• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Mikey Jr.

They never got married. At the end of u2, they wear promise rings. Engagement rings kinda, but not really. Between 2 and 3, things went sour. (Drake most likely not wanting to give up treasure hunting) mind you, its been awhile, but they were never married.

jett

D-Member
They never got married. At the end of u2, they wear promise rings. Engagement rings kinda, but not really. Between 2 and 3, things went sour. (Drake most likely not wanting to give up treasure hunting) mind you, its been awhile, but they were never married.

what are you talking about fool

It's obvious they got married between UC2 and UC3. Promise rings? LOL, do they look like they are 15?

Strike

Were still debating this?
They never got married. At the end of u2, they wear promise rings. Engagement rings kinda, but not really.
I have no idea where (or how) you got that. It is implied that they got married between UC2 and UC3 and were currently separated by the time the events in UC3 took place.
Between 2 and 3, things went sour. (Drake most likely not wanting to give up treasure hunting)
This part is true.

Mikey Jr.

Ok, my bad. I was at work so couldn't go on youtube to see the endings again.

Yeah, they never exchanged rings at the end of U2. I don't know where I got that.

Xdye7

I was finally able to play a few matches after not being able to for a month. Rusty doesn't even describe what I was like (and still am lol).

Anyways, this game is no longer fun for me. I can't believe I'm saying this, beacuse I have had the most fun (Rewrite, Gear2nd, hao chi, and SjShane greatly contributed) in any video game ever before I went on vacation a month ago.

Team Objective feels so bland. It was my favourite mode; unpredictable and chaotic. Like an unorganized heist. Now it's just... bland.

The Riot Shield Lab would be fantastic if this game's mechanics weren't so broken. I'm pretty good at it too; got two Connect Fours in one match and a Fury in another. But, those medals are worth jack when I constantly get blindfired and punched through my riot shield. What's the point of even having it out?

I'll have to give U3 another shot tomorrow. Probably TDM or something similar. Maybe because I hated TDM before, I'll like it now?

Patch 1.13 should spike my interest for this game. August 14th is so far, yet so close...

Oh and another thing, the melee + roll glitch needs to be fixed. It is unbelievably annoying. I'm not sure if I'm thankful or pissed that BIG2KREW posted the tutorial. I'm pissed because melee fights are now just both of you rolling around like idiots, but I'm thankful because now that it's used more, more people will complain about it and ND will finally realize it's broken (not working as intended) and they'll hopefully patch it.

EDIT:

Yeah, they never exchanged rings at the end of U2. I don't know where I got that.

Doesn't Elena give Drake the ring he wears around his neck in U3?

Remember the whole resetting the leaderboards thing? Well:

Thank god.

Awesome.

hao chi

I was finally able to play a few matches after not being able to for a month. Rusty doesn't even describe what I was like (and still am lol).

Anyways, this game is no longer fun for me. I can't believe I'm saying this, beacuse I have had the most fun (Rewrite, Gear2nd, hao chi, and SjShane greatly contributed) in any video game ever before I went on vacation a month ago.

Doesn't Elena give Drake the ring he wears around his neck in U3?

I get bored pretty fast when I play by myself. I was playing solo quite a bit a few months ago after I got the new maps, but I just can't do it anymore.

And that ring is Francis Drake's ring. In UDF Drake left it behind after finding Francis' corpse, but Elena grabbed it and gave it back to Drake at the end.

After not really enjoying this games' MP very much compared to UC2's, I hopped into the hardcore hopper for the first time the other night and I REALLY enjoyed it.

Xdye7

I get bored pretty fast when I play by myself. I was playing solo quite a bit a few months ago after I got the new maps, but I just can't do it anymore.

I'm impressed.

Thanks for the games everyone. You know who you are.

After 1.13 goes live, all shall bow before the Tau. You heard it here first.

Mikey Jr.

Anyone remember in one of their patch notes, they had a .gif of Oasis and it showed it during multiple stages of construction.

Supposedly that was a "hint" of what was supposed to come in one of the patches.

What the fuck was that?

Toppot

Anyone remember in one of their patch notes, they had a .gif of Oasis and it showed it during multiple stages of construction.

Supposedly that was a "hint" of what was supposed to come in one of the patches.

What the fuck was that?
Dunno where it says hint of future, unless its just reference to that level was coming.
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/return_of_the_lab_patch_111_deployed/

2012_05_25_Oasis1_Image.gif

Mikey Jr.

Dunno where it says hint of future, unless its just reference to that level was coming.
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/return_of_the_lab_patch_111_deployed/

"Notice the awesome gif created by one of our Environmental Artists here at Naughty Dog above? It's quick glimpse into the level construction of our Oasis map. It could be a hint about future labs. A second hint? There won't be any map builder coming. Soooooo.....what's your best guess?"

Thanks for the post. For some reason I couldn't find it.

My best guess?

Mirrored map mode for the labs.

Toppot

"Notice the awesome gif created by one of our Environmental Artists here at Naughty Dog above? It's quick glimpse into the level construction of our Oasis map. It could be a hint about future labs. A second hint? There won't be any map builder coming. Soooooo.....what's your best guess?"

My best guess?

Sorry didn't see that xD I'm guessing we get to test rough blocked out levels for future maps. The final 1 or 2 levels we will get for U3.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
That blog posts is probably just referencing the "experimental" maps designed for The Lab. I don't think it means mirrored maps. Just special effects/different times of day/weather changes on the maps we already have.

Team Objective feels so bland. It was my favourite mode; unpredictable and chaotic. Like an unorganized heist. Now it's just... bland.

The Riot Shield Lab would be fantastic if this game's mechanics weren't so broken. I'm pretty good at it too; got two Connect Fours in one match and a Fury in another. But, those medals are worth jack when I constantly get blindfired and punched through my riot shield. What's the point of even having it out?

I'll have to give U3 another shot tomorrow. Probably TDM or something similar. Maybe because I hated TDM before, I'll like it now?

Patch 1.13 should spike my interest for this game. August 14th is so far, yet so close...

That's how I felt playing the day before. It felt really boring so I left. Last night, it felt fun playing. Probably because we had the whole gang back. I'd be open to playing TDM with you all if you guys want something to change the pace.

Like we said last night, buy the maps. I played the crap out of U2 too, but I still love the maps.

Xdye7

That's how I felt playing the day before. It felt really boring so I left. Last night, it felt fun playing. Probably because we had the whole gang back. I'd be open to playing TDM with you all if you guys want something to change the pace.

It's only with Uncharted 3, too. I can have a blast playing solo in every other game, including Uncharted 2.

I would be OK with TDM. Those few 3TDM matches we squeezed in were also fun. It's unbelievable how seriously some people take this game.

Like we said last night, buy the maps. I played the crap out of U2 too, but I still love the maps.

No. They are ridiculously overpriced. 10 dollars for 4 maps? 30 for 12? Come on. It should be 15 tops for all of the maps.

I'm sure the maps are fun, but they really are overpriced.

Also:

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post...death_match_riot_shields_arm_micros_and_gren/

Read the part about the DLC fix:

Right now we set Flashback map pack 2 as the priority for DLC maps so here's a breakdown of what you should be seeing when you play:

I have "___" Installed Toggle On Toggle Off
No DLC Default Default
FBMP 1 Only Default Default
FBMP 2 Only DLC Default
UC3DDMP Only Default Default
FBMP1 & 2 DLC Default
FBMP 1 & 2 & DDMP DLC Default
FBMP 1 & DDMP Default Default
FBMP 2 & DDMP DLC Default

It's exactly like the old configuragtion, except now you need FBMP2 instead of the DDMP in order to be put into the DLC pool.

So instead of people who only bought the FBMP's being screwed, now it's the people who only bought the DDMP.

EDIT:

I don't know how to get the "chart" to work, so just click the link.

hao chi

It's only with Uncharted 3, too. I can have a blast playing solo in every other game, including Uncharted 2.

This happens to me in any multiplayer game. If I play by myself for too long, regardless of how much I like the game, I will get bored. I wasn't even playing Uncharted 2 solo after a while.

Rikyfree

My best guess?

So you can't build a map.... What about editing one?

hao chi

It's so much fun not being able to find a match with DLC on.

ND, I'm pretty sure just about anyone that would buy the DLC has already bought it. Just do the people who actually spent money on it a favor and make it free.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yeah...it was ridiculous how long we waited in matchmaking searching for games yesterday night. Fucking 10 minutes searching in Team Obj, and Plunder...for nothing. The thing is that I know for a fact that I'd join an ongoing game right away if I was a lone wolf...but since we're partied up, it takes forever.

Honestly, I don't think anyone would be pissed if the maps were given for free. Anything to increase the dead DLC pool would be the best for the community. Not to mention that the lag would decrease.

Hopefully more people will join the DLC pool in a couple of weeks to hunt trophies.

Sony won't miss the opportunity to make more money by selling more DLC... that's for sure.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Well, this is probably the worst lag I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvd5rKAkCQ0
:lol Holy shit.

Me, haochi, Code, and GS2 have had games in Team Objective where we've faced against people from Norway I think, that have lagged the hardest and they had Revenge equipped. It was the most hilarious and frustrating match ever because we wouldn't even be near their bodies, and we'd die from their Revenge grenades.

:lol Holy shit.

Me, haochi, Code, and GS2 have had games in Team Objective where we've faced against people from Norway I think, that have lagged the hardest and they had Revenge equipped. It was the most hilarious and frustrating match ever because we wouldn't even be near their bodies, and we'd die from their Revenge grenades.

Remember those split-screening Germans (Yemen - TO)? Super lag-tastic Revenge grenades. I fucking hate Revenge so much.

Gorillaz

I know I havn't posted in here (mostly lurked) but anytime You guys hop on Uncharted 3 im up for it. Lately I feel it's rougher to run solo then before idk. Getting terrible teammates.

PSN:EboyWasHere

Xdye7

Split screen splits all resources in half, meaning the minimum required upload (120kbps) is also split between the two players.

Split screen splits all resources in half, meaning the minimum required upload (120kbps) is also split between the two players.
It doesn't work like that networking-wise. Only the graphics' resources are split in half in 3D/splitscreen: www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-uncharted-3-beta-tech-analysis?page=2

If the minimum required upload is 120 Kbps for each player, then you need at least 120 x 2 = 240 Kbps to play splitscreen with zero packet loss.

If you are the host in a 10-player mode, then you need 120 x 9 = 1080 Kbps.

Also, voice chat increases bandwidth usage. The host does NOT transfer VoIP packets.

ps: I haven't done any measurements, so I don't know where that 120 Kbps comes from. I just used it as an example.

I have a friend who has 6 consoles and he is a Linux expert, so he can probably do some measurements, bandwidth and latency-wise...

Xdye7

Some guy measured when the disconnect symbol appears (around 118kbps).

The 120 is definitely shared among the players. Why wouldn't it be?

Why would you share such a small amount of bandwidth? Do you think that the host shares 120 Kbps only?! It would be an idiotic netcode design if they did that.

Unless you have an ancient ADSL1 connection (256 Kbps download / 128 Kbps upload) of course... that's quite rare these days.

ps: Was it drakestefani who posted that? He probably measured the bandwidth usage when he was playing by himself and he wasn't hosting the match.

Toppot

I play with an upload of 0.72mbps speed (72kbps actual upload speed) and I don't have a constant disconnect symbol (I get it appear on screen rarely like once for 2 seconeds every few days, so I dunno how what you are saying could be true.

Unless you are saying the host of a game must have 120kbps.

Or maybe I'm just talking out my arse xD

EDIT: Corrected myself, but yes did make a mistake, sorry tapantaola.

I play with an upload of 0.72Mbps and I don't have a constant disconnect symbol (I get it appear on screen rarely like once for 2 seconeds every few days, so I dunno how what you are saying could be true.

Unless you are saying the host of a game must have 120kbps.
Fixed.

That's 0.72 x 1024 = 737 Kbps.

It would be impossible to play with 72 Kbps only.

Mikey Jr.

Eric said that after the patch hits, they will start talking about events because the patch will guide the events or something. Im on my phone, cant qoute him.

Xdye7

Why would you share such a small amount of bandwidth? Do you think that the host shares 120 Kbps only?! It would be an idiotic netcode design if they did that.

ps: Was it drakestefani who posted that? He probably measured the bandwidth usage when he was playing by himself and he wasn't hosting the match.

It's ND we're talking about here...

No.

Toppot

I swear this game is trolling me... >.>

2lZDI.png

Yes to be fair getting 3 treasures in a hardcore match is great (Only got 12 kills) let alone them all being treasure, but I want the Emerald Chimera!

Harcore Treasures roughly after 2 weeks playing few hours everyday:
Lion Emerald 10+
Lion Ruby 5+
Lion Nepal 2

Inca Vessel Jade 15+
Inca Vessel Ruby 2

Sea Dragon Pendant Gold 15+
Yamantaka Head 10+
Chimera Emerald 0! Zero! Nil! Nothing! Ziltch! Never!

Snuff Box Silver 10+
Snuff Box Gold 1

Just Cash 40+

Missed Treasure 8-10 ='[

I'm hoping because I'm bitching about it that I will get it soon xd

Xdye7

I've gotten way more of each treasure, played way longer, and I still don't have a single rare treasure.

Taking into account how quickly you've gotten the other treasures, you should get the emerald chimera soon.

Toppot

I've gotten way more of each treasure, played way longer, and I still don't have a single rare treasure.

Taking into account how quickly you've gotten the other treasures, you should get the emerald chimera soon.
I hope so. I also hope you get some rares, you sound well overdue them all

Looks like we'll get some more patch info tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/232572124529823744
Since IGN is involved sounds like new maps/modes/system, something major anyway. Very exciting, can't wait!

I swear this game is trolling me... >.>

Yes to be fair getting 3 treasures in a hardcore match is great (Only got 12 kills) let alone them all being treasure, but I want the Emerald Chimera!

The game trolls me too by giving me Just Cash in Plunder with Treasure Hunter Gold on. Every damn drop is a JC now. I wouldn't mind getting a JC if it just gave me the first treasure for Flynn's M9 (and I also need Sully's Dragon badly... damn base Sniper). >_> So I'm just leveling up Back in the Saddle until I get it to Gold. Hopefully something comes out of the chest.

Hopefully, you get your treasures in time for 1.13. I'm gonna wait till 1.13 to see how I'll be able to recover my lost weapons and accessories.

Looks like we'll get some more patch info tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/232572124529823744

I can't wait to hear more about it. Hope something good comes out of the new treasure system.

Toppot

The game trolls me too by giving me Just Cash in Plunder with Treasure Hunter Gold on. Every damn drop is a JC now. I wouldn't mind getting a JC if it just gave me the first treasure for Flynn's M9 (and I also need Sully's Dragon badly... damn base Sniper). >_> So I'm just leveling up Back in the Saddle until I get it to Gold. Hopefully something comes out of the chest.

Hopefully, you get your treasures in time for 1.13. I'm gonna wait till 1.13 to see how I'll be able to recover my lost weapons and accessories.

I can't wait to hear more about it. Hope something good comes out of the new treasure system.
Just Cash is just such a kick in the teeth every time. No one wants it, even if you are leveling its better to share a duplicate treasure on FB and get a friend to click on it.

I'd like to get it before patch, then after, as it stands, all i have to get is co-op Arena Treasures.

Theres going to be a new Treasure system?? o_O hope it makes getting the rarer ones easier.

Just Cash is just such a kick in the teeth every time. No one wants it, even if you are leveling its better to share a duplicate treasure on FB and get a friend to click on it.

I'd like to get it before patch, then after, as it stands, all i have to get is co-op Arena Treasures.

Theres going to be a new Treasure system?? o_O hope it makes getting the rarer ones easier.

Exactly. I either get Just Cash or the Jade Chimera (from Lazarevic's KAL set) all the time. Yeah, they said there would be an easier way to get treasures in 1.13.

Top Bottom