• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

I'm sooo tempted to get to the gold tier wins, simply for the Djinn skin...*sigh* I'm going to need to improve my skills...a lot.

Any update to the locked characters issue?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Mercenaries TDM...oh my god. I am so excited to play it. I really do wish there was a permanent playlist out of it. I play TDM as a lone wolf most of the time and I'm tired of getting paired with parties of 5 alongside crappy team mates. I will take advantage of this lab so much. <3 <3

I've gotten some of the new treasures, by the way...but I mostly get repeats of completed sets I have and fucking Just Cash. But I have about 5 of the new treasures.

Cheska

Do you guys still use the GAF PSN Chat to team up, etc? I'm itching to try out the new patch but detest playing alone with randoms :(

I have a headset and I'm not afraid to use it :D

Mikey Jr.

Good luck with that fucking gold tier.

Maybe I am rusty as fuck, but the algorithm for the points is either too strict, or the 10 tickets is too low.

I'll get silver, but just barely. I'm at 9891 with 3 tickets left. In all fairness, I have been sucking dog shit.

Good luck with that fucking gold tier.

Maybe I am rusty as fuck, but the algorithm for the points is either too strict, or the 10 tickets is too low.

I'll get silver, but just barely. I'm at 9891 with 3 tickets left. In all fairness, I have been sucking dog shit.

Of course.

How else are they going to get $$$ from them?

ZeroRay

It seems to me that ND's experimenting with a F2P model.

Or at least an added revenue model. This shit's gonna replace online passes in the future, watch.

Been playing a lot lately. I played a fuck ton of the beta, but not much of the retail. I decided to jump back in and am hooked again. Was a little afraid I wouldn't be able to adjust to whatever changes the game had gone through, but it really doesn't feel all that different to me.

Still love the G-Mal but it's still frustrating for me to use. Feels so gratifying to kill with it, though. I switched over to the M9 and all of the sudden everything magically less frustrating.

Just been lone wolfing up to this point -- and that's been tough. My PSN tag is ScareGoat if anyone would like to party up.

i've finally done 5 hours into the 1.13 patch and i'm loving it ..
the map flow are very good and so far i've meet incredible players that are "back".i had no intennion of legacy ..but it seems that i might just do it

Xdye7

Mercenaries TDM...oh my god. I am so excited to play it. I really do wish there was a permanent playlist out of it. I play TDM as a lone wolf most of the time and I'm tired of getting paired with parties of 5 alongside crappy team mates. I will take advantage of this lab so much. <3 <3

I've gotten some of the new treasures, by the way...but I mostly get repeats of completed sets I have and fucking Just Cash. But I have about 5 of the new treasures.

It's SO much fun. Parties ruin every ounce of fun in this game, regardless if you're the one in the party or not. Chatting and all is fun but gameplay wise it's stupid. I wish there was a way to play with friends in public matches without the fun ruining aspect.

Which game modes? How many kills? Using Treasure Hunter?

I got 238 kills today using Treasure Hunter Gold in the Lab (TDM) and have only found 1 of the new treasures (for a total of 1 of the new treasures overall). They seem pretty rare.

GRIP

Ok, so I used up four of my tickets (only played three games, though) and my point total hasn't changed since the first game that I actually got to play. I thought the point total of each game was added on to the other games you played? As it is now, the last two games that I used a ticket on didn't get me any additional points.

Duffyside

Banned
Hey, long time no see, U3 thread.

I'm popping in to ask if a bunch of these new trophies just immediately activated if you guys already met the requirements? Some of them would have to, right, like completing an Artifact Treasure Set? Or did you guys have to play a match first, and then once it was over and you added to a requirement (like winning 50 TO matches) then it would pop?

Gorillaz

Speaking of Lab...will there be a uncharted 3 summer beta lab? I thought someone said something about it...maybe arne....i forget who did....

It seems to me that ND's experimenting with a F2P model.

Or at least an added revenue model. This shit's gonna replace online passes in the future, watch.

I felt that as well...a very Team Fortress vibe along with a Skyrim vibe (because of hats abilities). Idk about this, a little nervous what this could mean for the future of how ND does MP.

Toppot

Hey, long time no see, U3 thread.

I'm popping in to ask if a bunch of these new trophies just immediately activated if you guys already met the requirements? Some of them would have to, right, like completing an Artifact Treasure Set? Or did you guys have to play a match first, and then once it was over and you added to a requirement (like winning 50 TO matches) then it would pop?
The only thing that carries over is your treasures for those treasure trophies. You have to re-earn/replay matches and medals for the other trophies, sucks balls.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Which game modes? How many kills? Using Treasure Hunter?

I got 238 kills today using Treasure Hunter Gold in the Lab (TDM) and have only found 1 of the new treasures (for a total of 1 of the new treasures overall). They seem pretty rare.
I got a drop from all the new TO treasure sets, so all I'm missing are the rare pieces.

In TDM, I also have a drop for each set. Just missing the rare piece.

I did unlock the Straw Hat today though, which is a TDM set. I just wore it and totally forgot that it had effects (something to do with clip size as the positive and the negative is less stopping power). I didn't notice any difference. lol

This lab is CRACK. I <3 it so much.

C'mon ND, make the mercenary TDM a playlist. It's just so fun when it's 100% randoms.

GRIP

Ugghhhhhhhhhhh........ if you lose a match none of your points count. That fucking sucks. Especially since you get punished for playing with teams. I went 22-5 in a match, but lost because I had two split screen parties on my team and I get jack shit for that, and we lost in OT. I guess ND is gonna get a little more of my money.

Dibbz

Ugghhhhhhhhhhh........ if you lose a match none of your points count. That fucking sucks. Especially since you get punished for playing with teams. I went 22-5 in a match, but lost because I had two split screen parties on my team and I get jack shit for that, and we lost in OT. I guess ND is gonna get a little more of my money.

Same happened to me except two guys on my team were glitching outside of the airfield doing nothing. If you're going to cheat at least get some fucking kills. to help us win :|

So like... Rika and Pinkerton don't fit in but.... a yak headed dude with perks attached does?

So sick of perks on top of perks to further unbalance everything. Anything in the update for folks who just want to have balanced fun?

Duffyside

Banned
The only thing that carries over is your treasures for those treasure trophies. You have to re-earn/replay matches and medals for the other trophies, sucks balls.

Yep, that does suck balls. I played a lot of U3 multiplayer, and really like it, but I'm done with it now. I don't think I'll even win 50 Plunder matches (my favorite mode), let alone play co-op Arena on Crushing and not die (is that even possible?)

Mikey Jr.

No, that cant be true.........

That would just be the stupidest thing ever.......

Yep, that does suck balls. I played a lot of U3 multiplayer, and really like it, but I'm done with it now. I don't think I'll even win 50 Plunder matches (my favorite mode), let alone play co-op Arena on Crushing and not die (is that even possible?)
As long as your teammates revive you this doesnt as a death

Xdye7

I got a drop from all the new TO treasure sets, so all I'm missing are the rare pieces.

Are you using Treasure Hunter?

I remember getting 12 Just Cash in a TO match yesterday (and 4 Acquisitions as a result lol) . Dose kickback fillers

Treasure Hunter > Bargain

LuuKyK

I did unlock the Straw Hat today though, which is a TDM set. I just wore it and totally forgot that it had effects (something to do with clip size as the positive and the negative is less stopping power). I didn't notice any difference. lol

This lab is CRACK. I <3 it so much.

C'mon ND, make the mercenary TDM a playlist. It's just so fun when it's 100% randoms.

lol just showing up in here to ask you if you saw my incredible jump into the limbo during our coop play one of these days. I just couldn't stop laughing. Seriously, I am amazed by my abilities in this game. HAHAHHA

I played a bunch of some Co Op Adventure today for the first time in a long time and it felt really good. It kinda makes me wanna get all the trophies but I get discharged when I think of not letting the statue take in damage in crushing. Just getting three competent players and getting into the Monestary level is hard enough as it is.

This Lab is awesome! But at times, the matchmaking can still suck. I get paired up at times with people with not so good stats, then people on the other team will have really good stats. Then there was some idiot on my team who kept hanging off the ledges and not even going for a kill (which made him go 1-16). I did pretty good camping in London Underground and Museum for those Long Rangers, just need 6 more. I even managed to get Ammo Award to Gold.

Xdye7

I got some of the new treasures today. I got the Gold Frog and Gold Turtle in Team Objective in order to unlock the Sailor Mask (I think that's what it's called, it gives +10% kickback duration and -10% Clip Size).

I also got the Gold Incense Burner for the Yeti Mask, which I believe is the rare treasure in the set.

Why do none of my MP skills from UC2 carry over into this game? It's unbelievable. Gone is the simple elegance of UC2's maps, replaced with chaotic and over-complex rooms and hallways with six entrances and exits. Constantly getting killed in the back. There's no way to avoid it.

Every time there's a patch I come back hoping it's better but this MP just isn't for me.

Kanguro

Neo Member
Why do none of my MP skills from UC2 carry over into this game? It's unbelievable. Gone is the simple elegance of UC2's maps, replaced with chaotic and over-complex rooms and hallways with six entrances and exits. Constantly getting killed in the back. There's no way to avoid it.

Every time there's a patch I come back hoping it's better but this MP just isn't for me.

LOL most of the maps in UC3 are from UC2

New patch coming next week.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/patch_114_notes/
Patch 1.13 is live and there are a few more fixes we want to get out to you. We’ve submitted a new patch for approval and testing. We will be deploying it as soon as it’s ready to go. We expect this to be live early next week around when stage 1 of the new DLC hits the PS Store. The changes for Patch 1.14 are as follows:

-Previously purchased characters and emblems will be properly unlocked for Legacy players
-Djinn and Guerro voiceovers have been restored
-Wins/Losses will in the Lab playlist will not be counted in the leaderboards or on a player’s personal stats

This is an incremental patch, so it’s only a 30MB download. You won’t have to download the whole 260MB patch 1.13 again. We will update you once Patch 1.14 is ready. Get ready for Bunny Ears and Jak Goggles next week!

See you online!

Definitely not liking the wlr change. What's the point of the Lab now?

Xdye7

They said it won't count towards the leaderboards. Currently kills and deaths still go towards personal stats, so I'm assuming it will be the same for wins and losses after the patch.

They said it won't count towards the leaderboards. Currently kills and deaths still go towards personal stats, so I'm assuming it will be the same for wins and losses after the patch.

Wins/Losses in the Lab playlist will not be counted in the leaderboards or on a player’s personal stats

I don't think I'll be playing the Lab with the change. If I do, I'll be leveling up my boosters because there's no point in trying to win if it won't count.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I can't believe they listened and made the stats not count in TDM variant labs. That's just really disappointing. :|

TripOpt55

Would like to reiterate the fact that this lab should be a regular playlist. So much more fun than playing full parties of five when going solo.

Xdye7

to have fun?

Bingo.

With the Mercenaries playlist, ND trolled the KDR whores who said stats shouldn't count during the RPG lab.

LMAO. The same whores who play in nothing less than a full party and use nothing but the best loadouts.

I bet ND will secretly patch the kills and deaths counting towards personal stats. Maybe Headshots will remain.

---

Any non-DLC players notice the sudden increase of tryhards? Even well known NDF-ers and YouTube-ers are travelling around in full parties, using the cheapest tactics, and trashtalking, all in the non-DLC pool. I'm constantly getting matched up against full parties in every mode except the Lab (for obvious reasons).

I think it's because they're trying to level up easier (more noobs in non-DLC pool). Extremely pathetic in my opinion.

---

When was the last time a dev posted in this thread? I'm constantly seeing them on the NDF and using the feedback from there. Why nothing from here? Not even a "Hi, we're reading your thoughts"?

GRIP

Any non-DLC players notice the sudden increase of tryhards? Even well known NDF-ers and YouTube-ers are travelling around in full parties, using the cheapest tactics, and trashtalking, all in the non-DLC pool. I'm constantly getting matched up against full parties in every mode except the Lab (for obvious reasons).

I think it's because they're trying to level up easier (more noobs in non-DLC pool). Extremely pathetic in my opinion.

Yes, I have noticed that over the last few days (I have all the DLC map packs but I rarely turn the toggle on). I haven't been running into teams as much, but it isn't uncommon to run into 7-8 legacy 4 players in match making. A week ago you might see at most 2-3 players that were at max rank playing non DLC.

I figure it just high level players wanting the easiest competition they can find when using there tournament tickets, and wanting to level up quicker.

Top Bottom