• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nothin

Banned
Jocchan said:
I'm level 35 and, except a week I spent out of town, I've been playing every day since when the current beta started (before it went public). Not everyone spends countless hours every day on a single game, and very few will probably ever go past level 30.
I'm a video game freak, what can I say. I'm so happy that my occupation doesnt take up much of my time :) I can haz a lyfe and still spend hours and hours on a video game =]

Tenkai Star said:
I hope you answer: "God!"
lol
After Lvl 50, you start having roman numerals. It never fails....ever since I got to lvl 45, every room I join (when it gets to the loading screen) people go WHOA WHAT LVL ARE YOU or YOU MUST HAVE NO LIFE!

I got called Mr_Nothing-to live for. :lol :lol

jax (old)

Banned
Rez said:
the latest Bombcast has raised my hype from "I want this game now" to the loin-groaning "UHHHHHH GOD DAMN WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS"

Its next thursday. I told my mate "I know what I'll be doing on the weekend" ;) I need to go the Jb and preorder and get the steelbox and
gold weapons
DLC code. :p

11r65n7.jpg

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Not sure if we still care about 'teh reviews', but Britain's Telegraph newspaper has given it a pretty thorough thumbs up, with very high praise in particular for the story and presentation:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves sees Nathan Drake return in spectacular fashion in the PS3's, if not the generation's, finest adventure.

However, it’s this story that will linger longest in the memory. Among Thieves is not a reinvention of the genre, more a definition. A sumptuous adventure that enthrals from start to finish, a cast that you’ll fall in love with and a tale that’s better scripted, directed and paced than most Hollywood blockbusters. It is a testament to the extraordinary talent at Naughty Dog and a glorious celebration of what video games can be when they play to their enviable strengths.

Skip the paragraph about the train level if you're spoiler sensitive. Having read it, it sounds very awesome though.

The ledge grab death in the beta is fucking awesome. Whenever someone pulls that on me I say "Bravo".

Oh and about fisticuffs; do you just hit square, or can you hit triangle too for a combo like in the first game?

deepbrown

deepbrown

How About No said:
The ledge grab death in the beta is fucking awesome. Whenever someone pulls that on me I say "Bravo".

Oh and about fisticuffs; do you just hit square, or can you hit triangle too for a combo like in the first game?
Even better when you beat them to it and kick them off the ledge to death!

I want to know that too...I've just resorted to spamming square. First game had more combos...

Virro

mr_nothin said:
I always get a bunch of foreign rooms in the morning around this time...

I've had the same experience. ex: Random public match I was in we went up against a french team and we were exchanging laughs at good takedowns on
Plaza - Sniper/Pistoles
. We won a close DM 50-47, so I said good game, a few of them said good game back, but one yells into his mic, "BAD GAME!". Leave it to the french.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
deepbrown said:

I want to know that too...I've just resorted to spamming square. First game had more combos...

You just hit square.

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
Just reading the last few pages of this thread the game has gone from "will get sometime down the road" to "day mother-f'ing 1"

Doc Evils

Virro

deepbrown said:

There's a few coin flips that I've noticed while playing the demo.

Spamming square or actually figuring out the timing is probably your best bet.

deepbrown

TTP said:
You just hit square.
Oh, I wonder if there are more in the main game. I mean it was Square, Square, Square...Square Triangle Square....R1 Square....Square R1 Square.

Why is it only Square in U2?

mr_nothin

Banned
deepbrown said:
Oh, I wonder if there are more in the main game. I mean it was Square, Square, Square...Square Triangle Square....R1 Square....Square R1 Square.

We're talking about multiplayer here.

Dizzle24

I finally pre-ordered this last night. I was going to get the game for sure, but I couldn't decide which store I wanted to give my money to. :lol Went with PlayNTrade!

EDIT:

Pic removed because some people are on their period, and don't know the true meaning of spoiler.

-Winnie-

Dizzle24 said:
I finally pre-ordered this last night. I was going to get the game for sure, but I couldn't decide which store I wanted to give my money to. :lol Went with PlayNTrade!

Anyway, can't wait to play this! And can't wait to play as Sir Frances Drake! :D
*pic*

Okay, that's awesome but you might want to spoiler tag it just in case. ;o

iFootball

Dizzle24 said:

Anyway, can't wait to play this! And can't wait to play as Sir Frances Drake! :D
*PIC*

F U

Dizzle24

jett said:
Why are people so fucking mornic? Go assfuck yourself Dizzle. I'm too off this thread.

What the fuck did I do? I don't have the game! Asshole.

-Winnie- said:
Okay, that's awesome but you might want to spoiler tag it just in case. ;o

It's NOT a spoiler. It's all over the net. Hell, even MTV is covering the game.

All I did was Google "Uncharted 2" and found pics and other boards about this.

Ydahs

Dizzle24 said:
Spoiler Alert
D:

So much for avoiding spoilers...

EDIT: Oh wait, just a skin? Meh, should've still have at least given a warning (a ban is too much for mentioning a skin)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lord Error said:
So he posted a bonus costume picture... why is that a big deal?

You see? If even the Lord Error is ok with that, there is no reason to freak out!

deepbrown

Lord Error said:
So he posted a bonus costume picture... why is that a big deal?
How did we know it was a bonus costume...for all we know it was the end of the game boss.

TTP said:
It's just a skin, come on. You are too sensitive.
How. Would. We. Know. Unless we've played the game?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
deepbrown said:
How did we know it was a bonus costume...for all we know it was the end of the game boss.

Did you even read what he said in the now edited post or dd you just look at the picture? He said something along the lines "can't wait to play as [****]". Clearly refers to a skin no?

KZObsessed

deepbrown said:

Sir Francis Drake... the big boss? wtf

Now that would be an ending. Sir Francis Drake coming back from the dead for a final showdown! :lol

"Steal my ring will you!!"

droopy

deepbrown said:

It's just for multi, where people would find the fastest kill combo and use it exclusively regardless. I think Halo-style melee works better here anyway.

Facism

Gold Member
FFObsessed said:
Sir Francis Drake... the big boss? wtf

Now that would be an ending. Sir Francis Drake coming back from the dead for a final showdown! :lol

"Steal my ring will you!!"

thrakier wishes you'd steal his ring
piece

Dizzle24

deepbrown said:

I. Haven't. Played. the. game. either.

But a simple read of other site's coverage of the game will heed many things not seen on GAF. So if you consider Google results a spoiler, then well...

Sorry everyone. Drink's on me!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
deepbrown said:

Amir0x or Wario64 should be able to verify this maybe? Yeah, I mean, if you really
travel back in time, or have a big plot changing dream where you are sir Farncis Drake in a medieval time and play as him that way
, I say ban his ass back to hell :lol But I'm pretty sure that's just a bonus costume, like Doughnut Drake and whatnot.

Actualy hell, now if he gets baned, I'll think it was a really big spoiler...

mr_nothin

Banned
Man, why cant we rename our saved cinema files? I got 15 of them and cant even remember which match was the 1 where I killed 5 guys with 1 rocket or took on a team of 5 by myself ...etc etc. I have to guess and load each file and see if I can remember the match....

That and no rewind is pretty dumb.

freitax

:lol at the meltdown people (including me) were having because of a skin, still best to stay off this thread, if I can resist the temptation for more U2 info:/ Man those new gt videos are making me so tempted ;_;help

deepbrown

Dizzle24 said:
I. Haven't. Played. the. game. either.

But a simple read of other site's coverage of the game will heed many things not seen on GAF. So if you consider Google results a spoiler, then well...

Sorry everyone. Drink's on me!
I even see skins as a spoiler...I don't want to know what the surprises are I'm working for in the game. Wouldn't be a surprise then :) Just show the link and don't embed a picture. :)

TTP said:
Did you even read what he said in the now edited post or dd you just look at the picture? He said something along the lines "can't wait to play as [****]". Clearly refers to a skin no?

Reading what he said means looking at his post, which means looking at the picture..

And still, it's a spoiler.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
mr_nothin said:
Man, why cant we rename our saved cinema files? I got 15 of them and cant even remember which match was the 1 where I killed 5 guys with 1 rocket or took on a team of 5 by myself ...etc etc. I have to guess and load each file and see if I can remember the match....

That and no rewind is pretty dumb.

There is a lot of useful info detailing each replay. It's not difficult to locate what you are looking for.

rhino4evr

to be honest, I saw the GIANT PIC before reading the text, and the first thing I thought was "last boss"

Even if it was just a skin, I'd rather not see what unlockables await me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom