• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

I came in there to post where the fuck are the new maps already!! my interest was going away on mulitplayer..... Now I'm debating buying the fortune hunter pack.....Naughty Dog is taking all my monies!!!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm glad there's no DLC trophies. When they added DLC trophies in UC2, it changed the way people played because they were just boosting to get them. It was terrible.

I am so pumped for the "new" maps tonight.

I think DLC trophies could be cool if done right and not like U2. Fuck getting the protectorate trophy again. Just do simple stuff. Play 50 matches, Obtain 20 medals in a match, get a booster to gold level, complete all of the adventure levels on hard, beat co op arena without restarting a wave, kill the heroes 5 times as the villians in hunters ect.

Also while playing last night I found a kick ass spot to kill people unsuspectingly on Desert Village. Facing where the Tbolt spawns on top of the platform in the middle of the stage, turn around and go all the way to the edge then drop and hang on the edge. Then shimmy all the way to the left and then drop down. You should land on this tiny rock/building formation that is sticking out. It almost looks like you are floating in mid air but you are not. Man I tell you I had the double barrel shotgun and aimed down below and when everybody started walking up the stairs they ate all my shotgun shells. There was raging to be had. It was glourious.

TripOpt55

I'm not really into trophies that much, but they could have done something like win so many matches in a certain mode. Get so many kills overall. Just stuff like that. Nothing that would make people play like idiots. The problem was them having stuff like get 100 Tricky medals and every time I turned a corner I saw some ass hanging from a box for no reason.

I love the idea of the new co-op adventure DLC. Sounds sweet!

KingK

Man, I do want the "new" maps, but $10 might be a bit more than I can afford at the moment if I want to buy the co-op DLC down the line and new new maps. The Fortune Hunters club is looking more appealing now. I don't care at all about skins, but assuming a future map pack is also $10, and the co-op pack is $10, that's already $30 whereas the Fortune Hunters thing is only $25.

I'm glad there's no DLC trophies. When they added DLC trophies in UC2, it changed the way people played because they were just boosting to get them. It was terrible.

It would be good not to have DLC trophies, I worked hard to get 100%, I would like it to stay at 100%, maybe trophies for having played the maps but that's it, KZ2 and KZ3 DLC trophies were a pain in the fucking ass, flamethrower kills? Really?

I'm not really into trophies that much, but they could have done something like win so many matches in a certain mode. Get so many kills overall. Just stuff like that. Nothing that would make people play like idiots. The problem was them having stuff like get 100 Tricky medals and every time I turned a corner I saw some ass hanging from a box for no reason.

I love the idea of the new co-op adventure DLC. Sounds sweet!

The problem is that if they do trophies we'll probably get some retarded ones like get a five not alive on a certain map in a certain mode when the majority of people probably will never get even one.

Andrefpvs

The problem is that if they do trophies we'll probably get some retarded ones like get a five not alive on a certain map in a certain mode when the majority of people probably will never get even one.

80% of U2's DLC Trophies were very reasonable, they just have to turn that into 100% for U3. I'll be very disappointed if there are no DLC Trophies at all for this game.

TripOpt55

Played a couple of arena co-op matches on Sanctuary and Fort. Both look really good if they aren't really much different. Walked around the other couple maps on my own just to see what they look like and was really impressed with the new look of the caves map. Looks awesome.

Well I am suggesting they don't do stupid trophies like that. Make it so people play all the modes. Maybe something like Complete Arena co-op on all four new maps. Just some stuff to do. And then like in Uncharted 2's so many wins in each mode. So many total kills in Deathmatch. Capture so many zones... etc. It would be just a matter of putting some time in really. Just avoid stuff that is really insane or that would make people play in a non-normal fashion.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
HOLY SHIT at these new maps...they're beautiful...

The Fort is fucking CRAZY...so is the Cave. Wow...

I saw Tintin today and my god, it IS Uncharted lol. I came away loving U3 even more, I much prefer it to the movie. Can't wait to replay it.

The new maps are great. There's some slight changes to the Sanctuary that make it a bit more enjoyable IMO. The color scheme isn't great though. The Fort and Lost City are huge improvements, especially the latter.

We played a good 14 matches but didn't even get to vote for the Cave as an option which was my favorite U2 map.

Mikey Jr.

Wow, I am getting pitted against higher level people since I downloaded the map pack.

I am level 70-legacy 2, and all my opponents have been atleast legacy 1, with a good majority being 75-legacy 3.

I have really had to up my game, haha.

I enjoyed playing on the new maps last night. It sucked that there wasn't a shortage of FAL users, though. *rolls eyes*

Sanctuary is ugly as sin, Lost City looks very nice in the snow, and Cave and the Fort are ZOMG beautiful!
I feel the same way. Well, the aurora borealis in Sanctuary is nice, but the map itself is just blah now. The Fort's rain, oh the rain. It's even better than the Flooded Ruins. I stood there when the map loaded for a good 1-2 minutes, because I was in awe of how gorgeous it was. The Cave is just wow now as well. I actually loved when it was full of snow, but man, the detail in the map now is insane.

gdt

I never should've gone legacy, now I'm only pitted against starred 75x3 FAL-toting pieces of shit.

Yeah, they must've made some changes, cause I'm only getting hardcore legacy dudes, FAL'd out. I got comfortable with lower levels lol.

The Fort is insane now. Looks like a true war torn battlefield now. Sooooooooooooooooo good. Haven't played The Cave though.

And yeah, The Sanctuary needs to be lighter, it's too dark, especially in the shadowy areas near walls and in the caves.

BeeDog

The fuck, downloaded the map pack and tried to play them using LAN mode, but the game complains that I need to purchase ALL map packs to be able to play on it.

:/

Mubbed

I never should've gone legacy, now I'm only pitted against starred 75x3 FAL-toting pieces of shit.
I haven't bothered with Legacy and all my opponents are maxed out. It is because everyone who purchased the DLC is at a relatively high level.

Darkatomz

Anybody figure out the new map effects (ex: in UC2 Fort, there was the pointless Sully plane crash) and weapon spawns yet? I so wish I had time to play... :(

Mikey Jr.

Same with me.

It is probably putting you with people who bought the map pack.

75x3 people have most likely bought it, so it is putting you with them.

I enjoy fighting 75x3. I feel like I get better as a player.

Anybody figure out the new map effects (ex: in UC2 Fort, there was the pointless Sully plane crash) and weapon spawns yet? I so wish I had time to play... :(

None in lost city or fort as far as i can tell.

jett

D-Member
I think there are no RPGs in Lost City and Fort anymore.

Same with me.

It is probably putting you with people who bought the map pack.

75x3 people have most likely bought it, so it is putting you with them.

I enjoy fighting 75x3. I feel like I get better as a player.

None in lost city or fort as far as i can tell.

I don't feel like I get better at anything playing those douches when I don't have the FAL unlocked, my boosters are underlevel'd, and my kickback of choice nerfed to shit.

monocromo

Random question: is the online pass console wide ? To be a little more specific... if I redeem it on my US account can I go online with my main one ? (from a non store friendly country)

Kirous

Neo Member
Guess we'll get the better U2-maps in the next dlc then. :)

I will probably try out the new maps this weekend, but I won't be spending much time with the mp before nd nerfs the fal. It pretty much makes the game unplayable at the moment. Fal is the biggest reason I haven't played the game during the past few weeks and why I've been playing other games instead.

The funny thing is that most people who use the gun are actually really bad and only get kills because it's so overpowered. Fal is worse than sa ever was in U2. I usually start matches with g-mal or m9 and change to fal if most people on the other team are using it, which must be the norm nowadays, and usually kill them easily with it.

Top Bottom