• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nothin

Banned
TTP said:
There is a lot of useful info detailing each replay. It's not difficult to locate what you are looking for.
It really is, especially when you play as many matches as I do. Sometimes I protect certain replays because of 1 moment, others because of the whole match. It's hard to go through each Plaza-Deathmatch trying to see which game which was....very time consuming.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
But man, it would be so damn cool if they somehow made that kind of thing into game's plot. Now I'm gonna be sad when it's not there :lol

Dizzle24

Ok. I feel bad as it is. I hate that I came here to share the joy with everyone, but I'm being ridiculed like I murdered someone.

I apologized already. I figured it was common knowledge since it's all over the internet.

My mistake. Can we just move on now? Each post you guys make bitching about it isn't helping.

Thanks to the few who were sticking up for me.

I'm not going to post in this topic until the game is released next week, so I can avoid further rage from Internet strangers.

5xs9vr.gif

See ya.

Loudninja

Dizzle24 said:
Ok. I feel bad as it is. I hate that I came here to share the joy with everyone, but I'm being ridiculed like I murdered someone.

I apologized already. I figured it was common knowledge since it's all over the internet.

My mistake. Can we just move on now? Each post you guys make bitching about it isn't helping.

I'm not going to post in this topic until the game is released next week, so I can avoid further rage from Internet strangers.

pic
See ya.

Dont worry about it people are just over sensitive here, you get use to it. :)

nib95

Banned
Can someone with the game please post some screenshots? Just the links not the image themselves so people who are spoiler concerned don't have to see.

I want to see some of the sexyness man. Especially of the snow levels and jungles!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Dizzle24 said:

I apologized already. I figured it was common knowledge since it's all over the internet
It doesn't matter if something is all over the internet, significant spoilers are forbidden here. Hell, movie scripts leak all over the internet, but when someone forces an important plot surprise from a movie for everyone to see, it doesn't make it any less of a spoiler. So yeah, if this is just a bonus costume like it makes the most sense for it to be, it's no big deal. If it's some huge revealing plot point you spoiled there, then... you were being an ass.

brandonh83 said:
The
bridge
scene holy goddamn FUCK

I can't wipe the smile off my off face when watching these videos. Once I have the game I'll be higher than a coke fiend at a Columbian drug lord's factory.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Are you guys seriously leaving the thread because someone spoiled an unlockable costume? Plot details and other story-related things I understand, bonus costume I do not.

LaneDS

grif1020 said:
Are you guys seriously leaving the thread because someone spoiled an unlockable costume? Plot details and other story-related things I understand, bonus costume I do not.

I'm not bothered by it, but it's possible that it relates to a single player spoiler (I have no idea if this is the case or not), so I can understand how some folks might be miffed.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Question for those with the final game already...

Back when the multiplayer beta first came out, there were reports that playing it sent their PS3 fans into hyperdrive. Does this issue exist with the final game too?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
LaneDS said:
I'm not bothered by it, but it's possible that it relates to a single player spoiler (I have no idea if this is the case or not), so I can understand how some folks might be miffed.

These websites wouldn't be posting pictures of it if it was plot-critical. At least I would hope they aren't that stupid.

protonion

sloppyjoe_gamer said:

Back when the multiplayer beta first came out, there were reports that playing it sent their PS3 fans into hyperdrive. Does this issue exist with the final game too?

Yes.

sloppyjoe_gamer said:

I'd say but that would be spoiling it.
joke, i don't have the game

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
LaneDS said:
Yeah, now I'm conflicted - at the same time I want it to be true as it would be too damn awesome, and I'll be sad when it turns out it's just a costume, like it 99.9% certainly is. But on the on the other hand, if that's the case, I hate Dizzan for even putting that thought in my head, not just for spoiling something that would be so huge.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Jax said:
FUCKING IDIOTS QUOTING HIM.

I GOT SPOILED. GOOD BYE THREAD TIL I GET RETAIL.

IDIOT!
JSnake has finished the game, and he just said it's not a spoiler in any way. So, it's just something like a costume like it would make sense to be anyways. No more a spoiler than seeing a doughnut drake costume before getting it in the first game. Case closed guys, let's move on.

anh_duong

Banned
Dizzle24 said:

5xs9vr.gif

See ya.

don't worry about it.. i am sure people will get over it.. for me one picture isn't going to spoil it..

Jim

I spent way too much time just gawking at the visuals while playing last night.

Grabbed Some HD shaky cam of the Temple, showing off some of the lighting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XjNqQ2RQhE No real spoilers... just walking around in a room. The way the light streams through the water is incredible. You have to see it in person for the full impact of the image quality.

The game is pretty much like a generation ahead of everything else out there on consoles.

Definitely should have started on Hard though. Not quite done with the game yet, but already looking forward to restarting it. Also, some of the Treasures are much harder to find compared to U1.
No idea there were 5 in the first Chapter, hah

Super :lol @
playing Marco.. Polo in the rooftop pool
. Very unexpected.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Well at least I thought the final boss was better. I absolutely HATED the final boss in the first game. It felt like it was shoed-in to the game, as if ND thought we needed a boss and decided to half ass a boss battle. Plus, I thought the actual boss in Uncharted 2 is more of a bad ass in this one. I can see people being annoyed with Uncharted 2's final boss battle, but hell I thought the first one made no sense when
you had to kill Navarro's hunchmen instead of actually shooting directly at him.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
neojubei said:
Didn't see this in the OP and not sure if it is old but the Uncharted 2 soundtrack is up for pre-order on iTunes for 9.99 plus tax. Release date is Oct 13th. :D

Ohhh. Nice. The soundtrack in this one is pretty awesome. Better than the first game IMO. (Well, everything in this game is better than the first one, actually...lol)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Jim said:
Definitely should have started on Hard though.
Yeah, this is something I haven't decided yet actually. So you're saying the Normal is not challenging enough for someone who has finished the first game on Hard and Crushing. Even though I admit I thought Crushing was VERY difficult for me even the second time I played through it.

KAOz

Short bus special
HAH!
Sir Francis Drake
-skin being shown, means that the multiplayer portraits I saw was real! FUCKYEAH!

Spoiler for some multiplayer-skins:
Djengis Khan
Eddy Raja
Simon Templeman
Navarro
Regular Pirate
And many others
HERE I COME!:D

LaneDS

Spoil me on this one (major) thing please:

Does Sully die? I've got a feeling he's going to by his lack of presence in most of the game.

Loudninja

Wario64 said:
Well at least I thought the final boss was better. I absolutely HATED the final boss in the first game. It felt like it was shoed-in to the game, as if ND thought we needed a boss and decided to half ass a boss battle. Plus, I thought the actual boss in Uncharted 2 is more of a bad ass in this one. I can see people being annoyed with Uncharted 2's final boss battle, but hell I thought the first one made no sense when
you had to kill Navarro's hunchmen instead of actually shooting directly at him.

Thank you for the impressions :)

LaneDS

KAOz said:
HAH!
Sir Francis Drake
-skin being shown, means that the multiplayer portraits I saw was real! FUCKYEAH!

Spoiler for some multiplayer-skins:
Simon Templeman
HERE I COME!:D

Haha, did you mean to type out the actor's name instead of the character? I approve in either case.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jim said:
I spent way too much time just gawking at the visuals while playing last night.

Grabbed Some HD shaky cam of the Temple, showing off some of the lighting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XjNqQ2RQhE No real spoilers... just walking around in a room. The way the light streams through the water is incredible. You have to see it in person for the full impact of the image quality.

Is that the same in the beta? I can't recall if the beta temple map has swimmable water.

Are visuals notably improved over multiplayer?

KAOz

Short bus special
LaneDS said:
Haha, did you mean to type out the actor's name instead of the character? I approve in either case.

:lol :lol :lol Hahaha, damn, didn't notice that.

Well, you know who he is at least. :p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
gofreak said:
Is that the same in the beta? I can't recall if the beta temple map has swimmable water.

I havent really tried multiplayer, but the snow level (The Sanctuary) being played on the big screen looked gorgeous.

My buddy tried co-op on survival mode and it's really hard. Survival mode is literally just waves of enemies without any objectives other than to stay the fuck alive. Think Gears of War Horde mode. It's literally like Horde since after each wave is over, you stay at your current position. And Sam Thompson from the SF event said Crushing mode is absolutely difficult.

deepbrown

JSnake said:
It's not a SP spoiler in any way. I've beaten the game
That in itself is a spoiler. Now we know what's NOT in the game.

That's just as bad as telling us what is in it.

I'm joking.

LaneDS

gofreak said:

That's definitely not the multiplayer version of Temple.

Lince

Banned
just received an e-mail from GAME Spain about Uncharted 2, they require additional confirmation since they got overwhelmed with the huge amount of orders for both the regular and the collector editions and they want to speed up the process so all orders can be delivered for launch day (15th)...

seems like it's going to destroy the sales chart!! Uncharted my ass :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom