• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minamu

Can anyone confirm that that multiplayer perk you get when you preorder U2, where you gain money faster so you level up faster, is only available for a short time? My gamestop said today that you will only be able to level up faster for a certain amount of levels, after that it's completely useless. Pretty damn pointless if true :( On the other hand, it's a pretty stupid preorder bonus to begin with.

Oh, and the Swedish release date is Oct 14th, if the OP needs updating (different dates across EU apparently).

Steroyd

I click into this thread... for some unknown reason (I don't want to get spolied what the fuck is wrong with me!?). I leave with nerd rage of so many people getting it early.

Yoboman

Rez said:
it's too late, the game has already been recalled for emergency title-screen reassignment, all pre-orders will be refunded, and the game will be delayed until an indeterminate point in Q1 2010. On the plus side, this guarantees an additional two metacritic points, so it's worth it in the long run for the consumer
Hopefully they fix up those snow tracks

Esperado

It's pretty crazy that they gave away copies of Uncharted 2. I bet the reason they could do this is that there isn't any pirating on PS3.

Esperado said:
It's pretty crazy that they gave away copies of Uncharted 2. I bet the reason they could do this is that there isn't any pirating on PS3.

there's always the whole selling on ebay and make a few quick bucks for those that want the game a week early.

KZObsessed

One sexy bastard coming up:

2009106124439_22.jpg

So awesome. If someone could avatar size this for me (and remove the watermark :p) I'd be very grateful. Would look better than my current one.

rhino4evr

There is a visual bug when the game adds black borders to the camera. Unfortunately, the back bar on the bottom isn't sitting all the way at the bottom of the image, so I can see the game's level under it on my LCD panel.

It's a little distracting, but seems like something that is patch-able on release day :p

Shurs

netguy503 said:
Well, duh. If I was getting paid to I'd "act sweet" too. Now I'm not saying she's not but people are basing their opinions on what only they have seen (interviews, press events, all which she gets paid for)in these outings. Again, I'm not saying she isn't nice, but do you really think a trained professional would act like a total biatch at one of the launches of her new game ( which would give bad press to her, her game, and effect her position in the company). I, mean, c'mon.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

FFObsessed said:
One sexy bastard coming up:

2009106124439_22.jpg

So awesome. If someone could avatar size this for me (and remove the watermark :p) I'd be very grateful. Would look better than my current one.

Cant wait to hear his full backstory :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
someone bet me to it, but here it is if you want it (I had photoshop open, anyway):

nxojb.jpg

TheRagnCajun said:
I liked the red square = (

Never did. When I saw PS3 cases in stores for the first time and saw that, I nearly threw up. I'm just glad they're going away. It's just a terrible design IMO, fugly as hell.

I really want to join in on the fun. Rez, I saw that awesome avatar you made, could you make one for me out of this image? Pretty please with cherries on top?

2009106124439_2.jpg

I won't be until oct. 16th till I can play my copy, but that weekend has been booked for some one on one time with the game! :D

lupinko

brandonh83 said:
Never did. When I saw PS3 cases in stores for the first time and saw that, I nearly threw up. I'm just glad they're going away. It's just a terrible design IMO, fugly as hell.

wasy0m.jpg

ragingadamo

Neo Member
rhino4evr said:
you mean like this person?
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Uncharted-2...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item19b6e58407

looks like he is selling the entire gift bag full of goodies including the game.

EDIT..is $100 worth playing before everyone else?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Uncharted-2-Amo...ames?hash=item53dd5873c9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Uncharted-2-IN-...3a5388154a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_740wt_1102

Damn, now is the time when I exercise my patience and not give in to paying a premium for getting it early.

LaneDS

Silicon Knight said:
Merely coincidence I think. :D

Besides, wtf is a butterface?

Clearly it means her face is constructed out of butter. Geez people.

Also, I'm glad I wasn't awake when the link went up for the eBay auction. I might have jumped at that, bleh.

I think something is up with me, i've cancelled my operation flashpoint pre-order and haven't pre-ordered this game ( two of my most hyped games yet) because i'm just not desperate to play them day one...... spose i can wait for them to go cheaper.

Jamesearlcash said:
I think something is up with me, i've cancelled my operation flashpoint pre-order and haven't pre-ordered this game ( two of my most hyped games yet) because i'm just not desperate to play them day one...... spose i can wait for them to go cheaper.
Clearly!

Dude Abides

Banned
The Rebel FM guys, while praising the game, were complaining about the close-quarters gunplay. I think it may be a flaw inherent in the 3rd person perspective. Is there any 3rd person shooter that has good close-quarters gunplay? I can't think of any.

LaneDS

Cheers. Thanks for posting those high-res portraits from Vandal Online, found one of Sully there and voila, new avatar. The old one was a little grainy. Missing the cigar though, sadness.

Dude Abides said:
The Rebel FM guys, while praising the game, were complaining about the close-quarters gunplay. I think it may be a flaw inherent in the 3rd person perspective. Is there any 3rd person shooter that has good close-quarters gunplay? I can't think of any.

I was having a jog yesterday. A small gust of wind passed by, and it messed up my hair a bit. Fortunately I was able to pat it back down and continue on.

10 out of perfect perfect 10 jog.

Senua

Gold Member
so i thought the first uncharted was a tomb raider and gears of war rip off borefest, will i like this one?

rhino4evr

Im starting to regret the decision of taking free 5 day shipping at Amazon instead of paying the extra $5 to get it in 2 days...Oh well will have to just wait it out while I read all the OMG GOTY!!! posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom