• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Here's a picture of the new character from that "become a character in the MP of UC3 contest" thing. He's called Spyder:

fwUCv.jpg

Q&A July:

1. Do you plan on eveadding Classic Mode? (Fakehound)
There are intentions of changing Hardcore mode into a gametype similar to Uncharted 2. Once 1.13 is out and done, we’ll turn our attention to this. However, we can’t promise this is going to happen. If does happen it will not have separate hit boxes.

7. What is Guerro doing in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer? Will he ever be unlocked as DLC? (fadi002)
To put it shortly: yes. We have more DLC coming. He’s one of the unlocks.

8. Will you add special weapons like the PAX G-mal, ND AK-47, ND Para 9 and others in the future? (xXGoldenArthurXx)
With the exception of the ND weapons, which we reserve for giveaways or special event, and the NDI weapons/items, which are for ND employees only, there is a way in which all other event specific multiplayer items will be available once patch 1.13 arrives, yes.

10. Naughty Dog, why did you make multiple versions of Drake, Talbot, Sully, etc instead of only having ONE Drake, ONE Talbot, etc with more customization options? (Ketsueki_Wolf)
It’s the different between custom parts and a multiplayer skin. The multiple versions are the actual character models, a character skin. Head, torso, legs, boots, and gloves are the parts that we can customize on our models. So getting all the details we want for -- say Suited Drake -- requires an entire skin to be made. Spyder, our upcoming Make.Believe character, ended up being an entire skin as well.

1. I don't mind having Classic mode replace Hardcore, so long as we don't get 1.05 health. If Classic mode were to be implemented, I would like to see boosters enabled at the bronze level. Obviously, no kickback or mods should be implemented, but an issue would arise with Weapon Expert.

7. If this was DLC, wouldn't they say it'd be purchasable? Maybe the new skins are Legacy unlocks?

8. Special items should stay special. >:/

10. They really should have just given us one skin with different outfits. The DLC skins we have could have just been purchasable as outfit pieces (bundled). I mean, they all look the same anyways.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
More info via Eric ND:

EricND said:
We will have new items and new colors for those new items. Pre-existing items won't have any new color options. It's how the customization system works in U3. The beta was just that- a beta. It was a testing place for what could work and we had to trim or add based on what worked for the multiplayer game.

- Pirate AK will be available
- New colors for new items
- Red Shirt Drake is coming

EricND said:
July 30th won't be talking about customization. It'll show off more about the Make.Believe skin that will be available.

Luxius said:
The beta had a lot of more colors, all of them different from each other. Why did you replace them with so many shades of green and brown? And I'm not talking about Drake only.

fC5nA.png

YoYZs.gif

EricND said:
Heroes have a lighter color palette and villains have a darker color palette generally. We wanted to differentiate between the two. The beta was a beta and we could test things. Simplifying the color palette is something we decided worked for the multiplayer.

That is REALLY disappointing. :(

My hope for awesome customization from with what we have right now is slightly crushed because only the new items will benefit from it. How hard is it to allow more colors other than BROWN, BROWN, BROWN, GREEN, GREEN, BLUE?!

EDIT:

New Live update that fixes the DLC problem:

EricND said:
Live update has happened. You should see a new version number - 63. Let us know if you guys and gals see anything else. Thanks!

And the new Micro/Riot Shield will be up tomorrow:

cog182 said:
We're pushing the LAB tomorrow morning. Let's see how good you are with shields!

uhh, apparently it's already up according to some people.

Gorillaz

Member
I kind of wished they would do the UC2 community skins thing. I really liked how they had skins for holidays,world cup and even weekend giveways *sigh*

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
A reply from Eric ND in the "How we expected customization to be" thread in the ND forums:

Cyris wrote:

Sorry but I refuse to give in because it was a design choice to have an inconsistent color palent for each character. This whole "oh good guys have light colors and bad guys have dark colors" excuse is bull. It's not how it is in the game, and even if it was, nobody cares. Nobody needs colors to determine if someone is good or bad, that's what the red/green names are for. Not to mention everyone already knows who is good and who is bad from playing the single player.

If they are willing to change deisng choices on the way guns work, they can change design choices for customization.

His response:

Eric ND said:
I invite you to come in and talk with our art team and designers. It was a VERY deliberate decision. We've been talking more to see what's possible about more colors and if anything comes of it we'll let you know. We really want to make sure the aesthetic of the items remains intact as well as have differentiation between the heroes and villians. It's easy for you guys and gals on the forums to tell hero and villian apart, but if you're new to the game it's a bit more difficult. We'll see what comes of the discussions after we get patch 1.13 out the door.
I just don't understand or get it. Honestly, I don't. The PLAYER arrows alone destroys his entire argument. Only way I can see a counter argument is if someone is using Cloaked, in which "new players" will eventually realize that when there's a player with no player/name arrow, they'll have to shoot them.

It also wouldn't hurt to add in new voices for the villain skins to help further differentiate a custom hero and a villain (hell, use the co-op arena villain samples), but I know that's out of the question at this point in the game.

All we are asking for is more colors for our pre-existing items. Is that really so much to ask for?

It isn't even good for trolling?
> implying you could even troll effectively

hao chi

Member
I've never, ever, ever, ever noticed Villains are supposed to be wearing darker colors. What makes them think a new player would notice that before just realizing to look for the red/green arrows?

TripOpt55

Member
That really is some bullshit. Arrows/names should be enough. I can't imagine new players using clothing color schemes before green/red names/arrows.

iLLmAtlc

Member
I've never noticed that either. Something that throws that right out of the window is the default Flynn skin is a grey practically white shirt.

iLLmAtlc

Member
Quick question, do you have to have played the previous games of Uncharted (1 and 2) in order to understand this game?

Nah they're all kind of separate adventures but you really aren't doing yourself justice without playing the best one in the franchise (and for my money one of the best games this gen) in Uncharted 2. You also obviously won't understand the relationship between the characters which technically isn't central to the plot but it is very important to the Uncharted experience IMO.

Unless there's some huge reasons not to I'd totally recommend playing the first 2 games.

Quick question, do you have to have played the previous games of Uncharted (1 and 2) in order to understand this game?

Considering how good the first two games are, I'd always recommend people play through them sequentially. It's not one of those situations where the first game was medicore (Assassin's Creed), and then the sequels bot better.

The first Uncharted is still a great game today, so I'd start there, and then you've got even better games to look forward to with the sequels.

hao chi

Member
That actually did happen to me at the beginning. >_>

I remember some people had this issue at the beginning of U2 with Heist Flynn and Heist Drake, but I think for that and the Suited Drake and Talbot confusion it's just because the skins look so similar, not because it's a Hero skin wearing dark colors. I've never heard of anyone accidentally shooting at a Nepal Chloe that's wearing all black.

Either way though, people learned pretty fast to just look for the arrows.

jett

D-Member
OH MY GOD. Possible megaton (for me) incoming?

:O

The return of CURSED!

aw shit LOL

That would be fucking amazing. THAT WOULD BE FUCKING AMAZING. ND REDEEMED. TAKE ALL OF MY MONIES.

Oh wait, you already got em. :lol I don't care about cursed, but i'll take the good with the bad.

This is one of those labs that needs be part of regular TDM rotation, it can't just be up for a couple of weeks. It'd be so unfair ;_;

Heh, you're too gullible. Good troll for that forum, but I've seen better. :p

>full party
>travel in a line formation

Easy.

You could also do various glitches with the riot shield and just run around. They wouldn't be able to kill you easily either.

You're on GAF now? Lawd have mercy.

I like to think that I don't suck as bad as my performance has been. There's no way I can shoot someone for so long for them to kill me in a short burst. I need to know WTF is going on. Ever since the game released which coincided with my new tv (which does have input lag) I can't catch a single break. I lose every melee, every hanging/kicking attack garyoldmaneverything.gif. Makes me sick. I know its just a game but I play it when the kid is down after a long day of work and yard work and I get trolled by the game. I'm not slow, I know how to aim, I was very good in the beta. WTF!? I apologize for always ranting here but the game was supposed to be my unwinding time but it binds me up so I rant the only place I won't wake my son/piss off my wife... Here.

So if Hunter's Club pass is over, why not make a season 2, Arne.. why waste time telling us it is over and get started on allowing us to save money on the new one?

unless you just wanted the consumers money..

EDIT: by my last comment, I also meant by destroying the fan's support.

Toppot

Member
So if Hunter's Club pass is over, why not make a season 2, Arne.. why waste time telling us it is over and get started on allowing us to save money on the new one?

unless you just wanted the consumers money..
At the end of a day they are a business, of course they wanted consumer money. The Club was designed to make more money through buying it then projected they would make selling DLC just separately based on UC2 DLC sales. I doubt they will be bringing out enough new content to make another season pass, unless they pad it out again with old skins and avatars.

I'd assume it did well enough, or have learnt enough, to mean their future games will have a season pass and be more successful financially than just selling DLC separately. I won't be buying blindly into another season pass again that's for sure.

So if Hunter's Club pass is over, why not make a season 2, Arne.. why waste time telling us it is over and get started on allowing us to save money on the new one?

unless you just wanted the consumers money..
Ah ah ah
if they have plan to make another set of map/modes then why not ?

But no buy unless more co-op maps for me...

Mikey Jr.

Member
I like to think that I don't suck as bad as my performance has been. There's no way I can shoot someone for so long for them to kill me in a short burst. I need to know WTF is going on. Ever since the game released which coincided with my new tv (which does have input lag) I can't catch a single break. I lose every melee, every hanging/kicking attack garyoldmaneverything.gif. Makes me sick. I know its just a game but I play it when the kid is down after a long day of work and yard work and I get trolled by the game. I'm not slow, I know how to aim, I was very good in the beta. WTF!? I apologize for always ranting here but the game was supposed to be my unwinding time but it binds me up so I rant the only place I won't wake my son/piss off my wife... Here.

Video of what is happening would be nice.

iLLmAtlc

Member
I like to think that I don't suck as bad as my performance has been. There's no way I can shoot someone for so long for them to kill me in a short burst. I need to know WTF is going on. Ever since the game released which coincided with my new tv (which does have input lag) I can't catch a single break. I lose every melee, every hanging/kicking attack garyoldmaneverything.gif. Makes me sick. I know its just a game but I play it when the kid is down after a long day of work and yard work and I get trolled by the game. I'm not slow, I know how to aim, I was very good in the beta. WTF!? I apologize for always ranting here but the game was supposed to be my unwinding time but it binds me up so I rant the only place I won't wake my son/piss off my wife... Here.

U3 is not a "wind down" kinda game in my books with all of the super teams you can run into playing alone to suck the fun right out of the game. Personally I haven't played in a few months now and I can't say I miss that shit. I'm like you sometimes I need a game to play after a stressful day and U3 just ends up adding more stress sometimes. Nowadays I could actually wind down playing some sort of single player game.

LuuKyK

Member
I like to think that I don't suck as bad as my performance has been. There's no way I can shoot someone for so long for them to kill me in a short burst. I need to know WTF is going on. Ever since the game released which coincided with my new tv (which does have input lag) I can't catch a single break. I lose every melee, every hanging/kicking attack garyoldmaneverything.gif. Makes me sick. I know its just a game but I play it when the kid is down after a long day of work and yard work and I get trolled by the game. I'm not slow, I know how to aim, I was very good in the beta. WTF!? I apologize for always ranting here but the game was supposed to be my unwinding time but it binds me up so I rant the only place I won't wake my son/piss off my wife... Here.

It happens to me a lot too. It is just that there are a lot of people who play VERY well, so you basically don't stand a chance if your team is average/bad, because these good teams normally play together, so they will never split. I can tell by the start of a game if I am going to score a lot or 0 on a match. That's pretty sad actually. >_>

TripOpt55

Member
I like to think that I don't suck as bad as my performance has been. There's no way I can shoot someone for so long for them to kill me in a short burst. I need to know WTF is going on. Ever since the game released which coincided with my new tv (which does have input lag) I can't catch a single break. I lose every melee, every hanging/kicking attack garyoldmaneverything.gif. Makes me sick. I know its just a game but I play it when the kid is down after a long day of work and yard work and I get trolled by the game. I'm not slow, I know how to aim, I was very good in the beta. WTF!? I apologize for always ranting here but the game was supposed to be my unwinding time but it binds me up so I rant the only place I won't wake my son/piss off my wife... Here.

I assume you have messed with different settings on your TV to try and minimize the lag? I know when I got my new one, I was like, "What the fuck is going on?!?" until I figured out what mode to put it in.

I'd also agree with illmatic. This game's multiplayer just doesn't feel like a wind down type of game. Personally they just went so far away from what I liked about 2's multiplayer, this game just sort of fell out of favor with me. If I enjoyed it at its core more, I think I'd have more tolerance for some of the cheap stuff I run into, but as it stands I really don't have the patience for it.

Xdye7

Member
Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but it was actually Fadi (he's a pretty smart troll).

He found a way to change his PSN ID (Japanese account) and he trolled the community... it has happened before in the old ND forums, when he was imitating Arne.

He's a pretty smart troll if the victims are from the NDF...

Eric-ND's writing/typing style isn't even remotely close to what Fadi posted.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I share all your sentiments in regards to this game not being that fun when you are playing alone.

Most of the time you'll be frustrated and pissed because the way the game balances teams is just bullshit. You'll get shit like this:

The 2 split-screeners just had to be in my team while the rest of the other randoms get placed on one team.

If it's not due to shitty balancing, it's due to facing off against parties. They are those rare occasions when your team of randoms beats a party of 5 in TDM/Team Objective/Plunder/etc and it feels so good. Just the other day, in TDM...I had nothing but randoms in my team against a party of 5 (or 4, don't remember) that had 2 and up KDR's each. My randoms weren't good and throughout the whole match I kept thinking I was going to lose and honestly...it was such a heated match for me because I was the one getting all the kills while my team mates were dying over and over. Some people on my team quit that had 1 kill and 7 deaths and I kept thinking I was going to lose. To make it short, the match ended like this:

Felt so good, man. :)

------------

AMAZING games tonight, GS2 and Monochrome. That final Plunder match..god damn. GOD FUCKING DAMN. 3 (us) vs. a party of 5 fucking players that had over 1k captures each. We got our fucking rematch and beat the shit out of them. and it's the same party we beat the other day 5-0. they talked so much shit. :lol

I have a video, just hesitant on uploading because you can hear my nose whistling haha. Keep in mind that my allergies kicked in because I cut down/tore out some shrubs in my yard.

Edit: I'll film it again tonight with commentary.

I like to think that I don't suck as bad as my performance has been. There's no way I can shoot someone for so long for them to kill me in a short burst. I need to know WTF is going on. Ever since the game released which coincided with my new tv (which does have input lag) I can't catch a single break. I lose every melee, every hanging/kicking attack garyoldmaneverything.gif. Makes me sick. I know its just a game but I play it when the kid is down after a long day of work and yard work and I get trolled by the game. I'm not slow, I know how to aim, I was very good in the beta. WTF!? I apologize for always ranting here but the game was supposed to be my unwinding time but it binds me up so I rant the only place I won't wake my son/piss off my wife... Here.

You'd be surprised how much input lag can affect your play in a game like this. Most people out there have no idea their TV is actually making them play worse.

What kind of TV do you have?

You'd be surprised how much input lag can affect your play in a game like this. Most people out there have no idea their TV is actually making them worse at a game like this.

What kind of TV do you have?
Vizio passive 3d. There is a game mode that minimizes the lag but I don't think its quite as effective as my old Sharp Aquos. I could be looking for excuses but like I said, I don't think I suck as bad as it seems.

Maybe one of you guys could add me and we can get some games in so you can analyze my performance for yourselves.

Vizio passive 3d. There is a game mode that minimizes the lag but I don't think its quite as effective as my old Sharp Aquos. I could be looking for excuses but like I said, I don't think I suck as bad as it seems.

Most of the newer Vizios to have pretty bad input lag. I should know. I used to own one. :p

I got rid of it when I began noticing that something felt "off" when I was playing Call of Duty on that TV, but it felt great when playing it on a much smaller TV in another room in my house. I soon began researching, and that was what opened my eyes to input lag.

I now use a Panasonic LCD that has very low input lag. Around 30ms. Your Vizio probably has at least 75ms, and maybe even 100.

Most of the newer Vizios to have pretty bad input lag. I should know. I used to own one. :p

I got rid of it when I began noticing that something felt "off" when I was playing Call of Duty on that TV, but it felt great when playing it on a much smaller TV in another room in my house. I soon began researching, and that was what opened my eyes to input lag.

I now use a Panasonic LCD that has very low input lag. Around 30ms. Your Vizio probably has at least 75ms, and maybe even 100.

I'll have to try my old tube tv or even play at my dad's who has my Sharp to experiment.

Mikey Jr.

Member
I have a video, just hesitant on uploading because you can hear my nose whistling haha. Keep in mind that my allergies kicked in because I cut down/tore out some shrubs in my yard.

Edit: I'll film it again tonight with commentary.

Would uplaoding a cinema file to youtube get your point across?

Would uplaoding a cinema file to youtube get your point across?
Someone asked. But maybe someone can identify the issue... Input lag may not be apparent but it'd be able show my aim and how targets don't drop. I'm at a loss.

No matter, it still peeves me how I lose every melee battle. Every one. I've seen guys kick downward to kick me off. Last night I try. Nada. Maybe hold down and press square? Still nada. But its cool, during that time, the guy was able to lunge upward and throw me off with a bear hug. Something I never thought possible since... I dunno.... I have tried reaching up and grabbing people off for months only to get kicked off. WTH? Special unlock?

Top Bottom