• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexor0717

Even though that spoiler totally made my day, don't you think its a bit early to be posting MAJOR spoilers? Before the game is out? For anybody else, I would not recommend highlighting it though.

Facism

Gold Member
BeeDog said:
Are you referring to some special occurence or...? (still postal strikes in the UK or what?)

(getting paranoid since I still haven't gotten my copy of Sigma 2 from HMV)

No reference to anything special, i'm just playing with Lince because it's likely he'll get the game before me :(

I'll see him on my friendslist playing the game, followed by messages in GAFe chat along the lines of "OMFG GOTF" or "OMG THIS SET PIECE MUITO GRANDES TESTICULOS."

slipknot2009

Neo Member
polyh3dron said:
I didn't get a copy in my goodie bag. In LA they raffled off 20 copies to participants, I didn't get one :(

All I got was a t-shirt.

That's what they told me Monday night when I asked. My friend just walked away with a t-shirt too, but I got the game for going on Monday.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
jaydogg691 said:
Just sent in my affidavit for my Fortune Hunter Edition. I wonder how long it will take to receive?

Lucky. I wonder how many they actually made of those editions.

Seem like JTV is down so I can't broadcast because of their end. Ah well.

Kittonwy

Banned
JSnake said:
because no matter how good something already is, you can always improve it

You can be cooler than being cool, but what happenz when ur ice-cold?
Indifferent2.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
JSnake said:
because no matter how good something already is, you can always improve it

nvm... read your post out of context, sorry.

Has anyone been able to actually upload any of the matches that they've been in, during beta?

I uploaded something but I have no idea where to find it. The match history page on the Naughty Dog site is still "coming soon".

LaneDS

Kos Luftar said:
Has anyone been able to actually upload any of the matches that they've been in, during beta?

I uploaded something but I have no idea where to find it. The match history page on the Naughty Dog site is still "coming soon".

I think this means you'll be able to keep a match on their servers so you can pull it down later if you want to review it. Since it doesn't make "movies", it wouldn't do much good to have the replay data available on the PC since you'd have no way to play it back (since it plays back through the UC2 engine).

There might be more to it than that though.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kos Luftar said:

That has nothing to do with that. You find your uploaded video in the UPLOADS section of the Cinema section. Press TRIANGLE.

LaneDS said:
I think this means you'll be able to keep a match on their servers so you can pull it down later if you want to review it. Since it doesn't make "movies", it wouldn't do much good to have the replay data available on the PC since you'd have no way to play it back (since it plays back through the UC2 engine).

There might be more to it than that though.

All their interviews they talk about uploading and letting your friends download and watch your match, but I do not see anything like that at the moment.

Hopefully when they say "upload" they mean a video file online, not just something you can only watch in the engine.

nib95

Banned
rexor0717 said:
I just watched the Giant Bomb quick look...holy shit,Uncharted 2 is beautiful.

Agreed, scarily good looking. Amazing art direction as well. Jungle seems to be much more natural, organic, neutral and layered in comparison to the more vibrant look of the first.

ghostmind

Just watched the Quick Look... how long does it take to get through the first Uncharted? I need to get that one done so I can experience 2 asap!

rexor0717

ghostmind said:
Just watched the Quick Look... how long does it take to get through the first Uncharted? I need to get that one done so I can experience 2 asap!
I beat it in one sitting the first time (a very long sitting). I would guess about 10 hours or so.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
ghostmind said:
It's about 8 hours the first time through.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Kos Luftar said:
So UPLOAD means it saves it to your PS3?

Uploading means that the replay file is saved on ND's (or Sony's, whatever) servers. Then you can send a link to one of your uploaded videos to a friend (you don't actually send the replay file), and they can get it from the servers.

LaneDS

Kos Luftar said:
So UPLOAD means it saves it to your PS3?

Means it saves your PS3 replay on Naughty Dog servers. Protect keeps it safe locally. Upload has it there until you delete it.

That Giant Bomb clip is great, but the guy playing is a little tough to watch after seeing mostly clips of Naughty Dog themselves playing the game (and playing it well).

LaneDS said:
Means it saves your PS3 replay on Naughty Dog servers. Protect keeps it safe locally. Upload has it there until you delete it.

That Giant Bomb clip is great, but the guy playing is a little tough to watch after seeing mostly clips of Naughty Dog themselves playing the game (and playing it well).

So are the Naughty Dog servers for uploaded files up already?

thaOwner

FFObsessed said:
oh shit I was so close to watching it! :lol

What is wrong with these websites...
Don't watch it. Not because it contains spoilers or anything of that nature but because of the dumb music playing in the background.

nib95

Banned
If you can somehow close your eyes (and ears) through the first 10-15 secs of the video review, it's not that bad. Brilliant video, really show cases why the game is so ace. Especially visually. But yea, they should just edit out the first 10 seconds or so.

I mean...I definitely didn't expect that lol...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Loudninja said:
Someone said there are spoilers in the vid review.
There's location spoilers just looking at pictures posted on the first page of the review. Just glancing over them I see it's from the locations we didn't see before.

Loudninja

nib95 said:
If you can somehow close your eyes (and ears) through the first 10-15 secs of the video review, it's not that bad. Brilliant video, really show cases why the game is so ace. Especially visually. But yea, they should just edit out the first 10 seconds or so.

I mean...I definitely didn't expect that lol...

In a good way?

LaneDS

Kos Luftar said:
So are the Naughty Dog servers for uploaded files up already?

Yeah, for the beta at least. But those will (presumably) be wiped out in a few days. I assume the retail ones are already up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom