• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaneDS

Looks the beta stats page is back. But still way screwy. My friends page lists his top played hero as
Winter Chloe
, which clearly isn't in the demo at all.

JSnake

LaneDS said:
Spoil me on this one (major) thing please:

Does Sully die? I've got a feeling he's going to by his lack of presence in most of the game.
No. But he has very little presence in the game.

Facism

Gold Member
Lince said:
just received an e-mail from GAME Spain about Uncharted 2, they require additional confirmation since they got overwhelmed with the huge amount of orders for both the regular and the collector editions and they want to speed up the process so all orders can be delivered for launch day (15th)...

seems like it's going to destroy the sales chart!! Uncharted my ass :lol

/me waits for Lince's post on launch day when GAME don't ship his copy because they oversold their preorders :lol

Jim

gofreak said:
Is that the same in the beta? I can't recall if the beta temple map has swimmable water.
Are visuals notably improved over multiplayer?

Different Temple... this is the one we saw in one of the first batch of single player screens. Quite sure the visuals are much better in SP, if not just for the ridiculous set pieces and effects.

KAOz

Short bus special
LaneDS said:
Looks the beta stats page is back. But still way screwy. My friends page lists his top played hero as
Winter Chloe
, which clearly isn't in the demo at all.

Weird thing about that character is that the skin used to be in the beta. o_O For some reason that skin got removed like a week into the closed beta. I don't even know why.

Lince

Banned
Facism said:
/me waits for Lince's post on launch day when GAME don't ship his copy because they oversold their preorders :lol

you're so mean :'(

actually I have another copy of the Collectors Edition preordered and confirmed at GAME UK and they've always dispatched to Spain a couple of days earlier so I get the games on launch day or the next one...

yes I have two copies of U2 CE ordered, just because I collect sealed copies of my favorite games... don't ask.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm gonna broadcast on justin.tv soon. Gonna start from Crushing mode. And I should have sound this time.

Facism

Gold Member
Lince said:
you're so mean :'(

actually I have another copy of the Collectors Edition preordered and confirmed at GAME UK and they've always dispatched to Spain a couple of days earlier so I get the games on launch day or the next one...

yes I have two copies of U2 CE ordered, just because I collect sealed copies of my favorite games... don't ask.

2 chances of delivery failure!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wario64 said:
I'm gonna broadcast on justin.tv soon. Gonna start from Crushing mode. And I should have sound this time.
What is your opinion on difficulty? Was normal enjoyable for the first playthrough or was it too easy?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Lord Error said:
What is your opinion on difficulty? Was normal enjoyable for the first playthrough or was it too easy?

Son, I always play on the hardest difficulty for these types of games :)

I thought the difficulty was roughly the same, but the end game was definitely more difficult than the first one. I always like a challenge though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Lince said:
audio is a bit saturated, try to lower it a notch.

Lowered it. Good now?

If there's any good settings on justin.tv itself, let me know since I never tried this. Except on ustream last night

(or you guys can chat in the stream I guess)

Lince

Banned
Facism said:

:lol son of a fucking bitch

well if they both fail I'll just get whatever edition I may find in the supermarket across the street... or now that I think of it there're four GAME stores in my area so I can go magazine racks flying over the clerks counter berserk and YouTube the drama.

Loudninja

Wario64 said:

I thought the difficulty was roughly the same, but the end game was definitely more difficult than the first one. I always like a challenge though.

I found the hardest part in Uncharted was that
church put will all those snipers

BeeDog

Facism said:

Are you referring to some special occurence or...? (still postal strikes in the UK or what?)

(getting paranoid since I still haven't gotten my copy of Sigma 2 from HMV)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I shouldn't be watching this.

But wow at the cutscene transition. Wasn't sure you'd actually started playing. It looks sooo good.

I tried leaving a couple times when he started playing, but the game is beautiful to the MAX. Ridiculous...

I finally left when the first sequence got done and potential for story spoiler went up... But I did say "I hate you Wario" before I left. :lol :lol

rhino4evr said:
so is this GOTY or what?

Possibly. I see a few other games giving it competition though... Modern Warfare 2 is the most prominent. Is AC2 can improve on all its issues from the 1st one, thats a contender as well. The rest of the game are a tier down IMO (Killzone 2, inFAMOUS, Batman etc.)

freitax

Naughty Dog details Uncharted 2 DLC

"There will be downloadable content, yes," he told us at Sony's London HQ.

"What you'll probably see is more of the competitive type: more maps, more modes, stuff like that. The co-op stuff is hugely time-intensive and the size of it - the physical download size - is huge, so that's probably not an option.

Richmond revealed that programmers are already optimising on the engine, and have been split into groups to work on "whatever we're going to do next".
:D

If anyone watches the Giant Bomb quick look, let me know if there are any puzzle spoilers. I'll probably watch story spoilers but I don't like having puzzles spoiled, no matter how obvious and easy they are.

BeeDog

Arne, if you're reading this, PLEASE don't stick ridiculous Killzone 2-like trophies to the DLC maps. Make them more like "finish a MP game on every new DLC map" or something, no "kill 150 enemies in one round with your fists". :D

rhino4evr

iamcool388 said:
I tried leaving a couple times when he started playing, but the game is beautiful to the MAX. Ridiculous...

I finally left when the first sequence got done and potential for story spoiler went up... But I did say "I hate you Wario" before I left. :lol :lol

Possibly. I see a few other games giving it competition though... Modern Warfare 2 is the most prominent. Is AC2 can improve on all its issues from the 1st one, thats a contender as well. The rest of the game are a tier down IMO (Killzone 2, inFAMOUS, Batman etc.)

im playing Batman right now, and i can see why its a nominee. Killzone 2 didn't do all that mcuh for me, but Im not a big shooter fan. Haven't played Infamous. I think Modern Warfare will be the multi-game of the year for many, but Im still not sure it's SP will be up to par.

djtortilla said:
anybody post pictures or video of the monsters yet?
Posting spoilers without any sort of context makes it much more difficult to decide whether to highlight or not.

I shouldn't have highlighted.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wario64 said:

I see, so you played it on hard first. I may play it on normal then if the ending is that tough. I don't like retrying boss battles too many times in story driven games.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
freitax said:

So... are they going to use all of the SPUs 120% of the time in their next game (since they claim to have gone from 30% usage (with SPUs idling the rest of the time) to 100% usage between U1 and U2), or what? ;)

Nah, just kidding, I understand that the code can still be even further optimized even if they're already using all of the SPUs all of the time. Can't wait to see the results. Or, actually, I can, now I'm just waiting for U2. Just another week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom