• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

jett

D-Member
Some of these trophies are tottaly nonsense.

Are they crazy ???

I believe someone in this thread has already leveled up every booster....ahahuahuaha

Yeah, I was thinking about this as well, and it shows that Naughty Dog doesn't understand why the Team Deathmatch round is so awful. With how short the TDM round is it's based mostly on luck. I've seen shit teams win TDM countless times, but that happens much less often with the other rounds.

The best solution would be to extend the TDM round, and randomize the order for everything. As tired as I get of playing TDM in round 3 all the time, it'd also be nice to play something other than Chain Reaction or King of the Hill in the first round.

Borked deathmatch as the decisive round in a close game is fucking moronic indeed. DM should just be taken the fuck out of Team Objective.

I believe someone in this thread has already leveled up every booster....ahahuahuaha
Yes ....i mean yea..

But this is an entire other problem
ND was ( from what i've seen ) smart with trophies before ...Now i doubt it legacy 5 trophy ? Really ?

This is anything but smart

jett

D-Member
Yes ....i mean yea..

But this is an entire other problem
ND was ( from what i've seen ) smart with trophies before ...Now i doubt it legacy 5 trophy ? Really ?

This is anything but smart

I guess it fits with a lot decisions made on Uncharted 3, then.

Personally, Legacy fucking blows. I've done it twice, leveled up a bunch of the same boosters three times. :/ I've had enough, I'm not doing it again. It's just purposeless.

I guess it fits with a lot decisions made on Uncharted 3, then.

Personally, Legacy fucking blows. I've done it twice, leveled up a bunch of the same boosters three times. :/ I've had enough, I'm not doing it again. It's just purposeless.

I don't see the point of legacy in any online game/mode ...never done it in cod, will not do in uncharted ..i have other things to do in my lifetime

jett

D-Member
I don't see the point of legacy in any online game/mode ...never done it in cod, will not do in uncharted ..i have other things to do in my lifetime

Guess it's a way to extend the life of the game, in case you get bored???? I only did it cuz everyone was doing it. :|

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Good lord those are some gridy trophies. I feel bad for the guys that already legacy 5'd that want the trophy.

jett

D-Member
man I've been trying out hunter arena for the lulz and I'm having a lot of fun, especially taunting people while they down haha. slappin' dat ass.

Wow those trophies are beyond band. You have to get too Legacy 5 and get all the boosters to level 3.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!

hao chi

Borked deathmatch as the decisive round in a close game is fucking moronic indeed. DM should just be taken the fuck out of Team Objective.

That's also an option. Though I would be fine with leaving TDM in if they just changed it so it's no longer this lightning round bullshit.

dokish

Banned
Hi guys. My copy of Uncharted 3 just arrived.

I read a lot of ranting about bullet sponge enemies, infinite respawns and annoying cutscenes all the time. At the end of U2 I must confess that I was really tired of the game (although I loved it) because of the enemies getting AK-47 in the face and not dying.

Should I just play this on Easy right away, or play on Normal?

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, were those problems fixed in GA? Because that's the only reason for me to pickup a Vita right now. If they didn't fix it... I can wait a little longer.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yeah, I was thinking about this as well, and it shows that Naughty Dog doesn't understand why the Team Deathmatch round is so awful. With how short the TDM round is it's based mostly on luck. I've seen shit teams win TDM countless times, but that happens much less often with the other rounds.

The best solution would be to extend the TDM round, and randomize the order for everything. As tired as I get of playing TDM in round 3 all the time, it'd also be nice to play something other than Chain Reaction or King of the Hill in the first round.
Team Objective just needs to be randomized to make it feel "fresh" if you know what I mean. I wouldn't mind if some new hill locations were added as well. I had posted a list of possible fixes a few pages back. maybe I should post it on the ND forums in the main Team Objective fix thread.

Instead of TDM being the last round, why not make it Sudden Death? You know, make everyone spawn back in their starting point and go from there. Or make it Elimination. I don't know, something to make it feel better than a shitty 1 minute deathmatch round.

----

dokish,

Play the game on Easy. Make sure you change the aiming settings in the main menu. If you feel Easy is you know...too easy, then switch it up to Normal.

Anyone know if the trophies are retroactive?
Part of me wishes that they were, but looking back at the UC2 trophies makes me think they won't be. :\

Wow those trophies are beyond band. You have to get too Legacy 5 and get all the boosters to level 3.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!

My current loadouts are all Gold and to lose their effects just to get this trophy? Screw that. I wouldn't want to even level up Revenge.

eloestmn

well that means I won't get the treasures trophies and quite frankly I don't want to do that over again.

They wont make anyone get all the treasures again (Id like to think they wont at least) My guess is they will just add a few new ones to each of the 3 sets and when all have been completed the trophy will pop up.

Toppot

My current loadouts are all Gold and to lose their effects just to get this trophy? Screw that. I wouldn't want to even level up Revenge.
Every Legacy you start you lose all weapons, boosters, kickbacks, upgrades etc You have to buy and level up everything again. So atm everyone that is 75 3rd Legacy they have done it all 3 times, though when you do Legacy you just buy what stuff you know you need/want to play with and only level up the things you use till you are 75 and start the next Legacy.

You get to keep any skins and skins items for custom characters you have bought, along with any taunts and emblem stuff you have bought and keep all treasures you have found. You also get some special boosters with each legacy, they are all boosters that affect you negatively but allow you to get money/level up faster (Like Melee can kill you in one hit but you get 50% more cash from medals)

When the patch comes out there is just two extra Legacy levels. Up to 75 4th Legacy, lose everything, then on the 5th Legacy you go up to 100 and then thats it, no more Legacy and you get to keep everything forever. Once you start legacy 5 you can level up medals and they then count towards the trophy.

Wee bit complicated and it will take forever, but these trophies are basically just a bonus for the hardcore players.

EDIT: Probably only up to 75 not 100, see below.

Every Legacy you start you lose all weapons, boosters, kickbacks, upgrades etc You have to buy and level up everything again. So atm everyone that is 75 3rd Legacy they have done it all 3 times, though when you do Legacy you just buy what stuff you know you need/want to play with and only level up the things you use till you are 75 and start the next Legacy.

You get to keep any skins and skins items for custom characters you have bought, along with any taunts and emblem stuff you have bought and keep all treasures you have found. You also get some special boosters with each legacy, they are all boosters that affect you negatively but allow you to get money/level up faster (Like Melee can kill you in one hit but you get 50% more cash from medals)

When the patch comes out there is just two extra Legacy levels. Up to 75 4th Legacy, lose everything, then on the 5th Legacy you go up to 100 and then thats it, no more Legacy and you get to keep everything forever. Once you start legacy 5 you can level up medals and they then count towards the trophy.

Wee bit complicated and it will take forever, but these trophies are basically just a bonus for the hardcore players.

Yeah, that's the problem. I don't want to legacy to 4 or 5, but the trophy hunter in me would want to do it (assuming this certain trophy can be acquired). Guess 97-98% won't be so bad...

iLLmAtlc

Making the trophies not retroactive would make no sense given the grinding required for treasures, I'd be pretty surprised if they did that. I say have a little faith guys

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Why cash events only?

Remember in the UC2 days how much "events" ND had for the multiplayer? Doughnut skins day, World Cup event where you could sport a shirt of your favorite soccer team, Christmas event where everyone had the christmas hats, one year anniversary where The Best of the Lab + special anniversary Drake was given out in addition to cash events?

Those were the days...

iLLmAtlc

When have added/DLC trophies ever been retroactive in a game?

Not sure, but recently in the KP podcast about the MGS4 trophies they said they could not make them retroactive because the game wasn't created with trophies in mind. That IF they made them retroactive it'd be too easy for everyone to download a save file and just get them all.

To me, it sounds like it's possible if developers really wanted to. Clearly they wouldn't have to worry about people just getting the trophies with a save file since all the stats and stuff are saved online. So yeah, I say have a little faith.

jett

D-Member
I don't think retroactive trophies are possible period.

Why cash events only?

Remember in the UC2 days how much "events" ND had for the multiplayer? Doughnut skins day, World Cup event where you could sport a shirt of your favorite soccer team, Christmas event where everyone had the christmas hats, one year anniversary where The Best of the Lab + special anniversary Drake was given out in addition to cash events?

Those were the days...

Yeah. There's a feeling less love is being given to UC3...

iLLmAtlc

I don't think retroactive trophies are possible period.

I could be mistaken, but based on KP's comment ("wasn't created with trophies in mind") it sounds like it is possible. It's probably more of the case that no developers have been motivated to do it for obvious reasons. There's clearly a motivation to do it now because of the immense grinding in U3.

E: Just found a comment from a few months ago:

No trick, we ran into some approval hurdles to get any additional trophies in the game and are sorting them out for future patches. We will make trophies work retroactively if/when we get sign off to include them.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-multiplayer-map-pack-tuesday/#comment-704388

That was from a few months ago but there's hope! Especially for you SpikedGunner lol.

They wont make anyone get all the treasures again (Id like to think they wont at least) My guess is they will just add a few new ones to each of the 3 sets and when all have been completed the trophy will pop up.

If they DO add new treasures, I think I'll use whatever ND has planned for alternative treasure collecting means...because screw Co-Op (Hunter) Arena and Hardcore treasures.

jett

D-Member
Oh well maybe it is possible.

btw i'm not getting any treasure drops in co-op hunter. btw #2 this is an amazing mode for trolling.

hao chi

Why cash events only?

Those were the days...

I can't say I really miss those special skin events too much. They were fun the first couple games, then I was just like "Okay, I'd like to use Chloe again please."

Though I thought it would have been cool to bring them back but instead just add customization options for each character, like for Christmas give everyone a Santa hat they can wear.

Mikey Jr.

That's something else they need to be doing. Have 5x or 3x cash events

Seriously. Where the fuck are these events? Didn't Uncharted 2 have some? U3 is close to 9 months old and we haven't gotten a single one. Increased treasure drop would be nice for that fucking hardcore playlist.

But I would honestly be surprised if 1.13 dropped and didn't have a 2x or 3x cash weekend. Seems like the perfect time to bring people back, especially those who hit 75x3.

Just have 1.13 be this massive bombshell of a patch, trophies, new DLC, weapon tweaks, new legacies, new taunts, an "exciting new system", and to top it off, 2x cash (exp) and double treasure drop rate.

If that don't get mother fuckers back into playing U3, nothing will.

jett

D-Member
Why would you want money in this game? With the legacying it's useless, lol, and you level up really quickly anyway.

People that have given up on the game won't come back, they don't like the multiplayer on a fundamental level, nevermind how unbalanced it is giving the veteran players a stupid advantage.

Man I miss the days of UC2-GAF, playing with randoms is not even close to being the same.

Man I miss the days of UC2-GAF, playing with randoms is not even close to being the same.

Yup, pre-1.05 was the most enjoyable MP gaming experience I've ever had just from the sheer amount of fun we would have -- didn't matter if we lost either (though we hardly ever did), it was still a joy to play.

Now, both U2 & U3... uuuggh.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Great games tonight GS2 and SjShane. TEAM TAU FTW.

It was so funny seeing consecutive TAU kills in a row in the kill feed. I'm going to miss the current TAU once it gets buffed. 2 hit kills feel so good. <3

Can someone explain me the factors in play regarding the treasure drop? I've been playing TDM a lot (like 6 hours) and I still haven't completed even one set. I've got Philisopher's Memory to 2/3 along some others, but all I get now are copies. Is there smething that I'm missing here? Do I need to achieve a certain level before the 3rd treasure starts dropping?

jett

D-Member
Can someone explain me the factors in play regarding the treasure drop? I've been playing TDM a lot (like 6 hours) and I still haven't completed even one set. I've got Philisopher's Memory to 2/3 along some others, but all I get now are copies. Is there smething that I'm missing here? Do I need to achieve a certain level before the 3rd treasure starts dropping?

Blind luck, it's all random. Fishing for treasures is almost pointless because of this. I have a question though, if you pick up a treasure in the middle of a match but you get disconnected or booted, do you keep the treasure? I guess not. :|

hao chi

Just keep playing. Honestly, six hours isn't even all that much. I spent longer than that in Free For All with level 3 Treasure Hunter trying to get Elena's Raffica and Chloe's M9.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Don't be surprised if we TAU snipe your ass from across the map. :)

We TAU'd everyone in our matches yesterday. It was fucking hilarious. I bet everyone in our matches were like, "what's that gun in the kill feed?" and it was just 3 of us. Imagine if we were in a full party? Ha. What's even more amusing is that after our TAU antics, I saw people from the other team equip it as well. There NEEDS to be a TAU only lab!

lol

hao chi

Nice one.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-multiplayer-map-pack-tuesday/#comment-704388

"We will make trophies work retroactively if/when we get sign off to include them."

I lean towards believing the more recent comment. It's not unusual for developers to announce something they plan to do then realize for whatever reason they couldn't.

I hope you're right and trophies are retroactive. Not because I give a shit about trophies themselves, but I just want to see a whole bunch of trophies unlock at once.

We TAU'd everyone in our matches yesterday. It was fucking hilarious. I bet everyone in our matches were like, "what's that gun in the kill feed?"

lol

That sounds hilarious. I'll have to try to join in on these TAU-shenanigans... if I can pull myself away from Persona 3.

jett

D-Member

We TAU'd everyone in our matches yesterday. It was fucking hilarious. I bet everyone in our matches were like, "what's that gun in the kill feed?"

lol

How many shots does it take for the Tau to kill? Last time I tried using it was just a pain.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
How many shots does it take for the Tau to kill? Last time I tried using it was just a pain.

It takes 3 shots to the body for a kill. However, if you get a headshot, it'll take two shots to kill.

That sounds hilarious. I'll have to try to join in on these TAU-shenanigans... if I can pull myself away from Persona 3.
You know I'm always down. It's just fucking awesome, man. I think you'll enjoy it a lot just for the crazy amount of TAU kills you'll see in a row. Plus, the sound the TAU makes when it fires is awesome.

Top Bottom