• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

KingK

Dimitri2401 said:
I just finished it, I really liked the ending (and the game in general), but there is something I don't understand. I sense like a gap in the story..

In Syria, Cutter shot Talbot, who was left magically uninjured, as Cutter himself noticed. But this is never explained, even at the end (and I really thought it would be).

I think we're to assume it was a
bullet proof vest

jediyoshi

If anyone has an IGN Prime account (free trial folks included)

I8aTo.jpg

http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/uncharted-3-item/

NeoUltima

Dimitri2401 said:
I just finished it, I really liked the ending (and the game in general), but there is something I don't understand. I sense like a gap in the story..

In Syria, Cutter shot Talbot, who was left magically uninjured, as Cutter himself noticed. But this is never explained, even at the end (and I really thought it would be).
People are overthinking that part.
Talbot is "The Magician". No use thinking about how he did it. Magic tricks are suppose to be mysterious.

hamchan

NeoUltima said:
People are overthinking that part.
Talbot is "The Magician". No use thinking about how he did it. Magic tricks are suppose to be mysterious.
Would have been cooler if he was really magic. Or if he was mind controlled by the djinn in the jar and given some extra powers as a result.

jediyoshi

patsu said:
Is it a real shirt or a PS Home shirt ?
Real ingame shirt I imagine,
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception™ Character Torso Item ("Item") is only available to legal U.S. residents with a valid PlayStation®Network ("PSN") account who are 13 years of age or older and have a PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, internet access and a copy of the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception video game.
No mention of Home on the page at least. Can't redeem mine right now to doublecheck.

Jax said:
re: ELENA

I honestly don't understand what happened here. Its pretty widespread the complaint about how she looks. I think it really ruined some of the emotional resonance of her scenes. Its like when you meet/see something not quite right; and the whole time; you just fixate on it.
late game when she had nate on her lap;
that was a great scene but the whole time I was like "that face".

Ehh I would say your probably at 50/50 with people who are for or against her looks. I think she looks odd the first time you see her but due to shaders or something she looks completely fine later.

I just finished the game! I'm not sure if I like Uncharted 2 or 3 more, but I think I'm leaning towards 3. However, why is that every single Uncharted ends with an absurd difficulty curve where they throw like a million enemies at you? The last hour of the last two games almost ruined them for me. That being said, I still liked this game a lot.

Chris R

My Amazon order finally arrived today. Up to chapter 5, loving it so far. I do notice the aiming issue people were talking about before and hope it gets patched, but for now it is fine after I cranked up the sensitivity.

Could someone let me know this though?
Is "Young Nate" an unlockable MP skin??? Or is it planned for future DLC? And the same for "Young Sully"

The Piggyback guide is beautiful too. Can't wait to finish the guide to be able to browse it freely. It is seriously top quality.

Lightning

Banned
Franklinator said:
I just finished the game! I'm not sure if I like Uncharted 2 or 3 more, but I think I'm leaning towards 3. However, why is that every single Uncharted ends with an absurd difficulty curve where they throw like a million enemies at you? The last hour of the last two games almost ruined them for me. That being said, I still liked this game a lot.
I don't agree. Drakes Fortune was by far the worst for this... the end of that game is just straight hard. Among Thieves is not too bad once you get a crossbow for those resin monkeys but yeah, I feel the difficulty jump from
chapter 11 to chapter 12
can be a bit much for some people and the jump in
chapters 20-22
. I can understand frustration there but with strategy it is doable and games that are without challenge are a bad thing.

rhfb said:
The Piggyback guide is beautiful too. Can't wait to finish the guide to be able to browse it freely. It is seriously top quality.
It is great indeed. I got it for collection purposes.

Mr.Swag

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Whew. Got all the treasures. Shit I hate doing that. Collectathons are the worst.
No one said you had too man, ;)
I've played all three Uncharteds muiltiple times, and I think I've only got like 80 treasures between all 3.

ultron87

Just got to Chapter 12.

Please tell me that that was the last time that
fucking magic hypno darts are used as a primary plot point.

Lightning

Banned
ultron87 said:
Just got to Chapter 12.

Please tell me that that was the last time that
fucking magic hypno darts are used as a primary plot point.
Yes but play the entire game and it will make sense.

arne

Wario64 said:
1.01 patch coming within 24 hours

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_101_notes/

The Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception 1.01 patch has been released and will be rolling out across all regions globally in the next 24 hours. The patch notes to update 1.01 are as follows:

Available: November 7, 2011

Technical

Fixed an issue so that 3D works properly on all Sony SimulView 3D TVs.

Mehhh

This patch was in the works for quite some time (relatively speaking). Anything we looked into or was discussed on Friday (or that Awesomesauce/Cartridgeblower mentioned) would have been too soon to make it in. I don't have any other details on that yet.

pixelbox

alr1ghtstart said:
Character freezes for a good 5-10 seconds during the middle of match. The game pops up a little desync logo when it happens.
Its because of your internet connection. It will freeze the character if it looses connection.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man, chapters 16-20 were incredible. The
entire plane sequence was nucking futs, and the desert was stunning. Poor Drake can't catch a break. :(
Depending on how the game concludes, I might actually prefer this over UC2. If it wasn't for the lack of single player unlockables, I'd feel pretty confident in saying that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
arne said:
This patch was in the works for quite some time (relatively speaking). Anything we looked into or was discussed on Friday (or that Awesomesauce/Cartridgeblower mentioned) would have been too soon to make it in. I don't have any other details on that yet.

Thanks for the update, arne :)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
arne said:
Thanks for the update even if it was to let us know you don't know. :p

Lightning said:
I don't agree. Drakes Fortune was by far the worst for this... the end of that game is just straight hard. Among Thieves is not too bad once you get a crossbow for those resin monkeys but yeah, I feel the difficulty jump from
chapter 11 to chapter 12
can be a bit much for some people and the jump in
chapters 20-22
. I can understand frustration there but with strategy it is doable and games that are without challenge are a bad thing.

I agree, challenge is a good thing, just the spikes in difficulty bother me. The difficulty in
Chapter 12
was kind of ridiculous at first, but I'll admit I was able to handle it after figuring out the strategy for it. So it wasn't that big of a deal. But I guess I was just missing something in
chapters 20-22
, because I couldn't stop dying and it got really frustrating.

snuggler said:
Man, chapters 16-20 were incredible. The entire plane sequence was nucking futs, and the desert was stunning.

I agree, possibly my favorite part of the game!

Anteater

Franklinator said:
I agree, challenge is a good thing, just the spikes in difficulty bother me.
Chapter 12
was kind of ridiculous at first but I'll admit I was able to handle it after figuring out the strategy for it , so it wasn't that big of a deal. But I guess I was just missing something in
chapters 20-22
, because I couldn't stop dying.

I agree, possibly my favorite part of the game!

It's just a pretty badly designed map and enemy spawns, you could tell where they want you to go after messing up a few times and finding the right path. I think they fucked up the checkpoint system too, it might have been locational, meaning if you didn't kill a single thing and die under the ladder, the game spawns you with everything in alert and nuking you from all directions, I'm not 100% sure, but that's what happened to me on my first playthrough, making that part a clusterfuck, while it was pretty easy on crushing because I know where to go and where enemies spawns.

Edit: oops I'm talking about the
ship graveyard
, sorry if you're talking about a different map, I don't remember exactly what ch12 was.

Hazelhurst

I really wish we could view the journal like how Drake views the
Map. It's so seamless and unobtrusive.
It reminds me of
Dead Space's
point of view when viewing the inventory. I dread viewing the journal because of how it takes you out of the game.

i just realized after a second viewing at the end
Drake's ring sinking into the quicksand was like the LotR ring in lava scene.

Seventy5

Has Arne commented on single player unlockables? I fully intend to play through again on Hard and Crushing, but I may hold off on Crushing if unlockables *could* be patched in. Aside from that, ND saved me $60...the MP is so good I'm skippint MW3! The co-op is amazing.

Seventy5 said:
Has Arne commented on single player unlockables? I fully intend to play through again on Hard and Crushing, but I may hold off on Crushing if unlockables *could* be patched in. Aside from that, ND saved me $60...the MP is so good I'm skippint MW3! The co-op is amazing.

Yea, no unlockables is just crazy IMO. Such a major part of the fun taken away for seemingly no reason.

In other news, I just completed my platinum about 10 seconds ago, and in still other news, I'm terrible at competitive multiplayer.

Loudninja

Seventy5 said:
No they already said they cant be patch in since unlockables broke the game.

Luthos

For some reason I can't get Riot Rocker to pop. I'm doing the beginning of Chapter 15, and after I get that one, I restart from checkpoint and do it again. That method works on all the other trophies...

arne

Loudninja said:
No they already said they cant be patch in since unlockables broke the game.

The only thing that is, what seems to be a very distant, possibility, is adding in a cutscene viewer. that's about it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
cackhyena said:
Maaaan, I see it the exact opposite. You'll never meet, watch or play a character as lucky as Drake.
Seriously. The sheer number of death traps he escapes (largely) unscathed is ridiculous. The man is the luckiest dude alive.

thetrin said:
Seriously. The sheer number of death traps he escapes (largely) unscathed is ridiculous. The man is the luckiest dude alive.
And he has fun while scoring chicks too

Then he gets fat like a donut if needs to be

Such is his life

Raonak

Banned
thetrin said:

I know right? I was just shaking my head wondering how in hell he was gonna survive when the plane tore in half.

Then I figured out his secret.
He has a horseshoe on his belt buckle.

JJBro One

Is anyone else having trouble maintaining control over Drake? It feel like the slightest nudge on the analog stick sends him all over the place. Never had this problem in 2.

thetechkid

Raonak said:
I know right? I was just shaking my head wondering how in hell he was gonna survive when the plane tore in half.

Then I figured out his secret.
He has a horseshoe on his belt buckle.

Hes a colts fan.

Raonak

Banned
JJBro One said:
Is anyone else having trouble maintaining control over Drake? It feel like the slightest nudge on the analog stick sends him all over the place. Never had this problem in 2.

might be your controller?
I always tilt the analog slightly to make him walk like a badass. I always tend to do it when entering new areas.

jax (old)

Banned
Experienced my first disconnection drop out with that symbol on screen. Plugged in ethernet cable now. Uuurhhhhh

Trying to get tier 3 deposit.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
JJBro One said:

I fell off a ledge in the Chateau because I took one step and he lurched farther than he really should have. That was a mostly isolated incident, but sometimes the movement does feel more twitchy than it was in UC2. It's too subtle for me to call it an actual problem, though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Chiggs said:
Jesus Christ, the controls and aiming really are THAT bad.

What the fuck happened?
Should've waited for the patch!

had another weird bug in this game
just before the big ship graveyard battle, where you meet the first bandit after the big brawl, nate says something like "please don't turn around, don't turn around" etc. that guard was missing on my crushing run this time. later i returned via chap. select and he was at his usual spot. after this, i did another chap. select and he was gone again. of course, nate would just say his line nevertheless.

weird shit is going on.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pranay_ said:
Increase sensitivity to max and in few hrs you will get use to it
Not necessarily :)

Anteater

Speaking of bugs, Elena also repeated a line over and over like 3-4times in my game
in the room with the body parts puzzle, where she talks about how creepy it is, she creeped me out more than the actual puzzle.

Anteater said:
Speaking of bugs, Elena also repeated a line over and over like 3-4times in my game
in the room with the body parts puzzle, where she talks about how creepy it is, she creeped me out more than the actual puzzle.

lol, i'd be creeped out as well.

Top Bottom