• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I loved your first reply before you edited it, Mikey. :lol :lol

Can't wait for the patch notes tomorrow. Should be sweet. Don't be too shocked about the IGN thing, since they did the same thing with the beta.

Anyway,

I had the most epic rematch EVER in Team Objective. It was me, code, SjShane (ND forum poster) and GS2 against a party of four who had ridiculous good stats in The Village. First objective comes up and it's chain reaction. We lose that one and Treasure Hunter comes up. We manage to beat them in that round so it was 1-1. Deathmatch came out and we lost. 2-1. Final objective was Turf War and we got fucking destroyed so badly. We didn't capture a single turf at ALL because they were just too good at defending/preventing us from capturing it. Needless to say, we lost the match. Match is over and I'm expecting the other party to leave matchmaking, but they didn't. So I figured, REMATCH time bitches! The selected map: Airstrip. We beat them 3-0. We did not let them win a single objective. Those two matches were truly one of the best, most intense Team Objective matches I've had in a very long time. I get sent a message from one of the guys in the other team and I figured it'd be trash talk, but to my surprise it said, "Great games, man" and that shit brought a smile to my face. Guy was a good sport about it and I thanked him for providing me with one of the most intense matches I've had. Good sportsmanship FTW.

eloestmn

Those two matches were truly one of the best, most intense Team Objective matches I've had in a very long time. I get sent a message from one of the guys in the other team and I figured it'd be trash talk, but to my surprise it said, "Great games, man" and that shit brought a smile to my face. Guy was a good sport about it and I thanked him for providing me with one of the most intense matches I've had. Good sportsmanship FTW.

Even with its faults, that right there is one of the reasons the multi in this game kicks so much ass.

Xdye7

Can't wait for the patch notes tomorrow. Should be sweet. Don't be too shocked about the IGN thing, since they did the same thing with the beta.

Anyway,

I had the most epic rematch EVER in Team Objective. It was me, code, SjShane (ND forum poster) and GS2 against a party of four who had ridiculous good stats in The Village. First objective comes up and it's chain reaction. We lose that one and Treasure Hunter comes up. We manage to beat them in that round so it was 1-1. Deathmatch came out and we lost. 2-1. Final objective was Turf War and we got fucking destroyed so badly. We didn't capture a single turf at ALL because they were just too good at defending/preventing us from capturing it. Needless to say, we lost the match. Match is over and I'm expecting the other party to leave matchmaking, but they didn't. So I figured, REMATCH time bitches! The selected map: Airstrip. We beat them 3-0. We did not let them win a single objective. Those two matches were truly one of the best, most intense Team Objective matches I've had in a very long time. I get sent a message from one of the guys in the other team and I figured it'd be trash talk, but to my surprise it said, "Great games, man" and that shit brought a smile to my face. Guy was a good sport about it and I thanked him for providing me with one of the most intense matches I've had. Good sportsmanship FTW.

If I was playing with you guys, you would have won the first game also causing them to back out in matchmaking after.

Just kidding I'm not stupid enough to buy the outrageously priced (not to mention 66% recycled) DLC maps.

Player names?

Toppot

Uncharted 3's Tournament Mode, New DLC
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/uncharted-3s-tournament-mode-new-dlc

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/07/uncharted-3s-biggest-patch-ever-detailed/

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/patch_113_notes_the_full_rundown/

COMING TODAY!

NEW FEATURES

• 137 brand new custom parts among all skins
  • New Custom parts for every UNCHARTED character skin (75 total items)
  • 2 brand new character skins (Spyder and Djinn skin)
  • 25 new emblem parts
  • 11 new taunts for purchase in the PS Store
  • 25 new treasures sets, 50 new treasures to accompany the new head gear with stats (2 treasures per set per head gear)
  • 27 Custom Hero/Villain head gear with stats
  • New Cowboy items (2 full sets for Custom Heroes and 2 full sets for Custom Villains [torso, head, arms, legs and feet] for a total of 20 new parts)
  • Jak Goggles for every character (available for purchase only)
  • 10 trade show shirts for Custom Heroes/Villains (5 unique shirts for each) now available for purchase
  • 4 trade show long guns and 4 trade show pistols now available for purchase
  • The Last Of Us Shirts (Both FREE!, 1 for Custom Hero and 1 for Custom Villain, different color scheme for each)
  • Make.Believe skin, parts & taunts (all of the Make.Believe content is FREE!)
  • 1 Make.Believe Skin (Spyder)
  • 6 New Taunts
  • Custom M9
  • 1 New Custom Torso Item
  • 1 New Custom Head item
  • 1 New Custom Legs item
  • 1 New Custom Feet item
  • All new Make.Believe character parts are also available for the Custom Hero & Villain
  • The option to buy and use new or currently in-game items without having to reach the level requirement
  • Experimental Block Mesh Lab Maps
  • 50 New Trophies
  • 10 per DLC pack (3 Silver, 7 bronze per pack)
  • Must own the DLC pack to earn progression
  • User does not earn trophies based on previous activities
  • Tournament System
  • New Ticketing system. User gets 10 free tickets at the start of each tournament
  • New Tournament occurs on 1 week cycle
  • Bronze tier earns Gold AK, Gold G-MAL, Gold M9 (prizes are unlocked for the entire duration of the next tournament cycle)
  • Silver Tier unlocks Shade Jacket and Shade Armor (prizes are unlocked for the entire duration of the next tournament cycle)
  • Gold Tier unlocks Shade Clown Mask, Shade Skull Mask, Shade Glasses (prizes are unlocked for the entire duration of the next tournament cycle)
  • Leaderboard integration
  • Special long Term Prize (Djinn Skin for getting 6 Gold Tiers is unlocked permanently)
  • 2 New Legacy levels (Legacy 4 and Legacy 5) with an increased Cash requirement to complete
  • New Legacy items to unlock
  • Highwayman Mask unlocks at Legacy 4
  • Lucha Mask unlocks at Legacy 5
  • 5 Emblem Parts unlock at Legacy 5 (Two Skulls, Demon, Mad Scientist, Shade Skull, Super Skull)
  • Legacy 5 Level 75 unlocks new versions of the 4 clown masks, now with stats
  • New level badges
  • Sniper-Pistole TDM gametype has been added to the Advanced Game Settings

GAMEPLAY CHANGES

• Increased recoil has been added to the G-MAL
  • Deathmatch will now appear in round 5 instead of round 3 in Team Objective game modes
  • Quitting out of Co-op will no longer count as a Competitive loss when signing-out/disconnecting
  • Lab games no longer count towards the Leaderboard
  • Death from Above medal now requires the player to be at least 2 meters off the ground
  • Players can earn more than 1 “Here, Hold This Medal” in a match
  • A collection of trophies have been added for each DLC pack available (50 total new trophies)
  • The TAU Sniper Pistol has been tuned so the rate of fire is up 30% and you pick 6 instead of 3 bullets upon collecting new ammo now
  • The M9 blindfire accuracy has been reduced by 10% efficiency
  • Cloaked level 3 is now immune to the effects of Disruption (it wasn’t working properly so we fixed it)
  • Marked Men now migrates properly to another player if the marked man drops form the game
  • Gunfire is no longer silent when using the shield
  • Teleporting with Smoke Bomb while holding the Idol is no longer possible
  • An issue with the shield that allowed players to remotely control the turret has been fixed
More updates coming and even more in future if community stays active!

I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED! AHHH!!

Patch Notes Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=repl8DpRvZo

DLC Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xBBAs6NCVOU

Tournament DLC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZuMDOiZnT_g

Mikey Jr.

I didn't want to be a dick.

I hope there is a way to BUY the guns though. By buy I don't mean like DLC, but purchase them with U3 dollars. Like, Talbots Fal-SS for a million or something like that.

I will never get the hardcore treasures, I will never get co-op hunter treasures, and I will never get the co-op skins.

Too much grinding. I hate grinding, especially if it is playing something I despise.

Mikey Jr.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/07/uncharted-3s-biggest-patch-ever-detailed/

• Tournament Mode where you have limited chances a week to enter and win points to rank high
  • 137 Items as DLC, some old and some new, can still earn via Treasure sets
  • New items have stat boots and cons
  • 50 new Trophies
  • Lab getting basic mesh maps to play on
More updates coming and even more in future if community stays active

THIS IS IT!!111

I AM READING IT NOW!!!

LuuKyK

COMING TODAY!

• Tournament Mode where you have limited chances a week to enter and win points to rank high
  • 137 Items as DLC, some old and some new, can still earn via Treasure sets
  • New items have stat boots and cons
  • New emblems and other level based unlocks
  • 50 new Trophies
  • Lab getting basic mesh maps to play on
  • 2 new Legacy levels
  • Some items are buy only like Jak goggles
More updates coming and even more in future if community stays active

DzNoJ.gif

Interesting. Very interesting.

Mikey Jr.

Ok, so....

Tournament Mode: Each game you play with a tourney point gets you points towards a global score in the end. If someone purchases 250 tickets and plays all 250 within a week, they will be at the top for sure? How can someone with 10 points compete with someone who has 250?

Toppot

Updated post with better ND list. I'm gonna be playing this game so fing hard all summer now!

hqjzq.gif

Have to say I am a bit peeved that you can just buy pretty much everything (Like Skelzor skin) on the cheap when I spent hours and hours earning it =/ devalues my efforts.

Ok, so....

Tournament Mode: Each game you play with a tourney point gets you points towards a global score in the end. If someone purchases 250 tickets and plays all 250 within a week, they will be at the top for sure? How can someone with 10 points compete with someone who has 250?
You have to get so many points a week, not rank globally i believe, watch the Tournament video. For example 20,000+ point in a week is gold tier and you get special items to use for the whole of the next week.

Please mother of god someone tell me they didn't forget about the aim assist shit they talked about.

PLEASE let that just be a negligible feature they didn't expound on....

Mikey Jr.

Updated post with better ND list. I'm gonna be playing this game so fing hard all summer now!

hqjzq.gif

Have to say I am a bit peeved that you can just buy pretty much everything (Like Skelzor skin) on the cheap when I spent hours and hours earning it =/ devalues my efforts.

You have to get so many points a week, not rank globally i believe, watch the Tournament video. For example 20,000+ point in a week is gold tier and you get special items to use for the whole of the next week.

Ohh, ok. I thought it was like top 10% of people or something get gold tier. Hopefully getting to gold tier with 10 tickets should be enough.

Mikey Jr.

Patch 1.13 WILL BE AVAILABLE TODAY, AUGUST 7, 2012!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Godzilla is here! Patch 1.13 will be deployed today. The Tournament System, new DLC, experimental block mesh maps and more will be debuting as Uncharted 3 mutliplayer support continues. "

Toppot

Ohh, ok. I thought it was like top 10% of people or something get gold tier. Hopefully getting to gold tier with 10 tickets should be enough.
If you are quite a good player I should imagine it is. but I reackon scores are calculated in such a way that a lot of people will be encouraged to buy tickets to get to gold. If you get gold tier for 6 weeks then you permanently unlock the Dijin Skeleton skin, that looks very cool.

I now have 2 of all the rare treasures in Hardcore, except not 1 Emerald Chimera -_-

Mikey Jr.

If you are quite a good player I should imagine it is. but I reackon scores are calculated in such a way that a lot of people will be encouraged to buy tickets to get to gold. If you get gold tier for 6 weeks then you permanently unlock the Dijin Skeleton skin, that looks very cool.

Well, guess I won't be going legacy for 6 weeks, haha.

Need my 75x3 character to make sure I get gold in all 6 weeks. I think my K/D is like 1.7 or something like that. Hopefully thats enough.

Darkatomz

OH MY GOD.

I haven't even played the newer maps yet. Now I wish I didn't drop this game so early. The only real shame is how long it took for these fixes and additions to come.

Uncharted 3-GAF, ASSEMBLE!

Toppot

Patch 1.13 WILL BE AVAILABLE TODAY, AUGUST 7, 2012!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Godzilla is here! Patch 1.13 will be deployed today. The Tournament System, new DLC, experimental block mesh maps and more will be debuting as Uncharted 3 mutliplayer support continues. "

Are you ready to par-tey?

Well, guess I won't be going legacy for 6 weeks, haha.

Need my 75x3 character to make sure I get gold in all 6 weeks. I think my K/D is like 1.7 or something like that. Hopefully thats enough.

I'm gonna striaght up work through the legacy, get it done and out the way, then time can be more effectively used on treasures, weapons, leveling up boosters.

OH MY GOD.

I haven't even played the newer maps yet. Now I wish I didn't drop this game so early. The only real shame is how long it took for these fixes and additions to come.

Uncharted 3-GAF, ASSEMBLE!
Gonna be a great time to jump back on, DLC maps are cool. Assembling

The first thing I do when I boot up the patch is hop online and see if the aim assist was reduced. If not I will go into a rage that will not be pretty.

Xdye7

I didn't want to be a dick.

You can be a dick to me. I want to read what you said.

Anyways, patch sounds great and all but... the treasure "fix" was just being able to buy them on the PS store? They better be less than 25 cents each. 10 cents would be nice.

inb4 0.99 per unlock

Toppot

Anyways, patch sounds great and all but... the treasure "fix" was just being able to buy them on the PS store? They better be less than 25 cents each. 10 cents would be nice.

inb4 0.99 per unlock
I hope they cost like $3 for the rarer stuff. and i hope it just gives you the item, rather than giving you the treasures. You should have to earn treasures to complete sets like normal.

Mikey Jr.

inb4 0.99 per unlock

My original post was along the lines of

"No offense dude, but 100 hours is a MASSIVE waste of time. I can't imagine playing over 100 hours of something I hated, just to get some stupid fucking gun."

It was something along those lines. I sounded like a dick and really shouldn't be criticizing how people spend their time.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Nice details to the patch.

But there was no mention of the strong aim assists in these weapons. :(

New taunts look incredible, and I think in the video they said they fixed the Marked Man glitch in Team Objective!

As far as the customization goes, I'm so bummed that we can't even combine two items. Why do the new customization items have "perks" attached to them? Can someone explain that? Figured it out.

Nice details to the patch.

But there was no mention of the strong aim assists in these weapons. :(

New taunts look incredible, and I think in the video they said they fixed the Marked Man glitch in Team Objective!

As far as the customization goes, I'm so bummed that we can't even combine two items. Why do the new customization items have "perks" attached to them? Can someone explain that? Figured it out.

I think the aim assist is fixed because I could've sworn it felt better. I also picked up a sniper during a match and the enemy was up close and I swore it didn't really slow down.

Holy shit this patch feels like a brand new freaking game. I feel like the game came out today. This gonna hold me over until Halo 4, PASBR and whatever.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You should test it with the Dragon Sniper and aim at a target that's moving/sprinting. That's where you'll notice it the most. The cursor will move too slow that it's impossible for your reticule to catch up to them. Or try the G-MAL with accuracy.

I legacy'd so I have to reunlock them.

Also I can't wait to unlock all these skins they really added a BUNCH of new stuff to the heroes.

I'm still a little bummed out that the colors are the same for existing clothes but w/e at least I can wear baseball cap with redshirt drake.

You should test it with the Dragon Sniper and aim at a target that's moving/sprinting. That's where you'll notice it the most. The cursor will move too slow that it's impossible for your reticule to catch up to them. Or try the G-MAL with accuracy.

Scratch that. They didn't fix the aim assist.
I just went into a custom game with a friend and the reticule still slowed down with the tbolt, gmal and pistol. I'm really bummed out.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Adding to that, in response to this question:

Is there also a reason why the Aim Assist fixes weren't mentioned in the notes?

EricND said:
Ha. Keep pushing...they didn't happen this patch.

Bummer, yo. :\

Xdye7

My original post was along the lines of

"No offense dude, but 100 hours is a MASSIVE waste of time. I can't imagine playing over 100 hours of something I hated, just to get some stupid fucking gun."

It was something along those lines. I sounded like a dick and really shouldn't be criticizing how people spend their time.

I didn't hate it (in fact I had tons of fun, the guns were merely a side achievement), I just got bored. Every game started to feel like deja vu. Now I hate it, which is why I don't play it anymore.

To put this into perspective, this was over the course of nearly 3 months. 4 days of playtime isn't much at all. I have 13 days total put into this game. Rewrite has more than 3x that. So what?

You have played this game for more than 100 hours. Was it a MASSIVE waste of time?

Mikey Jr.

If that 100 hours was on co-op hunter, my most hated mode, so that I could get a monocle for Drake, then yeah, I would consider it a waste of time.

Thats why I edited it anyways. Maybe you liked Hardcore.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Reading the ND forums, people are reporting that Spyder's M9 is available at level 1 and you can use any mods on it. So this means level 1 people can use ROF.

Fuck ROF.

NERF that shit to oblivion.

Mikey Jr.

Fuck, I want to focus on this game, but I really have to finish Skyrim. I thought I had a week till the patch came out.

DAMN YOU ND!!!

Gonna have to put this game on the back burner.

Toppot

Played a couple of hours and its nice to level up again, picked up a lot of treasure but no new ones. So many noobs on now, they make for bad team mates -_- and I have like 4-6 more Hardcore treasures to get now aswell. All the new treasure was added to the competitive game types and Elimination now has its own treasures rather than getting Team Deathmatch treasures.

I also personally dislike the added recoil to GMAL, it was necessary, but I still dislike it =P

Fuck, I want to focus on this game, but I really have to finish Skyrim. I thought I had a week till the patch came out.

DAMN YOU ND!!!

Gonna have to put this game on the back burner.
Well they were aimming for next week, but I guess it passed QA with less issues than expected. The tournament wont start till 14th anyway when the DLC is up and people can buy more tickets.

Top Bottom