• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

So, yeah I think I'm done with mp for now. At least until the new update/DLC comes out then that will remind me why I shouldn't be playing this game again.
unless some of the old GAF crew wants to play. :p
Too unbalanced, and not fun at all. Everyone just hides and camps the power weapons. OMGOMGOMG!T-BOLT ONE HIT KILL!( that weapon shouldn't even be in the game.) -_- I stand by what I said earlier. UC2 is still the better game. Even with all the problems it has. I'm just so use to jumping into a game and being a contributing factor to actually winning the game. Oh well...

Darkatomz

I was playing for a bit since I got back from break, but I've been so bogged down I haven't even played much.

That, and XIII-2 comes out Tuesday, so I probably won't be returning for a while after this weekend...

So, yeah I think I'm done with mp for now. At least until the new update/DLC comes out then that will remind me why I shouldn't be playing this game again.
unless some of the old GAF crew wants to play. :p
Too unbalanced, and not fun at all. Everyone just hides and camps the power weapons. OMGOMGOMG!T-BOLT ONE HIT KILL!( that weapon shouldn't even be in the game.) -_- I stand by what I said earlier. UC2 is still the better game. Even with all the problems it has. I'm just so use to jumping into a game and being a contributing factor to actually winning the game. Oh well...

You know when I see this said, I try to be open minded and go play UC2 again. I can't even make it mid match before I cut the game off. The low health, lag and just DULLness if the gun sounds turn me off completely. I loved UC2 and although it was more simple, I'd prefer UC3 anyway over it. Most of the maps are now in UC3 and the health alone in UC3 makes it better imo. The dying fast issue is a result of leg shots being calculated as torso shots. It should take more than 2 bursts to the legs to kill(gmal) but right now it counts as torso so you get killed faster technically rolling away or running around corners with your legs exposed. Thats why the FAL seemed OP'd and same for the Gmal.

You know when I see this said, I try to be open minded and go play UC2 again. 1. I can't even make it mid match before I cut the game off. The low health, lag and just 2.DULLness if the gun sounds turn me off completely. I loved UC2 and although it was more simple, I'd prefer UC3 anyway over it. Most of the maps are now in UC3 and the health alone in UC3 makes it better imo. 3.The dying fast issue is a result of leg shots being calculated as torso shots. It should take more than 2 bursts to the legs to kill(gmal) but right now it counts as torso so you get killed faster technically rolling away or running around corners with your legs exposed. Thats why the FAL seemed OP'd and same for the Gmal.

1. See this is how UC3 is for me now. I Jump into a game. Run around the map looking for people, get T-Bolted. Get into a one on one gun fight, get out strafed by Fleet Foot. The game was driving me insane. :lol
Understand your frustration with UC2 though. I jump on every now and then. Do pretty damn good for a couple of games. Then I run into that one asshole running Situational Awareness camping with a shotgun, pumping like a jackass like he's done something awesome! :D Then quit. I just love the way it controls. Plus there's no sprinting in that game so it make tracking a moving target easier for me. Many times I've shot at someone that doesn't even try to retaliate. The just run a circle around me and wait for dat reload. bleh!

2. I guess we just have to agree to disagree with this one. XD I loved the gun sounds in UC2. M4, AK-47, Micro 9mm, Pistol...you name it.

3. Gah, such BS. :/ knew something was up.

storl026

How can it be that I hop into a MP game and it's me and 4 other players ranging from level 32-58, and we get matched against all level 75 prestiges, and we inevitably get DESTROYED? How can you not know that you should maybe, I dunno, put 1-2 of those high level players on my team and put 1-2 of the mid-range players on the other team. BASIC multiplayer matchmaking, and it boggles my mind.

How can it be that I hop into a MP game and it's me and 4 other players ranging from level 32-58, and we get matched against all level 75 prestiges, and we inevitably get DESTROYED? How can you not know that you should maybe, I dunno, put 1-2 of those high level players on my team and put 1-2 of the mid-range players on the other team. BASIC multiplayer matchmaking, and it boggles my mind.

This has been a problem since UC2. Have you bought the DLC? Because right now the community is split between those that have the DLC and those that don't. More often than not it's the higher lvl players that have the new maps. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

storl026

This has been a problem since UC2. Have you bought the DLC? Because right now the community is split between those that have the DLC and those that don't. More often than not it's the higher lvl players that have the new maps. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Nope, running vanilla. It should STILL not be an issue, even if I did have the DLC. The pool of players is obviously already in the lobby; just switch a few of them around for balance. Getting destroyed over something that would be simple to fix is not fun and makes me not want to play MP.

Nope, running vanilla. It should STILL not be an issue, even if I did have the DLC. The pool of players is obviously already in the lobby; just switch a few of them around for balance. Getting destroyed over something that would be simple to fix is not fun and makes me not want to play MP.
Welcome to Uncharted MP! Where problems never get fixed, and patch updates make things worse! :[

Darkatomz said:
I was playing for a bit since I got back from break, but I've been so bogged down I haven't even played much.

That, and XIII-2 comes out Tuesday, so I probably won't be returning for a while after this weekend...
Yo! Tried the demo for XIII-2. Shockingly, I had fun. D: Pretty surprising considering I hate FFXIII. :p Yeah games whenever, although teh kittonz, hasn't been on UC3 in a while. >:[

storl026

Hmm I wonder what this game will be like after 4 map packs worth of community splitting.

Why would a middle-of-the-road MP game even do this in the first place? I think the only franchises that can get away with charging for map packs without splitting the user base are Halo and Call of Duty. Oh well, money in their pocket I guess.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Not trying to hate or anything, but I've yet to come across a good fucking pair of split screeners. Literally every single person I bump into who are playing via slitscreen tend to be the worst players out of the whole match. :/

Also, matchmaking has been complete shit ever since Uncharted 2, so I'm really not surprised at the unbalanced teams in every single game I'm paired up in. When I'm playing alone, it's always against five party players, but whenever I'm partied up, matchmaking hardly ever puts us against other parties. In the RARE events that it does, which ever party is getting destroyed ends up quitting because their fake stats are a better priority.

Not trying to hate or anything, but I've yet to come across a good fucking pair of split screeners. Literally every single person I bump into who are playing via slitscreen tend to be the worst players out of the whole match. :/

I think this goes for all MP games. :lol

Darkatomz

Yo! Tried the demo for XIII-2. Shockingly, I had fun. D: Pretty surprising considering I hate FFXIII. :p Yeah games whenever, although teh kittonz, hasn't been on UC3 in a while. >:[
That's not true. He's on most of the time I get on, which isn't even much to begin with. We're just getting on at different times.

TripOpt55

I am not sure if current UC3 multiplayer is worse than current Uncharted 2 multiplayer, but I am pretty positive I liked early Uncharted 2 multiplayer the best of any Uncharted multplayer yet. Before the big health changes. Just preferred the map designs and weapon-pickup system I think. And obviously it was better before the health changes which hurt climbing around and Plunder.

i dunno when i plat the not 75 prestige players are split even during match making ..

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Beat it this morning, amazing game. Every level was really memorable and had draw dropping. My only gripe with the game was the horrendous aiming which I just found out got patched. I really wish I knew that so I could have plugged up my PS3 to the internet to downloaded it before finishing the game.

1. See this is how UC3 is for me now. I Jump into a game. Run around the map looking for people, get T-Bolted. Get into a one on one gun fight, get out strafed by Fleet Foot. The game was driving me insane. :lol
Understand your frustration with UC2 though. I jump on every now and then. Do pretty damn good for a couple of games. Then I run into that one asshole running Situational Awareness camping with a shotgun, pumping like a jackass like he's done something awesome! :D Then quit. I just love the way it controls. Plus there's no sprinting in that game so it make tracking a moving target easier for me. Many times I've shot at someone that doesn't even try to retaliate. The just run a circle around me and wait for dat reload. bleh!

2. I guess we just have to agree to disagree with this one. XD I loved the gun sounds in UC2. M4, AK-47, Micro 9mm, Pistol...you name it.

3. Gah, such BS. :/ knew something was up.

The only gun sound I miss is the M4. The AK-47 in UC2 lacks "oomph" and sounds too light. I LOVE the rumbling rambo sound of the AK in UC3. The micro in UC3 sound better to me and the pistol same. The shotguns in UC2 felt better to shoot though Idk why.

Why would a middle-of-the-road MP game even do this in the first place? I think the only franchises that can get away with charging for map packs without splitting the user base are Halo and Call of Duty. Oh well, money in their pocket I guess.

UC3 needs to do like how Gears 3 did was by give away the first map pack away for free after a month when it comes out but allow the owners of the DLC to use it in custom games and have extra features like skins and other options. The next DLC should be paid only but they should offer more incentives like add a gun skin or two.

ND for the love of dog please lessen the slow down of the aim assist.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztxhs255MmE#t=4m54s
Arne, someone, anyone from ND watch this video as these two people explain the issue in finer details. The freaking magnetic aiming has to go. I just can't stand it anymore. Played UC2 today and just wondered why they changed the feel of the aiming?? The sniper already is nerfed by auto zooming why fukk it up more with this slow azz aiming?? This virtually throws off my aiming with some weapons especially up close. It always feels weird trying to aim and shoot someone. I could deal with it in coop more because the enemies move slower but in deathmatch modes this thing bothers me. I feel like driving all the way to ND studios across the US, walk inside their office and give the ND team the peoples eyebrow and demand them to change the settings or I'd kick their candy ass!

eloestmn

I feel like driving all the way to ND studios across the US, walk inside their office and give the ND team the peoples eyebrow and demand them to change the settings or I'd kick their candy ass!

image.php

They'd know you were coming thanks to PING and dodge your eyebrow easily with fleet foot gold.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
image.php

They'd know you were coming thanks to PING and dodge your eyebrow easily with fleet foot gold.
:lol :lol :lol

Man, it's been a while since matchmaking has paired us up, dude! One of these days, expect me to get matched up in Team Objective!

Strike

Matchmaking led to some really bad matches tonight. Watching your entire team of low level randoms get wiped out by a team of legacies is not fun. Also Fleet Foot and the FAL in this game is what Situational Awareness and Down the Irons were to Uncharted 2 (aka the banes of my existence).

i got a weird aim assist bug last night .. i was into lost city lower part out of the tunnel , wanting to kill someone ...and i was straffing ..and then the game decided assist me to shot 50 cm on the left of my ennemy..i couldn't change this .. i was locked .. ihad to change my weapon to cancel it ..

So weird ..

i got a weird aim assist bug last night .. i was into lost city lower part out of the tunnel , wanting to kill someone ...and i was straffing ..and then the game decided assist me to shot 50 cm on the left of my ennemy..i couldn't change this .. i was locked .. ihad to change my weapon to cancel it ..

So weird ..

I'm telling you if we don't get the attention of ND about this this game will end up having AUTO AIM!! It's already like that with some power weapons.

bunbun777

Hi everyone I received this code - it is for redeeming some sort of in game reward for MP - I will just post it here and whoever redeems it first can have it- please post that you got it and i will edit this, thanks!

79RH-AGNG-T53E

bunbun777

I received a code because I played in the Beta-- the code is for MP in Uncharted 3-- some sort of reward-- hahaha very funny posts though, I apologize for not wording it better.

tranciful

Just finished the campaign for the first time (on hard). It wasn't until the rocky boat parts that I started to really get into it. I was impressed with a lot of the visual effects, though.

Some points (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS):
-I think they got better about the split between the platforming and combat. They had a good combat system from the start that could be used in all sorts of terrain, but it wasn't really used in UC (platforming/combat was very separate). For UC3, it like they intentionally had parts that put it in the spotlight. I still think it could be taken further though (I wish I could have a stab at designing a level for UC's combat engine)

-It felt a bit easy/short. I remember UC2 feeling like it went on and on, and both UC1 and UC2 had several really hard (borderline frustrating) battles. Maybe it's just because I last played the other games on crushing. I did appreciate how not EVERY SINGLE enemy had a helmet on, though. I like my headshots to count ;)

-No boss fight at the end..? I was expecting a dramatic drawn out firefight between me and Talbot where he's got some superpower. Or some kind of interaction with Marlow. That brings me to the next point.

-The way the plot unfolded was both expected and unexpected. I really like how they did the GhostRider guys -- them seeming real, but end up being no more than a hallucination. It's a great idea and was executed well, but after UC/UC2 had supernatural stuff for real, it kind of makes you wonder "why get serious now?"

-I still prefer UC1's melee combat system. It was the perfect risk reward and it made Uncharted stand out by having some depth to melee in a shooter. From UC1, I still have a habit of using melee combat over shooting from the hip.. unfortunately that isn't as wise in UC3 because melee fights are more drawn out. I still miss some of the specific combos from UC1 :(

-Buggy for an Uncharted game. I had a weapon malfunction where it'd still spend bullets and vibrate my controller, but it wouldn't fire a bullet or do any damage. One of the cutscenes started bugging out at one point as well, and I had one freeze that required PS3 restart.

-Why the fuck could I not switch shoulders while aiming? Was there some secret way to do it? I thought it was just L3 or R3? It's even listed in the statistics, but it sits at zero because it never worked for me. I tried just about everything.. except checking the manual brb

Toppot

-Why the fuck could I not switch shoulders while aiming? Was there some secret way to do it? I thought it was just L3 or R3? It's even listed in the statistics, but it sits at zero because it never worked for me. I tried just about everything.. except checking the manual brb
Its in Game options I believe, it is an option, its INCREDIBLY STUPID that its not on by default.

-Buggy for an Uncharted game. I had a weapon malfunction where it'd still spend bullets and vibrate my controller, but it wouldn't fire a bullet or do any damage. One of the cutscenes started bugging out at one point as well, and I had one freeze that required PS3 restart.
This bug happens to me very opten in MP i solve it by using another weapon very frustrating to shoot at someone , fire , see the counter go down but no bullets are fired ...

I am about 1/2 way through the single player campaign. amazing visuals, I love the action and story... but man, I have encountered some annoying issues and need to vent

1st off, the action areas are too open. might as well toss cover out the window because there's bad guys coming at you from all angles. too many times I have ducked behind cover to heal, only to be shotgunned by a guy who was right behind me and I had no idea.

I have been killed too many times because Drake does not climb up or let go of a ledge when I want him to. in fact, last night, I climbed a ladder out of water. he hung at the top, and when I hit jump to climb up, he instead did the whole "there's no ledge" hop. I was shot and killed as he did this like 3x as I tried to climb up. In disbelief, I went to that exact spot and tried it again, and he would not climb up. I had to move sideways on the ledge, away from the ladder, before he would pull himself up. wow.

He also will stick to ledges, as if the game is guiding you. When there's water below I'm just going to jump straight in, no need to force me towards a ledge, thank you. I've been killed when I just want to dive, but instead he grabs onto a ledge and I'm shot at while I hit O to drop down 4x before getting into the water

Just about every chase/run away action sequence, there are too many leap before you look moments. I've plummeted to my death too many times because the game is making you gogogo and doesn't give you time to line up your jumps or even see where the next ledge is

It seems like they tried to go Arkham Asylum/City with the multiple enemy fistfights. I can believe that Batman can beat 15 street thugs but I cannot believe that Drake can beat 15 mercenaries/agents. Also the Brute enemy is invulnerable to bullets, apparently. Just for fun I tried shooting him as he runs towards you and they don't phase him.

I don't remember these problems with the 1st two games, but I don't have a great memory. This game is really high quality but god damn it pisses me off. I am playing on normal and don't give a shit about trophies, so it's not like I'm grinding at doing weird shit, I am just straight playing the game.

tranciful

Oh I thought it was funny that the brute had the same face.. whether he was wearing a leather jacket in england or dressed in arabian dress in the desert, it was the same bald white guy.

jett

D-Member
Oh I thought it was funny that the brute had the same face.. whether he was wearing a leather jacket in england or dressed in arabian dress in the desert, it was the same bald white guy.

Every enemy in the game is bald.

I don't know what's up with that.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!

There was one dark skinned pirate Brute in the ship but other than that they all looked the same.

Tokubetsu

Matchmaking led to some really bad matches tonight. Watching your entire team of low level randoms get wiped out by a team of legacies is not fun. Also Fleet Foot and the FAL in this game is what Situational Awareness and Down the Irons were to Uncharted 2 (aka the banes of my existence).

Just saw you added me on PSN. Down for games whenever if you see me on. I also haven't touched Co-op yet. No mic yet though, working on that.

Every enemy in the game is bald.

I don't know what's up with that.

Naughty Dog's one true weakness is animating hair. I believe they have even stated this. Think about it. Uncharted 1-3 all of the females have short or ponytail tied hair and the only men who have hair are Nate, Sully, Navaro, Flyn and Tailbot. Everyone else is bald or wearing a helmet. Plus their hair isn't even that complex.

Rewatch the opening in U3 when they are in the bar. There is like 10 guys in the bar and they are all bald. It really stuck out to me the first time.

jett

D-Member
Naughty Dog's one true weakness is animating hair. I believe they have even stated this. Think about it. Uncharted 1-3 all of the females have short or ponytail tied hair and the only men who have hair are Nate, Sully, Navaro, Flyn and Tailbot. Everyone else is bald or wearing a helmet. Plus their hair isn't even that complex.

Rewatch the opening in U3 when they are in the bar. There is like 10 guys in the bar and they are all bald. It really stuck out to me the first time.

Some enemies in UC2 do have hair

16002-168315-uncharted2amongthievesjpg-620x.jpg

uncharted-2-multiplayer.jpg

The bar sequence in UC3 like you said its ridiculous. It almost seems like a bug of sorts.

There's plenty of enemies with hair in U3 as well. I think all of Marlows thugs have hair. The ones with suits.

*edit* Just checked a walkthrough of Syria, first room, 4 balds and one with hair lol

Guess there's less then I remembered.
Ewmqu.png

583EL.png

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You know the issue regarding the leg damage hit boxes being the same as torso damage in the MP? arne replied to the thread over at the ND forums saying that it's intentional and that it's been that way since the beta. So if you're shooting at someone in the legs, you'll be dealing the same amount of damage like if you were shooting them in the torso.

EDIT:

arne also posted that stopping power was never changed. :lol WUT.

You know the issue regarding the leg damage hit boxes being the same as torso damage in the MP? arne replied to the thread over at the ND forums saying that it's intentional and that it's been that way since the beta. So if you're shooting at someone in the legs, you'll be dealing the same amount of damage like if you were shooting them in the torso.

EDIT:

Honestly I think Arne doesn't know what he's talking about. Stopping power was tweaked a few times in the subway beta and finally near the end of November it was significantly added where it was visible.

Honestly right now the MP is just so backwards. Issues like party splitting is at an all time high and the gameplay just seems less rewarding as you play more. Aim assist too sticky, leg damage the same as torso and blindfire kills although not as easy to just do still feels very random and simple. This game would've been MUCH better had they kept the UC2 feel and formula and just polished it even more. All this extra "recoil, kickbacks, sprint" etc made the game too different from its old version. It's like every iteration of the game the mechanics are soo different. Other successful franchises keep the basic core gameplay the same across each new game. ND insists on changing the game-play radically which just results in lots unnecessary tweaks to make it similar to the last game which wouldn't have been needed had they just keep it the same. It's like Nintendo making a new sidescrolling Mario and having Mario have a sprint cooldown and ability to wall jump and scale walls to prevent accidental deaths.

EDIT:

I don't even know how to respond to this....

Double D

Started playing it last night and got up to Chapter 9. Man, I forgot how great this series was. It really is like playing through a movie without making you feel like you're too out of control. I will say that the animations where Drake interacts/reacts to walls and stuff seems a little too over the top, though. It's a nice touch but sometimes it's like it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Also, I've got the latest patch, but the aiming seems a little funky still. I'd hate to have seen it in it's original state.

Mikey Jr.

Started playing it last night and got up to Chapter 9. Man, I forgot how great this series was. It really is like playing through a movie without making you feel like you're too out of control. I will say that the animations where Drake interacts/reacts to walls and stuff seems a little too over the top, though. It's a nice touch but sometimes it's like it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Also, I've got the latest patch, but the aiming seems a little funky still. I'd hate to have seen it in it's original state.

You have to go to options and manually turn on the new controls. So you are probably still playing with the crappy aiming

jett

D-Member
Does anyone else's slim get louder than normal when playing UC3? This thing used to be whisper silent but lately gets loud as fuck when I play for more than hour. Bought this piece of shit 3 months ago and it's already giving me problems. :|

Mikey Jr.

Does anyone else's slim get louder than normal when playing UC3? This thing used to be whisper silent but lately gets loud as fuck when I play for more than hour. Bought this piece of shit 3 months ago and it's already giving me problems. :|

Lol, what other problems is it giving you?

Top Bottom