• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Tokubetsu

I know, its bloody annoying, that's why I rarely play with randoms.

Ah well, euro PSN store hasn't been updated yet, hope the DLC goes up soon! :(

Got in a game. We got pretty far for a bunch of randoms on fort. I was Lazarvic. Helmet armor dudes piss me off...especially when I'm the only accurate one on the team. We were out of lives by time we hit the Djinn enemies and that was that. I need a headset. I want that fancy sony 7.1 headset but damn it's expensive. Especially with Twisted MEtal next week and SSX two weeks later.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Yeah, not all randoms are bad, I remember completing airport on crushing with a few legacied randoms.

I wish I could afford that headset!! :( I only have the bluetooth one and it sucks.

SxP

Fort is pretty fun. The banter between the characters is really funny as well.

But why do some people still don't understand how KotH works. Just now, I was the only one standing IN the hill. The rest of my team was standing just outside of the hill. Sure, we never lost the hill but it dragged on for way longer than it should and it frustrated me to no end.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Fort is pretty fun. The banter between the characters is really funny as well.

But why do some people still don't understand how KotH works. Just now, I was the only one standing IN the hill. The rest of my team was standing just outside of the hill. Sure, we never lost the hill but it dragged on for way longer than it should and it frustrated me to no end.

I've been noticing this trend happening lately and I don't know what's been going on. Legacy players who have a bunch of objective points are doing it too, which is extremely bizarre. The hill is captured, but no one will try and go inside to get points. They'll camp outside the hill to try and get kills from the opposing team trying to get inside and recapture it. I'm the type of players that will do the objectives no matter what, so it pains me when I see team mates who are more than capable of capturing it and defend it just stay outside when I'm all alone in there trying to get points.

It makes no sense to camp outside anyway because each kill/assist is just worth $25. I guess people are just trying to raise their k/d ratio.

kuYuri

After getting my PS3 recently repaired, I platinumed this just now, which makes three platinums across all the Uncharted games. This was also easily the worst Crushing ever. So many cheap deaths. I'm glad to be done with it though. If I ever get a Vita on the cheap one day, I'll definitely try Golden Abyss.

Looking forward to The Last of Us. But in the meantime, I also need to get my hands on Jak Collection.

finally got some time to play the fort co-op ...character dialog is good , map design is great.
i completed it on easy , normal & hard difficulty is on part with borneo

ND , i WANT MORE Co-op..

I also found 2 game blocking bugs last night ..i hope they get fixed soon (one is on the fort

Svafnir

Bought the game on launch day and beat it a week later, and well I took a long break. I should really come back to it for some online, I played the shit out of Uncharted 2 online

Tokubetsu

Just had a great co-op experience. In the library during the end of the smoke and big armor guys it got so epic. We were all running around, silently co-ordinating. I managed to get 2 of them with the old get helmet off/run up and punch combo. I wanted to high five.

vU2jnl.jpg

This is the second time i've seen someone get caught by this bug

After pushing the turret-thing in london undergroung , they try to jump over the fence and they are stuck ... this is not a connexion problem as that was 2 people playing on the same PS3 and the other was fine..we were unable to continue however...

Another problem in fort (co-op) i was putting the idol on the second area , when i got killed by a friendly fire cluster grenade.

We were unable to put the idol on the spot afterwards .... When lazarevic ( another player ) tried to grab the idol , it created a duplicate And we were still unable to place it on the right spot.

How i wish all those problems got fixed

gdt

The Co-Op adventure was excellent. Loved the heavy snipers and heavy machine gun guys, plus the bunch of extra weapons we could use. Beat it on hard. Now it goes onto the "adventure that needs to be finished on crushing list", which is every single map dammit.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Speaking of co-op bugs, there's one in co-op arena in The Sanctuary....I'll have to post a picture of the area when I get home.

SxP

While I appreciate the FAL-SS being available in the co-op DLC maps, I wish they would then also unlock the gun for co-op modding.

Also, if you play co-op adventure and have cluster bomb equipped but not Team Safe... try to watch out where you're throwing it. Kind of a stupid way to lose a life.

While I appreciate the FAL-SS being available in the co-op DLC maps, I wish they would then also unlock the gun for co-op modding.

Also, if you play co-op adventure and have cluster bomb equipped but not Team Safe... try to watch out where you're throwing it. Kind of a stupid way to lose a life.

many don't use that combo yet it's the most safe one ..

eloestmn

Went to play some Co-op Adventure tonight and no shit, the first SIX matches the 2 other players quit out. :( That shit is getting annoying.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Went to play some Co-op Adventure tonight and no shit, the first SIX matches the 2 other players quit out. :( That shit is getting annoying.

You can add me too:FoxGirl is my ID. Done crushing for every other co-op adventure map, trying to get it on the Fort.

It seems the remaining FHC DLC has been revealed:

Coming Soon To Fortune Hunters' Club:
  • Uncharted 3 - Flashback Map Pack #2
  • Uncharted 3 - PSN Avatar Pack 1
  • Uncharted 3 - PSN Avatar Pack 2
  • Uncharted 3 – To be Announced Game Mode
  • Uncharted 3 – To be Announced Map Pack

Source

Two PSN avatar packs, but only one pack with brand new maps? Does that mean the Co-op Adventure DLC counts as one of the originally announced four map packs, or have they just bunched up the content of the last 2 packs into one pack? I mean, i've been hoping for 8 new maps, but realistically i've been expecting smaller packs with 2 new maps in each, so if this remaining pack will contain 4 maps it's all the same. Though i do find it lame that PSN avatars take up 2 out of the 14 slots, since i've been hoping for more playable content. What's funny is if the map pack will indeed contain only 4 new maps, there will be more remade maps in the game than new ones (12 vs. 11), but oh well, the U2 maps are still great and i love playing on them with the new mechanics and tweaks. Besides, a total number of 23 maps is nothing to scoff at. Looking forward to the new mode, hopefully it's not as halfbaked as co-op hunter.

Played some Fort Co-op Adventure in the last 2 days and enjoyed it greatly. It currently ranks as my favorite Co-op chapter. Very refreshing to play as villains and during daytime, the choice of location is great too. Beating it on crushing was lots of fun. I hope we'll get more content like this sometimes down the road.

jett

D-Member
Only 1 map pack left? Are they really counting the coop thing as a map pack? meh. They better not release any non-FHC DLC, I sure as hell am not spending another cent on UC3.

Mikey Jr.

Ohh ND, don't fuck me over.

I need ATLEAST 4 new maps. Hopefully they just merged 2 map packs together to create 1 big one.

PSN avatars is a fucking cop-out. Just a way to increase the value perception of the FHC.

SxP

Only 1 map pack left? Are they really counting the coop thing as a map pack? meh. They better not release any non-FHC DLC, I sure as hell am not spending another cent on UC3.

Even worse, it was basically just a recycled U:DF level.

Ohh ND, don't fuck me over.

I need ATLEAST 4 new maps. Hopefully they just merged 2 map packs together to create 1 big one.

PSN avatars is a fucking cop-out. Just a way to increase the value perception of the FHC.
i never thought that all of those 14 slots would be maps but so many skins packs are indeed hurting

Even worse, it was basically just a recycled U:DF level.

Well all of them are recycled levels from SP levels ..it doesn't means that they aren't well done.

Meh I don't care. At this point I just want them to fix the aim assist stickyness and give us new playlists to play on. Once flashback map 2 drops I'm good with maps for a few months. Getting season pass today so I'm straight. I hope the next map pack are the dry docks(from the original trailer, a london map(which it's lobby was shown in an earlier video), and two other maps. It'll be like playing a new version of Uncharted 2 and a new map pack too soon will be overkill. SMH @ Avatar pack being DLC. whooptie freaking doo!

it's weird ..since 1.03 the aim assist is much more vissible my first 10 minutes on teh fort i was unable to kill properly because of it ..

Something funny, the official description of the Fort Co-op Adventure DLC:

For the first time in UNCHARTED series history, play as your favorite series villains – Eddy Raja, Zoran Lazarević, and Harry Flynn – as you embark on a co-op adventure with up to 2 of your friends. Download now to discover the prelude to the co-op adventure mode found in-game in UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™. Why are these villains after a Janus head statue? Where did they find it? What’s guarding it? Take to an overhauled version of one of your favorite multiplayer maps of all time - The Fort map from UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™ - now to find out why, where, and what as the narrative of the co-op adventure mode of UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ expands!

Source

Lol. I don't know what's more amusing, the setting of the Co-op Adventure supposedly being an overhauled version of the Fort MP map (U:DF not good enough to be named?), or the claim that Fort was one of our all time favorite U2 maps. I mean, i personally thought it was ok, but pretty much everyone else i know hated it for being a FAL camp fest (and they had a point).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
When The Fort came out in Uncharted 2, it was a really cool map because people would be running around. However, as time passed by, it became a FAL camp fest and a very horrible map to play in because all people would do is camp on corners with their precious Fleet Foot sliding in and out of cover. With The Fort in Uncharted 3, they kind of fixed this by adding objects in the way and allowing you access to climb up and flank the players who just camp at the ends of the map.

And two PSN avatar packs for the Fortunes Hunter Pack? Really? That's such a waste.

Dang I tried out the Fort Adventure mode for the first time on Hard and it was a blast. I have a feeling this is going to be the hardest crushing adventure map.

Does anybody else have trouble getting the new medals on the Fort? Everytime I did the objective it never registered a medal.

Dang I tried out the Fort Adventure mode for the first time on Hard and it was a blast. I have a feeling this is going to be the hardest crushing adventure map.

Does anybody else have trouble getting the new medals on the Fort? Everytime I did the objective it never registered a medal.

They do register, there's just no pop-up when you get them. There's also no image for them in the medals menu, just the loading icon spinning infinitely.

SxP

People leaving in Co-op... So frustrating. Played the Fort and on the small section between the killing of 2 goons and Eddy Raja talking on the radio thingy 6 people joined and left immediately. And me and some other guy had to continuously redo that section. Why does it have to restart the damn section every time someone leaves. And one time I activated my cluster bomb... and I lost it. The least it can do is keep your special grenades. And at the end we lost thanks to a friendly fire cluster bomb. Great.

Then I started a Team Objective game and spawned inside the level. I was just frantically moving left and right inside a chest high wall. I got Sunday Stroll after 10 seconds, Marathon Runner after 15. Such a frustrating day...

Toppot

That would make finding matches harder.
maps x difficulties x people needed = 72

I think there is always at least 72 people looking to play co-op at any one time so everyone would theoretically be catered for.

In reality you have lots of people mainly looking to do games on Crushing to get the star or Hard to get treasures. So 5 maps you can do those on times the number of people needed times the two difficulties is 30, only 30 people needed for everyone to be playing a different map on the difficulty they want. And sure keep the option to play how it is if people want to be thrown in a random pool.

Even if you could just choose by difficulty or map it would make things a lot better.

The "reveal" of the remaining FHC DLC caused a stink at the former ND forums, this is what Eric from ND replied:

We've made no official announcements regarding the upcoming DLC beyond what we posted when we talked about the Fort Co-op DLC this week. Read here:

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post..._adventure_dlc_brings_uncharted_series_first/

On February 21st when Flashback Map Pack 2 releases we will have further information on future available DLC.

To give you some insight into the FHC and the changes it underwent here's the post from when the FHC was revised:

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/new_uncharted_3_dlc_fortune_hunters_club_grows/

As stated we are slowly revealing the 7 new pieces of DLC content as the year progresses. Our initial offer of just 7 pieces of content in the FHC had changed giving you 14 packs with 60% savings compared to just 7 packs with 45% savings. To get you the extra 15% of savings and 7 new packs obviously something important changed - to make this extra content in the FHC happen the way we are rolling out our DLC content changed.

All said it's difficult to properly give you all the information you're looking for when the final content in a pack or even something as elemental as the name of a pack hasn't been set yet. (From a personal standpoint TBD or TBA drives me mad as I just want to know what that really means...especially at aiports.)

Any how, simply put, let me say you'll be happy and expectations will be met. We're as passionate and hungry about getting new U3 content out there and looking forward to playing it with you when it's ready.
I can confirm we'll be officially announcing the DLC as it's ready to be announced. There's some great NEW stuff coming. We promise you that.

Source

(emphasis mine)

Sounds pretty vague. We'll see soon enough, i guess.

People leaving in Co-op... So frustrating. Played the Fort and on the small section between the killing of 2 goons and Eddy Raja talking on the radio thingy 6 people joined and left immediately. And me and some other guy had to continuously redo that section. Why does it have to restart the damn section every time someone leaves. And one time I activated my cluster bomb... and I lost it. The least it can do is keep your special grenades. And at the end we lost thanks to a friendly fire cluster bomb. Great.

Then I started a Team Objective game and spawned inside the level. I was just frantically moving left and right inside a chest high wall. I got Sunday Stroll after 10 seconds, Marathon Runner after 15. Such a frustrating day...
because it wouldn't be fair to the one joining ? That mode relies on small cutscenes so if someone leaves then it's restart

SxP

did you just ignore the second half of my answer ???

I didn't (and still don't) understand why Adventure relying on small cutscenes makes it OK to restart after a leave. I haven't played any other co-op game (reliant on cutscenes or not) that did this. And even it that was the reason, why does it restart the round in Arena after a leave?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I didn't (and still don't) understand why Adventure relying on small cutscenes makes it OK to restart after a leave. I haven't played any other co-op game (reliant on cutscenes or not) that did this. And even it that was the reason, why does it restart the round in Arena after a leave?

I agree with you. It is pretty annoying when someone leaves abruptly and you end up doing the same section over and over with people joining and leaving. When people join the match, it doesn't restart from the cutscene so I don't get why they have to restart after people leave.

I agree with you. It is pretty annoying when someone leaves abruptly and you end up doing the same section over and over with people joining and leaving. When people join the match, it doesn't restart from the cutscene so I don't get why they have to restart after people leave.

it can be annoying but it can be explained ..
a lot of variables are in play during those sequences ..not only the new dialogs when you are at 3 rather than 2. but also the check in the red circle during the checkpoints ) , or before them .. IMO that explain why it resets the current sequence if a checkpoint isn't active at that point when someone joins.

Annoying yes , but not a real problem unless you only play with random with unstable connexion..

Mr. Fix

Played the Fort co-op finally. It was cool. They pretty much inserted a section of Uncharted 1 into the game. :p

I actually wouldn't mind if they brought back the UC2 co-op maps, with UC3 characters this time (mostly for the banter). Free of course. :p

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I really do hate the online community to this game. From the KAL-7 days, to the FAL days, and now the overuse of the G-MAL. Maybe I shouldn't blame the online community too much, but rather the loadouts options. Because of loadouts, the community will always move on to the next big thing, which right now happens to be the G-MAL. I love and appreciate variety, but it's getting so predictable and boring now. Maybe ND should add an all varients playlist to spice things up...

GatorBait

Played UC a couple of month ago for the first time and thought it was pretty awesome. About to crack into UC2 within in the next week. After finishing that, what do I have to look forward to with UC3? Since the hype has settled since its release, what is the verdict on it compared to UC2?

Top Bottom