• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

deepbrown said:
Why would they give everyone there the game, when the event was to try and sell the game to them? I'm confuzzled.

Because they're Naughty Dog, they do things you don't expect. They're not bound by laws.

KAOz

Short bus special
Killthee said:
Richard Lemarchand (Co-Lead Game Designer) & the lead multiplayer designer was at the L.A. event.

TOYMAKER!

"What's your pleasure?"
jfhgnd.jpg

deepbrown

Ploid 3.0 said:
Because they're Naughty Dog, they do things you don't expect. They're not bound by laws.
I'd expect it was Sony's idea. Still...not sure if it makes any sense on a marketing level. Word of mouth would still come even if they didn't give the games out for free.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
My first 2 hours impressions of the game: weird pacing. Remember when Uncharted 1 started out slow? Well, Uncharted 2 kinda starts out slow too, but the action is still engaging. It's pretty weird, but awesome in a way.

And damn, Dan Shoe's team at the tournament really wanted that Fortune Hunter edition. I don't blame them, but they were pretty much camping the majority of that match.

Dilli666

Sentry said:
Yup, it's actually nearly exactly as I hoped it would be (posted this concept weeks before we saw the new PSP boxarts);

3886042679_dc22619fa6_o.png

picardwtf.jpg
My whole collection is RUINED!!! This will look like shit with both Uncharted games together in the shelf :-(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Here's some couple pics of the event, I didn't really take many shots.

2pqktp5.jpg

Amy Hennig announcing some stuff, and about to tell everyone that they're gonna get the game tonight (everyone went nuts when she announced it)_

33m4hlz.jpg

Part of the dagger. Talk about detail.

2zyddp2.jpg

Holy shit the art(?) book is huge. Just look at thing.

24vt98k.jpg

Trying to see inside the book. No, that's not my face.

fm865w.jpg

Another angle.

2a9clkl.jpg

The spine.

15p48xj.jpg

Aannnnd another angle.

crustikid

Wario64 said:
And damn, Dan Shoe's team at the tournament really wanted that Fortune Hunter edition. I don't blame them, but they were pretty much camping the majority of that match.
Which team/team name won it at the SF event?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
UnluckyKate said:
The big book must be " fake " and juste a case to put all the stuff in it. The real artbook is the one near by the game (on the right)

That's a strategy guide. You can clearly see there are pages in the big book. I guess if it was fake, I didn't really look at it deeper

crustikid said:
Which team/team name won it at the SF event?

The one with Dan Hsu. I was rooting for the other team only cause NeoGAF member xenorevlis was on it.

Amir0x

Banned
Congrats to all the lucky fuckers who got Uncharted 2 at the cinema events.

I will have to suffice with Demon's Souls beating me into submission like a red headed stepchild this week :(

squall211

All those great reviews not only got me to pre order this, but purchase the first game as well. Can't wait for the first one to get here this week so I can start in on it.

deepbrown

squall211 said:
All those great reviews not only got me to pre order this, but purchase the first game as well. Can't wait for the first one to get here this week so I can start in on it.
I think that's what they hope. Doesn't matter than Uncharted 1 was a slow burner. If U2 is a huge hit, U1 will be too.

Thrakier

Lince said:
same as inFamous, to prevent importing the UK version will only include the English language.

And those PEGI-Versions with english manuals but almost all european languages are not the same as the UK-version...? So there are PEGI Versions and then there are UK-PEGI-Versions?

Wario64 said:
I didn't even realize he was in the team until after they had killed my team. At least I made it to the finals. Turns out, according to them, they had pegged our team as #1 threat and were paying special attention to my playstyle to defend against it. I think putting on a good-show with the spectator station was my undoing in the end! :lol

Ah well, at least our team (two of whom had never played the game) got second place, which mean a copy of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune signed by the team. So good!

6820_148107354165_503449165_2513690_7838589_n.jpg

I'll post pictures tomorrow, although my friends were using the camera more than I was. My time was spent more chatting it up with some of my old co-workers, like Sam Thompson, and trying to strategize with my team members.

DMeisterJ

Banned
xenorevlis said:
I didn't even realize he was in the team until after they had killed my team. At least I made it to the finals. Turns out, according to them, they had pegged our team as #1 threat and were paying special attention to my playstyle to defend against it. I think putting on a good-show with the spectator station was my undoing in the end! :lol

Ah well, at least our team (two of whom had never played the game) got second place, which mean a copy of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune signed by the team. So good!

6820_148107354165_503449165_2513690_7838589_n.jpg

I'll post pictures tomorrow, although my friends were using the camera more than I was. My time was spent more chatting it up with some of my old co-workers, like Sam Thompson, and trying to strategize with my team members.

Congrats!

I'm still pissed there was no east cost edition of this. :(

Ploid 3.0

Rengoku said:
Are these spoilerish?

I'm looking at one that seem spoilerish but they start off very small, you click to see the big picture. If you think the picture could be a spoiler to you just don't click and glance over it.

example
2009106124439_19b.jpg

Sony Poland is really going all the way out, we not only get Polish track but after KZ2 fiasco they are giving us English VA as well. Today we get some guys from Naughty Dog, gonna get there and REPREZENT!

DMeisterJ said:
Congrats!

I'm still pissed there was no east cost edition of this. :(
From the sounds of SCE persons, depending on how well-received it is in the paid format they will attempt to continue to do such events. Honestly, for 5 hours of a tournament with 15 total prizes (3 teams) intertwined with small sections of the game (all previously shown at E3 and PAX, aside from the first one), raffle giveaway between each, plus food and drink... $15 is not half bad! Compared to $10 for trailers and a movie @2 hours general.

Ploid 3.0

Castor Krieg said:
Sony Poland is really going all the way out, we not only get Polish track but after KZ2 fiasco they are giving us English VA as well. Today we get some guys from Naughty Dog, gonna get there and REPREZENT!

ND "Thank you for coming out. We would like to start this presentation, but first I want everyone to know you all are leaving with this custom Uncharted 2 themed PS3 slim, along with Uncharted 2."

(People applauds and chants Naughty Dog)

(ND smiles with a evil smirk and whispers to themselves)

"Phase 2 is underway. First a generous beta, then a generous open demo, now free games. We're going to force our way into their hearts! Hostile takeover is imminent"

Ploid 3.0 said:
ND "Thank you for coming out. We would like to start this presentation, but first I want everyone to know you all are leaving with this custom Uncharted 2 themed PS3 slim, along with Uncharted 2."

(People applauds and chants Naughty Dog)

(ND smiles with a evil smirk and whispers to themselves)

"Phase 2 is underway. First a generous beta, then a generous open demo, now free games. We're going to force our way into their hearts! Hostile takeover is imminent"
invzim-225x300.jpg

Castor Krieg said:

;_; why the fuck isnt Naughty Dog coming to Denmark. Its like they're avoiding it like the plague... in which I would kind of understand them :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
get ready for a NEGATIVE post:

the title screen in Uncharted is so much better than the title screen in Uncharted 2

KillerAJD

MotherFUCKER! I can't believe I didn't get a fucking ticket in time. I was gonna go to the San Fransisco one while my mom went around with my brother for her birthday. Goddammit :(

Wow I think that's the first time I've seen Amy Henning at any sort of media even since Uncharted 1. She's been keeping a very low profile and letting other people talk about the game..

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
so how about asking nicely and not acting like you're ENTITLED to someone else's FREE TIME...

Yoboman

Rez said:
get ready for a NEGATIVE post:

the title screen in Uncharted is so much better than the title screen in Uncharted 2
The one in the beta is better than the one in UC1

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it's too late, the game has already been recalled for emergency title-screen reassignment, all pre-orders will be refunded, and the game will be delayed until an indeterminate point in Q1 2010. On the plus side, this guarantees an additional two metacritic points, so it's worth it in the long run for the consumer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom