number of reasons...

I'll post impressions in a few hours.

It's ok I 'm sure some will play it on JTV VERY soon ( I saw the whole playthrough of the SAW game on there yesterday and it's not even out yet). :D

Thrakier

So, according to some people with the PEGI-Version there is: German, English, Dutch, French and Italy in language and speech and text on the disc. Only the manual and the box is in english.

Is the PEGI-Version the same you can order from Amazon.co.uk? So ND wasn't right when they said that there is only english on the disc?

EDIT:

Protnion, can you check your disc plz? Do you live in the UK?

A.R.K

SamBishop said:
Oh what the CHRIST. I'm going through on my second playthrough and I finish off an area that's completely overwhelmed with enemies and is a major set piece for the the game. Once I've climbed into an area in the same environment (tons of snow, train, etc., etc.), it triggers a fairly major cutscene that takes probably a good five minutes if not 10 to play out and, being that I'm a douche and I've already seen this, I skip it (because I can, the game lets you).

The next area loads instantly. It's utterly different; filled with multiple characters, tons of objects that I will avoid mentioning for the sake of spoilers, a new character with dialogue, an entirely new area to run around in and explore and... there was no load screen. There was no streaming, no texture pop-in. There was a whole spoken in-game sequence. What the fuck kind of voodoo is Naughty Dog running? In fact, this is one of the better looking areas in the game; you can run up to a door and see the splinters in the wood.

This happened with absolutely nothing in the way of load times. I guess they could be pre-caching stuff as I'm getting near the end of a level, but a whole new area? Drake's model, is, in fact, totally different. What. The. Shit.

Quoted for awesomeness!

How can one dev be so ahead of the curve that they make every other dev (specially 3rd party devs) look like amatuers!!

Come on Amazon ship the damn thing!!!! :)

slipknot2009

Neo Member
SamBishop said:
If anything, this game cements this as one of the pre-imminent cross-media franchises. It's so well-defined and Amy and crew have already written a script that works so damn well, I honestly don't want anyone else to handle the movie. They have an adventure movie here. They have a franchise. I promise you, after you've played throug this game, you'll understand why I just want Naughty Dog to handle the movie. It's not going to be a Wing Commander in any other sense than it's a game based on a movie with the people making the game involved.

I just love how the gap is closing between Film and Games. Naughty Dog is going to be remembered for being the ones to bridge that gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom