• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Mikey Jr.

Lol. My PS3 does the same thing. Must be all those grafix and such.

Btw, I learned something new. If you aim down you sights and throw a grenade while doing so, you will throw the grande significantly farther? You can lob the grenade pretty much across the map this way.

You have to go to options and manually turn on the new controls. So you are probably still playing with the crappy aiming

what the...

you know what, I saw that option. I accidentally turned it on when trying to turn on switching shoulders while aiming. when it didn't do that, I switched it back and found the proper option for shoulder switching. FFFFUUUUUUUU

TripOpt55

Lol. My PS3 does the same thing. Must be all those grafix and such.

Btw, I learned something new. If you aim down you sights and throw a grenade while doing so, you will throw the grande significantly farther? You can lob the grenade pretty much across the map this way.

This is how I usually throw grenades in this and Uncharted 2. I have gotten pretty good at it.

Does anyone else's slim get louder than normal when playing UC3? This thing used to be whisper silent but lately gets loud as fuck when I play for more than hour. Bought this piece of shit 3 months ago and it's already giving me problems. :|

In teh summer beta my FAT PS3 crashed on the plane sequence...that when i learned the hard way that uncharted requires a lot on the PS3 hardware

Does anyone else's slim get louder than normal when playing UC3? This thing used to be whisper silent but lately gets loud as fuck when I play for more than hour. Bought this piece of shit 3 months ago and it's already giving me problems. :|

Yea mines is getting kind of loud. I thought it was lack of air flow but my slim is laying horizontally with the vents facing out into a big open space.

Tokubetsu

I hear the disk a lot than with other games I play but I wouldn't call it a piece of shit or say it's giving me problems. It's locked up in Twisted Metal demo once, but thats about it. I bought my slip from amazon during the thanksgiving sale.

iLLmAtlc

My PS3 YLOD yesterday while playing Uncharted, no joke. There were no warning signs at all, everything was working so well and it just shut off while I was in the lobby.

Finished the campaign today. What a ride.

I wasn't a huge fan of the supernatural enemies this time around. They just weren't as fun to fight. And did we ever get an explanation as to what the
spider creatures
were?

And as always with the Uncharted games, I wish there were more puzzles. Still the best new IP I've played this gen.

T-0800

MP GOTG. Or close to anyway. I love the little touches like the characters responding to what's going on ie a greanade landing next to them etc.

DLC. Give me MORE!!!

Bollocks

Anybody here played it in 3D? That shit is insane, that's the future right there, not even kidding, I was blown away even more so because I've never played a game in 3D before.

eloestmn

Got this from a post on the NDF forums.
thx to xouved for typing it out

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_104_notes/

94MB update 1.04 for UC3

Version number is 1.04.019

-Fixes for Hard and Crushing Co-op Adventure Mode that address treasure sets that could not be completed.

-Quick Boom is reverted back to 7 medals (Confirmed as being a mistake, being patched tomorrow.)

-Creep Crawler is reverted back to 17 medals (Confirmed as being a mistake, being patched tomorrow.)

-The Treasure sets SIlver Incan, Gold Incan, and Ivory Incan now have their respective unlocks.

Silver Incan Artefact Set - Assault Helmet for Zoran Lazarevic

Gold Incan Artefact Set - Gold Glasses for Eddy Raja

Ivory Incan Artefact Set - Bandit Mask for Harry Flynn

-New Co-op Adventure map: Fort - Prelude. THIS ISNT OUT YET...New DLC coming tomorrow though

-New medals exclusive to the new Co-op adventure map (currently, no medal images for these.)

Open Sesame - Destroy the gate with an RPG in the Co-op Adventure - Fort Level

Key Master - Place an idol to open the doors in the Co-op Adventure - Fort Level

Detonator - Destroy a truck in the Co-op Adventure - Fort Level

Also New DLC tomorrow
Fort co op adventure
rogues skin pack 1
rogues skin pack 2
doughnut skin pack 1

Tokubetsu

Man I didn't even know you could unlock gear for hero/villain skins. Damn. I need to get back into MP but I don't want to fight legacy assholes but I also don't want to delete the dlc just because of this. Blargh.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wtf at the Quick Boom and Creepy Crawler changes.

17 medals for Creepy Crawler is NOT ideal whatsoever, and I can't wait for the inevitable bargain + bargain for Quick Boom to be 4 medals again. Yes, the timer has been reduced, but it doesn't make any easier to get four medals in a match. This is the worst thing ever. Seriously.
misread.

Guess they made it so that Doughnut Drake can finally be unlocked...after like 3 months that the game has been out.

Regarding the new treasure sets, cool. Cool that DLC skins can support accessories. Hopefully ND keeps adding new sets for free in the future, but PLEASE make the co-op drops more frequent and allow rare drops to not be TOO rare. If I would have just played co-op arena, I would have not unlocked anything. Hunter Arena is where I've completed most of my sets because rare treasure drops occur more often there.

Which brings me to my next point: Why haven't they tried and fix Hunter Arena? It's such a broken mode. No late join whatsoever so if your team mate quits, you're outnumbered. The match won't end until like the third or fourth round making you suffer round after round when your partner quits and the quitting itself is ridiculous. You'll be lucky enough to complete at least TWO Hunter Arena games in one day. and why is it that there's no 3 medal pick up chests in the DLC maps? They need to be added in for Hunter Arena.

And here's a video showing you the DLC skins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSPzJfPd9A

That's a shitload of villain skins. The villain list is so massive compared to the hero side. C'mon ND, make up new heroes!

The Fort co-op adventure? YES PLEASE. And it's not dark! It looks bright! More more more!

Man I didn't even know you could unlock gear for hero/villain skins. Damn. I need to get back into MP but I don't want to fight legacy assholes but I also don't want to delete the dlc just because of this. Blargh.
Clothing accessories for heroes and villains are unlocked through Co-op Arena or Hunter. You unlock guns through competitive modes like Deathmatch so you don't have to worry about running into parties of legacy players.

TripOpt55

New Co-op Adventure? Sweet. Looking forward to that. I haven't really been into multiplayer lately, but a new adventure map should be fun.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Eric Monacelli // Community Strategist said:
Play as the Villains in New Uncharted 3 Co-op Adventure DLC

By now you’re hopefully well versed in the long gun nuances, co-op narrative and all the hanging-by-your-fingers-on-edge-of-a-cliff action found in Uncharted 3 multiplayer. Today we’re firing a heavy salvo of Uncharted 3 DLC information your way featuring new content to download individually, or as part of the Fortune Hunter’s Club program. Downloading this fresh content will blow out the co-op storyline and expand the UNCHARTED series in ways that have never been done before.

Coming in today’s PlayStation Store update to Uncharted 3 is the Fort Co-Op adventure DLC. Did some of you guess that from our screenshot hint? Fort Co-Op Adventure will mark the first time in the series you’ll be able to play co-op as the UNCHARTED villains with Zoran Lazarević, Eddy Raja, Harry Flynn joining forces in a tale that further explores the mystery behind the Janus head statue from the on-disc co-op adventure.

Worried you’re becoming an easy target because you’re always playing as Elena, Desert Drake, or Chloe? We have some new skins for you to try. Also available today, February 7th, are the Rogues Skin Pack 1 and Rogues Skin Pack 2 as well as everybody’s favorite the skins, the Doughnut Skin Pack.

6833117555_3f048bc270_m.jpg
6833117499_2b004bf938_m.jpg
6833117245_81c068850d_m.jpg

If you’re itching for some competitive action on February 21st you can download the Plaza, Temple, Train Wreck, and Village maps in the Flashback Map Pack 2 DLC. Your favorite maps return with all-new dynamic lighting effects, cutting-edge particle effects and a bevy of other fresh technical polish. The lighting on every map has been completely redone. This map pack provides a good look at what kind of technical and gameplay shine we can put on Uncharted 3 multiplayer maps.

If you want to buy all this content standalone here’s a handy pricing breakdown:

February 7, 2012 -Fort Co-Op Adventure: $5.99
February 7, 2012 –Doughnut Skin Pack: $1.99
February 7, 2012 –Rogues Skin Pack 1: $2.99
February 7, 2012 – Rogues Skin Pack 2: $2.99
February 21, 2012 – Flashback Map Pack 2: $9.99

If you’re game for becoming a member or already a member all this content will be available free to you as part of the Fortune Hunters’ Club. If not, you can become a member today by purchasing the FHC from the PS Store. It’s a fantastic deal at $24.99.

As a FHC member you’ll save over 60% on the 14 packs of Uncharted 3 DLC. Current members and any new membership purchased will receive all currently available and any upcoming DLC packs for Uncharted 3. The exclusive Fortune Hunters’ Club theme will let you know when new Uncharted 3 DLC hits right from the XMB of your PS3.

The full lowdown on what big DLC is coming after this batch of February awesomeness will follow in a future blog update. We have some very cool surprises for you. Here’s a hint:

6833117179_e447ec5a9c.jpg

Uncharted 3 heavy metal mode? A tie-in with The Misfits Fiend Club? Nope, but we’ll have details on exactly what this symbol means in just a little over a month. Remember to be sure to be on the lookout for some brand new, Uncharted 3 renditions of your favorite maps in the middle of the month! For now, see you in your new skins and in the Fort!

They also have a trailer of the new DLC if you click on the link. <3 Eddy Raja and the
Djinn boss fight!

SxP

New co-op adventure stuff is nice. I hope I actually get to play it though, because in my 20hours of co-op adventure I only played Airport once. It just never shows up for me. I guess since you get paired up with other dlc owners it'll be easier for Fort to show up though.

New co-op adventure stuff is nice. I hope I actually get to play it though, because in my 20hours of co-op adventure I only played Airport once. It just never shows up for me. I guess since you get paired up with other dlc owners it'll be easier for Fort to show up though.

Why don't you set up a custom match and play the other adventure chapters with a friend?

jett

D-Member
lol this game ended up getting every map from UC2. Killing dat old multiplayer. It's nice that they upgraded the FHC so that we get every UC3 DLC released ever.

iLLmAtlc

Anyone wanna form a Doughnut Drake farming team? I currently got the YLOD but I should be up and running by this weekend.

I got no mic but I do have 3 stages beat on Crushing (Borneo, London and Syria) but I did it with 2 other friends who are both pretty good so it might not reflect my real ability lol.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Nice info on the DLC. But when are we getting new DLC maps? I do like that some of my favorite maps from UC2 are in the game despite the technical issues that never happened in UC2, but are present in 3. Also, the more map packs there are, the more the community is going to be split. I just hope it doesn't get to the point of UC2 for me where it took FOREVER to find a match in other playlists that weren't Team Deathmatch.

Also, the more map packs there are, the more the community is going to be split. I just hope it doesn't get to the point of UC2 for me where it took FOREVER to find a match in other playlists that weren't Team Deathmatch.

I'm hoping the more maps we get, the more people will see that the FHC is a good investment if you like U3 MP and will end up buying it, therefore lowering the chances of users being split into groups with various DLC.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm hoping the more maps we get, the more people will see that the FHC is a good investment if you like U3 MP and will end up buying it, therefore lowering the chances of users being split into groups with various DLC.
I have to give ND credit when it comes to this. At first, it didn't seem worth it at all, but right now, they're doing a great job in making it look like a worthwhile purchase in the blog. HOWEVER, that's only if you're visiting the blog. There is literally NO in-game advertisement about these new maps at all. There is no message of the day announcing any of these things, which is something ND should be looking into. Uncharted 2 did it with the message that popped out if you didn't have the DLC, why can't 3? I don't know if Uncharted TV advertises these things because I disabled it since day one, but it would be ideal to have messages from ND when you connect announcing the new DLC/Fortune Hunters pack so that when the casual player connects online, they'll know about it. I personally don't visit the blog and I know many people that don't, so how are they going to become aware? In fact, I don't think I saw any advertisement of the previous Flashback Pack on the PlayStation Store at all. I had to go to the add-on section to download it. Ideally, it would appear in the main menu of the weekly releases where the demos/games appear. It's just horrible advertising that is going to end up hurting the core fanbase because the player pool will keep getting smaller and smaller. Hell, I run into the same people sometimes when I play Team Objective and although I appreciated the aspect of running into the same people in Uncharted 2, it was when the community was 40k and one and half year later. We're 3 months in and I'm running into the same people. That's not good, IMO.

Will the fortune hunters pack be enough to prevent long waiting times to find matches as more maps come out? I don't think it will, but I'd love to be proven wrong. I know for a fact that the core UC MP players like myself will get everything, but I'm not looking forward to a future of just parties of 5 legacy players match after match. It's nice to have a mix of no parties and pure randoms and casuals in your matches.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Pictures of the DLC. Don't know how to embed them so I'll post the links:

Village: http://www.flickr.com/photos/naughty_dog/6833566987/in/photostream

It's bright now and no rain. Will the tank be removed? Probably just like every other 'dynamic' event that was taken away in UC3 from the old maps.

Trainwreck: http://www.flickr.com/photos/naughty_dog/6833566353/in/photostream

Desert-like level. I'll miss the snow.

Temple: http://www.flickr.com/photos/naughty_dog/6833566113/in/photostream

Why is it dark!? I hate dark maps. :(

The Plaza: http://www.flickr.com/photos/naughty_dog/6833567219/in/photostream

Not a fan of the color scheme at all.

i think the colors are fine...
i was accustomed to the old look i can re-enjoy these maps like new stuff.
I wasskeptical before but after the first map pack i'm loving it

Damn so much hype and so fast! It is a pity that they had to release this on the same day as Resident Evil as much of my gameplay time will go to that. Even worse the next map pack is releasing the same week as the Vita and Uncharted GA. Now that is stupid.

The new skins are alright. The doughnuts are dumb though. ND is just taking away what made doughnut Drake special. Lame.

and LOL at Quick Boom and Creepy Crawler "accidentally" being changed.

and lastly

Worried you’re becoming an easy target because you’re always playing as Elena, Desert Drake, or Chloe?

WTF is that even supposed to mean?

Monastery treasure glitch has been fixed alright, got the missing treasure and unlocked Doughnut Drake on my first try.

Thanks for posting the map screens, Rewrite. Love the look of Village and Train Wreck, never cared much for Temple but it looks good. I'm a bit disappointed about Plaza, because i was expecting a brightly lit daytime map the whole time (like the reworked Museum), but it still looks very good with the rising (or is it setting?) sun.

jett

D-Member
Fort Co-Op DLC is up via search...but it tells me I cannot access the content on my account. The fuck is this bullshit?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The Fort co-op adventure map is fucking FANTASTIC. Eddy <3 <3 <3

I want MORE!

Me and my friend beat it on Hard with just the two of us. We decided to try Crushing and we got fucking destroyed by the Mega Bomb boss! Must plan a strategy! The last room was so intense on Hard with the Carpet Bomb boss that I don't even want to imagine what Crushing is going to be like. FFFFUUUUUUU.

The DLC skins are OK-ish. It's just a generic template with look-a-like clothes. Instead of cluttering the character selection, why not add them to the custom hero/villain? It would be more ideal than having to scroll down the massive villain list. I like that you can pick which ever voice you want. It's neat. I still would have liked new voices to pick from. Doughnut Sully is by far my favorite. I've wanted a doughnut sully since the UC2 days and it's awesome to finally have him. :D

Tokubetsu

I want MORE!

Me and my friend beat it on Hard with just the two of us. We decided to try Crushing and we got fucking destroyed by the Mega Bomb boss! Must plan a strategy! The last room was so intense on Hard with the Carpet Bomb boss that I don't even want to imagine what Crushing is going to be like. FFFFUUUUUUU.

The DLC skins are OK-ish. It's just a generic template with look-a-like clothes. Instead of cluttering the character selection, why not add them to the custom hero/villain? It would be more ideal than having to scroll down the massive villain list. I like that you can pick which ever voice you want. It's neat. I still would have liked new voices to pick from. Doughnut Sully is by far my favorite. I've wanted a doughnut sully since the UC2 days and it's awesome to finally have him. :D

I'd like more customization items too. Hero's get shit compared to villains. Especially in headware.

Everytime I do co-op adventure, people jsut leave my game.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I'd like more customization items too. Hero's get shit compared to villains. Especially in headware.

Everytime I do co-op adventure, people jsut leave my game.

I know, its bloody annoying, that's why I rarely play with randoms.

Ah well, euro PSN store hasn't been updated yet, hope the DLC goes up soon! :(

I want MORE!

glad to hear it but the update happenned to late last night i hope i will enjoy this as much as you diid

Top Bottom