• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

netguy503

onken said:
I'm guessing no, but will beta XP carry over to the full game?

This is basically why I stopped playing ( I'm level 12 btw)

It would be cool if you could still access the videos of your matches from the BETA if you keep the BETA information on your computer though. :D

Just got home from the UCII event here in Chicago. It was AWESOME! They really surprised us with the gift bags. I went only expecting a kick ass preview of a game I was looking forward to on a movie projector, and came home with a copy of the game!

They gave away fortune hunter's editions to all the tournament winners. My team didn't win so no uber rare set for me. :( But I still get to play Uncharted right now, so I'm not complaining!

IMAGE_196.jpg

netguy503

thebaroness said:
Just got home from the UCII event here in Chicago. It was AWESOME! They really surprised us with the gift bags. I went only expecting a kick ass preview of a game I was looking forward to on a movie projector, and came home with a copy of the game!

They gave away fortune hunter's editions to all the tournament winners. My team didn't win so no uber rare set for me. :( But I still get to play Uncharted right now, so I'm not complaining!

34361315-201c57fb4d381e102e10afea2da961de.4acadbf6-full.jpg

Broadcast it!

ezekial45

Banned
thebaroness said:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/nynaeve/IMAGE_196.jpg

Did anyone else from ND come to your event?

ezekial45 said:
Did anyone else from ND come to your event?

Yeah they had one of the game designers there. Jeff was his name I believe, he was a wonderful man to talk with. I really wish I could meet Amy Hennig, I look up to her.

ezekial45

Banned
thebaroness said:
Yeah they had one of the game designers there. Jeff was his name I believe, he was a wonderful man to talk with. I really wish I could meet Amy Hennig, I look up to her.

Yeah, Amy Henning was at the SF event. She was really sweet.

I wonder who represented the game for the LA and Seattle events. Anyone here go to those?

Someone asked what perks I/we use. I use Down the Irons and Keep Firing. Would use the extra grenade if it let you start with one extra. Soon lvl 24 so I can move faster with treasure. Gonna use that on all plunder.

Read that Survival mode was "announced". Man that is awesome. Just hope they add one of the other modes I suggested.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
just got out of the SF cinema, got Uncharted 1 and 2 signed by Sam and Amy, as well as my poster. Uncharted 2 all day baby.

netguy503

ezekial45 said:

Well, duh. If I was getting paid to I'd "act sweet" too. Now I'm not saying she's not but people are basing their opinions on what only they have seen (interviews, press events, all which she gets paid for)in these outings. Again, I'm not saying she isn't nice, but do you really think a trained professional would act like a total biatch at one of the launches of her new game ( which would give bad press to her, her game, and effect her position in the company). I, mean, c'mon.

Yoboman

netguy503 said:
Well, duh. If I was getting paid to I'd "act sweet" too. Now I'm not saying she's not but people are basing their opinions on what only they have seen (interviews, press events, all which she gets paid for)in these outings. Again, I'm not saying she isn't nice, but do you really think a trained professional would act like a total biatch at one of the launches of her new game ( which would give bad press to her, her game, and effect her position in the company). I, mean, c'mon.
Did she kill your puppy or something?

ezekial45

Banned
netguy503 said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Where the hell did this come from?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
netguy503 said:
wow, keep fighting the good fight, dude. you've opened my eyes

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Amy Hennig is a down to earth person. Saying she was just acting nice just for a PR stunt is ridiculous. It was fun talking to her throughout the night, and evesdropping on the inerviews with the media in the lobby. It made the SF event more enjoyable, and it was awesome having her announce that every attendee was getting the game.

LaneDS

Tenkai Star said:
Someone asked what perks I/we use. I use Down the Irons and Keep Firing. Would use the extra grenade if it let you start with one extra. Soon lvl 24 so I can move faster with treasure. Gonna use that on all plunder.

Read that Survival mode was "announced". Man that is awesome. Just hope they add one of the other modes I suggested.

Survival is already in. It just wasn't an option for the demo/beta. But I do expect them to patch and balance the game farther, so additional modes don't seem out of the question.

netguy503

allreal said:
he's bitter he didnt get his early copy.
Ah, they are essentially getting it only a week early. I'll live. Again, I'm getting it for free too (not like the majority of this thread), just not tonight, with the Amazon and gamestop goodies so I can't complain. Oh, and odds of me seeing this game SEVERAL times on JTV before I even play it are pretty high now.

LaneDS said:
Survival is already in. It just wasn't an option for the demo/beta. But I do expect them to patch and balance the game farther, so additional modes don't seem out of the question.
I know it was already in. We just didn´t know about it until a few days ago. I guess It could sound like I thought they added it because of me XD but thats not what I meant.

Hey can someone tell me how to get Uncharted 2 for under $50 on Amazon? I remember someone saying it a couple of days ago either here or on another thread that there was a way you could do it and get it for about $47 bucks or so by putting it on your gold box (no idea how to do that) and get an extra 10% discount code. I was gonna get it at Target because I had a $25 Gift card there but I spent that so....can someone help please?

Gribbix

I just got back from the LA event. Unfortunately, we didn't win the Fortune Hunter edition, but my team did come in third place so we each got an "I play dirty" poster signed by the team in addition to the gift bag w/ Uncharted 2 that all tournament entrants won.

netguy503

Gribbix said:
I just got back from the LA event. Unfortunately, we didn't win the Fortune Hunter edition, but my team did come in third place so we each got an "I play dirty" poster signed by the team in addition to the gift bag w/ Uncharted 2 that all tournament entrants won.

OMG so many people have the game, so many people not broadcasting. :(

squinters

astigmatic
netguy503 said:
OMG so many people have the game, so many people not broadcasting. :(
They're doing it for your own good. Just think about how awesome it will be when you see the game for the first time on your nice HD set.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
squinters said:
They're doing it for your own good. Just think about how awesome it will be when you see the game for the first time on your nice HD set.
Good man.
Linch this knave.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
ezekial45 said:

I wonder who represented the game for the LA and Seattle events. Anyone here go to those?
Richard Lemarchand (Co-Lead Game Designer) & the lead multiplayer designer was at the L.A. event.

Rich%20lemarchand.jpg

Darkpen

Banned
Wario64 said:
Amy Hennig is a down to earth person. Saying she was just acting nice just for a PR stunt is ridiculous. It was fun talking to her throughout the night, and evesdropping on the inerviews with the media in the lobby. It made the SF event more enjoyable, and it was awesome having her announce that every attendee was getting the game.
FFFFFFFFFFF

I regret not buying a ticket now. God dammit. >_> I also regret trading away my copy of Uncharted 1 as well, just because of this event. Argh.

Oh well, looks like I'll be paying for the game like everyone else D;

deepbrown

Darkpen said:
FFFFFFFFFFF

I regret not buying a ticket now. God dammit. >_> I also regret trading away my copy of Uncharted 1 as well, just because of this event. Argh.

Oh well, looks like I'll be paying for the game like everyone else D;
Why would they give everyone there the game, when the event was to try and sell the game to them? I'm confuzzled.

thebaroness said:

IMAGE_196.jpg

Im so fucking bitter right now |:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom