• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Mikey Jr.

Well they were aimming for next week, but I guess it passed QA with less issues than expected. The tournament wont start till 14th anyway when the DLC is up and people can buy more tickets.

Yeah, I'll hop on next Tuesday.

Also, maybe its just me, but have they added more "missions"? Seems like there are much more.

Some cool things in this patch. So I can buy treasure sets with real cash? I'll buy the Hardcore treasures and earn the rest. And if I ever get reset again, I can just redownload them and have them there.

My god, the ROF on the M9 needs to go (or give it an increased recoil). Played some Objective matches and ROF ahoy! I don't understand why the new items have stats in them. I think it's going to break the game. I can see the Headshot stat item bringing back the FAL epidemic.

Toppot

Seems I was wrong, I now have my 10 free tokens, tornament on!

Yeah, I'll hop on next Tuesday.

Also, maybe its just me, but have they added more "missions"? Seems like there are much more.
I think they have, there seems to be a lot more than I remember.

okay...why are my previously unlocked characters appear locked when I started the 4th legacy?
I dunno why, mine are to. Must be a bug.

hao chi

Legacy 5 Level 75 unlocks new versions of the 4 clown masks, now with stats

The fuck?

Hopefully that's not as bad as it sounds...

I'll probably try the patch out later tonight. Disappointed to hear they didn't adjust the aim-assist though.

Edit:

My god, the ROF on the M9 needs to go (or give it an increased recoil). Played some Objective matches and ROF ahoy! I don't understand why the new items have stats in them. I think it's going to break the game. I can see the Headshot stat item bringing back the FAL epidemic.

So do all the new items have stats? Really not liking the idea of adding so many more variables to the game; they've had enough trouble balancing what we have now (and still have some work to do).

Toppot

So do all the new items have stats? Really not liking the idea of adding so many more variables to the game; they've had enough trouble balancing what we have now (and still have some work to do).
Just most/all the new head items. They have a plus and minus to something each. Will require tweaks I'm sure but nothing major hopefully, have to see how it plays out.

Xdye7

If that 100 hours was on co-op hunter, my most hated mode, so that I could get a monocle for Drake, then yeah, I would consider it a waste of time.

Thats why I edited it anyways. Maybe you liked Hardcore.

You can't get Drake's Monocole in Hunter, so yes that truly would be a waste of time... lol

I did like Hardcore.

---

First impressions on the patch:

+New clothing items
+New hats/headgear (TF2, anyone?)
+M9 nerf
+G-MAL nerf
+Tau buff (Feels good man)
+Team Objective fixes
+Taunts (Thrust can finally die)
+Party hats for doughnut characters look rad
+Cutter got the best looking new headgear

-ROF
-ROF
-ROF
-No treasure fixes
-No aim assist reduction on scoped weapons
-Lazarevic's hair looks disgusting (not sure what the other DLC characters got, as I only have a handful)

So yeah, the only really important thing left to take care of is ROF. I think the "buy the item instead of getting the treasures" only applies to the new things added. The aim assist fix is for sure going to be in the next patch, so we don't need to worry about that. Also, the ROF mod on the Tau still doesn't work, not that it needs to anymore :D

I'm also sure there will be some balancing done with the headgear abilities once people unlock them (stacking with real boosters, etc). Just off the top of my head, the one with +25% headshot damage seems the best especially since the negative is less blindfire accuracy which is sort of irrelevant because the user will probably going be for headshots while aiming.

I'm currently going for the new Camo Cap which gives Call Out (don't remember what the negative is). It's going to be awesome with:

Jade M9
Marlowe's M9
Reload/Clip AK's
Navarro's AK
Rameses' KAL-7
Draza's Dragon
Lazarevic's FAL-SS
Eddy's FAL-SS

Oh and in response to the whole M9 level 1 thing:

whoever wrote the patch notes said:
The option to buy and use new or currently in-game items without having to reach the level requirement

It sounds like it was intended.

First impressions on the patch:

+New clothing items
+New hats/headgear (TF2, anyone?)
+M9 nerf
+G-MAL nerf
+Tau buff (Feels good man)
+Team Objective fixes
+Taunts (Thrust can finally die)
+Party hats for doughnut characters look rad
+Cutter got the best looking new headgear

-ROF
-ROF
-ROF
-No treasure fixes
-No aim assist reduction on scoped weapons
-Lazarevic's hair looks disgusting (not sure what the other DLC characters got, as I only have a handful)

So yeah, the only really important thing left to take care of is ROF. I think the "buy the item instead of getting the treasures" only applies to the new things added. The aim assist fix is for sure going to be in the next patch, so we don't need to worry about that. Also, the ROF mod on the Tau still doesn't work, not that it needs to anymore :D

I'm also sure there will be some balancing done with the headgear abilities once people unlock them (stacking with real boosters, etc). Just off the top of my head, the one with +25% headshot damage seems the best especially since the negative is less blindfire accuracy which is sort of irrelevant because the user will probably going be for headshots while aiming.

TDM in Round 5 sucked. When we were down to the last round in LU, I thought we were gonna lose. It's scary. TDM needs to go and replaced with another mode, or better yet, make it respawn everyone (besides those who had just died, they get to wait) to their respective bases and make TDM 2 minutes long.

And yes, ROF needs to die. They gave the G-MAL recoil, so they need to do something about the ROF mod since people have been complaining for a long time now.

EvangM said:
The aim assist was tweaked for less "stickiness" in close to medium range. This applies to both L1 and scoped-in (L3/R3) mode. This change also applies to the FAL.

Sorry that this was not communicated clearly in the blog updates about Patch 1.13, we dropped the ball guys and gals. Our bad.

-EvangM

I guess that's why I noticed the Gmal felt a little different compared to the other weapons. It is fixed just for the G-mal and FAL. I hope they fix the Tbolt but I mean it's not really a huge issue anymore I did notice it felt better.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why is it not just completely random in Team Objective? If you're going to ripoff Warzone mode, at least do it correctly.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
If you need the ROF mod to get kills with the M9, then you just need to get better with the base M9. It doesn't need the ROF mod at all since it already kills at a decent speed and most of the time, people just blindfire with it anyway which makes it even deadlier in CQC.

Shit needs to be fucking removed or nerfed by adding even more recoil to it to balance it. As it is right now, it's bullshit.

About to download the patch right now. ;)

Darkatomz

Yep, I seem to have forgotten how to play this game. Kind of a pain too, since there are so many people who've been playing this game for a while now.

Pranay

I think you guys strain the definition of 'optimization' sometimes. The reason Uncharted 3 has great 'visuals' is because it is running at upscaled 480p, no AA/AF or other post process elements, and at 30 fps.

upscaled 480p lol

from the pc arms thread

Mikey Jr.

I haven't played much of the patch (or much of U3 in the past few weeks), but what is everyones opinion of the patch so far?

It looks massive which is great. Seems like some systems are still waiting to come online, ie tournament, block maps, microtransactions. Its obvious that the patch was supposed to come out next week, but I guess ND got giddy and decided to release it early. No complaints from me.

I'm going to jump back in on Aug 14th. Still have some stuff to clear up, and by that time, a lot of the systems should be functional.

I am kinda pumped about the experimental maps. Sounds kinda crazy. Not too much info about it though sadly.

Xdye7

Warzone in killzone was probably one of the greatest MP's out there. I love of random it was

Here's a rundown of every match:

1. Be a Tactician, just like everybody else on your team.
2. Capture all the tactical spawns
3. Mortar/Jetpack the other team
4. Spawntrap for the remainder of the match
5. ????
6. PROFIT

If you're on the losing team (aka getting spawntrapped):

1. Be a Medic
2. Stay at spawn
3. Revive teammates
4. ????
5. PROFIT

---

Noticed a few more things new in this patch:

-Everybody has Power Hunter, effective at like 0.25 metres. Even works in Co-op.
-The G-MAL recoil is avoidable by switching your strafing direction during/right before the recoil animation. It's really hard to pull off and it also works with the other weapons.
-Treasures are broken. They just are, don't ask.

In my opinion, the G-MAL nerf was poorly executed. Now, it's basically a FAL-SS that shoots a three round burst without the reticle bouncing back to its original position. There's no reason to use it over the FAL-SS.

Fucking
Awesome
Lagger
-
Stopping
Sex

They should have increased the delay between bursts and increased the non-scoped zoom (like the UC2 FAL).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man, I am loving this patch. There is so much variety in terms of guns. I've seen a shitload of AK's recently, with M9's (unfortunately always ROF or Spyder's). Haven't seen anyone used a FAL yet for some reason. There are still G-MAL users, but it's not an overabundance and its effectiveness at long range has been greatly reduced thanks to the added recoil.

The TAU sniper is a lot better now, but I haven't seen anyone use it besides me in the matches I played tonight.

Spyder has to be the most annoying character in existence. His VA is just so bad and his lines are horrible. Kinda disappointed that him and Guerro don't have their own set of unique grunts and are just the generic voice 1-5.

New taunts are AMAZING. They made me laugh so fucking hard tonight. Finally, Thrust and Pump can go die in a fucking fire where they belong.

I don't understand how the tournament thing works, but I don't think I'll ever participate.

One major thing:

WHY DID REGULAR SULLY GET NO LOVE IN CUSTOMIZATION!? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

I don't understand how the tournament thing works, but I don't think I'll ever participate.

Start a gametype that has leaderboard , spent a ticket.

Destroy everything ( be a good player )
At the end get your reward toward tournament ( points )
Once you have enough points , you get item rewards to use untill the next tournament.

I thought it was how it worked.

Toppot

Start a gametype that has leaderboard , spent a ticket.

Destroy everything ( be a good player )
At the end get your reward toward tournament ( points )
Once you have enough points , you get item rewards to use untill the next tournament.

I thought it was how it worked.
Naughty Dog made a separate video explaining it all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZuMDOiZnT_g

You are right except the last part. You get to use the rewards for the next tournament, not the current one. Also if you reach Gold tier (Top tier) in 6 separate (Not necessarily consecutive) weeks then you unlock the Dijin Skeleton skin permanently to use as a hero or villain skin in anything multiplayer except Co-op adventure.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

5. ????
6. PROFIT

1. Be a Medic
2. Stay at spawn
3. Revive teammates
4. ????
5. PROFIT

---

That's what you get for playing that shitty killzone 3.

Toppot

Used a couple of tickets on my first 2 games of the day, Hardcore mode. One game at 6 kills 6 deaths and 7 assists i got 1295 points. Another one I got 6 kills 14 deaths and 4 assists (awful) and i earned no points =[

If I ever want the Dijin Skin I need to play a lot better or spend a lot on tickets.

Mikey Jr.

Rewrite, dude, tournament thing is not as complicated as it sounds. "It sounds scary. Ohhhh Tournament... I am not good enough to compete!" It's not even a tournament. Just spend a ticket before a random normal match and try to get to gold tier. Thats it.

Gold tier is 18500 points in one week using 10 tickets.

Here is the breakdown of how they calculate points after each match.

Points = [1000 + (100*kills) + (25*assists) – (80*deaths)] * [1.2-(party size*0.2)]

You have to get 1850 points per match in all your 10 matches. Of course you can get more in one match, less in the other, etc.

So if you are a good player, you will smoke the shit out of this. I used one of my old matches and saw how much I would have gotten.

I got 24 kills, 5 deaths, and 1 assist.

Points = [1000 + (100*24) + (25*1) – (80*5)]
1000+2400+25-400
=3025

3025 points in one match. The death penalty is pretty brutal. Smoke bomb will probably be your friend.

Naughty Dog made a separate video explaining it all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZuMDOiZnT_g

You are right except the last part. You get to use the rewards for the next tournament, not the current one. Also if you reach Gold tier (Top tier) in 6 separate (Not necessarily consecutive) weeks then you unlock the Dijin Skeleton skin permanently to use as a hero or villain skin in anything multiplayer except Co-op adventure.
You're right..i made a mistake on that part.

6 gold tiers seems doable especially since they do not need to be consecutive

Xdye7

Spyder has to be the most annoying character in existence. His VA is just so bad and his lines are horrible.

Agreed. He sounds very out of tune and all he does is blurt out stupid memes.

"Me gusta"
"You mad bro"
"Come at me bro"

When getting shot at:
"Ow, ow, ow, ow"
"Bad day, bad day, bad day"

Couldn't he have thought of anything else?

unlock the Dijin Skeleton skin permanently to use as a hero or villain skin in anything multiplayer except Co-op adventure.

This is definitely going to cause problems. Especially when used in conjunction with Cloaked.

That's what you get for playing that shitty killzone 3.

I like Killzone 3.

---

This Lab rocks. This is the way TDM should be.

Been loving the M9 lately, Jade to be specific. The blindfire accuracy feels just like the AK's; you gotta work for the kill. Much less cheap now.

Also, is it just me or are the new treasures ridiculously rare? I have only gotten one of the new ones so far using Treasure Hunter Gold in every match. Hematite Lion Nepal for the Straw Hat if anyone is wondering. I'm getting 5-10 treasures/Just Cash every match. I have even gotten some of the rare "old" treasures multiple times.

Gorillaz

5. ????
6. PROFIT

1. Be a Medic
2. Stay at spawn
3. Revive teammates
4. ????
5. PROFIT

Im talking about killzone 2. I couldn't give a shit about killzone 3 but killzone 2 was and is one of the top MP games this gen. Uncharted 2/3 is good but KZ2 is still top dog.

Anyways was hoping the GMAL would get patched more because it still outclasses all other weapons (besides the M9)

Xdye7

Im talking about killzone 2. I couldn't give a shit about killzone 3 but killzone 2 was and is one of the top MP games this gen. Uncharted 2/3 is good but KZ2 is still top dog.

Anyways was hoping the GMAL would get patched more because it still outclasses all other weapons (besides the M9)

Killzone 2 was pretty fun I guess. All I remember was everyone using the Assault class and spamming rockets. I have way more fun playing Killzone 3.

Let the dust settle, the patch came out yesterday. Wait until all the people who Legacied unlock the ROF mod for the M9 again.

hao chi

Killzone 2 was pretty fun I guess. All I remember was everyone using the Assault class and spamming rockets. I have way more fun playing Killzone 3.

When I played it wasn't hard to find a server with Assault turned off.

Finding a server that wasn't 32 players on a map way too small for that many people... that was a different story.

Top Bottom